Saudi Arabia

Parodite

Re: Saudi Arabia

Post by Parodite »

Deep down I'm very superficial
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote:The Saudis executed a peaceful cleric protester?

This is who the US supports?
bush-kisses-saudi-prince-4-15-09.png
obama is the current President, and supports the Saudis as much as anyone ever has.

This may have not made your news feed.
Censorship isn't necessary
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Typhoon wrote:The Saudis executed a peaceful cleric protester?

This is who the US supports?
bush-kisses-saudi-prince-4-15-09.png
obama is the current President, and supports the Saudis as much as anyone ever has.

This may have not made your news feed.
As does Trump, thereby continuing conventional US policy.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Reuters | Saudi to shelve, reform billions of dollars of unfinished projects - sources
Saudi Arabia's government is ordering its ministries and agencies to review billions of dollars' worth of unfinished infrastructure and economic development projects with a view to shelving or restructuring them, government sources said.

Riyadh's Bureau of Capital and Operational Spending Rationalization, set up last year to make the government more efficient, is compiling a list of projects that are under 25 percent complete, the sources told Reuters.

Many of these projects are relics of a decade-long boom of high oil prices and lavish state spending, which ended when oil began sliding in mid-2014, making it increasingly difficult for Riyadh to find the money needed to complete their construction.
No wonder the Saudis want to take Aramco public.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Our old friend Pepe Escobar on SA and Trump.
US President Donald Trump could not possibly have predicted the game-changing after-effects of his triumphal sword dance in Riyadh. Or could he?

The fact is the House of Saud went amok, in a flash, going after Qatar and bombing from the inside that glorious Arab NATO project – call it NATOGCC — sworn with pomp over a glowing orb.

An excited Trump tweeted three times his approval for Riyadh going after Doha.
https://geopolitics.co/2017/06/08/trump ... e-escobar/
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Spectator | Unlikely allies: Israel and the Saudis
By promoting some voices while preventing others from being heard, the royal [Saudi] court is testing the Saudi public’s reaction to a possible future announcement that the enemy (Israel) of my enemy (Iran) is my friend (Wahhabi-Zionist alliance).

This new geopolitical reality was championed last month by Donald Trump during his visit to Saudi Arabia and Israel. There, he too singled out Iran as the main instigator of terrorism and instability in the region. He gave King Salman (whom he had damned as a promoter of global Wahhabi terror and hatred just months earlier) a huge bear hug. Then he was symbolically flown on Air Force One from Riyadh to Tel Aviv, the first direct flight between Saudi Arabia and Israel. Trump, of course, did not write the speech he had been prepped to read. Truth be told, he would probably not have understood it if he had been in the audience. During the election campaign, he brazenly admitted that he had absolutely no understanding whatsoever of the difference even between (the Shia, Lebanon-based) Hezbollah and the (Sunni, Gaza-based) Hamas. Not since George W. Bush has the White House been inhabited by such an inarticulate, manipulable President with zero foreign policy experience.
Alexis

On the right & on the left

Post by Alexis »

On the right, the country heading the UN Commission on Human Rights, and now a member of the UN Women Rights' Commission

On the left, well those are the bad guys.

noddy

Post by noddy »

if we ignore cultural quibbling over which methods of murdering people are good and wholesome then the story is somewhat more complicated than that.

ultracrepidarian
noddy

Post by noddy »

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/saudi ... le/2638480
On Tuesday, Saudi Arabia's crown prince declared war on the clerical elite who have long shaped Saudi society.

The man who will be Saudi Arabia's next king, Mohammed bin Salman, did so by delivering an unequivocal message, "We are returning to what we were before, a country of moderate Islam that is open to all religions and to the world." The crown prince continued, "We will not waste 30 years of our lives wasting time dealing with extremist ideas. We will destroy them today," he said.
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

BBC | Saudi princes among dozens detained in 'anti-corruption' purge
A new Saudi anti-corruption body has detained 11 princes, four sitting ministers and dozens of former ministers, media reports say.

The detentions came hours after the new committee, headed by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, was formed by royal decree.
Those detained were not named.
BBC security correspondent Frank Gardner says Prince Mohammed is moving to consolidate his growing power while spearheading a reform programme.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Typhoon wrote:BBC | Saudi princes among dozens detained in 'anti-corruption' purge
A new Saudi anti-corruption body has detained 11 princes, four sitting ministers and dozens of former ministers, media reports say.

The detentions came hours after the new committee, headed by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, was formed by royal decree.
Those detained were not named.
BBC security correspondent Frank Gardner says Prince Mohammed is moving to consolidate his growing power while spearheading a reform programme.
Interesting to see what will follow. The surreal Roger Stone claims this "reformist" wants to purge Shia presence from SA.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Heracleum Persicum

Breaking News thread

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

We should have a "breaking News" thread

Sudden, Important things happening in all subjects and domains

King Fahd's grandson flees to Iran, asks asylum
Prince Turki bin Mohamed bin Fahd is reported to have fled Saudi Arabia and sought asylum in Iran

:lol:

Heracleum Persicum

Re: Braking News thread

Second Saudi prince dead in 24 hours
Prince Abdul Aziz, 44, was the youngest son of King Fahd.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdul_Aziz_bin_Fahd

Abdul Aziz bin Fahd (عبدالعزيز بن فهد بن عبد العزيز آل سعود) (16 April 1973 – 6 November 2017) was a Saudi prince and member of the royal House of Saud. It is alleged that he died during a gunfight in November, 2017, resisting arrest

Probably CIA eliminating all Arab patriots :lol:

"Princes" represent different "tribes" .. tribal war, "civil" war, could be ahead

Heracleum Persicum

Report in ME papers is, there is a general travel, exit, ban on all Princes, big business, rich people in Saudi Arabia.

Many arrests happening right now.

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

And for another take from Roger L. Simon:

https://pjmedia.com/rogerlsimon/us-saudi-arabia-now/
These days things in Washington resemble Riyadh more than we care to admit. And unlike the Saudis, we don't have Iran's clients flying missiles into our airports. What's our excuse?

Not much really -- just hatred and the lust for power. We're tribal too -- and then some. Indeed, we may be worse. How else to explain what's going on inside our major political institutions -- from Congress to our political parties to the Department of Justice to, needless to say, the FBI? The skullduggery has been endless.
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
noddy

Post by noddy »

the saudi press is certainly pushing it as a reform from the 1979 revolution.

http://www.arabnews.com/node/1189856
After 30 years in a coma, the real Saudi ‘awakening’ begins now
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

Each time MBS tried to counter Iranian influence,
he managed to do harm to almost everyone
except Iran.

In Lebanon however, things are already backfiring. The Saudi move had an unexpected result. Whereas Sunnis and Shias in Lebanon have seemed for the last 10 years incapable of sharing common ground on regional alliances, the “kidnapping” of their prime minister at the hands of his own Saudi boss managed to infuriate Hariri’s own community [bold mine-DL].

On Sunday, Hariri’s party even praised Hassan Nasrallah, calling him a “responsible man” who placed above all the country’s “national interest,” a first in more than 10 years.

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

The Spec | Saudi Arabia has united with Israel against Iran – and a desert storm is brewing
Mass arrests are the Crown Prince’s opening salvo in a fight against corruption and an embrace of moderate Islam.
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote:.

The Spec | Saudi Arabia has united with Israel against Iran – and a desert storm is brewing

Mass arrests are the Crown Prince’s opening salvo in a fight against corruption and an embrace of moderate Islam.

Modern Islam ! ! ! ! .. Modern Islam is Shia , with Ayatollahs :D

Come on

Crown Prince should first explain where he got the $ 500 m to buy that Yacht :lol:

762649f0-d0c4-4a37-a8cb-590381f8d4fe.jpeg
762649f0-d0c4-4a37-a8cb-590381f8d4fe.jpeg (109.97 KiB) Viewed 4190 times

These (so called) Princes would not get a job in a gas station .. all imbeciles

Kushner an Israeli operative to destroy Arabs , the whole rubbish is Natanyahu/Kushner plan.

Doc

Post by Doc »

Iran via its Houthi proxy just shot multiple missiles at Riyadh Saudi Arabia

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/saudi-arab ... 018-03-25/

_E8-S-yO4lQ
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Heracleum Persicum