The situation of foreign domestic workers

Typhoon

The situation of foreign domestic workers

Post by Typhoon »

NYorker | A maid's execution
There are about one-and-a-half million female domestic workers in Saudi Arabia. “You would have heard about what happened to that Indonesian woman,” Imran remarked. I hadn’t. Sumiati Binti Salan Mustapa, I learned, was a twenty-three-year-old Indonesian maid who had been hospitalized in the Saudi city of Medina in November of 2010, after her employer had cut off her lips with scissors, burnt her back with an iron, pulped her legs with beatings, and broken a finger. Mustapa, who had been working in Medina for four months when she was hospitalized, told Indonesian diplomats that her employers had been beating her from the first day of work.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Friends don't let Friends go to to Saudi Arabia......

Post by monster_gardener »

Typhoon wrote:NYorker | A maid's execution
There are about one-and-a-half million female domestic workers in Saudi Arabia. “You would have heard about what happened to that Indonesian woman,” Imran remarked. I hadn’t. Sumiati Binti Salan Mustapa, I learned, was a twenty-three-year-old Indonesian maid who had been hospitalized in the Saudi city of Medina in November of 2010, after her employer had cut off her lips with scissors, burnt her back with an iron, pulped her legs with beatings, and broken a finger. Mustapa, who had been working in Medina for four months when she was hospitalized, told Indonesian diplomats that her employers had been beating her from the first day of work.
Thank You VERY Much for your post, Typhoon...

This story needs distribution wherever people might be tempted to go to this Hot Hell Hole on Earth.........

Friends should not let friends go to Saudi Arabia or Similar Sharia Slime Pits..........

One clan member once considered going to Baharain to teach English........ Fortunately he decided not to...........
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light