The Third Jihad . .

Marcus

The Third Jihad . .

Post by Marcus »

We viewed this film a couple nights ago . . a film about radical Islam by an American physician who is a Muslim. Available from Netflix . . highly recommended:

yJy9tpGHGXM

More information here: http://www.thethirdjihad.com/
"The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time."
--- Richard Nixon
"I consider looseness with words no less of a defect than looseness of the bowels."
—John Calvin
Ibrahim

Re: The Third Jihad . .

Post by Ibrahim »

Not sure what you tell you, Marcus. This is basically a joke. I mean the Clarion Fund? Pipes? Raphael Shore? These people are career propagandists.

Be honest, could I not edit together exactly the same video, but with select quotes from racist hillibillies and footage of mangled bodies and weeping widows from US airstrikes? What would that video prove about any complex political or social issue?

Don't be a rube, man. You can get solid information on what's going on in the world with minimal effort.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

But ibs what if terrorism isn't the equivalent of state actions. What then.
Censorship isn't necessary
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death: I will fear no evil: for thou art with me;
thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:
thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

23rd Psalm. I'm not sure how it classified in the Islamic Zabur.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Ibrahim wrote:Not sure what you tell you, Marcus. This is basically a joke. I mean the Clarion Fund? Pipes? Raphael Shore? These people are career propagandists.

Be honest, could I not edit together exactly the same video, but with select quotes from racist hillibillies and footage of mangled bodies and weeping widows from US airstrikes? What would that video prove about any complex political or social issue?

Don't be a rube, man. You can get solid information on what's going on in the world with minimal effort.
No, Ibs, it's not a joke . . it's war . . you're on one side, and I'm on the other.

For my money, your obscene, vitriolic rants here are no different than the raging Imans shown in the film.
"The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time."
--- Richard Nixon
"I consider looseness with words no less of a defect than looseness of the bowels."
—John Calvin
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Marcus wrote:.
Ibrahim wrote:.

Not sure what you tell you, Marcus. This is basically a joke. I mean the Clarion Fund? Pipes? Raphael Shore? These people are career propagandists.

No, Ibs, it's not a joke . . it's war . . you're on one side, and I'm on the other.

For my money, your obscene, vitriolic rants here are no different than the raging Imans shown in the film.

Marcus, I would like to say two things, one intellectual, and one moral :)

The intellectual things I should want to say is this : when you studying any matter, or considering any philosophy, ask yourself ONLY, what are the facts and what's the truth that the facts bear out .. never let yourself be diverted to either what you wish to believe .. look only and solely what are the facts

The "moral things " I wish to say is very simple, I should say, LOVE IS WISE , HATRED IS FOOLISH etc etc

Look, Marcus, the net full of these kind of stuff, from all camps .. don't bother

BTW, Bertrand Russell reminds me of Rumi

Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Marcus wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:Not sure what you tell you, Marcus. This is basically a joke. I mean the Clarion Fund? Pipes? Raphael Shore? These people are career propagandists.

:lol: Yeah, you're on the side of the uninformed and fearful. I live in the real world

Pure nonsensical bigotry. There is plenty of extremist violence advocated on this forum, but none of it from me.

Anyway its nice that you watched some propaganda film and were suckered in by it. Another one born every minute.
noddy

Post by noddy »

its always interesting when different evangelicals become aware of eachother.. do they tippy toe around the unspoken or ....
ultracrepidarian
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

noddy wrote:its always interesting when different evangelicals become aware of eachother.. do they tippy toe around the unspoken or ....
Go on....
noddy

Post by noddy »

Ibrahim wrote:
noddy wrote:its always interesting when different evangelicals become aware of eachother.. do they tippy toe around the unspoken or ....
Go on....
i actually dont think of you as a muslim evangelist, that aspect of marcus's perception is opaque to me, prickly contrarian maybe :)

the above was a more generalistic muse on competing evangelists and the interactions they have when they bump into each other.
ultracrepidarian
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

noddy wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
Go on....
i actually dont think of you as a muslim evangelist, that aspect of marcus's perception is opaque to me, prickly contrarian maybe :)

the above was a more generalistic muse on competing evangelists and the interactions they have when they bump into each other.
My main hobby horses are complaining about racism and the murder of civilians. As those views are compatible with Islam then I guess it could be described as evangelism.

Is Marcus really advocating anything? My perception of what he's saying here is "I saw this movie. You are a terrorist." In general he makes declarations about history or Calvinism, and if you disagree he insults you or posts pictures. I guess that is also a form of evangelism, though perhaps of a different school.
noddy

Post by noddy »

you lose any cred as a jihadi by being so vocal on canadia (sp) vs america sh*tstirring.
ultracrepidarian
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Ibrahim wrote: My main hobby horses are complaining about racism and the murder of civilians.
Err, how so. You're sort of the champion of both (various ersatz races you've compiled from the US, and LIBYA).
Censorship isn't necessary
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

noddy wrote:you lose any cred as a jihadi by being so vocal on canadia (sp) vs america sh*tstirring.
Ah, that's just my self-interested side trying to show them a better path. If America tanks too badly it'll mess up even my extremely conservative investment portfolio.
Marcus

Islam uber alles . . .

Post by Marcus »

Don't take my word for it . . watch the film and decide for yourself.

The film in its entirety can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XUub1no1qw

Some few years back, Reconstructionism, a teensy-weensy, fringe element within Christianity, created a sh*t-storm of alarm by advocating the institution of Old Testament law. Radical Muslims are intent on worldwide domination by Islam and the institution of Sharia law. How much more terrorism, how many more 9/11s, how many more revenge killings, beheadings, car bombs, and the like before the West realizes these people are serious?

Radical Islam has been waging war, slaughtering its neighbors and slaughtering each other for 1400 years.

Now they have to temerity to squall like a stuck hog about collateral damage when the West reacts in self-defense?

Watch the film . . by a Muslim about radical Islam . . decide for yourself.
--- Richard Nixon
—John Calvin
Ibrahim

Re: Islam uber alles . . .

Post by Ibrahim »

Marcus wrote:Watch the film...
By all means. Also read up on the producers of this film.

Marcus wrote:Now they have to temerity to squall like a stuck hog about collateral damage when the West reacts in self-defense?
Innocent people in Pakistan, Yemen, and elsewhere are complaining about the US military murdering their family members for no reason. If somebody blew your granddaughter to smithereens with a Hellfire missile because they didn't like "Christians" how do you think you'd respond? Would you "squall like a stuck hog?"

Why would you try to minimize and defend the murder of civilians based on their religious affiliation? Seems monstrously immoral, as well as un-Christian and un-Islamic.

Watch the film . . by a Muslim about radical Islam . . decide for yourself.
Why does the religion of the filmmaker matter? If I link to pro-Islam films or books by Muslims will you then change your mind and believe something else?
Last edited by Ibrahim on Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

X_miXg5nmUw
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Ibrahim wrote:There is plenty of extremist violence advocated on this forum, but none of it from me.
No, you just speak up for those of your tribe who do...
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Endovelico wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:There is plenty of extremist violence advocated on this forum, but none of it from me.
No, you just speak up for those of your tribe who do...

The verbal, murderous violence coming from that quarter on these fora makes Pastaneta and Charleston look like Sunday School teachers.

"But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire." —Jesus
--- Richard Nixon
—John Calvin
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Ranting Islamic religious extremists are a rather poor substitute as an existential bogeyman for the communism of the former Soviet Union and Maoist China.

Anyways, it would not be at all difficult to produce an analogous video featuring Made in the USA religious extremists.

Silly stuff for the feeble minded.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Typhoon wrote:Ranting Islamic religious extremists are a rather poor substitute as an existential bogeyman for the communism of the former Soviet Union and Maoist China.

Anyways, it would not be at all difficult to produce an analogous video featuring Made in the USA religious extremists.

Amen. Let's look for good sources of information in this propagandist environment. Most of what we read is wrong or a deliberate distortion no matter what.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Typhoon wrote:Ranting Islamic religious extremists are a rather poor substitute as an existential bogeyman for the communism of the former Soviet Union and Maoist China.

CS,

What world do you inhabit? I'm old enough to well remember Uncle Joe and Mao . . worst I ever heard from that crowd was Nikita ranting that Communism would bury Capitalism . . a damned far cry from sawing off heads on Youtube, daily car bombs, intentionally killing kids, and on and on and on.

As for any Made-in-the-USA religious freaks, you'll look far and wide to find, if ever you can, the kind of vile, bloodthirsty vitriol coming daily from radical, Muslim extremists. It is, in fact, pretty damned hard to find, if ever you can, a dissenting voice within Islam, any condemnation whatsoever of radical, Islamic violence and bloodshed.

RMsU9Ex-kJY
london-muslim-protest-2.jpg
london-muslim-protest-2.jpg (24.92 KiB) Viewed 1081 times
And before anyone reads too much into all this, it's not about Islam . . it's about radical Islam . . .

. . . unless, of course, they're one and the same . . . :shock:
--- Richard Nixon
—John Calvin
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Marcus wrote:

CS,

What world do you inhabit? I'm old enough to well remember Uncle Joe and Mao . . worst I ever heard from that crowd was Nikita ranting that Communism would bury Capitalism . . a damned far cry from sawing off heads on Youtube, daily car bombs, intentionally killing kids, and on and on and on.

As for any Made-in-the-USA religious freaks, you'll look far and wide to find, if ever you can, the kind of vile, bloodthirsty vitriol coming daily from radical, Muslim extremists. It is, in fact, pretty damned hard to find, if ever you can, a dissenting voice within Islam, any condemnation whatsoever of radical, Islamic violence and bloodshed.

RMsU9Ex-kJY
london-muslim-protest-2.jpg
And before anyone reads too much into all this, it's not about Islam . . it's about radical Islam . . .

. . . unless, of course, they're one and the same . . . :shock:
Some perspective:

The former Soviet Union had one of the two largest conventional military forces on the planet with a global range.

The only way the US could have halted an invasion of Western Europe would have been to resort to so-called tactical nuclear weapons.

The SU also had more than enough nuclear armed missiles to wipe out the US.

Compare this to small group of religious extremist yelling offensive slogans.

So what.

What are they going to do? Impose their views in Peoria?

That video is nothing more than fodder for the feeble minded.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Marcus

Islam uber alles . . .

Post by Marcus »

Typhoon wrote:Compare this to small group of religious extremist yelling offensive slogans.

So what.

What are they going to do? Impose their views in Preoria?

Fodder for the feeble minded.
And your perspective is what? . . fodder for the unconscious . . ? . . ;)

No, compare it to the daily gore flowing from radical Islam.

And, no, don't be silly . . no one's remotely worried about them imposing Sharia law in Peoria . . . yet . .

Watch the film . .
--- Richard Nixon
—John Calvin
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Yawn.