3 years
No votes
longer
50%

Total votes: 2

Doc

How long before ISIS takes Tehran?

Post by Doc »

Given the seeming inability of the Iranian lead shite militias to hold their ground against ISIS Most recently demonstrated by the fall of Ramadi, how long will it take ISIS to take Tehran?
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
HAL 10000

Re: How long before ISIS takes Tehran?

Post by HAL 10000 »

ISIS cannot invade Iran very easily, just as Saddam discovered. This is because Iran is a mountainous country with a population willing to die to defend it. The situation in Iraq is both geographically and ethnically different, as the Iraqi Shiites are not Pomegranates.

Secondly, it is no accident that the US is quietly letting Iran develop its own nukes because Pakistan, which will one day enter the Sunni Jihad orbit, which already has at least a hundred nukes and the industry to build thousands. At this point, if Iran is encircled by the IS cannibals from East and West, then maybe the Pomegranates will remember that Cyrus the Great was a friend of the Jews and that he not only saved the Jews from slavery in Iran, but even encouraged the Jews to return back to Israel to rebuild their temple.
The name HAL is derived from "Heuristically Programmed ALgorithmic Computer." HAL 10000 is the new generation computer destined to become the successor to HAL 9000, as suggested in Arthur C. Clarke's book.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Noting that the choices are incomplete, that the obvious choice of never [or more precisely, effectively never/not in our lifetimes] is missing

I don't see the point, purpose, or merit of such "when did you stop beating your wife" polls based on the logical fallacy of the complex question.

[I know that they're de rigeur over at that other forum, but that's not exactly a good reason or justification for them.
Rather the opposite, one could argue.]
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
noddy

Post by noddy »

id also say never.

how long before isis is causing problems on the iranian edges is a valid question.

then the response would be interesting.
ultracrepidarian
Demon of Undoing

Post by Demon of Undoing »

Never. In a million years.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Demon of Undoing wrote:.

Carter said it : (Tehran, Iran Toasts of the President and the Shah at a State Dinner .. December 31, 1977)

Iran, because of the great leadership of the Ayatollahs, is an island of stability in one of the more troubled areas of the world. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Replacing "Shah" with "Ayatollahs", and, it still makes sense :)

Doc

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:
Demon of Undoing wrote:.

Carter said it : (Tehran, Iran Toasts of the President and the Shah at a State Dinner .. December 31, 1977)

Iran, because of the great leadership of the Ayatollahs, is an island of stability in one of the more troubled areas of the world. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Replacing "Shah" with "Ayatollahs", and, it still makes sense :)
I can't remember was the Shaw gone the next year or the year after that? ;)

Surprise !!!
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros