Egypt

Doc

Re: Egypt

Post by Doc »

Ibrahim wrote:
Doc wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
Doc wrote:What is it? Morsi did such a great job that 90% of Egyptians prefer having the generals ?
Where are you getting %90? You think the people who voted for the government Sisi and the army overthrew hated the president so much they wanted a Saudi-backed coup?
I miss wrote I was going for 70%

http://www.egyptindependent.com/news/op ... protesters
So actually think %70 of the population supports a military coup backed by the Saudi monarchy?

Not only is your claim of %90 wrong, your claim that they "prefer having generals" is also wrong. The article states that the results of a poll show that %71 of people are "not sympathetic" to pro-Morsi protesters, which doesn't mean the support military rule.
Sure I suppose it means they hate the Muslim Brotherhood more than the Generals. But given it seems to be one or the other right now that is pretty much the same thing as I said. ;)
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Doc wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
Doc wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
Doc wrote:What is it? Morsi did such a great job that 90% of Egyptians prefer having the generals ?
Where are you getting %90? You think the people who voted for the government Sisi and the army overthrew hated the president so much they wanted a Saudi-backed coup?

So actually think %70 of the population supports a military coup backed by the Saudi monarchy?

Not only is your claim of %90 wrong, your claim that they "prefer having generals" is also wrong. The article states that the results of a poll show that %71 of people are "not sympathetic" to pro-Morsi protesters, which doesn't mean the support military rule.
Sure I suppose it means they hate the Muslim Brotherhood more than the Generals. But given it seems to be one or the other right now that is pretty much the same thing as I said. ;)
Depends how honest you are. 90, 70, support one group, oppose another group. Apparently you don't think there's a difference or don't care.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Ibrahim wrote:
Doc wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
Doc wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:

Depends how honest you are. 90, 70, support one group, oppose another group. Apparently you don't think there's a difference or don't care.
So why are you so supportive of the Muslim Brotherhood? Doyounot realize that the people in Egypt don't like them or that you don't care? ;)
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Doc wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
Doc wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:Depends how honest you are. 90, 70, support one group, oppose another group. Apparently you don't think there's a difference or don't care.
So why are you so supportive of the Muslim Brotherhood? Doyounot realize that the people in Egypt don't like them or that you don't care? ;)

I support democracy. You support the murder of Egyptian civilians for reasons you don't even understand.

But you're in the right place. As you and others like you make this forum more and more unreadable and the number of active posters declines soon it will only be the violent racists left, stroking each other off over the latest massacre.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Ibrahim wrote:
Doc wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
Doc wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:Depends how honest you are. 90, 70, support one group, oppose another group. Apparently you don't think there's a difference or don't care.

I support democracy. You support the murder of Egyptian civilians for reasons you don't even understand.
What happens in Egypt is not my problem as I am not Egyptian. I really hope they sort things out. However you are not Egyptian either. IF 71% are against the Muslim Brotherhood then the vote would be to throw the bums out. But it seems like the bums weren'interested in an election
But you're in the right place. As you and others like you make this forum more and more unreadable and the number of active posters declines soon it will only be the violent racists left, stroking each other off over the latest massacre.
What you are saying is that you want censorship of thisforum of any veiws you disagree with. How typical. :evil:
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Doc wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
Doc wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
Doc wrote:

What happens in Egypt is not my problem as I am not Egyptian.
Then don't embarrass yourself defending a coup by a military that murders civilians.

IF 71% are against the Muslim Brotherhood then the vote would be to throw the bums out. But it seems like the bums weren'interested in an election
They had just won an election, another wasn't due yet. Before any of that could happen a coup overthrew the government and replaced it with military rule, which you are happy about as long as there is some poll that says people don't like one of the parties of the coalition government that was overthrown.

What you are saying is that you want censorship of thisforum of any veiws you disagree with. How typical.
Why don't you start by not lying about what other people say and not defending military coups that murder democracy protesters and work from there.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Ibrahim wrote:
Doc wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
Doc wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
Doc wrote: So why are you so supportive of the Muslim Brotherhood? Doyounot realize that the people in Egypt don't like them or that you don't care? ;)

What happens in Egypt is not my problem as I am not Egyptian.
Then don't embarrass yourself defending a coup by a military that murders civilians.
OIC you know what is better for all Egyptians than they do.

IF 71% are against the Muslim Brotherhood then the vote would be to throw the bums out. But it seems like the bums weren'interested in an election
They had just won an election, another wasn't due yet. Before any of that could happen a coup overthrew the government and replaced it with military rule, which you are happy about as long as there is some poll that says people don't like one of the parties of the coalition government that was overthrown.
The Muslim Brotherhood was never going to allow for another free election. http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/intera ... 05596.html
His one year of rule was marked by controversial decrees and political and economic instability. In November 2012, Morsi issued a statement placing his decisions above review by Egypt’s judiciary. Though he rescinded this decree the following month, the president was criticised for attempting to grant himself such sweeping powers. Meanwhile, frequent protests in the streets of Egypt often turned violent; in January 2013, more than 50 people lost their lives in mass demonstrations.

What you are saying is that you want censorship of thisforum of any veiws you disagree with. How typical.
Why don't you start by not lying about what other people say and not defending military coups that murder democracy protesters and work from there.[/quote]

In your opinion.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Doc wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:Then don't embarrass yourself defending a coup by a military that murders civilians.
OIC you know what is better for all Egyptians than they do.
Liar. According to you they prefer having their elected government overthrown and civilians shot in the streets by their own army.

The Muslim Brotherhood was never going to allow for another free election. http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/intera ... 05596.html
His one year of rule was marked by controversial decrees and political and economic instability. In November 2012, Morsi issued a statement placing his decisions above review by Egypt’s judiciary. Though he rescinded this decree the following month, the president was criticised for attempting to grant himself such sweeping powers. Meanwhile, frequent protests in the streets of Egypt often turned violent; in January 2013, more than 50 people lost their lives in mass demonstrations.
The quote you pasted doesn't support your prediction that there wouldn't have been another election, and one wasn't due yet. The Saudis paid al-Sisi to overthrow the government because a functioning Arab democracy is a threat to their monarchical system. But like many on this forum you back the monarchists, the army, and any group that's murdering civilians.

Its hard to take any of you seriously anymore.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Ibrahim wrote:
:roll:
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Egypt reportedly to declare Muslim Brotherhood ‘terrorist organization’ :lol:

MB (overwhelmingly) won the most (and only) real free election Egypt ever had, 2B declared terrorist organization :lol: :lol:

Who doing this ? .. the Generals who took power with force :lol: :lol:

Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

They've been considered a terrorist organization for most of their existence. First for threatening the Mubarak dictatorship, Now for threatening the Sisi dictatorship. They don't actually advocate any "terrorist" policies, unlike e.g. al Qaeda. Its just to sucker incurious Westerners into supporting their suppression. Worked for Mubarak for decades.
Doc

Post by Doc »

In the time leading up to Morsi's ouster
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/worl ... d/2035991/
Egyptian support for Muslim Brotherhood wanes
Sarah Lynch, Special for USA TODAY 10:32 p.m. EDT March 31, 2013
Amid Egypt's mounting problems, support for the the 85-year-old Islamic fundamentalist group is dwindling.
Mohammed Morsi

(Photo: Nasser Nasser, AP)
Story Highlights

Has the "demise of the Islamist project" begun?
The Islamist Brotherhood was swept into power after Hosni Mubarak's ouster
The nation faces fuel shortages, higher food prices and rising unemployment

SHARE 166 CONNECT 98 TWEET 10 COMMENTEMAILMORE

ASWAN, Egypt — In the charming Nile-side city of Aswan hundreds of miles from the country's capital, many lament the nation's crippled state. The economy is teetering toward collapse, unemployment is on the rise, unrest in the streets is rife and security is largely absent.

"The Muslim Brotherhood hasn't done anything since they came to power," said Aswan resident and tour guide Mahmoud El Komy. "And things are getting worse."

Many looked to the Brotherhood and President Mohammed Morsi, who rose through the ranks of the group, to govern the country after the uprising that ousted dictator Hosni Mubarak in 2011.

But amid Egypt's mounting problems, support for the the 85-year-old Islamic fundamentalist group is dwindling.

Egypt is witnessing "the beginning of the demise of the Islamist project," said Khaled Fahmy, professor and chair of the history department at the American University in Cairo.
Muslim Brotherhood

Egyptian protesters drag a wounded supporter of the Muslim Brotherhood on March 22 during clashes near the Islamist group's headquarters in Cairo.(Photo: Khalil Hamra, AP)

In the first post-revolution parliamentary vote that ended in January 2012, the Muslim Brotherhood's political wing won 47% of seats — the most of any party. Morsi, the former head of the political arm, won the presidential election in June.

Morsi's approval ratings were as high as 79% in September have dipped to 49%, according to a poll by the Egyptian Center for Public Opinion Research (Baseera). In mid-March, the Brotherhood lost control of the Pharmacists Syndicate — one of many unions in Egypt — after an internal vote, and was defeated by independents and liberals in recent student union elections.

"It gives us indicators as to how the situation has changed on the ground — how the popularity of the Muslim Brothers has decreased dramatically in the last couple of months," said Kholoud Saber, deputy director of the Association for Freedom of Thought and Expression, who followed the student elections closely.

Analysts and ordinary Egyptians cite numerous reasons for what appears to be waning support, including a fraught economy that affects all swathes of the country, including Upper Egypt, where support for the Brotherhood has traditionally been high.

Since the Arab Spring uprising, the nation has seen a dramatic drop in investment amid widespread instability. Foreign currency reserves dropped from $36 billion to almost $13 billion over the past two years. And the value of the Egyptian pound continues to fall against the U.S. dollar. The nation faces fuel shortages. Tourism is down. Basic food prices are up, and so is the rate of unemployment.

"I like Morsi as a person," said Mohammad Ibrahim, 67, sitting in a modest rural home. "But the country is not running properly."

To help quell its financial problems, Egypt is seeking a $4.8 billion loan from the International Monetary Fund. But the government may need to engage robust economic reforms including subsidy cuts and tax increases that would lead to price hikes on staples like food and fuel, further aggravating Egyptians.

Standing inside his father's tourist shop, Aswan resident Mohamed Youssef Ahmed Khalil Agag held a loaf of bread. "This is what we are fighting for," he said.

The rural southern half of the country known as Upper Egypt is home to 40% of Egyptians but 80% of the nation's severely poor, the World Bank says. More than half the people here are younger than 29.

The region has long suffered from developmental neglect, high illiteracy rates and job shortages. With economic troubles and an ongoing lull in the tourist industry, life here has grown especially hard for people in cities like Aswan and Luxor, where tourism is a main source of income.

At some of the nation's most majestic sites — from the grand temples at Abu Simbel to the Valley of the Kings — the number of tourists remains low as many visitors stay away from unrest. Egyptians also complain that a largely useless security network is failing to protect both tourists and citizens.

"No one understands Morsi now," said Alhag Ramadan, a tourist shop owner who voted for Morsi last year but now questions the president's intentions. "He sings the same song many times and makes promises to people but does nothing."

Analyst Fahmy said many are disappointed that the Brotherhood has failed to implement serious political reform including that of the state security sector. Instead, the government is continuing the repressive policies of Mubarak's era.

But others say the Brotherhood can't be judged so soon.

"No one has allowed the government to work," said Methat Gamal, 42, who is part of the local ethnic Nubian community. "There are labor strikes and struggles, so they haven't had a chance yet."

Still, like many others here, Gamal hasn't decided whom to support in the next parliamentary vote, which had been expected in late April but has been postponed.

Director of the Muslim Brotherhood's Freedom and Justice Party (FJP) in Aswan, Mohamed Abdel Fattah El Karrar, acknowledges support for the group may be waning.

"The problem is the media," El Karrar said. "The lies the media says every day affect people and make them move against the Muslim Brotherhood."

El Karrar also blames a drop in production levels because of labor strikes and said some may be disappointed because they had high expectations for change after the uprising.

But falling support for the group on the ground doesn't mean the Brotherhood won't do well in elections, especially given movement's ability to coordinate campaigns with its core of dedicated men. Based on its interaction with Egyptians through charity work, the FJP estimates it will win 40% of votes in the next parliamentary poll, El Karrar said.

And at least for now there is a lack of competition for the FJP. The liberal secular opposition cannot unify behind one leader or set of views, so its supporters may spread their votes among several candidates. The Salafis, who hold staunchly radical Islamic views, appear to represent even close to a majority of the population. Even so, they may have a chance given that some say they don't care who is in charge as long as life improves.

"It doesn't matter who is ruling the country — if he is from the Muslim Brotherhood or not," Gamal said. "The main issue is if they can control the country, help the country develop and find jobs for young people."
Doc

Post by Doc »

Ibrahim wrote:They've been considered a terrorist organization for most of their existence. First for threatening the Mubarak dictatorship, Now for threatening the Sisi dictatorship. They don't actually advocate any "terrorist" policies, unlike e.g. al Qaeda. Its just to sucker incurious Westerners into supporting their suppression. Worked for Mubarak for decades.

Yeah sure

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/01/18 ... stitution/
Voters overwhelmingly back Egypt's new constitution
Published January 18, 2014

Jan. 18, 2014: Holding national flags and portraits of military chief Gen. Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi, Egyptians celebrate the passage of a new constitution after 98.1 percent of voters supported Egypt's military-backed constitution in a two-day election, in Tahrir Square, Cairo, Egypt. (AP)

CAIRO – Almost everyone who cast ballots supported Egypt's new constitution in this week's referendum, results announced Saturday show, but a boycott by Islamists and low youth turnout suggest the country is still dangerously divided.

Nearly 20 million voters backed the new constitution, almost double the number of those who voted for one drafted in 2012 under the government of toppled Islamist President Mohammed Morsi. Only a narrow sliver of voters -- 1.9 percent -- voted against the charter, after a massive government-sponsored campaign supporting it and the arrest of activists campaigning against it.

"Despite a milieu of intense social upheaval and acts of terrorism and sabotage that sought to derail the process, Egyptians have now marked yet another defining moment in our roadmap to democracy," presidential spokesman Ehab Badawy said. "The outcome represents nothing less than the dawning of a new Egypt."

The expected overwhelming support for the charter is seen as key to legitimizing Egypt's military-backed interim government, and the political plan put in place since Morsi's ouster in July. Analysts say it also suggests military chief Gen. Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi, who led the coup against Morsi, has enough popular support to make a rumored run for the presidency himself.

It was the first vote since the military removed Morsi following massive protests in July. Hundreds celebrated in the streets after officials announced the results, including Hoda Hamza, a housewife who waved an Egyptian flag in Cairo's Tahrir Square and carried a picture of el-Sissi with an inscription reading: "By the order of the people, el-Sissi is president."

Hamza called the passage of the constitution a foregone conclusion.

Now, "I wish el-Sissi will be president," Hamza said. "We have no better man. ... If it weren't for the army, we wouldn't have food on the table."

Morsi supporters, who boycotted the vote, immediately challenged the results. Despite being outlawed and labeled a terrorist group, Morsi's Muslim Brotherhood and its allies continue to hold near-daily protests that often devolve into clashes with police.

"Even if 38 percent of the voters took part, that still means that 62 percent of the public rejects" the interim government, said Imam Youssef, a member of the Brotherhood's coalition against the July coup and an ultraconservative Islamist party. "They are trying to legitimize their coup."

Egypt's High Election Commission said 38.6 percent of the country's more than 53 million eligible voters took part in the two-day poll Tuesday and Wednesday. Judge Nabil Salib, who heads the commission, called the participation of 20.6 million voters an "unrivalled success" and "an unprecedented turnout."

In 2012, some 16.7 million voters cast ballots on the constitution drafted under Morsi, representing a 32.9 percent turnout amid a boycott by liberal and youth groups. In that election, 63.8 percent voted for the constitution.

Activists and monitoring groups have raised concerns over the atmosphere in which this new election took place. U.S.-based Democracy International, which had some 80 observers in Egypt, said a heavy security deployment and the layout of some of the polling stations "could have jeopardized voters' ability to cast a ballot in secret." It also said there was campaigning too close to the polling stations and a lack of nonpartisan domestic observers.

"There is no evidence that such problems substantially affected the outcome of this referendum, but they could affect the integrity or the credibility of more closely contested electoral processes in the future," the group said in a statement Friday.

In the lead up to the vote, police arrested those campaigning for a "no" vote on the referendum, leaving little room for arguing against the constitution.

Government officials and pro-military commentators have suggested that the referendum's passage by a comfortable margin with a decent voter turnout would be viewed as legitimizing what el-Sissi has done since July, and a signal that people want him to run for president.

The general has not explicitly said whether he'll run.

"The link between the constitution and el-Sissi for president was symbolic," said Abdullah el-Sinawi, a commentator close to the military. "I think it is hard for him to say he won't run now and clash with a strong bloc (of 20 million) that calls for him to run. It would be like he's letting them down."

However, even Salib acknowledged young voters stayed away from the poll. He justified it by saying the vote coincided with midterm exams for university students.

El-Sinawi called it was a warning sign to authorities.

"This was a message that there is a crisis in reaching out to the new generation," he said.

There has been an intense government crackdown on the Muslim Brotherhood and Morsi supporters since the coup, including the jailing of hundreds of its top leaders and the violent breakup of protests. Meanwhile, terrorist attacks surged in the restive Sinai Peninsula and some assaults reached Cairo and Nile Delta cities. On Saturday night, military officials said soldiers in a firefight killed Ahmed el-Manaei, a leading militant of Ansar Beit al-Maqdis, which has claimed many of the recent attacks.

The government has blamed the Brotherhood for the violence. The Brotherhood, which renounced violence in the late 1970s, denies being behind the attacks.

The constitution was drafted by a 50-member panel dominated by secular figures and appointed by the interim president. It limits the scope of Islamic law in the country's legislation, something Islamist groups enshrined in the 2012 constitution. It also ensures equality between women and men, and upholds the freedom of religion.

But with all its liberal clauses, the charter also gives the military the right to appoint its defense minister for the next eight years, and leaves its vast business holdings above oversight.
Heracleum Persicum

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry on Saturday raised concerns about the fairness of a referendum on Egypt’s revised constitution after the military-led government announced that it had passed with an extraordinary 98.1 per cent of the vote.

Look, Doc, Saddam, Qaddafi, Mubarak and all those Ex and present friends of you guys won all elections with 98% 'yes' vote

but

Muslim Brotherhood rules all Egypt except the big cities

Meaning this vote a rubbish

Issue with Egypt right now is not democracy or freedom or things of that sort

Issue is, Egypt is economically ruined last 30 yrs .. Americans and Zionist bribed the generals and the cronies and those cronies f*cked Egypt to the ruin

Egypt high population makes things a bottomless pit, no Oil money from Saudi or Kuwait can save Egypt

Will not work

Doc

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry on Saturday raised concerns about the fairness of a referendum on Egypt’s revised constitution after the military-led government announced that it had passed with an extraordinary 98.1 per cent of the vote.

Look, Doc, Saddam, Qaddafi, Mubarak and all those Ex and present friends of you guys won all elections with 98% 'yes' vote

but

Issue is, Egypt is economically ruined last 30 yrs .. Americans and Zionist bribed the generals and the cronies and those cronies f*cked Egypt to the ruin

Egypt high population makes things a bottomless pit, no Oil money from Saudi or Kuwait can save Egypt

Will not work

Saddam won by a 99. something % vote and the Muslim Brotherhood was not boycotting those elections. In fact as I recall Saddam required Iraqis vote publicly. Polls have indicated that at least 70% of Egyptians are happy about the demise of the MB.

As for the gernarals I am well aware of the kinds of things they were saying for 30 years about Israeli spies being everywhere in Egypt.
Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote:

but

Will not work

Saddam won by a 99. something % vote and the Muslim Brotherhood was not boycotting those elections. In fact as I recall Saddam required Iraqis vote publicly.

Taking away the Iraqi Kurd (who fought Saddam and were gassed by Saddam), taking away the SHIA Iraqi Arabs (who were killed by Saddam), even if 100% of SUNNI Iraqi Arab population would have voted for Saddam, even if so, that would mean not even 15% vote of all Iraq's population

Doc wrote:.

Polls have indicated that at least 70% of Egyptians are happy about the demise of the MB.

depends whom and where they polled

my senses, @least 40% are for MB if not more, despite all the money spent by Sheiks to influence things

Short term will work

but not long term

this Sheiks and Kings and Amir approach is fundamentally broke

money will bring some relief short term .. but .. population (and corruption) too big to make a difference

Time-frame just moved a few yrs before same old story

Al Saud considers Egypt as Arabian "strategic debt" .. if Egypt goes Iranian way, Al Saud has to pack and leave

Persone to watch here is Mohamad Elbaradei .. he nixed and left the scene

Doc

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:
Doc wrote:

but

Will not work

Saddam won by a 99. something % vote and the Muslim Brotherhood was not boycotting those elections. In fact as I recall Saddam required Iraqis vote publicly.

Taking away the Iraqi Kurd (who fought Saddam and were gassed by Saddam), taking away the SHIA Iraqi Arabs (who were killed by Saddam), even if 100% of SUNNI Iraqi Arab population would have voted for Saddam, even if so, that would mean not even 15% vote of all Iraq's population
"The hand that votes for an opposition candidate gets cut off"

Doc wrote:.

Polls have indicated that at least 70% of Egyptians are happy about the demise of the MB.

depends whom and where they polled

my senses, @least 40% are for MB if not more, despite all the money spent by Sheiks to influence things

Short term will work

but not long term

this Sheiks and Kings and Amir approach is fundamentally broke

money will bring some relief short term .. but .. population (and corruption) too big to make a difference

Time-frame just moved a few yrs before same old story

Al Saud considers Egypt as Arabian "strategic debt" .. if Egypt goes Iranian way, Al Saud has to pack and leave

Persone to watch here is Mohamad Elbaradei .. he nixed and left the scene

PEW did the poll and I have never seen anyone questions their poll numbers

Doc

Post by Doc »

The Muslim Brotherhood Speaks Out Of Both Sides Of Its Mouth
Comment Now
Follow Comments

By DINA KHAYAT

Before the 2012 Egyptian presidential elections, dozens of Muslim Brotherhood members were dispatched to the US and Europe. They presented a picture that interlocutors could identify with. They were young, western-educated and articulate. They depicted the Brotherhood as the sole organized political force that would represent the majority in Egypt. They spoke of democracy, a free market economy and the preservation of rights of women and Copts.

Mohamed Morsi’s one year tenure however, turned all Brotherhood assertions to a lie. Within a few months, Mr. Morsi proceeded to put himself above the law, surrounded himself solely with Brotherhood cronies, and drove the economy into the ground. The tens of millions who poured out on the streets on June 30 asking for his removal also put to rest the common wisdom that the Brotherhood was an uncontestable force.

In 2012, the Brotherhood was as yet untested. The credulity of those who bought into their discourse was understandable. Today it is less so, given the Brotherhood’s record as well as their tarnished history.

In the early 1950’s the Muslim Brotherhood joined the Free Officers, but were soon rounded up and imprisoned following an assassination attempt on Nasser 1954. Anwar Sadat freed them and granted them political space on condition they renounce violence. In 1981 Sadat was assassinated by Islamic Jihad, a breakaway group. But the Brotherhood never veered far from the groups it spawned. Even Sadat’s assassins were welcome. Tariq Al Zomor was a front row guest of then-President Mohamed Morsi at the 2012 official celebrations of the 1973 October war. Tarik and his brother Aboud Al Zomor were convicted in 1984 for their role in the assassination of Sadat.

This is not just about politics, but goes back to the core values of the organization. According to a former Brotherhood leader, Dr. Tharwat Khirbawi, the Brotherhood has twisted an old Shiite practice to justify deceit if it serves their purpose. Taqiyya was an act of permissible dissimulation or concealment used in the early days of Islam predominantly by Shiites to avoid persecution. Today according to Dr. Khirbawi, it is used by the Muslim Brotherhood to “speak in a way that is appropriate for the ear hearing me” as declared by Tariq Ramadan the grandson of Hassan El Banna, the founder of the Muslim Brotherhood.

The U.S. was, in fact, treated first-hand to some of this doublespeak when the U.S. Embassy was stormed in Cairo by Islamists last September and a senior Brotherhood leader, Khairat El Shater, tweeted on his English account his relief that none of the Embassy staff were harmed while, in Arabic, he ‘called on Egyptians to rise and defend the Prophet.’
English: An imam of the Al-Azhar University in...

English: An imam of the Al-Azhar University in Tahrir Square during the 2011 Egyptian Revolution. Incidentally, the central banner in the background reads: “I am not from the Brotherhood, but it is Mubarak who is now banned”, in reference to the opposition group, the Muslim Brotherhood, which had been banned and deemed illegal as a political party during Hosni Mubarak’s regime. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

The Muslim Brotherhood are masters at presenting multiple faces as the situation warrants. These days they pose as victims. They forget their thinly veiled threats made just before the Egyptian presidential elections. In June 2012 before any presidential results were announced, Mr. Shater, speaking to the Washington Post, said that Egyptians could choose between the easy way, or the difficult way. Should the Brotherhood’s rival win, Mr. Shater predicted there would be violence. The Brotherhood’s often violent demonstrations since the ousting of Mr. Morsi on June 30, bear out the warning voiced by Mr. Shater.

Following the removal of Mr. Morsi, the Administration immediately declared its neutrality. Nevertheless, in the months since, it has consistently pressured the transitional government in Cairo to become more “inclusive,” a refrain that would appear within every statement on Egypt. In October 2013 the Administration then decided to “recalibrate” US aid to Egypt, to prod the Egyptian government to embrace the Muslim Brotherhood.

When on January 24, Cairo was rocked by four bombs in the deadliest blast to hit the city in living memory, the State Department issued a brief statement. It condemned the attack but urged “all Egyptians” to maintain “calm and restraint” thus putting on a par both victim and perpetrator.

It would be a mistake to believe that the Muslim Brotherhood and their militant offshoots can be contained through appeasement. The Brotherhood’s values are not US values and never were. Sooner or later these values are bound to clash. By that time however, the US will have jeopardized its vital interests in the region as well as influence and credibility.

Dina Khayat is founder and chairman of an asset management company based in Egypt. She is also head of the economic committee of the Free Egyptians Party, a political party founded after the 2011 revolution.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin/20 ... its-mouth/
Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote:
The Muslim Brotherhood Speaks Out Of Both Sides Of Its Mouth
Comment Now
Follow Comments

By DINA KHAYAT

Before the 2012 Egyptian presidential elections, dozens of Muslim Brotherhood members were dispatched to the US and Europe. They presented a picture that interlocutors could identify with. They were young, western-educated and articulate. They depicted the Brotherhood as the sole organized political force that would represent the majority in Egypt. They spoke of democracy, a free market economy and the preservation of rights of women and Copts.

Mohamed Morsi’s one year tenure however, turned all Brotherhood assertions to a lie. Within a few months, Mr. Morsi proceeded to put himself above the law, surrounded himself solely with Brotherhood cronies, and drove the economy into the ground. The tens of millions who poured out on the streets on June 30 asking for his removal also put to rest the common wisdom that the Brotherhood was an uncontestable force.

In 2012, the Brotherhood was as yet untested. The credulity of those who bought into their discourse was understandable. Today it is less so, given the Brotherhood’s record as well as their tarnished history.

In the early 1950’s the Muslim Brotherhood joined the Free Officers, but were soon rounded up and imprisoned following an assassination attempt on Nasser 1954. Anwar Sadat freed them and granted them political space on condition they renounce violence. In 1981 Sadat was assassinated by Islamic Jihad, a breakaway group. But the Brotherhood never veered far from the groups it spawned. Even Sadat’s assassins were welcome. Tariq Al Zomor was a front row guest of then-President Mohamed Morsi at the 2012 official celebrations of the 1973 October war. Tarik and his brother Aboud Al Zomor were convicted in 1984 for their role in the assassination of Sadat.

This is not just about politics, but goes back to the core values of the organization. According to a former Brotherhood leader, Dr. Tharwat Khirbawi, the Brotherhood has twisted an old Shiite practice to justify deceit if it serves their purpose. Taqiyya was an act of permissible dissimulation or concealment used in the early days of Islam predominantly by Shiites to avoid persecution. Today according to Dr. Khirbawi, it is used by the Muslim Brotherhood to “speak in a way that is appropriate for the ear hearing me” as declared by Tariq Ramadan the grandson of Hassan El Banna, the founder of the Muslim Brotherhood.

The U.S. was, in fact, treated first-hand to some of this doublespeak when the U.S. Embassy was stormed in Cairo by Islamists last September and a senior Brotherhood leader, Khairat El Shater, tweeted on his English account his relief that none of the Embassy staff were harmed while, in Arabic, he ‘called on Egyptians to rise and defend the Prophet.’
English: An imam of the Al-Azhar University in...

English: An imam of the Al-Azhar University in Tahrir Square during the 2011 Egyptian Revolution. Incidentally, the central banner in the background reads: “I am not from the Brotherhood, but it is Mubarak who is now banned”, in reference to the opposition group, the Muslim Brotherhood, which had been banned and deemed illegal as a political party during Hosni Mubarak’s regime. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

The Muslim Brotherhood are masters at presenting multiple faces as the situation warrants. These days they pose as victims. They forget their thinly veiled threats made just before the Egyptian presidential elections. In June 2012 before any presidential results were announced, Mr. Shater, speaking to the Washington Post, said that Egyptians could choose between the easy way, or the difficult way. Should the Brotherhood’s rival win, Mr. Shater predicted there would be violence. The Brotherhood’s often violent demonstrations since the ousting of Mr. Morsi on June 30, bear out the warning voiced by Mr. Shater.

Following the removal of Mr. Morsi, the Administration immediately declared its neutrality. Nevertheless, in the months since, it has consistently pressured the transitional government in Cairo to become more “inclusive,” a refrain that would appear within every statement on Egypt. In October 2013 the Administration then decided to “recalibrate” US aid to Egypt, to prod the Egyptian government to embrace the Muslim Brotherhood.

When on January 24, Cairo was rocked by four bombs in the deadliest blast to hit the city in living memory, the State Department issued a brief statement. It condemned the attack but urged “all Egyptians” to maintain “calm and restraint” thus putting on a par both victim and perpetrator.

It would be a mistake to believe that the Muslim Brotherhood and their militant offshoots can be contained through appeasement. The Brotherhood’s values are not US values and never were. Sooner or later these values are bound to clash. By that time however, the US will have jeopardized its vital interests in the region as well as influence and credibility.

Dina Khayat is founder and chairman of an asset management company based in Egypt. She is also head of the economic committee of the Free Egyptians Party, a political party founded after the 2011 revolution.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin/20 ... its-mouth/

Majority of Egyptians, probably of all non secular Arabs , are with "Muslim Brotherhood" .. Alternative, Salafi and Wahhabi, Kings and Amirs, Al Saud & company .. all .. are bankrupt, morally and otherwise

In that sense .. Arab future lies with an "Arab secular & Muslim COALITION" .. West knows this

Everything else just "Music" ..

BTW

Doc,

Were is Ibrahim ? ?

looks like you guys pissed him off

Well,

Heracleum Persicum

Egypt, hat in hand, losing leading role in Arab world

Very grave mistake .. Al Saud on the way out .. then what ? ?

monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Show Me the Money! ;-)

Post by monster_gardener »

Egypt, hat in hand, losing leading role in Arab world

Very grave mistake .. Al Saud on the way out .. then what ? ?

Thank You Very Much for your post, Azari....

Simple Solution, Azari.....

Show Them the Money! ;)

mBS0OWGUidc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBS0OWGUidc

Though it might have to be a lot more money to make Leaders Sunni
Be loony
Enough to take Dirty Shiite :twisted: Money
And face problems from the fanatics....
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Heracleum Persicum

How Zionist with American help stole Egyptian Gas .. full documentary

pk1WXwPJzwg
Endovelico

A Little Step

Post by Endovelico »

It may be a little step, but it shouldn't be disregarded:

Egypt's President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi, second right, stands next to Coptic Pope Tawadros II, second left, as he addresses the congregation during Christmas Eve Mass at St. Mark's Cathedral, in Cairo.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Female genital mutilation needed because Egyptian men are 'sexually weak', says MP

One presumes many Eygyptian men are thinking, "Speak for yourself, limpdick."
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.