Afghanistan

Ibrahim

Re: The Afghanistan Thread

Post by Ibrahim »

Endovelico wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:I think Americans know little about Afghans, but Muslims have been actively demonized by a vocal minority, with a resulting shift in overall perception, for a a decade now, and to that extent Americans have a negative view of Afghans as a whole. Also, 9/11 terrified Americans to the extent that anything was acceptable if it gave the illusion of more security.

So, Americans (and allies) have killed Afghans for over a decade, killing far more civilians than al Qaeda has ever killed in its entire existence by several orders of magnitude, and this is justified by assuming that most people killed must be terrorists (Afghan = Muslim = terrorist) and when it can't be avoided acknowledging that civilians were killed, this is justified in the name of security.

What bothers me is that this recent massacre is rightly condemned, but its not really any different than the baseline American (and allied) strategy since day one. Like I said, murders like this happen every day, just with airstrikes instead of some animal dragging a little girl out of her parents' home by her hair and stomping her to death.

But when the toy plane does it the headline is "16 Taliban fighters slain in drone strike." If they are feeling really rigorous they may toss in a "suspected."
I think the problem goes deeper than that. In the Anglo-Saxon culture any violence committed against one of the group is seen with a great sense of outrage, and it must be paid back tenfold. Soldiers know they are at risk, but when any comrade is killed this is seen as an attack and an insult to all. This need of revenge is then directed not against those who may have killed your friend, but against the whole enemy nation, civilians included.
This isn't really specific to Anglo-Saxons. Bearing grudges seems like a universal human preoccupation. Southern Europeans are famous for the vendetta, and Arabs and Afghans take grudge-bearing to the next level. Which is why the rising numbers of civilian casualties was a guarantee that the NATO mission would fail.

I spent three years in the military, and was for two years in Angola during the war there.
Well that is impressive. A famously ugly conflict.
With very few exceptions our soldiers grieved for their dead comrades, but did not look for revenge. While in action we certainly saw as our objective to avoid getting killed, to kill the enemy, and destroy their capacity to fight against us. However, never did I witness that feeling of outrage and desire for revenge when any of ours was killed.
I'm surprised to hear that, but I can't contest your personal experience. I've read many accounts and spoken to many veterans, and the sense of personal insult and need to recompense is usually pretty common. The exception seems to be WW1, where the entire situation was so absurd and indiscriminately lethal that it was harder to personalize. FOr it to be absent in a colonial conflict is rare to say the least.

And civilians were completely out of bounds. That did not prevent a couple of well documented massacres occurring, but such actions were very rare and overwhelmingly condemned. I think we never came to hate those we fought against, but had no qualms about killing them, if we saw the opportunity. In matter of fact I think that hatred has no place in war. The more you respect your enemy and his capabilities, the more successful you will be in defeating him.
That is an enlightened attitude, but the majority of military history shows that hatred and bloodlust have been a part (if not a celebrated and encouraged part) of warfare for all of human history. As long as there is warfare there will be massacres of this kind, but a sign of civilization is of course to try and avoid it, and punish it when it occurs.

I think the decade of murdering civilians has just eroded the Afghan population, and this might be a "last straw" situation.
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Ibrahim wrote:
Endovelico wrote:With very few exceptions our soldiers grieved for their dead comrades, but did not look for revenge. While in action we certainly saw as our objective to avoid getting killed, to kill the enemy, and destroy their capacity to fight against us. However, never did I witness that feeling of outrage and desire for revenge when any of ours was killed.
I'm surprised to hear that, but I can't contest your personal experience. I've read many accounts and spoken to many veterans, and the sense of personal insult and need to recompense is usually pretty common. The exception seems to be WW1, where the entire situation was so absurd and indiscriminately lethal that it was harder to personalize. For it to be absent in a colonial conflict is rare to say the least.
That's maybe why, for all ends and purposes, the rebellion and war in Angola were over by 1973. Angolans still wanted their freedom, but economic growth and a relaxed posture by the "colonialist" had made the situation bearable for most of them. And most civilians didn't see themselves as targets of those "colonial" forces, for the simple reason that they weren't. I know this is hard to believe for people who had a different experience, but that's pretty much what I witnessed when I was there. Mind you, I'm not saying that there wasn't any discrimination against black Angolans, but it was certainly less visible than discrimination against Blacks in the southern US of the 60's. Absence of hatred was, in my opinion, the reason why this happened.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Military | [US] Troops Still Embrace 'Infidel' Label

Interesting that the comments are mostly of the "Kill them all, let God sort them out" variety.

One has to wonder. What exactly is the mission of US in Afghanistan since ~ 2002 and post bin Laden?

To win hearts and minds? A failure.

To eliminate the Taliban? A failure.

To install a pro-Western democratic govt that will survive past any US occupation. Probably a failure.

To secure valuable natural resources? Nothing significant that I'm aware of.

To kill all Afghans? A failure.

Anyways, the Afghan War has now go one for most than 10 years. Far longer than either WW1 or WW2. What has been achieved?
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Typhoon wrote:One has to wonder. What exactly is the mission of US in Afghanistan since ~ 2002 and post bin Laden?
To feed the military-industrial-congressional complex maybe?
"The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time."
--- Richard Nixon
"I consider looseness with words no less of a defect than looseness of the bowels."
—John Calvin
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

The fact that almost nobody even pretends to have a logical reason why the US is in Afghanistan is a good sign that the occupation is almost over.

I think the past month has been a real watershed for the Taliban, from a political standpoint at least. They aren't even going through the polite fiction of negotiation with the US now. The aftermath looks a lot like 2000, except that now Pakistan is broken as well.
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

What I Learned in Afghan School at a MADrASSa

Post by monster_gardener »

Typhoon wrote:Image

Military | [US] Troops Still Embrace 'Infidel' Label

Interesting that the comments are mostly of the "Kill them all, let God sort them out" variety.

One has to wonder. What exactly is the mission of US in Afghanistan since ~ 2002 and post bin Laden?

To win hearts and minds? A failure.

To eliminate the Taliban? A failure.

To install a pro-Western democratic govt that will survive past any US occupation. Probably a failure.

To kill all Afghans? A failure.

Anyways, the Afghan War has now go one for most than 10 years. Far longer than either WW1 or WW2. What has been achieved?
Thank you Very Much for your post, Typhoon.
What has been achieved?
IMVHO it has taught US/uz a few things........

What I Learned in Afghan School at a MadrAssa ;) :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1. That it's risky and wasteful to do nation building to try to teach democracy to demos ;) who are into sharia........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_o ... erms#Demos

2. That the last couple or more of our Present Dunces/Presidents are InFuddel incompetents at best........ ;) :( :( :(

"W" especially.......... Can't even talk straight...........

Maybe uz too............. We elected these Klowns................... OR DID WE ?!!! ................ W especially.............
IIRC there was some sort of a survey touting Afgahn resources a while back.............

I do remember reading that the Chinese have a copper mine there........

At upper levels of the US mis-Government there may be some craps who are into the old British-Russian "Great Game" on which idea I spit or worse.......

Am a Jackson man..........

Not interested in treacherous 2 legged Afghan hounds except as far as making sure they don't come here to bite Uz again after we helped rescue them from the Russian Bears...... Let the Persian PeaCocks or Chinese Dragons have them for all I care and do what they will with the dirty dogs as long as the Cocks ;) or Dragons keep the S.O.B. Tallywacker ;) hounds on a VERY short leash..........

Think the Dragons might be especially good at it :twisted: ........ Remembering a Uiger young man who had gone Han to the point that he like ;) spoke English like a Valley Girl ;) :lol: :twisted: :lol:

Note to self: May have to cut back or at least go to confession...................
Last edited by monster_gardener on Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Marcus wrote:
Typhoon wrote:One has to wonder. What exactly is the mission of US in Afghanistan since ~ 2002 and post bin Laden?
To feed the military-industrial-congressional complex maybe?
That's about the only reason that makes any [depressing] sense.

_____

Fred | Spinning Business as Usual
When you have trained men to behave in a certain way, don't be surprised when they do.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

• muck around in everybody's business

• be the resident asshole

• be essentially useless, but at the same time make yourself essential

• if anything useful's being attempted, obstruct it somehow or otherwise muck it up

• if anything adverse or undesireable is about to gutter out, revive it somehow or otherwise keep it going

• never let anyone forget, you are a boor, a bully and an imbecile

Think that covers it?.......
“You are asking someone who is 19 or 20 years old to flip a switch from being a cold-blooded killer to someone who has to be cognizant of cultural realities,” he said.
http://www.military.com/news/article/tr ... 570&rank=1

PROTIP: You are not to be a cold-blooded killer in the first place. Your whole business is to be sensitive to cultural realities, that's what the entire mission is. If it can't work, you can't fix it, that's a problem for the upper management. Do the best you can and get out alive....
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
monster_gardener

Should Have Armed Bears. Lampshades & Soap Ralph the Nader S

AzariLoveIran wrote:
monster_gardener wrote:.
AzariLoveIran wrote:.

how much you willing to pay Iran takes care of the situation

Not talking about paying.......... Talking about selling ungrateful Afghan hounds/Sons of Bitches........

come on, Monster, come on

You want it for free ? ? :lol:

Come and kill all those woman and children, ruin a culture & civilization poor like a mouse .. that CIA Ossama/ USSR + 9/11 rubbish as excuse to kill millions .. and leave for free ?

All those (poor) Germans were hanged for much less than that

needs a truth finding tribunal back2back with a "world crimes against humanity" tribunal .. IN TEHRAN

look, Monster , if all those who did all those atrocities in Laos and Cambodia and Iraq and Afghanistan and and and die in bed , would not be the best proof no such things as G_D but rather a iron glad proof such thing as Ahriman ? ?

Promise to not queer the pitch like Eagle US foolishly did when Russian Bear try to eat Afghan hound's lunch & Afghan hounds too.*

As happy to sell 2 legged Afghan hounds to Chinese Dragon as sell to Persian Peacock/Leopard..........

Putin asking America to stay
Moscow has become alarmed at talk in the US and other NATO countries about a precipitous pullout of forces from Afghanistan.

come on, Monster, come on

You want it for free ? ? :lol:

Come and kill all those woman and children, ruin a culture & civilization poor like a mouse .. that CIA Ossama/ USSR + 9/11 rubbish as excuse to kill millions .. and leave for free ?
Thank you Very Much for your post, Azari.

Not rubbish..... US/uz Eagle helped rescue remains of Afgahn Hound's culture & civilization from Russian Bears........ Got stabbed in back....... One Reason I like South Koreans is a reason I despise Tallywacker PashTOON Afgahn Son of a Bitch 2 Legged Dogs....... Betrayers of Benefactor........ Given too much already..... build road there but not repair bridges here.......

Better to spend money on getting into space........... *

Let the Chinese Dragons eat them and their alleged boy raping culture and take their copper........

May laugh when Afgahn survivors speak Chinese like Han solo :wink: and like ;) speak English like ;) Valley Grrls like ;) those Uiger Boyz.... :lol:

Of course maybe Persian Peacock might buy Afghan Hounds from American Eagle ;) ..........

http://www.ae.com/web/index.jsp

Maybe Iranian Obedience School :lol: :lol: :lol: easier for Afgahn Hounds :twisted: ...

Just be sure to keep those Sunni Dogs ;) on short leash so stay in yard and not bite Peacock or us/Uz and friends....

All those (poor) Germans were hanged for much less than that
I don't recall seeing Afghan Skin Lampshades or a bars of Afghan body fat soap at Walmart...:twisted:
Those were German/Nazi specialty item....... :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

Also the Germans were not POOR....... Allies found them much better fed than the rest of Europe which they had looted wholesale by national treasury and retail down to bars of butter and eggs.......
needs a truth finding tribunal back2back with a "world crimes against humanity" tribunal .. IN TEHRAN

And I'd recommend that Ralph ;) , "the Nader Shah" be part of the defense team/character witness... have his towers of skulls as part of show and tell :o :shock: :twisted:
Moscow has become alarmed at talk in the US and other NATO countries about a precipitous pullout of forces from Afghanistan
Thank you for the link........ Sigh.......... We/US goofed........ Should have Armed the Bears :lol: when they were trying to eat the Afghan Hounds
:twisted:

*Maybe help Persian Peacock fly there too :D Space too dangerous to have any one entity dominate......
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

http://blogs.aljazeera.com/asia/2012/03 ... heir-names

Al Jazeera wrote:No one asked their names
By Qais Azimy in Asia on Mon, 2012-03-19 14:23.

In the days following the rogue US soldier’s shooting spree in Kandahar, most of the media, us included, focused on the “backlash” and how it might further strain the relations with the US.

Many mainstream media outlets channelled a significant amount of energy into uncovering the slightest detail about the accused soldier – now identified as Staff Sergeant Robert Bales. We even know where his wife wanted to go for vacation, or what she said on her personal blog.

But the victims became a footnote, an anonymous footnote. Just the number 16. No one bothered to ask their ages, their hobbies, their aspirations. Worst of all, no one bothered to ask their names.

In honoring their memory, I write their names below, and the little we know about them: that nine of them were children, three were women.

The dead:
Mohamed Dawood son of Abdullah
Khudaydad son of Mohamed Juma
Nazar Mohamed
Payendo
Robeena
Shatarina daughter of Sultan Mohamed
Zahra daughter of Abdul Hamid
Nazia daughter of Dost Mohamed
Masooma daughter of Mohamed Wazir
Farida daughter of Mohamed Wazir
Palwasha daughter of Mohamed Wazir
Nabia daughter of Mohamed Wazir
Esmatullah daughter of Mohamed Wazir
Faizullah son of Mohamed Wazir
Essa Mohamed son of Mohamed Hussain
Akhtar Mohamed son of Murrad Ali

The wounded:
Haji Mohamed Naim son of Haji Sakhawat
Mohamed Sediq son of Mohamed Naim
Parween
Rafiullah
Zardana
Zulheja
monster_gardener

Who do we remember ....... Mostly Villians and Heroes

Ibrahim wrote:http://blogs.aljazeera.com/asia/2012/03 ... heir-names

Al Jazeera wrote:No one asked their names
By Qais Azimy in Asia on Mon, 2012-03-19 14:23.

In the days following the rogue US soldier’s shooting spree in Kandahar, most of the media, us included, focused on the “backlash” and how it might further strain the relations with the US.

Many mainstream media outlets channelled a significant amount of energy into uncovering the slightest detail about the accused soldier – now identified as Staff Sergeant Robert Bales. We even know where his wife wanted to go for vacation, or what she said on her personal blog.

But the victims became a footnote, an anonymous footnote. Just the number 16. No one bothered to ask their ages, their hobbies, their aspirations. Worst of all, no one bothered to ask their names.

In honoring their memory, I write their names below, and the little we know about them: that nine of them were children, three were women.

The dead:
Mohamed Dawood son of Abdullah
Khudaydad son of Mohamed Juma
Nazar Mohamed
Payendo
Robeena
Shatarina daughter of Sultan Mohamed
Zahra daughter of Abdul Hamid
Nazia daughter of Dost Mohamed
Masooma daughter of Mohamed Wazir
Farida daughter of Mohamed Wazir
Palwasha daughter of Mohamed Wazir
Nabia daughter of Mohamed Wazir
Esmatullah daughter of Mohamed Wazir
Faizullah son of Mohamed Wazir
Essa Mohamed son of Mohamed Hussain
Akhtar Mohamed son of Murrad Ali

The wounded:
Haji Mohamed Naim son of Haji Sakhawat
Mohamed Sediq son of Mohamed Naim
Parween
Rafiullah
Zardana
Zulheja
Thank you Very Much for your post, Ibrahim.

Fair enough, but............

Wonder if Osama bin Ladin, Ayman Al-Zawahir and Mullah Omar bothered to read the entire list of names on the 911 planes....... let alone the list of victims on the ground....... and continuing from the toxic dust and fumes........

I doubt it..........*

Will confess that I can more easily remember the vile Muslim 911 perps than most of the victims except for heroes like Todd "Let's Roll" Beamer .....

In the Holocaust/WW2, I/we remember many of the villianous Nazis and maybe a few of the heroes like Raoul Wallenberg, Chiune Shugihara, Rodger Young and Taffy 3 but not so many of the victims......... Anne Frank, Raoul Wallenberg again, Admiral Canaris.........

*I also doubt that most Afghan Hounds really gave a damn about US except to damn US as infidels who didn't continue the support/tribute/jizya after we/Uz helped rescue their ungrateful betrayer of benefactor tails from the Russian Bears.......
AzariLoveIran

Re: Who do we remember ....... Mostly Villians and Heroes

Post by AzariLoveIran »

Wonder if Osama bin Ladin, Ayman Al-Zawahir and Mullah Omar bothered to read the entire list of names on the 911 planes....... let alone the list of victims on the ground....... and continuing from the toxic dust and fumes........

I doubt it..........*

Monster,

Nobody knows who did 9/11 (7/8 world population think otherwise), how many died, who died (rumor is many Bangladeshi dishwashers died), toxic waste you referring and and and

but

since 9/11

West has killed nearly 1 million in Iraq, Afghanistan and and and .. we not talking of that depleted Uranium munition that will kill another million for generations

well

that is you guys problem

you think Americans are special human species

they not

all humans are same species

dead Afghan child same as dead American child

so

instead of repenting,

you guys think best defense is an aggressive offense

Americans must reeducate themselves

no such thing as citizen

that "citizen" rubbish, that "Nation" rubbish, were invented by colonialists, to divide and rule, to make out of same people different "nations", divide and rule .. Pakistan fighting India for what ? they same people

Before colonialism, was no "Nation", no "nationalism" .. no "citizenship"

That Greek phenomena of "citizen" had not the same meaning as today

it was meant "citizen" versus "slave" status (reminds one of Patriot act)

Seems, west, you guys, still same mindset

seems

You consider westerners as "citizens" .. and all others as "slave"

you might say no

but

with all due respect, Monster

all fact on the ground, your mindset and action

confirm, you thinking in Greek terms

otherwise

you would consider American child same as Afghan child

which

you don't

not nuclear bomb

but

the above is the heart of Iran-American dispute

You guys deny same right to Iranians (300+ million people) as for yourself

you consider you guys having "citizen" rights, Iranian people "slave" rights

That is what Iranians say we only will negotiate as equal .. not as "citizen" & "slave"

That is why Obama NooRooz message to Iranian people gets no traction with Iranians

Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

AzariLoveIran wrote:Nobody knows who did 9/11 (7/8 world population think otherwise),
Stupid nonsense.

In any case the 9/11 victims received their due in the form of numerous memorials and commemorations, as is appropriate.
AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

Ibrahim wrote:
AzariLoveIran wrote:Nobody knows who did 9/11 (7/8 world population think otherwise),
Stupid nonsense.

Ibrahim ,

with all due respect,

7/8 of worlds population, even majority of Americans

say

above

neither

stupid

nor nonsense

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

AzariLoveIran wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
Stupid nonsense.

Ibrahim ,

with all due respect,

7/8 of worlds population, even majority of Americans

say

above

neither

stupid

nor nonsense

:lol: ... With all due respects, Azari, opinion polls tell a very different picture

and

AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

Alexis

the way I read your Pie Chart

only 1/3 (32%) Chinese think Ossama did 9/11
only 1/4 (32%) Indonesians think Ossama did 9/11
only 1/3 (32%) Mexicans think Ossama did 9/11

am sure only 10% of Indians think Ossama did 9/11

worldwide, 46% think Ossama did 9/11

so, Alexis, If you take away Europe, they biased, the rest of the world, 5/6 of the world population, 5 billion in 6 billion people, think Ossama did not do 9/11

Jury still out who did it

this thing can not be left in American hands .. neutral party must investigate 9/11

very similar to what happened to Jews in WW 2 .. west was the perpetuater of that genocide, Évian Conference vividly attests western sentiments at the time

meaning, non western world population, 5/6 of world population, can not rely on western written history of WW 2 & Jewish and other genocide

Need an independent, non western, research .. with clean hands .. Iranian hands the cleanest :lol:

Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Moving on...

http://ca.reuters.com/article/topNews/i ... IY20120322
Reuters wrote:The U.S. soldier accused of killing 16 civilians in Afghanistan left for war without paying a $1.5 million judgment for defrauding an elderly client in a stock scheme, and remains shielded from the obligation as long as he remains in the military, legal experts said.

Before beginning his military career in November, 2001, Robert Bales worked almost five-and-a-half years at a series of largely intertwined brokerages that received repeated regulatory censures, according to regulatory records.
monster_gardener

Bad to the Bone: Nail in the Coffin Bankster Killer Klown Ba

Ibrahim wrote:Moving on...

http://ca.reuters.com/article/topNews/i ... IY20120322
Reuters wrote:The U.S. soldier accused of killing 16 civilians in Afghanistan left for war without paying a $1.5 million judgment for defrauding an elderly client in a stock scheme, and remains shielded from the obligation as long as he remains in the military, legal experts said.

Before beginning his military career in November, 2001, Robert Bales worked almost five-and-a-half years at a series of largely intertwined brokerages that received repeated regulatory censures, according to regulatory records.
Thank you Very Much for your post, Ibrahim.

You may have found the nail for Bale's coffin in the court of public opinion.........

Bad to the Bone before he left.........

Can't use the brain injury PTSD defense for this one...........

Those may or may not be true but...........

Bad to the Bone before he left.........

Especially since now people will suspect he joined to escape paying for his swindles rather than patriotism after 911 even though both may be true.....

Americans of late IMVHO have little love for "Bankster" Killer Klowns...... :evil: :twisted: :evil:

Al Capone was canned for tax evasion :roll: :lol: :cry: :shock: .......... not murder...............

Wikipedia needs an update..........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Bales
monster_gardener

I want humanity to be a spacey species.

AzariLoveIran wrote:

I doubt it..........*

Monster,

Nobody knows who did 9/11 (7/8 world population think otherwise), how many died, who died (rumor is many Bangladeshi dishwashers died), toxic waste you referring and and and

but

since 9/11

West has killed nearly 1 million in Iraq, Afghanistan and and and .. we not talking of that depleted Uranium munition that will kill another million for generations

well

that is you guys problem

they not

all humans are same species

so

instead of repenting,

you guys think best defense is an aggressive offense

Americans must reeducate themselves

no such thing as citizen

that "citizen" rubbish, that "Nation" rubbish, were invented by colonialists, to divide and rule, to make out of same people different "nations", divide and rule .. Pakistan fighting India for what ? they same people

Before colonialism, was no "Nation", no "nationalism" .. no "citizenship"

That Greek phenomena of "citizen" had not the same meaning as today

it was meant "citizen" versus "slave" status (reminds one of Patriot act)*

Seems, west, you guys, still same mindset

seems

you might say no

but

with all due respect, Monster

all fact on the ground, your mindset and action

otherwise

you would consider American child same as Afghan child

which

you don't

not nuclear bomb

but

you consider you guys having "citizen" rights, Iranian people "slave" rights

That is what Iranians say we only will negotiate as equal .. not as "citizen" & "slave"

That is why Obama NooRooz message to Iranian people gets no traction with Iranians

Thank you Very much for your post.....
we not talking of that depleted Uranium munition that will kill another million for generations
Long ago (Pre Blogs), I tried to get the MSM interested in this but had no luck........ I thought it might have been at least part of Gulf War syndrome.....
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry Azari.........

I do wish that we/uz were a "spacey" :wink: human species ............ I know I am spacey ;) ..........

IF we uz are special it is by G_d's undeserved grace, our ancestors toil and sacrifice, and maybe hybrid vigor as many of uz are as Heinz 57 mongrel as our pet dogz and katz ;)

True........ Afghan child may grow up to be like Mullar Omar :roll: :( .......... American child may grow to be like Robert Bales..... :roll: :(

you might say no
no ;)

But more seriously "Hell No!" ;)

South Korea not citizens but loyal ally and want to protect them from Norkers & Chinese........... who I also admire........ The Chinese that is.....

Japan not "citizens" but I like much of culture... especially Anime..... Admire Trigun oops I mean ;) Typhoon..........

India not West......... Not citizens......... But still worry about not having iodide tablets ready for them if mess between Iran, Israel & US blow up........ Admire Asok ;)

Made mistake to admire Afghans once....... Freedom Fighters.. not so much........ Russian Bear more noble........ Should have Armed Bears.... ;)
Tallywacker are Free Dung :twisted: Fighters ......... Betrayers of Benefactors without a cause.........

But even the treacherous Afghans not slaves and I not want Afghans as slaves......... What sane person would.......

No, I thinking in "Geek" ;) terms......... Want to get space colonies to save human race...........

not nuclear bomb

but

I want to get some of all of humanity Above................

Would be happy to have Iranians, Israelis and Americans all with micro Nuclear Bomb powered spacecraft/hollow world asteroid colonies heading for stars...
AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

discovery of nearly a dozen suicide vests at the Afghan Ministry of Defense

Look, folks

wars are for a political goal

America must be perceived as a friend

not an invader

all Invaders, Alexander, Brits, Russians .. all without exception, were fucked in Afghanistan

who is building bridges and schools and hospitals and libraries and and and in Afghanistan

Iran

who is bombing them

America

well

After America destroyed vicious Mullah Omar criminals

after Iran helped stabilize Afghanistan, uniting different faction, bringing to power Karzai

after all that

as usual, similar to Bush in Iraq

Bush thought, America can do now without Iran

:lol:

genuflect

Iran retreated and let America fall and fall deeper and deeper in that Afghan running sand

now

let's see what the price America ready to pay to Iran to ensure an orderly retreat

same as Iraq

Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

US failure in Iraq and Afghanistan directly benefits Iran. Not to the extent that Iran is some kind of new greater power, but because their prestige of the regime within Iran has increased as the US proved every negative thing they said about them to be true, and because the US has worn out its military and political cachet to stage a full invasion of Iran. The best they can do now is lob a few bombs.

The War Nerd, whom I usually hate, made a clever point when he snidely commented that Cheney must have been some kind of Iranian sleeper agent, given how fatally his policies weakened American prestige and power internationally, and directly benefited Iran over the long term.

After the scheduled US withdrawal the Taliban will reassert control over Afghanistan in quick order. There is a direct analogy to Vietnam and the immediate collapse of the South Vietnamese government. In both cases all of the US and allied soldiers, not to mention ten to a hundred times as many civilians, died for nothing.
AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

Ibrahim wrote:.

US failure in Iraq and Afghanistan directly benefits Iran. Not to the extent that Iran is some kind of new greater power, but because their prestige of the regime within Iran has increased as the US proved every negative thing they said about them to be true, and because the US has worn out its military and political cachet to stage a full invasion of Iran. The best they can do now is lob a few bombs.

The War Nerd, whom I usually hate, made a clever point when he snidely commented that Cheney must have been some kind of Iranian sleeper agent, given how fatally his policies weakened American prestige and power internationally, and directly benefited Iran over the long term.

After the scheduled US withdrawal the Taliban will reassert control over Afghanistan in quick order. There is a direct analogy to Vietnam and the immediate collapse of the South Vietnamese government. In both cases all of the US and allied soldiers, not to mention ten to a hundred times as many civilians, died for nothing.

A Taliban take over of Afghanistan after America leaves, is neither in Indian, nor Pakistani, nor Iranian interest

so

"Iran - India -Pakistan - China - Russia" will sit down together and make an arrangement acceptable to all parties living next door to Afghanistan

and

realize what America could not do with military force : a transit route for central Asian natural resources to Persian Golf / Indian Ocean

Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

AzariLoveIran wrote:

A Taliban take over of Afghanistan after America leaves, is neither in Indian, nor Pakistani, nor Iranian interest
Actually the Afghan failure has perhaps fatally damaged Pakistan, and creates a headache for India as Afghanistan becomes a sort of manpower reserve for increasingly extremist Pakistan. But Iran benefits because aside from the propaganda benefits of the US failure, a Taliban Afghanistan becomes oriented towards the southeast and creates this inert, secure border with Iran. Iran can turn towards the Gulf and the Arab world, and ignore the Afghan wasteland.
AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

AzariLoveIran wrote:.

Actually the Afghan failure has perhaps fatally damaged Pakistan, and creates a headache for India as Afghanistan becomes a sort of manpower reserve for increasingly extremist Pakistan. But Iran benefits because aside from the propaganda benefits of the US failure, a Taliban Afghanistan becomes oriented towards the southeast and creates this inert, secure border with Iran.

American policy in that space already failed

Bush/Cheney realized that

Obama just cleaning up for leaving

Iran can turn towards the Gulf and the Arab world, and ignore the Afghan wasteland.

:lol: :D

true

AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

unITiWG6HNo