Syria

Doc

Re: The Syria Thread

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:
Doc wrote:
Endovelico wrote:
Secular Syria Rebels Mull Rejoining Gov't to Fight Al-Qaeda

TEHRAN (FNA)- Free Syrian Army (FSA) commander Gen. Salim Idris announced he is dropping the demand for President Bashar Assad to resign before the Geneva II peace conference looming on January 22.

He said that he’s content with talks toward an eventual transition at the end of the negotiation process, Antiwar.com reported Wednesday.

That may not sound like much on the surface, but it points to what officials say is a significant shift in the secularist rebel perspective, as they consider merging with the Assad government to end their mutual fighting and instead focus on the war against al-Qaeda and the rest of the Wahhabi extremist militants.

Gen. Idris addressed the prospect very directly in his comments, saying that the growing FSA fighting with Al-Qaeda has left them fighting a war on two different fronts. As foreign Wahhabi extremists continue to flock to Al-Qaeda factions like Jabhat al-Nusra, that’s a problem that’s only going to get worse, as some 5,500 foreign fighters in Al-Qaeda in Iraq (AQI) alone look to dominate the rebel-controlled Northwest.

http://english.farsnews.com/newstext.as ... 0914000625
This will be beyond understanding for Ibrahim...

:lol: Its not the end of the world Just the end of Al Qaeda Syria. Another killing field for Al Qaeda. I hope they all die.

And Suadi Arabia better make a deal with Israel soon before Israel makes a deal with Iran instead. :D

:lol: :lol: Can't stop laughing

Noblesse oblige .. will clean the barn

Like I said we'll see
http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2012/08/0 ... lyst-says/

"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Doc wrote:.

Like I said we'll see

Iran already a nuclear power, has the scientists, technology, the tools to go nuclear in short time .. notion Iranian nation should give away that "capacity" is not understanding Iranian Nation .. Iranian Nation has paid heavy cost last 300 yrs, many Iranian territories, peoples, were forcefully separated from Iran (and forced to change language, culture, and and), "neutral" Iran invaded by Brits/US/Russians in WWI & II, forced famine on Iran and disaster, Saddam chemical war on Iranian nation

All this has made Iranian Nation (and not only the Ayatollahs or even Shah) convince that Iran has to go nuclear .. which, costing $ 35 Billion, under extreme duress, Iranian Nation has now achieved, this now permanent

Now that Iran is a nuclear power, Iran will start phase II, the peaceful march towards a "European Union" Style "Greater Persia" and the New Middle East, using SOFT POWER

Those in west, Bolton & McCain, arguing West, America, can still turn things around have not yet realized things passed those old good days, western military swinging water on Iranian mill .. now, the weapon will be SOFT POWER, the fight is for the "goodwill" of the theater of operation .. in that sense, Iran doing a service for America by recommending America should refrain from further militarist adventures in that space

Heracleum Persicum

WSJ - Salim Idris, the top Syrian rebel commander supported by the West, was run out of his headquarters in northern Syria over the weekend and fled to Turkey and then Doha after Islamist fighters took over facilities run by Western-backed opposition.

Islamist fighters ran the top Western-backed rebel commander in Syria out of his headquarters, and he fled the country, U.S. officials said Wednesday.

The Islamists also took over key warehouses holding U.S. military aid in northern Syria. The takeover and flight of Gen. Salim Idris of the Free Syrian Army shocked the U.S., which along with Britain immediately froze delivery of aid to rebels in northern Syria.

The turn of events was strongest sign yet that the U.S.-allied FSA is collapsing under the pressure of Islamist domination of the rebel side of the war.

Gen. Idris fled to the Qatari capital of Doha on Sunday after fleeing to Turkey, U.S. officials said Wednesday. "He fled as a result of the Islamic Front taking over his headquarters," a senior U.S. official said.

An Islamic Front spokesman also said Gen. Idris had fled to Turkey.

The Front took over the warehouses and offices controlled by the Supreme Military Council, the moderate opposition umbrella group that includes the FSA and coordinates U.S. aid distribution, officials said. They also seized the Bab al-Hawa border crossing with Turkey, near the warehouses in the town of Atmeh.

The growing strength of the Islamic Front prompted the U.S. and its allies to recently hold direct talks with Islamic Front representatives. The goal, according to Western officials, was to persuade some Islamists to support a Syria peace conference set for Geneva on Jan. 22 for fear that a lasting accord won't be possible without their backing. The SMC already agreed to participate in the peace talks.
Enlarge Image

Free Syrian Army fighters in Aleppo on Wednesday. The group has reportedly lost control of aid warehouses. Reuters

The Obama administration is still trying to determine the circumstances of the takeover over the weekend. At the same time, the U.S. is urging Gen. Idris to return to Syria, American officials said.

Two senior officials said the warehouses taken over by the Islamic Front appeared to contain a range of lethal and nonlethal equipment.

The Central Intelligence Agency has been providing small amounts of arms to handpicked moderate rebels. A CIA spokesperson declined to comment on whether American weapons were in the warehouses that were seized by the Islamic Front. Gen. Idris also receives weapons from other countries, including Saudi Arabia.

The warehouses also housed nonlethal military gear, including American-supplied trucks and communications equipment.

Republicans and Democrats in Congress have been complaining to the administration for months that the moderate opposition was being weakened by a lack of U.S. support, fueling the rise of Islamists.

U.S. officials said the Islamic Front offered to help protect the headquarters and two warehouse facilities from harder line groups. Then, when the Islamic Front came in and helped secure the sites, "they asserted themselves and said: 'All right, we're taking over,' " a senior U.S. official said.

Doc

Post by Doc »

http://www.npr.org/2013/12/19/255406234 ... -civil-war
11,420 Children Dead In Syria's Civil War, So Far

by
December 19, 2013 4:20 AM

4 min 33 sec

Children carry the body of a friend who was killed by shelling during heavy fighting between the Free Syrian Army and the forces of Syrian President Bashar Assad in Damascus earlier this year.

Children carry the body of a friend who was killed by shelling during heavy fighting between the Free Syrian Army and the forces of Syrian President Bashar Assad in Damascus earlier this year.
Momahed Dimashkia/Reuters/Landov

As we near the end of 2013, NPR is taking a look at the numbers that tell the story of this year. Numbers that, if you really understand them, give insight into the world we're living in, right now. Over the next two weeks, you'll hear the stories behind these numbers, which range from zero to 1 trillion.

The civil war in Syria presents so many staggering figures — millions of refugees, billions of dollars in destruction — looking back to its beginning in the spring of 2011.

But there is one number that seems to encapsulate the tragedy like no other: 11,420.
YouTube

That's the number of children killed in the conflict, according to the independent in London.

To understand what's happening to kids in Syria, you just have to look at the thousands of videos that have been posted online. , posted at the end of November, children are being interviewed on the streets of Homs, one of the cities at the heart of Syria's rebellion.

"Six rockets fell just in front of me, me and my friend," the first boy says. He speaks directly to the camera, rocking on his bike.

A little girl says she has seen many dead bodies.

"When there is an attack, bodies are brought to my school," she explains. "My dad helps with the burials."

Like so many Syrian kids, they have seen terrible things.

"One guy lost his head, another lost his hand," says another boy, on the aftermath of a shelling he witnessed.

In the background, children are riding bikes on the street as they continue to talk.

Then, a blast interrupts; the exploding shell kicks up clouds of smoke and rocks. The children hit the ground, crawling to escape the immediate danger.

Sometime later, we see them again, assembled inside a room. They have all survived.
A child's shoe is left in the mud in the Zaatari refugee camp in Jordan. Even for the survivors, childhood vanishes.

A child's shoe is left in the mud in the Zaatari refugee camp in Jordan. Even for the survivors, childhood vanishes.
Jeff J. Mitchell/Getty Images

The boy on the bike says with some bravado that he made it by "diving to the ground," just like he used to do at the swimming pool. But another boy looks away and says his mother cried when she saw he was alive.

The found that this is how most children die in Syria — from explosive weapons, Syrian army assaults on their neighborhood. But others are singled out, according to the data, killed by snipers and by executions. There are 112 recorded cases of death by torture.

In every war, children are casualties, caught in the crossfire of adult conflicts, but the numbers suggest this one is different: 11,420, or about 10 percent of a total 113,735 civilian and combatant casualties. This latest report — compiled from four databases that record the death count in Syria by name, age and cause of death — makes the case that children are specifically targeted.

The only refuge is the border lands of neighboring countries. Here's another number that describes the Syrian conflict: 2 million refugees, more than half of them children. For the survivors, childhood vanishes with the hardships.

"I am from Syria; there is always shelling. I was afraid I was going to die," says a 10-year-old girl in Beirut, who is on the street alone at night selling packages of gum. She misses school, she says, but her family will be out on the street if she doesn't earn money.

Her home in Syria is in her dreams, she says.

"A beautiful house, with two floors, and music, whatever we wanted — we could eat," she says. "Now, I sell gum to feed my brothers."

For these Syrian children, there is a war on childhood; human rights researchers say it is a way to destroy a family and a community.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Question is, Doc, who has the blood of those children on his hand ? ?

Answer is WEST

Iran said, from beginning, Syrian opposition should sit down with Assad faction and work it out .. peaceful engagement

But, Brits and French and US, got together with Wahhabi and Salafi, and sent all those criminals into Syria to kill the Christians and woman and Children

Those Children blood is on western hands .. later, that "lady" will say it was worth killing half a million Syrian chilren as you guys did in Iraq

Nastarana

Post by Nastarana »

The statement by Syrian Foreign Minister Walid al-Moallem at the opening of the peace conference in Montraux is well worth attention:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/geneva-ii- ... it/5365833
Heracleum Persicum

Nastarana wrote:.

The statement by Syrian Foreign Minister Walid al-Moallem at the opening of the peace conference in Montraux is well worth attention:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/geneva-ii- ... it/5365833

Very well said, Bravo

Parodite

Post by Parodite »

R4kd2pNvzMo
Deep down I'm very superficial
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Beware of a Mad Mahdi Riding a Red Heifer.......

Post by monster_gardener »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:
Doc wrote:.

Like I said we'll see

Iran already a nuclear power, has the scientists, technology, the tools to go nuclear in short time .. notion Iranian nation should give away that "capacity" is not understanding Iranian Nation .. Iranian Nation has paid heavy cost last 300 yrs, many Iranian territories, peoples, were forcefully separated from Iran (and forced to change language, culture, and and), "neutral" Iran invaded by Brits/US/Russians in WWI & II, forced famine on Iran and disaster, Saddam chemical war on Iranian nation

All this has made Iranian Nation (and not only the Ayatollahs or even Shah) convince that Iran has to go nuclear .. which, costing $ 35 Billion, under extreme duress, Iranian Nation has now achieved, this now permanent

Now that Iran is a nuclear power, Iran will start phase II, the peaceful march towards a "European Union" Style "Greater Persia" and the New Middle East, using SOFT POWER

Those in west, Bolton & McCain, arguing West, America, can still turn things around have not yet realized things passed those old good days, western military swinging water on Iranian mill .. now, the weapon will be SOFT POWER, the fight is for the "goodwill" of the theater of operation .. in that sense, Iran doing a service for America by recommending America should refrain from further militarist adventures in that space

Thank You Very Much for your post, Azari.
:lol:

Wondering how well a European Union Style Middle East will work with Middle Easterners.........

Given how well the European Union/Euro is doing with Euroz is doing right now ;) :roll:

Given non-Orion nukes, also possible that the Iranian Supreme Theocrat/Leader will decide that it's time to bring the Mahdi back........

By causing as much chaos as possible..... :twisted: :roll:

Sort of like Red Heifer Christians........

Out to cause a Lott :twisted: of trouble....... :roll:

In the hope making something good happen..... :|
Some Fundamentalist Christians believe that the Second Coming of Jesus Christ cannot occur until the Third Temple is constructed in Jerusalem, which requires the appearance of a red heifer born in Israel. Clyde Lott, a cattle breeder in O'Neill, Nebraska, United States, is attempting to systematically breed red heifers and export them to Israel to establish a breeding line of red heifers in Israel in the hope that this will bring about the construction of the Third Temple and ultimately the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.[9]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_heifer#Christians
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

3rd of June elections in Syria with many good candidates:

Heracleum Persicum

Guardian : Western strategy in Syria encouraged radicals and backfired, leading to threat to European security from returning jihadis

"We have won in Syria," said Alaeddin Borujerdi, chairman of the Iranian parliament's national security and foreign policy committee and an influential government insider. "The regime will stay. The Americans have lost it."

Terrorism perpetrated by al-Qaida-linked jihadist groups and individuals armed and funded by Sunni Muslim Arab countries was now the main threat facing the Syrian people, Borujerdi said. Many foreign fighters who had travelled to Syria from Britain and other European countries could soon return. "We are worried about the future security of Europe," he said.

Amir Mohebbian, a conservative strategist and government adviser, said: "We won the game in Syria easily. The US does not understand Syria. The Americans wanted to replace Assad, but what was the alternative? All they have done is encourage radical groups and made the borders less safe.

"We accept the need for change in Syria – but gradually. Otherwise, there is chaos."
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Debka: Nine US-backed Syrian rebel militias advance on Quneitra, key to controlling Golan

Nine Syrian rebel militias were advancing on the main Syrian Golan town Quneitra (pop: 20,000) Tuesday, May 13, to wrest it from the Syrian army, thereby removing one of its last points of access to the Israeli border. They have dubbed their offensive “Levant of the Prophet.

Defense Minister Rhubarb Ya’alon and senior commanders visited the Golan Tuesday, May 13, to survey the rebel offensive. For the third day running, Israel has kept the Quneitra crossing into the Syrian sector closed as a military zone. The off-limits area includes parts of the enclave’s Rtes 98 and 91 and Kibbutz Ei Zivan.

“Syrian rebels have pushed the Assad’s military into a corner,” the defense minister commented. “To the east, we are seeing destruction and death, and sometimes, the injured come to us for medical treatment. To the West, we see the Golan Heights flourishing.”

[..]
Heracleum Persicum

bbG0YAg6_1I
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

<<<--- To All It May Concern --->>>

Here is the Moderate Syrian Rebel Application Form

Instructions for filling the form are included within it. Thanks for your cooperation.
Welcome to the United States’ Moderate Syrian Rebel Vetting Process. To see if you qualify for $500 million in American weapons, please choose an answer to the following questions:

As a Syrian rebel, I think the word or phrase that best describes me is:
A) Moderate
B) Very moderate
C) Crazy moderate
D) Other

I became a Syrian rebel because I believe in:
A) Truth
B) Justice
C) The American Way
D) Creating an Islamic caliphate

If I were given a highly lethal automatic weapon by the United States, I would:
A) Only kill exactly the people that the United States wanted me to kill
B) Try to kill the right people, with the caveat that I have never used an automatic weapon before
C) Kill people only after submitting them to a rigorous vetting process
D) Immediately let the weapon fall into the wrong hands

I have previously received weapons from:
A) Al Qaeda
B) The Taliban
C) North Korea
D) I did not receive weapons from any of them because after they vetted me I was deemed way too moderate

I consider ISIS:
A) An existential threat to Iraq
B) An existential threat to Syria
C) An existential threat to Iraq and Syria
D) The people who will pick up my American weapon after I drop it and run away

Complete the following sentence. “American weapons are…”
A) Always a good thing to randomly add to any international hot spot
B) Exactly what this raging civil war has been missing for the past three years
C) Best when used moderately
D) Super easy to resell online

Thank you for completing the Moderate Syrian Rebel Application Form. We will process your application in the next one to two business days. Please indicate a current mailing address where you would like your weapons to be sent. If there is no one to sign for them we will leave them outside the front door.
manolo

Post by manolo »

Folks,

Today the US president, Barack Hussein Obama, has instituted air strikes in Syria along with Arab allies.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-29321136

I think this action will play well with US Republicans, who have been wanting to see aggressive retaliation against ISIS.

What's not to like?

Alex.
Heracleum Persicum

manolo wrote:Folks,

Today the US president, Barack Hussein Obama, has instituted air strikes in Syria along with Arab allies.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-29321136

I think this action will play well with US Republicans, who have been wanting to see aggressive retaliation against ISIS.

What's not to like?

Alex.

Alex , western "coalition" against ISIS are those who finance and support ISIS, UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain ( :lol: ) and and .. most of them have not much population let alone any Airforce, those fighter Jets sold to them just to recycle the "petro-dollar" and no real arms sales

America/West created ISIS to use as excuse to bomb Syria (bomb not Islamist but the secular & Christians) and re occupy Iraq .. BTW, Iraqi new PM said no "foreign boots in Iraq"

Turkey, a key NATO member, created ISIS on behalf of WEST/NATO (same as Pakistan created Taliban to fight USSR)

ATOL : a must read While the fight against Islamic State has created a parallel reality where war appears as "humanitarian intervention" and hardcore jihadis are innocuous-sounding "Syrian rebels",
it is futile to deny the fact that in its eagerness to defeat the Syrian regime,
the international community created Islamic State, even as the group itself is a brittle alliance of militants.

waiting for the other shoe to drop

Heracleum Persicum

“The US is mocking the whole world when they say that they are going to coordinate their actions not with the Syrian government, but with the moderate Syrian opposition.
This is funny.
What moderate opposition are you talking about ?

“[The Americans] said that they want to put an end with ISIS, just like they put an end to al-Qaeda in Afghanistan. But here is a question: has al-Qaeda in Afghanistan been really annihilated? After 10 years of the US and NATO’s interference in the situation in that country al-Qaeda has spread its influence, intensified and started action with even more violent methods,”

“If intentions to target ISIS and al-Nusra in Iraq or in Syria are sincere, we only welcome them. But I want to say that we have doubts on that – not concerned, but have doubts about the sincerity of the US, Israel, Turkey and Saudi Arabia, which created the coalition,” Moualem said.

“Why was Russia expelled from that alliance? Why was Iran expelled as well as Syria?” he said.

“Militants who enter Syrian territory do not use parachutes for it. They enter Syria through borders of those countries, whose governments let them do that. These countries are known,” Moualem said, referring to the anti-ISIS coalition participants. “If the US and those countries as [America’s] allies seriously want to fight ISIS, they, first of all, have to immediately stop supporting terrorist formations, financing, arming, preparation, training and illegal intrusion into territory of Syria.”

:)

HAL 10000

New ISIS video from Syria: 18 Syrian soldiers beheaded

Post by HAL 10000 »

The second video at the leak website below, shows the decapitation of 18 Syrian Air Force personnel by ISIS. Among the executioners is the notorious masked British member of ISIS, but the other 17 executioners are not masked, and you can see from their faces that some of them are from Asian countries.

http://leaksource.info/2014/11/16/graph ... er-kassig/

The blue uniforms of the Syrian soldiers probably indicate that they were captured a few months ago when ISIS overran a large Syrian Air Force base. But the Syrian soldiers look very courageous and dignified before their execution. They gained my respect.
The name HAL is derived from "Heuristically Programmed ALgorithmic Computer." HAL 10000 is the new generation computer destined to become the successor to HAL 9000, as suggested in Arthur C. Clarke's book.
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

This is definitely my preferred kind of Muslims... May they spread from Kurdistan to the whole Middle East...

Doc

Re: New ISIS video from Syria: 18 Syrian soldiers beheaded

Post by Doc »

HAL 10000 wrote:The second video at the leak website below, shows the decapitation of 18 Syrian Air Force personnel by ISIS. Among the executioners is the notorious masked British member of ISIS, but the other 17 executioners are not masked, and you can see from their faces that some of them are from Asian countries.

http://leaksource.info/2014/11/16/graph ... er-kassig/

The blue uniforms of the Syrian soldiers probably indicate that they were captured a few months ago when ISIS overran a large Syrian Air Force base. But the Syrian soldiers look very courageous and dignified before their execution. They gained my respect.
Threats to torture to death all of those that are not of their species:
“To Obama, the dog of Rome, today we are slaughtering the soldiers of Bashar and tomorrow we will be slaughtering your soldiers,” Jihadi John says. “And with Allah’s permission … the Islamic State will soon … begin to slaughter your people in your streets.”
Heracleum Persicum

Syria's Grand Mufti Ahmad Badr Al-Din Hassoun and Syrian Greek Orthodox Bishop Luca al-Khoury .jpg
Syria's Grand Mufti Ahmad Badr Al-Din Hassoun and Syrian Greek Orthodox Bishop Luca al-Khoury .jpg (67.64 KiB) Viewed 2942 times

The real Syrian moderates : voices of reason

:lol:

You guys now back to square one .. Iran said 5 yrs ago "talk to Assad" .. now, after 200,000 killed, many cities laying in ruin, Kerry sayin he going to talk to Assad :)

Why not listen to Iran from the beginning ? ? ?

That Zionist bug not lettin :lol:

Heracleum Persicum

Re: Syria

"60 minutes" Charley Rose interview with Assad

rwQVv4gsco8

Doc

Post by Doc »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-josef- ... 76248.html
Assad Is Losing and Iran as Well -- It Can Be Dangerous

Posted: 05/01/2015 11:53 am EDT Updated: 1 hour ago

Syria's Defense Minister and Deputy Commander in Chief of armed forces, Fahad Jasim Al Freij (the Commander is Bashar Assad himself), just visited Tehran. If we are to believe Sana, the mouthpiece of the Assad regime, and I, for one, do not, the parties discussed cooperation in face "of terrorism." In the eyes of Syria and Iran, the enemies of Assad are all "terrorists," which means the vast majority of the Syrian people, which opposes the Alawite-dominated regime. Be it as it may, the visit was not about "terrorists," rather it was about the survivability of the Assad regime, and with it, the severe implications of a possible collapse in Damascus over Iran's regional aspirations.

It has been the consistent view of this blog ever since the Syrian civil war started, that the regime cannot win. It is usually the case, that a process can be anticipated and predicted, not so the exact timing of it coming to an end. In that case, the exact timing and circumstances of the downfall of the Assad dynasty. Since the regime has not collapsed, some impatient pundits and policy makers in DC have started to spread the idea that Assad is coming out as the winner in the bloody civil war in his country. No, he does not, and in fact, while the final defeat may not be behind the door, there have been some major local defeats recently, which clearly indicate, that the regime and his Iranian allies are losing, and losing big time. First, the regime has proved unable to regain control in South Syria, near the borders with Israel and Jordan, an area very close to Damascus . Then there is the inability of the Syrian army and Hezbollah to maintain a steady control over the Kalamun area , dominating important supply lines along the border with Lebanon. When the Assad and Hezbollah forces took this area over, their success was hailed as an indication that they are winning the entire war. Since then, the battlefield there has turned into a killing field for the regime forces and their Lebanese allies. Then came the greatest defeat of all, the loss of the town Jisr al Soughour near Idlib in North Syria. This is a strategic loss, because this town controls the roads to the Alawite heartland. Assad home base is now in danger. Not yet a game changer, but much more than just a red light to the regime. What happens is the result of the fact, that demography starts to take its toll. There simply are many more Sunni Muslims than Alawites and Sh'iites, and also the flow of Sunni volunteers from the Sunni world outnumbers the support which the regime receives from Sh'iites mobilized by Iran. Too many times the end of the regime seemed imminent, and the end was not coming, so it will be wise not to draw dramatic conclusions this time, but the Iranians are worried and they know why.

Even within the regime, there is growing opposition to the actual Iranian domination of Syria. General Rustum Ghazala, an Alawite and a close confidant of Assad paid in his life for expressing opposition to the Iranian role. He was declared dead few days ago, just a day before he was supposed to appear in a Lebanese TV station owned by no other than Sa'ad Hariri, the son of former P.M Rafiq Hariri, who was murdered in 2005 by a joint Syrian-Hizballah operation. But then, the Iranians do not really care about a Syrian General , their concerns go far deeper .

They are aware of the fact, that too many impatient D.C. Middle East hands are expressing the view, that maybe if you cannot beat them , you should join them. Them in this case are the mad mullahs in Tehran, who seem bent on replacing the historic Fertile Crescent with an Iranian-dominated Sh'iite Crescent. Iran seems to have its way in Iraq, it is calling the shots in Yemen, and it maintains the Assad regime in Syria in face of a Sunni opposition, perhaps also Israeli desire to see Assad out. While the Israelis are maintaining public neutrality in the Syrian conflict, the Israeli air force is rumored to be behind successful air strikes against Syrian and Hezbollah targets. The Israelis do not refer in public to these rumors, but they make it known through leaks and insinuations that they are indeed doing that. The elephant in the room, which is also blamed for the accurate intelligence which used by the rebels who managed recently to eliminate some senior Iranian officers in Syria. Of all the countries which are subjected to Iranian subversion and military intervention, Syria is the most vulnerable, because if Assad falls, even if he retreats to the Alawite heartland, it is not only Syria which may be lost, but also the Hezbollah in Lebanon will come under immense pressure, and the Sunnis of Iraq will also boosted. Syria ,therefore, is extremely significant to Iran. The entire notion, promoted so carefully by Iran and tired people in DC, as well as in other Western countries, is likely to be seen in its true light, an illusion , an historic aberration.

The Sh'iite Crescent is not going to be with us for too long. Damascus could very well be the first domino to fall. This is why there was this urgent meeting in Tehran, and this is why Iranian sources spread the notion, that Syria should take strong measures against Israel. The Israel card all over again. It is to be hoped, that it is taken seriously in Jerusalem. Assad may fall, but he and his patrons in Tehran will not allow it to pass unnoticed.
Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-josef- ... 76248.html
Assad Is Losing and Iran as Well -- It Can Be Dangerous

Posted: 05/01/2015 11:53 am EDT Updated: 1 hour ago

Syria's Defense Minister and Deputy Commander in Chief of armed forces, Fahad Jasim Al Freij (the Commander is Bashar Assad himself), just visited Tehran. If we are to believe Sana, the mouthpiece of the Assad regime, and I, for one, do not, the parties discussed cooperation in face "of terrorism." In the eyes of Syria and Iran, the enemies of Assad are all "terrorists," which means the vast majority of the Syrian people, which opposes the Alawite-dominated regime. Be it as it may, the visit was not about "terrorists," rather it was about the survivability of the Assad regime, and with it, the severe implications of a possible collapse in Damascus over Iran's regional aspirations.

It has been the consistent view of this blog ever since the Syrian civil war started, that the regime cannot win. It is usually the case, that a process can be anticipated and predicted, not so the exact timing of it coming to an end. In that case, the exact timing and circumstances of the downfall of the Assad dynasty. Since the regime has not collapsed, some impatient pundits and policy makers in DC have started to spread the idea that Assad is coming out as the winner in the bloody civil war in his country. No, he does not, and in fact, while the final defeat may not be behind the door, there have been some major local defeats recently, which clearly indicate, that the regime and his Iranian allies are losing, and losing big time. First, the regime has proved unable to regain control in South Syria, near the borders with Israel and Jordan, an area very close to Damascus . Then there is the inability of the Syrian army and Hezbollah to maintain a steady control over the Kalamun area , dominating important supply lines along the border with Lebanon. When the Assad and Hezbollah forces took this area over, their success was hailed as an indication that they are winning the entire war. Since then, the battlefield there has turned into a killing field for the regime forces and their Lebanese allies. Then came the greatest defeat of all, the loss of the town Jisr al Soughour near Idlib in North Syria. This is a strategic loss, because this town controls the roads to the Alawite heartland. Assad home base is now in danger. Not yet a game changer, but much more than just a red light to the regime. What happens is the result of the fact, that demography starts to take its toll. There simply are many more Sunni Muslims than Alawites and Sh'iites, and also the flow of Sunni volunteers from the Sunni world outnumbers the support which the regime receives from Sh'iites mobilized by Iran. Too many times the end of the regime seemed imminent, and the end was not coming, so it will be wise not to draw dramatic conclusions this time, but the Iranians are worried and they know why.

Even within the regime, there is growing opposition to the actual Iranian domination of Syria. General Rustum Ghazala, an Alawite and a close confidant of Assad paid in his life for expressing opposition to the Iranian role. He was declared dead few days ago, just a day before he was supposed to appear in a Lebanese TV station owned by no other than Sa'ad Hariri, the son of former P.M Rafiq Hariri, who was murdered in 2005 by a joint Syrian-Hizballah operation. But then, the Iranians do not really care about a Syrian General , their concerns go far deeper .

They are aware of the fact, that too many impatient D.C. Middle East hands are expressing the view, that maybe if you cannot beat them , you should join them. Them in this case are the mad mullahs in Tehran, who seem bent on replacing the historic Fertile Crescent with an Iranian-dominated Sh'iite Crescent. Iran seems to have its way in Iraq, it is calling the shots in Yemen, and it maintains the Assad regime in Syria in face of a Sunni opposition, perhaps also Israeli desire to see Assad out. While the Israelis are maintaining public neutrality in the Syrian conflict, the Israeli air force is rumored to be behind successful air strikes against Syrian and Hezbollah targets. The Israelis do not refer in public to these rumors, but they make it known through leaks and insinuations that they are indeed doing that. The elephant in the room, which is also blamed for the accurate intelligence which used by the rebels who managed recently to eliminate some senior Iranian officers in Syria. Of all the countries which are subjected to Iranian subversion and military intervention, Syria is the most vulnerable, because if Assad falls, even if he retreats to the Alawite heartland, it is not only Syria which may be lost, but also the Hezbollah in Lebanon will come under immense pressure, and the Sunnis of Iraq will also boosted. Syria ,therefore, is extremely significant to Iran. The entire notion, promoted so carefully by Iran and tired people in DC, as well as in other Western countries, is likely to be seen in its true light, an illusion , an historic aberration.

The Sh'iite Crescent is not going to be with us for too long. Damascus could very well be the first domino to fall. This is why there was this urgent meeting in Tehran, and this is why Iranian sources spread the notion, that Syria should take strong measures against Israel. The Israel card all over again. It is to be hoped, that it is taken seriously in Jerusalem. Assad may fall, but he and his patrons in Tehran will not allow it to pass unnoticed.

After Damascus Falls
The Carnage Will Be On Senator McCain And His Neocon/R2P Cohorts