Exit.jpg
Exit.jpg (186.27 KiB) Viewed 4348 times
Doc

Re: Iraq

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:
Doc wrote:
kmich wrote:
We build a fire in a powder magazine, then double the fire department to put it out. We inflame wild beasts with the smell of blood, and then innocently wonder at the wave of brutal appetite that sweeps the land as a consequence
- Mark Twain, 1907 speech

I would remind you that ISIS was created in Syria not Iraq.
true, ISIS was created in SYRIA , by Mossad & CIA
AZ I think you should stop insulting Iran's friends the Mossad and the CIA. ;)
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Doc wrote:
Doc wrote:
kmich wrote:
We build a fire in a powder magazine, then double the fire department to put it out. We inflame wild beasts with the smell of blood, and then innocently wonder at the wave of brutal appetite that sweeps the land as a consequence
- Mark Twain, 1907 speech

I would remind you that ISIS was created in Syria not Iraq.
true, ISIS was created in SYRIA , by Mossad & CIA
AZ I think you should stop insulting Iran's friends the Mossad and the CIA. ;)

Fair argument .. and true :lol:

Looks to me, CIA has repent and Mossad soon will

Parodite

Post by Parodite »

At 3:06: "When Western evil is fused with Arab stupidity, nations die." Apt.

He is right but would replace "Western evil" with: US foreign policy by people who are too lazy to study the map first before they go on a holiday in the Meddle East and who suffer from a Messianic naivety.

GLXKx1z2dj0
Deep down I'm very superficial
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Comments on the Syriac ArchBishop's Perspective.....

Post by monster_gardener »

Parodite wrote:At 3:06: "When Western evil is fused with Arab stupidity, nations die." Apt.

He is right but would replace "Western evil" with: US foreign policy by people who are too lazy to study the map first before they go on a holiday in the Meddle East and who suffer from a Messianic naivety.

GLXKx1z2dj0

Thank You VERY MUCH for your post, Rhapsody Parodite.

He makes a number of good/interesting points but fails to see much of his own folly.

- That Syriac Christians gave culture or whatever it passes for it :roll: to the Muslims:

This reminds me of the theory that when the Arab Islamic Fanatics boiled out of the Arabian Desert they were largely illiterate including Big Mo MoHamMed himself.. So that when the Arabs finally got around to writing down the Koran they were often dependent on Jewish and in particular Syriac scribes which may be why some of the incomprehensible verses at the beginning of the chapters and a lot of other stuff in the Koran start to make some sense in Syriac....
While beautifully written, Islamic texts are often obscure. The Arabic language was born as a written language with the Koran, and growing evidence suggests that many of the words were Syriac or Aramaic.
http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/20 ... koran.html

There is a lot more at the link...

Probably deserves a separate thread of its own....

Done!

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2989

- Says that Syriac Christians only know how to write and dispense culture:

HELLO! Read the New Testament: when soldiers came to Jesus, He did not tell them to quit the army.
Luke 3:14
Soldiers asked him, “And what should we do?”

He told them, “No shakedowns, no blackmail—and be content with your rations.”
Thus Christians do NOT have to be pacifists.... :idea:

- That the Christians do not have weapons, not even knives, with which to defend themselves.....

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?s ... ersion=MSG

Almost sounds like an Ad for the 2nd Amendment & Guns..... ;) :idea:....

But really: IMPROVISE..... Prisoners in Jail are not allowed to have weapons but they make them anyway....

Likewise Japanese peasants were not supposed to have swords which why so many traditional/martial arts weapons like the sail and others are derived from agricultural tools....

The will to fight is even more important than what weapons one has because if one does not have the will to use them, the weapons are near useless especially if the enemy knows you do not have the will to fight. :idea:

- That he came back to Iraq after being in Australia because he was Homesick for Hell ;) oops I mean Iraq....

Hello! If you manage to get out of Hell, STAY OUT of HELL! :roll:

-Regarding mixing Western/US stupidity/evil with Muslim stupid/evil.... Sure thing that evil results: Duh!

That is an example of why one needs to be armed & ready to run to the hills like the Kurds do.....

- That Christians cannot live where there is not law......

Not so sure about that..... Recalling Christian missionaries to barbarians and savages since ancient times...

-That his type of Christians can not live without law..... Probably true..... Much better off in Australia or even Bashir Assad's Syria if one MUST live in the Hell called the Middle East but if so, better be willing to fight....

US foreign policy by people who are too lazy to study the map first before they go on a holiday in the Meddle East and who suffer from a Messianic naivety.
BINGO!......

Whether the naivety is of the DemocRAT Dumb$$ obama variety or the Republican Dumb as Bush ;) W variety :roll:

Democracy in the Middle East! :roll:

Going to be doing quite well just to teach Muslim Middle Easterners that if they attack US or Friends and Allies that they and the things they love will die or be destroyed..... :idea:

Also need to teach ourselves not to allow such people to come among US where they can do that to US..... :idea: :roll:
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Doc

Post by Doc »

Escaping Death in Northern Iraq
Video Feature: Surviving an ISIS Massacre [includes graphic images]
Sole survivor of a massive ISIS mass execution of Iraqi army recruits views images of the massacre for the first time

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/04/world ... picks=true
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

manolo

Post by manolo »

Folks,

Obama now has a coalition of more than 50 countries working against ISIS.

http://www.live5news.com/story/26595898 ... ainst-isis

This is the right way to do it.

Alex.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

manolo wrote:Folks,

Alex.
Not really. It's like those race cars covered in sponsor's stickers. Only one guy actually owns the car and drives it.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Heracleum Persicum

Nonc Hilaire wrote:

Alex.
Not really. It's like those race cars covered in sponsor's stickers. Only one guy actually owns the car and drives it.

yeeee , Only one guy actually owns the car and drives it :lol:

New to me Bahrain does have a military, let alone Air Force, same with Qatar or UAE :)

All this Kabuki no foolin Ahmadinejaaaat

noddy

Post by noddy »

according to that article iran has a sticker on the car too.
ultracrepidarian
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:

Alex.

New to me Bahrain does have a military, let alone Air Force, same with Qatar or UAE :)

What is Ahmadinejaaaat doin' these days now that Rouhani swiped his pillow?
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Heracleum Persicum

Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Nonc Hilaire wrote:

Alex.

What is Ahmadinejaaaat doin' these days now that Rouhani swiped his pillow ?

He waiting

waiting for Rouhani to fail,

if so

Ahmadinejat will take over and put in motion, execute, Phase-II :lol:

Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Nonc Hilaire wrote:

Alex.

What is Ahmadinejaaaat doin' these days now that Rouhani swiped his pillow ?

He waiting

waiting for Rouhani to fail,

if so

Ahmadinejat will take over and put in motion, execute, Phase-II :lol:

Execute Phase-II? Is that another youth group making YouTube music videos? :lol:

Teresa of Ávila
Doc

Post by Doc »

Obama puts boots in the air.

Things must be getting desperate in Baghdad. But remember we are not at war in Iraq.... :roll:

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/local-ne ... n-iraq.ece
U.S. helicopters join fight against Islamic State in Iraq

The U.S. helicopters sent into combat Sunday are probably AH-64 Apache attack helicopters, which were deployed to Baghdad International Airport in June to provide protection for U.S. military and diplomatic facilities.

By Mitchell Prothero and Jonathan S. Landay

Updated: 05 October 2014 06:41 PM

IRBIL, Iraq — The United States sent helicopters into combat against Islamic State targets west of Baghdad on Sunday, the first time low-flying Army aircraft have been committed to fighting in an engagement that the Obama administration officials has promised would not include “boots on the ground.”

The U.S. Central Command, in a statement about U.S. activities against the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, provided few specifics about the helicopters. They were probably AH-64 Apache attack helicopters, which were deployed to Baghdad International Airport in June to provide protection for U.S. military and diplomatic facilities.

Until Sunday, U.S. airstrikes in Iraq have been limited to fast-moving Air Force and Navy fighter aircraft and drones. But the use of the relatively slow-flying helicopters represents an escalation of American military involvement and is a sign that the security situation in Iraq’s Anbar province is deteriorating. Last week, the Islamic State militants overran numerous Iraqi bases and towns and were becoming a widespread presence in Abu Ghraib, the last major town outside of Baghdad’s western suburbs.

Jeffrey White, a former senior Defense Intelligence Agency analyst who closely follows developments in Iraq, said the use of helicopter gunships by the United States means that U.S. troops effectively are now directly involved in ground battles.

“It’s definitely boots in the air. This is combat, assuming U.S. Army guys were flying the helicopters,” said White, a defense fellow at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, a center-right policy institute. “Using helicopter gunships in combat operations means those forces are in combat.”

Moreover, the Obama administration’s decision to authorize the use of U.S. helicopter gunships indicates that nearly two months of U.S.-led airstrikes by fixed-wing fighters and bombers have failed to stop the Islamic State from massing ground troops and launching offensive operations, he said.

“It means however we were applying air power previously didn’t work to stop them from putting together offensive actions. One of the hopes was that using air power would impede them from using offensive operations,” White said. “But apparently, they have been successful in doing that despite the airstrikes.”

At the time the Apache squadron was deployed to Iraq, Pentagon officials said the aircraft would be used to protect American military and diplomatic facilities at the airport and the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad.

But the advance by the Islamic State into the Abu Ghraib area just outside the airport complex threatens to put the militants within rocket and artillery range of the facility, which houses hundreds of U.S. military advisers and a joint operations center. Any sustained shelling would likely force the airport to close, posing a hazard not only to American troops working in the joint operations center, but also to plans to evacuate U.S. diplomatic personnel.

Although the administration has repeatedly said that no “ground forces” would be used in the fight against the Islamic State, the use of the AH-64 represents a blurring of that promise.

The helicopters carry two-man crews and, with their missiles and powerful cannons, increase the amount and accuracy of the firepower that the U.S. military can bring to bear against the Islamic State in support of Iraqi ground troops. But because helicopters fly relatively “low and slow,” the Obama administration is taking on greater risk in terms of exposing U.S. forces to casualties, White said.

“The Iraqi air force just lost a brand new Russian helicopter (to Islamic State ground fire). So it’s significantly higher risk for whoever is flying the mission,” White said. “It’s certainly crossing another threshold. The U.S. is conducting strikes that are directly involved in combat.”

In its announcement, Central Command said the U.S. had employed “bomber, fighter and helicopter aircraft” to attack six targets northeast of Fallujah and southeast of Hit, both Islamic State-occupied towns in Anbar. It also said an Islamic State Humvee had been destroyed northeast of Sinjar, in northern Iraq.

In Syria, the Central Command said, U.S. aircraft struck Islamic State positions described as northwest of Mayadin and northwest of Raqqa.
Last edited by Doc on Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Iraqi officials say IS militants used chlorine gas
By QASSIM ABDUL-ZAHRA and SAMEER N. YACOUB

The Associated PressOctober 24, 2014 Updated 13 hours ago

KARIM KADIM, FILE — AP Photo

BAGHDAD — Islamic State militants used chlorine gas during fighting with security forces and Shiite militiamen last month north of Baghdad, Iraqi officials said Friday.

The disclosure comes on the heels of similar reports from the Syrian border town of Kobani, indicating that the extremist group may have added low-grade chemical weapons to an arsenal that already includes heavy weapons and tanks looted from captured military bases.

Three Iraqi officials — a senior security official, a local official from the town of Duluiya and an official from the town of Balad — told The Associated Press that the Islamic State group used bombs with chlorine-filled cylinders during clashes in late September in the two towns.

The militants, who control large areas of Syria and Iraq, have failed to capture Duluiya or Balad, both of which are around 80 kilometers (50 miles) north of the Iraqi capital.

In the attacks, about 40 troops and Shiite militiamen were slightly affected by the chlorine and showed symptoms consistent with chlorine poisoning, such as difficulty in breathing and coughing, the three officials said. The troops were treated in hospital and quickly recovered.

The senior security official said it was most likely that the Islamic State fighters obtained the chlorine from water purification plants in the areas they have overrun. Iraqi intelligence has indicated that the IS group has shells filled with chlorine that are ready to be used, the security official said.

"The IS fighters seized some quantities of chlorine after seizing control of some water purification plants or sites where chlorine was kept," said the senior official, adding that the "IS group has some experts who were able to manufacture chlorine shells."

The three officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak to media, did not elaborate or provide more details. The use of chlorine by the IS group in Iraq in September was first reported by the Washington Post.

In Washington, Secretary of State John Kerry said he could not confirm the Iraqi allegations but called them "extremely serious." He said chlorine can be considered a chemical weapon if it is mixed with other toxic agents.

"The use of any chemical weapon is an abhorrent act," Kerry told reporters at a State Department news conference with the South Korean foreign minister. "It's against international law. And these recent allegations underscore the importance of the work that we are currently engaged in."

He said the attacks, if true, "will not change our strategy" in Iraq.

Chlorine, an industrial chemical, was first introduced as a chemical weapon at Ypres in World War I with disastrous effects because gas masks were not widely available at the time.

In neighboring Syria, a joint U.N. fact-finding mission sent to investigate alleged chlorine attacks was ambushed and briefly detained by armed men earlier this year in rebel-held territory. The mission had said it was virtually certain chlorine had been used as a chemical weapon in the country's north.

And earlier this week Kurdish officials and doctors said they believed Islamic State militants had released some kind of toxic gas in the Syrian town of Kobani on the Turkish border, where Kurdish forces have been fending off a massive monthlong offensive by the extremist group.

Aysa Abdullah, a senior Kurdish official based in the town, said the attack took place late Tuesday, and that a number of people suffered symptoms that included dizziness and watery eyes. She and other officials said doctors lacked the equipment to determine what kinds of chemicals were used.

The reports could not be independently confirmed. Kurdish officials have made similar allegations before.

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad had agreed with the United States and Russia to dispose of his chemical weapons — an arsenal that Damascus had never previously formally acknowledged — after hundreds of people were killed in a sarin gas attack on the outskirts of Damascus in the summer of 2013. But because of its dual-use nature, chlorine was not listed as part of the Syrian arsenal.

Chlorine gas, when inhaled, swallowed or exposed to through skin, causes difficulty in breathing, coughing, and eye and skin irritation. It is not as toxic or effective at killing as sarin, a nerve agent, and experts say it is difficult to achieve high concentrations of chlorine by dropping it from the air.

Insurgents have used chlorine gas in Iraq before. In May 2007, suicide bombers driving chlorine tankers struck three cities in the western Anbar province, killing two policemen and forcing about 350 Iraqi civilians and six U.S. troops to seek treatment for gas exposure.
Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2014/10/2 ... tants.html
YMix

Post by YMix »

Westerners Journey to Iraq and Join Christian Militia to Fight ISIS

When one hears a story of Western civilians heading to the Middle East to volunteer for combat duty, one thinks of the hideously successful ISIS recruiting drive. However, as Reuters reports, “a handful of idealistic Westerners are enlisting” with a Christian militia group called Dwekh Nawsha, “citing frustration their governments are not doing more to combat the ultra-radical Islamists or prevent the suffering of innocents.”

This could lead to some legal entanglements for the volunteers, who are generally either skirting around the laws of their mother countries or flagrantly violating them.

Dwekh Nawsha’s name means “self-sacrifice” in Aramaic, the “language spoken by Christ and still used by Assyrian Christians, who consider themselves the indigenous people of Iraq.” The militia group is fighting alongside the Kurds to protect Christian villages and resist the Islamic State’s command for Christians to pay a submissive tax known as the jizya to their new overlords.

Most of their foreign volunteers are being turned back at the front by the Kurds, but Reuters had a few words with one recruit who has seen combat action against the Islamic State:

Saint Michael, the archangel of battle, is tattooed across the back of a U.S. army veteran who recently returned to Iraq and joined a Christian militia fighting Islamic State in what he sees as a biblical war between good and evil.

Brett, 28, carries the same thumb-worn pocket Bible he did whilst deployed to Iraq in 2006 – a picture of the Virgin Mary tucked inside its pages and his favorite verses highlighted.

“It’s very different,” he said, asked how the experiences compared. “Here I’m fighting for a people and for a faith, and the enemy is much bigger and more brutal.”

[…] “These are some of the only towns in Nineveh where church bells ring. In every other town the bells have gone silent, and that’s unacceptable,” said Brett, who has “The King of Nineveh” written in Arabic on the front of his army vest.

Other volunteers interviewed for the article (and identified by their first names only, out of concern for the safety of their families) spoke of their desire to “hopefully put a stop to some atrocities,” not just against Christians but also the persecuted Yazidis. Dwekh Nawsha even has a female foreign recruit, who expressed a desire to contain the global threat of radical Islam. They simultaneously admired the doughty Kurds who have done so much of the bloody ground work against ISIS, and expressed suspicion of messy Kurdish international politics, making the allied Christian militia a more appealing alternative. Most of the Western recruits described by Reuters had military or law-enforcement experience.

Australia’s ABC News offers a portrait of a Dwekh Nawsha recruit from Down Under named Khamis Gewargis Khamis, who didn’t seem concerned about using his full name:

“[ISIS doesn’t] discriminate when it comes to killing, torture and so on,” Mr Khamis told the ABC from his base in northern Iraq.

“These are barbaric people, they came here only to die for what they believe in, so you can imagine the terror that they are spreading among the families, the kids and so on.”

Mr Khamis, who is married and has two children, is stationed with other Dwekh Nawsha fighters in a town called Baqofa, around 30 kilometres from the major IS-held city of Mosul.

Two kilometres down the road is a town called Batnaya, which IS holds after driving out the Christian inhabitants.

“In the last few days [Islamic State] have been trying to come to these towns. They were somehow stopped by the coalition forces, from the air, and Peshmerga as well,” Mr Khamis said.

“We are on frontline, so last few nights there has been bombing from both sides, shelling. So yes, Dwekh Nawsha is frontline, trying to defend this town as much as we can.”

Khamis asserted that his militia unit received little help from either the Kurdish peshmerga or the central government of Iraq, appealing to Australia and the rest of the international community for help with funding, supplies, and munitions. He mentioned that he and his Western comrades in Dwekh Nawsha were aware they could be breaking a number of laws in their mother countries, and while they professed love for their homelands, they thought the urgent business of fighting ISIS demanded their presence in Iraq. ABC News reports that Assyrian community leaders in Iraq have asked the Australian government not to assess legal penalties against Australians who join the anti-ISIS militia.

The UK Daily Mail reported on the Dwekh Nawsha unit Khamis is stationed with last November, after Kurdish fighters pushed ISIS forces out of the area. The Kurds helped the militia unit get up and running to protect Baqofa, with one peshmerga brigade commander declaring, “We came here to protect our Christian brothers and their homes… there is constant cooperation and assistance. We are always together.”

As expected in this day and age, Dwekh Nawsha has its own Facebook page and Twitter account, where they solicit donations, and seem very appreciative of attention paid by world media to their cause. Their Twitter stream hasn’t been very active of late, but one of their last posts from November reads, “Bought two machine guns (BKC) with the donations of our people in California. GOD BLESS YOU!”
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Hearing one's calling

Alexis

CAJWAS

Post by Alexis »

Canadians Against Jihad... We Are Sorry!

Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Iraqi Army Regains Tikrit
Local Editor

The Iraqi army, backed by volunteer forces, made a final push against the ISIL terrorists in Tikrit, and managed to fully liberate the Northern city from the control of the Takfiri group.

The hometown of former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein was expected to be fully liberated within hours after the army troops and popular fighters inflicted major losses on the ISIL terrorists in the Southern and Western parts of the city and broke the terrorist group's fortified line of defense earlier in the day.

The Iraqi army and volunteer forces managed to retake Salahuddin provincial government's headquarters from the Takfiri group earlier today.

The Iraqi army also inflicted heavy casualties on the ISIL terrorists in Tikrit, and succeeded in liberating the city's School of Medicine from the control of the Takfiri group.

According to reports on Monday, the army soldiers made headway in their fight against the ISIL in Tikrit after killing more than 36 terrorists, and raised the national flag over the building of the medical center.

On Monday, Iraqi Prime Minister Haidar Al-Abadi announced that his country's forces are very near to winning back full control over Tikrit, adding that Mosul and Al-Anbar will be the next stop.

"The Iraqi troops are in the final battles for retaking control of Tikrit in Salahuddin province," the Iraqi prime minister said after meeting UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon in Baghdad on Monday.

Al-Abadi underlined that the Iraqi troops will try to regain control of Mosul and Al-Anbar in the next stage of their operations after Tikrit.

http://www.almanar.com.lb/english/adeta ... id=24&s1=1
Hopefully no prisoners have been taken. The only possible answer to ISIL is summary execution of all its fighting members. If that is done soon there will not be any volunteers.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Endovelico wrote:
Iraqi Army Regains Tikrit
Local Editor

The Iraqi army, backed by volunteer forces, made a final push against the ISIL terrorists in Tikrit, and managed to fully liberate the Northern city from the control of the Takfiri group.

The hometown of former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein was expected to be fully liberated within hours after the army troops and popular fighters inflicted major losses on the ISIL terrorists in the Southern and Western parts of the city and broke the terrorist group's fortified line of defense earlier in the day.

The Iraqi army and volunteer forces managed to retake Salahuddin provincial government's headquarters from the Takfiri group earlier today.

The Iraqi army also inflicted heavy casualties on the ISIL terrorists in Tikrit, and succeeded in liberating the city's School of Medicine from the control of the Takfiri group.

According to reports on Monday, the army soldiers made headway in their fight against the ISIL in Tikrit after killing more than 36 terrorists, and raised the national flag over the building of the medical center.

On Monday, Iraqi Prime Minister Haidar Al-Abadi announced that his country's forces are very near to winning back full control over Tikrit, adding that Mosul and Al-Anbar will be the next stop.

"The Iraqi troops are in the final battles for retaking control of Tikrit in Salahuddin province," the Iraqi prime minister said after meeting UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon in Baghdad on Monday.

Al-Abadi underlined that the Iraqi troops will try to regain control of Mosul and Al-Anbar in the next stage of their operations after Tikrit.

http://www.almanar.com.lb/english/adeta ... id=24&s1=1
Hopefully no prisoners have been taken. The only possible answer to ISIL is summary execution of all its fighting members. If that is done soon there will not be any volunteers.
Yeah and they did it without the Iranian lead militias. They refused to go in because of American air support. This was entirely the Iraqi army.
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Iraq Turns Down US Abrams tanks in favor of T-72B
May 27, 2015 - By Aleksey Khlopotov
http://fortruss.blogspot.pt/2015/05/ira ... ks-in.html

Translated from Russian by J.Hawk

A ship unloading its cargo of T-72 tanks from Russia was spotted at the port of Um-Qasr. The tight wrapping makes it difficult to say what variant is being supplied to the Iraqi army, but most likely those are refurbished T-72B MBTs.

It would appear that the Iraqis have had enough of their US super-duper-tanks and don't want any more of them--too expensive, and not effective enough.

J.Hawk's Comment: The T-72B is a "third-generation" T-72, introduced in 1985 as an answer to the 120mm-gunned NATO tanks, including the M1A1 Abrams. As such it is greatly superior to the earlier versions of the T-72 (which is all that Iraq had up to now), as well as the early versions of the Abrams.
Doc

Post by Doc »

https://mosuleye.wordpress.com/
Mosul Eye
This blog was set up to communicate what's happening in Mosul to the rest of the world, minute by minute from an independent historian inside Mosul.
In Memory of the Fallen

On this day, Mosul celebrated the martyrdom of its best resistant

As we remember the today, we want to say that we never forgot them, and we shall celebrate their sacrifice very soon, in our free Mosul

Eulogy ..

In Mosul, there are men proved that Freedom is pricey, and they proved all the fools and the ignorant’ accusations about Mosul’s citizens are utter wrong. There are men in Mosul that taught ISIL how bitterness tastes and forced it to recalculate everything all over. There are men in Mosul that will live in history forever, and memorials will be built in their memory all over the city. Those men are my people.

ISIL calls them spies, and we call them Life Makers, with every breath they gave up as they drowned, with their last breaths to their death, every single sigh of them carries a life that is beyond ISIL to kill. Men who stood honest and sincere to their city and people and fought for them. ISIL killed them in various ways, once by detonating their necks, another by drowning them and once more by exploding them with rockets, isn’t it alone a proof beyond any doubt of how much torment they made ISIL suffer all this time?

All Glory to you, O’ Men of Mosul, and our prayers and thoughts go to your families and loved ones. If there is a paradise, it is yours indeed, and if there isn’t, you are the finest of men would ever be berried into these grounds.

Those men have names, and their names should never be forgotten; their names must be imprinted into your minds and souls:

Wisam Saleh Ibrahim Aljobouri
Khalid Eid Ajeel
Ameen Sulaiman Ali
Baraa Ahmed Mahmood
Sami Saadi Allawie
Mohammed Sabah Noori
Faris Ahmed Jasim

May your souls rest in peace, and may your souls and bodies guide and light up Mosul’s way to be free of ISIL.

Amen
Doc

Post by Doc »

Endovelico wrote:
Iraq Turns Down US Abrams tanks in favor of T-72B
May 27, 2015 - By Aleksey Khlopotov
http://fortruss.blogspot.pt/2015/05/ira ... ks-in.html

Translated from Russian by J.Hawk

A ship unloading its cargo of T-72 tanks from Russia was spotted at the port of Um-Qasr. The tight wrapping makes it difficult to say what variant is being supplied to the Iraqi army, but most likely those are refurbished T-72B MBTs.

It would appear that the Iraqis have had enough of their US super-duper-tanks and don't want any more of them--too expensive, and not effective enough.

J.Hawk's Comment: The T-72B is a "third-generation" T-72, introduced in 1985 as an answer to the 120mm-gunned NATO tanks, including the M1A1 Abrams. As such it is greatly superior to the earlier versions of the T-72 (which is all that Iraq had up to now), as well as the early versions of the Abrams.
:lol:
Doc

Post by Doc »

http://www.breitbart.com/jerusalem/2016 ... mic-state/
Church Bells Ring Out in Christian Town Retaken by Iraqi Troops From Islamic State
1-HU-eqa8sU