Egypt

Endovelico

Re: Egypt

Post by Endovelico »

Ammianus wrote:Physical extinction is the only end run for them. They get their wish, we get ours, and human civilization reformats itself accordingly. Past history has proved a sanguineous guide, and this time will not be any different.
Hardly a civilized approach to the problem, but I fear it will come to that. The non-fundamentalist majority - Muslim, secular, agnostic - must in the end get rid of the mad dogs, in order for peace and development to have a chance in the Middle East. Hopefully it will be enough to eliminate the whole fundamentalist leadership for the others to be able to join the mainstream. Savonarola comes to mind...
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

Endovelico wrote:
Azrael wrote:We don't know who sets a lot of the fires. Morsi supporters? Agents provocateurs hoping that the Muslim Brotherhood would get the blame?
Agents provocateurs? Not impossible, but how likely would that be?...
An Iberian leftist who thinks that agents provocateurs are unlikely? ¡qué sorpresa!

I guess people really do get more reactionary when they get older. :wink:
cultivate a white rose
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Azrael wrote:
Endovelico wrote:
Azrael wrote:We don't know who sets a lot of the fires. Morsi supporters? Agents provocateurs hoping that the Muslim Brotherhood would get the blame?
Agents provocateurs? Not impossible, but how likely would that be?...
An Iberian leftist who thinks that agents provocateurs are unlikely? ¡qué sorpresa!

I guess people really do get more reactionary when they get older. :wink:
Mind you, I'm not saying there are no agents provocateurs in many places and under many guises, I'm saying that burning Coptic churches in order to blame the MB seems far fetched...
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

Do you think General Sisi, or the Mossad, or the Saudis have any love for the Coptics?
cultivate a white rose
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

I read an interview with an experienced Egyptian journalist last week. His opinion was that the situation had devolved from organized politics to a mob mentality. I'm not sure one can get an accurate impression from media reports.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Christians and Timocracy in Syria & maybe Egypt.............

Post by monster_gardener »

Azrael wrote:Do you think General Sisi, or the Mossad, or the Saudis have any love for the Coptics?
Thank You Very Much for your post, Azrael.

I suspect that they may like them better than Muslim Brothers who try to/assassinate leaders like Assad and Sadat and otherwise interfere with the operation of a modern orderly if sometimes corrupt state........

Wondering if General Sisi rebuilds the Churches, if this could initiate a moderately beautiful friendship like the Alawites & Assad have with the Christians in Syria....... Christians as bodyguards, drivers. food tasters & supporters of the heretical Military Timocrats because the Christians know that no way are they going to rule Egypt/Syria and they know what awaits if Muslim total fanatics get a free hand to implement a strict Sharia state........
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Azrael

Re: Christians and Timocracy in Syria & maybe Egypt.........

Post by Azrael »

monster_gardener wrote:
Azrael wrote:Do you think General Sisi, or the Mossad, or the Saudis have any love for the Coptics?

I suspect that they may like them better than Muslim Brothers who try to/assassinate leaders like Assad and Sadat and otherwise interfere with the operation of a modern orderly if sometimes corrupt state........
Sure, but that isn't saying very much. That's like saying Yankees fans like the Dodgers more than they like the Red Sox.
Wondering if General Sisi rebuilds the Churches,
That wouldn't surprise me. It would be worth it to try to get good press in the west.
if this could initiate a moderately beautiful friendship like the Alawites & Assad have with the Christians in Syria.......
Sure, but it hasn't helped Assad much in the corporate media. Didn't help Saddam, either.
Christians as bodyguards, drivers. food tasters & supporters of the heretical Military Timocrats because the Christians know that no way are they going to rule Egypt/Syria and they know what awaits if Muslim total fanatics get a free hand to implement a strict Sharia state........
It was that way for Christians under Saddam, too, until Bush did them in. Ask Manuel Christo (aka Tariq Aziz).

Syria had taken in roughly a million refugees by December 2006. It possible that as many as half of them were Iraqi Christians. If Assad gets crushed, too, where will they go? Turkey has been taking in some of the Assyrian Christians of Syria; but who knows how many more refugees they will accept.
cultivate a white rose
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:I read an interview with an experienced Egyptian journalist last week. His opinion was that the situation had devolved from organized politics to a mob mentality. I'm not sure one can get an accurate impression from media reports.
It seems that when you arrest or shoot those practicing organized politics, you are left with the mob.
cultivate a white rose
Juggernaut Nihilism

Post by Juggernaut Nihilism »

Some of you people are genuflecting crazy. Haven't we already tried reforming humanity by killing off all the ones we didn't like? Several times? And did it work those other times?

I'm starting to think you aren't actually trying to improve anything and maybe you just like to see certain people killed.
"The fundamental rule of political analysis from the point of psychology is, follow the sacredness, and around it is a ring of motivated ignorance."
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Juggernaut Nihilism wrote:Some of you people are genuflecting crazy. Haven't we already tried reforming humanity by killing off all the ones we didn't like? Several times? And did it work those other times?

I'm starting to think you aren't actually trying to improve anything and maybe you just like to see certain people killed.
You are almost right. But getting rid of the MB leadership is not a matter of liking or not liking them. It's because they are fanatical, murderous bastards who would oppress and kill anyone not thinking like them. Suppose someone had killed the nazi party leadership in the late 1920's. Would that have been indifferent? Was there a second tier leadership which would have carried out the same policies? I very much doubt it. Amputation of a gangrenous limb, no matter how traumatic it may be, may be necessary and not only in medicine. But I agree that, on a political level, it would be better to do it without bloodshed, if at all possible.
Juggernaut Nihilism

Endovelico wrote:
Juggernaut Nihilism wrote:Some of you people are genuflecting crazy. Haven't we already tried reforming humanity by killing off all the ones we didn't like? Several times? And did it work those other times?

You are almost right. But getting rid of the MB leadership is not a matter of liking or not liking them. It's because they are fanatical, murderous bastards who would oppress and kill anyone not thinking like them.
Maybe I'm missing some important point, but all I'm hearing is "Getting rid of the MB is not a matter of liking or not liking them. It's because of this list of things I don't like about them."
"The fundamental rule of political analysis from the point of psychology is, follow the sacredness, and around it is a ring of motivated ignorance."
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Juggernaut Nihilism wrote:
Endovelico wrote:

You are almost right. But getting rid of the MB leadership is not a matter of liking or not liking them. It's because they are fanatical, murderous bastards who would oppress and kill anyone not thinking like them.
Maybe I'm missing some important point, but all I'm hearing is "Getting rid of the MB is not a matter of liking or not liking them. It's because of this list of things I don't like about them."
You are right. I have nothing against people being fanatical and murderous or wanting to oppress and kill their fellow citizens per se. It's because they are the MB that I want to get rid of them... If all that was done by, for instance, the US armed forces, I would have nothing to object...
monster_gardener

Timocrats! Timocrats! Rah! Rah! Rah!

Azrael wrote:
monster_gardener wrote:

Sure, but that isn't saying very much. That's like saying Yankees fans like the Dodgers more than they like the Red Sox.
Wondering if General Sisi rebuilds the Churches,
That wouldn't surprise me. It would be worth it to try to get good press in the west.
if this could initiate a moderately beautiful friendship like the Alawites & Assad have with the Christians in Syria.......
Sure, but it hasn't helped Assad much in the corporate media. Didn't help Saddam, either.
Christians as bodyguards, drivers. food tasters & supporters of the heretical Military Timocrats because the Christians know that no way are they going to rule Egypt/Syria and they know what awaits if Muslim total fanatics get a free hand to implement a strict Sharia state........
It was that way for Christians under Saddam, too, until Bush did them in. Ask Manuel Christo (aka Tariq Aziz).

Syria had taken in roughly a million refugees by December 2006. It possible that as many as half of them were Iraqi Christians. If Assad gets crushed, too, where will they go? Turkey has been taking in some of the Assyrian Christians of Syria; but who knows how many more refugees they will accept.

Timocrats! Timocrats! Ra! Ra! Ra!*

Thank You VERY Much for your post, Azrael.

Not much disagreement except..........
Maybe.........

But I understand it to be more like the "Timocrats" Football Team and their Christian Cheerleaders ;) and waterboys ;) vs. the Sharia Slimes......

*An especially appropriate cheer for ancient Egypt ;)
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall the US right going wild about the MB taking over Egypt after the first coup, and the US right was roundly denounced as Islamaphobic racists.

So what happened.
Censorship isn't necessary
Hans Bulvai

Post by Hans Bulvai »

Ammianus wrote:http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 63272.html

I have now changed my mind. What happened in Algeria cannot happen fast enough in Egypt right now. Spengler, in his gloating and bloviating, at least hit upon a kernel of truth. Throughout the Arab world, somewhat similar to Continental Europe of the 16th, 17th, and early 20th century, there exist perhaps 15-20%, perhaps less, perhaps more, of the population that are hopelessly recalcitrant, reactionary, and antagonistic to any semblance of modernity and compromise. Perhaps you will disagree and use completely different terms, but in the end, it matters not. What is certain is that they are preternaturally disposed to virulent strands of paranoia, antipathy, and violence, that over time has shown itself to be entirely metastatic, regardless of the external factors, which in any case serve only to strengthen and not attenuate them regardless of their nature. If that population segment demands martyrdom so desperately, then let them eat it ten times over. Physical extinction is the only end run for them. They get their wish, we get ours, and human civilization reformats itself accordingly. Past history has proved a sanguineous guide, and this time will not be any different.
Pfff...
Ammianus wrote: Two years on and I am still awed by the power of the Arab Revolution to make, among other things, Dan a enthusiastic believer in Arab democracy and Hans Bulvai into an inveterate Arab hater.
I don't buy supremacy
Media chief
You menace me
The people you say
'Cause all the crime
Wake up motherfucker
And smell the slime
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

:)

I think ol Ams is a few decades late to the party.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Endovelico wrote:

Do you have a shred of evidence to support this falsehood? Because it is contrary to their stated platform for decades, and the pronouncements and laws passed by Morsi when in power.

Basically you are repeating Sisi's lies to excuse the overthrow of a democratic movement that threatened the Saudi monarchy. So not only do you defend torture and murder based on false pretenses, but you do so on behalf of a monarchy that overtly funds an objectively more extremist ideology.

You've found every single way to be wrong on this issue - morally, factually, legally, ethically, politically - and yet you'd rather carry water for mass murdering generals and fundamentalist aristocrats than admit it.
Juggernaut Nihilism

Ibrahim wrote:
Endovelico wrote:

Do you have a shred of evidence to support this falsehood? Because it is contrary to their stated platform for decades, and the pronouncements and laws passed by Morsi when in power.

Basically you are repeating Sisi's lies to excuse the overthrow of a democratic movement that threatened the Saudi monarchy. So not only do you defend torture and murder based on false pretenses, but you do so on behalf of a monarchy that overtly funds an objectively more extremist ideology.

You've found every single way to be wrong on this issue - morally, factually, legally, ethically, politically - and yet you'd rather carry water for mass murdering generals and fundamentalist aristocrats than admit it.
You know something is fucked when Ibrahim reviews a thread on the Middle East and thinks I'm the one being reasonable.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Juggernaut Nihilism wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
Endovelico wrote:

You know something is fucked when Ibrahim reviews a thread on the Middle East and thinks I'm the one being reasonable.
Mostly we've argued about your, ah, urban domestic policy, no?

My challenge to Endo stands: provide a single specific example of MB policy that justifies his enjoyment and support of their mass-murder by the Egyptian military.
Ammianus

Post by Ammianus »

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/3992/ ... -cleansing

Iskander Toss, who had lived all his life in the town of Delga in Upper Egypt, last week was kidnapped, severely beaten, and dragged on the dirt roads of the village until his spirit left him.

His crime? As in the Kenya mall massacre last week, he was a Christian.

A few days later, the Ikhwan [Muslim Brotherhood] jihadists opened his grave, pulled his body out, and dragged it through the village until the majority of the Coptic families fled in terror.

What is unique about Toss's death is that people know is his name. Throughout the land of the Nile, murders like his are taking place on a regular basis.

Delga, located 150 miles south of Cairo, is one of the oldest and the largest towns in Egypt. Out of over 100,000 inhabitants, 25,000 are Christians. Delga had a number of churches [4-5], some going back to the 4th century. Almost all of them have been destroyed.

For the past 75 days, since Morsi was forced out of office, members of the Ikhwan and its affiliates have cordoned off the village. They forced some Christians to pay "Jizya," the extra poll tax that Christians and other non-Muslims are required to pay (like a shakedown fee for "protection.") Members of the Ikhwan make life intolerable for Christian community in the village.

On September 16, 2013, the Egyptian armed forces moved in to free Delga from the Ikhwan and its supporters. The armed forces waited that long because of what happened earlier in Kerdasa, another village south of Cairo and the home of many Christian families.

In Kerdasa, members of the Ikhwan, starting in a police station, took 11 policemen and soldiers hostage. They tortured and shot them dead on camera, and set the station and the village's churches on fire. Christians fled the village of Kerdasa.

The government's strategy was to wait to give the world chance to see what the Ikhwan is capable of.

Ehab Ramzy, a Coptic attorney in Egypt, provided the context. He stated in a televised interview that his office building was set on fire along with 50 churches and 1,000 Christian businesses. They were destroyed in Upper Egypt, Ramzy explained, on the day that Morsi was forced out. This was the Ikhwan strategy, he said: to punish the church for not supporting Morsi.

Since the ouster of Mohamed Morsi, the problem has only intensified: anti-Christian violence now manifests itself in Egypt with increasing regularity.

Since ouster of Hosni Mubarak in February 2011, what happened to the Christians in Delga and Kerdasa, has been happening throughout Egypt.

The Christians of the village of Marinab in the Aswan Governorate, 700 miles south of Cairo, were also placed under siege by jihadists in October 2011. Their food supplies and contacts with the outside world were cut off until they agreed to have their church demolished because they violated the building code by displaying a cross, which the jihadists said was offensive.

The death of Iskander Toss and the ongoing attacks against Christians in Egypt demonstrates a troubling reality in the Middle East:

On September 19, Mohamed Hassanein Heikal, adviser to many leaders in the Middle East, stated in televised interview that most countries in the region owned chemical weapons, the poor nation's weapon of choice.

Heikal also stated that in the short run, President Obama's incoherent foreign policies in the Middle East will threaten the stability of countries such as Lebanon, especially its Christian minority; and in the long run, the Persian Gulf countries. He added that what happened in Delga is not just an indicator of what the Ikhwan is capable of, but of what is coming.

The issue came to a head with the current U.S. administration's response to the sarin gas attack that killed several hundred people on the outskirts of Damascus on Aug. 21, 2013.

By not attacking Assad, a puppet of Shiite Iran, the U.S. has not only strengthened America's adversaries, Russia and China, but also emboldened the mad mullahs in Iran and Sunni extremists in Syria and Egypt, who now apparently think that the radicals' war of attrition with the U.S. -- which has been going on for decades -- is finally bearing fruit.

While the British and American people have made it clear that they do not support a strike on the Assad regime in Syria, Christians in Syria and in the rest of the Middle East have also been unanimous in their opposition to such a strike: they fear it would unleash the forces of jihadists and cause the total destruction of Christianity in the region.

There is an irony here: by failing to act against the Bashar Al-Assad after stating it would, the U.S. policy has not only put religious and ethnic minorities in the region at even greater risk; it has also put moderate, reform-minded Muslims in even greater danger.

By speaking about the use of chemical weapons as a red line, and Assad's days being numbered, the U.S. gave leaders in the Middle East an expectation that it would act in the face of atrocity.

By not acting, the U.S. has unintentionally given the signal that America is retreating from the region. The implication of this retreat is that violence against Christians and other non-Muslims can proceed with impunity.

U.S. President Barack Obama's recent speech, given on the eve of the twelfth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, did nothing to disabuse global jihadists of this notion. As American credibility in the region has deteriorated, Islamist violence against Christians in the Middle East has escalated.

The problem is particularly evident in Syria, where Christians have been driven from their homes in Maaloula by Sunni jihadists associated with Al Qaeda. Earlier this year, the Christian quarter of Homs was completely destroyed and emptied of all of its inhabitants -- more than 100,000 people were evicted from their homes. Churches dating back to the second, third and fourth centuries were destroyed.

If the violence against Christians in the Middle East continues without a meaningful response from the U.S. administration and leaders in the Middle East, it will indicate to jihadist cells currently residing in Europe and North America that their hour has finally arrived.

Although the Ikhwan has now been outlawed and driven from the halls of power in Egypt, as an international organization, it is still a force to be reckoned with: even if it is blocked in Egypt, its stated plan is to create problems for Western democracies.

If the American people and the current Administration turn their backs on the Middle East region, the destruction of both Christianity and freedom there is a virtual certainty.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

This sounds a bit like that story about "Christian priests" murdered in Syria that Hans debunked in the Syria thread. Gatestone is a fringe right think tank publishing some of the most extreme anti-Muslim and pro-ultrazionist hacks out there, so this needs a little corroboration beyond their say-so. Any actual reporting on the subject? In the meantime thumbs up to the Egyptian army massacring people who maybe-possibly were affiliated with some crime that might not even have happened.

Not to mention the story itself is obvious BS. Forget the fact that its contrary to all of their stated policies and recorded actions, Muslim Brotherhood members cordoning off villages? They're getting rounded up or gunned down in the streets, but somehow they are also seizing villages and defying the army and no reputable news outlet is even covering it? These clowns can't even invent plausible propaganda, but I guess they don't have to if the target audience is American hicks who don't really know anything about the region. "You can't trust the MSM. Who are you going to listen to? Reuters and AP or John Bolton's website? I've made my choice."
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Ammianus wrote:.

Iskander Toss, who had lived all his life in the town of Delga in Upper Egypt, last week was kidnapped, severely beaten, and dragged on the dirt roads of the village until his spirit left him.

A few days later, the Ikhwan [Muslim Brotherhood] jihadists opened his grave, pulled his body out, and dragged it through the village until the majority of the Coptic families fled in terror.

What is unique about Toss's death is that people know is his name. Throughout the land of the Nile, murders like his are taking place on a regular basis.

Delga, located 150 miles south of Cairo, is one of the oldest and the largest towns in Egypt. Out of over 100,000 inhabitants, 25,000 are Christians. Delga had a number of churches [4-5], some going back to the 4th century. Almost all of them have been destroyed.

For the past 75 days, since Morsi was forced out of office, members of the Ikhwan and its affiliates have cordoned off the village. They forced some Christians to pay "Jizya," the extra poll tax that Christians and other non-Muslims are required to pay (like a shakedown fee for "protection.") Members of the Ikhwan make life intolerable for Christian community in the village.

On September 16, 2013, the Egyptian armed forces moved in to free Delga from the Ikhwan and its supporters. The armed forces waited that long because of what happened earlier in Kerdasa, another village south of Cairo and the home of many Christian families.

In Kerdasa, members of the Ikhwan, starting in a police station, took 11 policemen and soldiers hostage. They tortured and shot them dead on camera, and set the station and the village's churches on fire. Christians fled the village of Kerdasa.

The government's strategy was to wait to give the world chance to see what the Ikhwan is capable of.

Ehab Ramzy, a Coptic attorney in Egypt, provided the context. He stated in a televised interview that his office building was set on fire along with 50 churches and 1,000 Christian businesses. They were destroyed in Upper Egypt, Ramzy explained, on the day that Morsi was forced out. This was the Ikhwan strategy, he said: to punish the church for not supporting Morsi.

Since the ouster of Mohamed Morsi, the problem has only intensified: anti-Christian violence now manifests itself in Egypt with increasing regularity.

Since ouster of Hosni Mubarak in February 2011, what happened to the Christians in Delga and Kerdasa, has been happening throughout Egypt.

The Christians of the village of Marinab in the Aswan Governorate, 700 miles south of Cairo, were also placed under siege by jihadists in October 2011. Their food supplies and contacts with the outside world were cut off until they agreed to have their church demolished because they violated the building code by displaying a cross, which the jihadists said was offensive.

The death of Iskander Toss and the ongoing attacks against Christians in Egypt demonstrates a troubling reality in the Middle East:

On September 19, Mohamed Hassanein Heikal, adviser to many leaders in the Middle East, stated in televised interview that most countries in the region owned chemical weapons, the poor nation's weapon of choice.

Heikal also stated that in the short run, President Obama's incoherent foreign policies in the Middle East will threaten the stability of countries such as Lebanon, especially its Christian minority; and in the long run, the Persian Gulf countries. He added that what happened in Delga is not just an indicator of what the Ikhwan is capable of, but of what is coming.

The issue came to a head with the current U.S. administration's response to the sarin gas attack that killed several hundred people on the outskirts of Damascus on Aug. 21, 2013.

By not attacking Assad, a puppet of Shiite Iran, the U.S. has not only strengthened America's adversaries, Russia and China, but also emboldened the mad mullahs in Iran and Sunni extremists in Syria and Egypt, who now apparently think that the radicals' war of attrition with the U.S. -- which has been going on for decades -- is finally bearing fruit.

While the British and American people have made it clear that they do not support a strike on the Assad regime in Syria, Christians in Syria and in the rest of the Middle East have also been unanimous in their opposition to such a strike: they fear it would unleash the forces of jihadists and cause the total destruction of Christianity in the region.

There is an irony here: by failing to act against the Bashar Al-Assad after stating it would, the U.S. policy has not only put religious and ethnic minorities in the region at even greater risk; it has also put moderate, reform-minded Muslims in even greater danger.

By speaking about the use of chemical weapons as a red line, and Assad's days being numbered, the U.S. gave leaders in the Middle East an expectation that it would act in the face of atrocity.

By not acting, the U.S. has unintentionally given the signal that America is retreating from the region. The implication of this retreat is that violence against Christians and other non-Muslims can proceed with impunity.

U.S. President Barack Obama's recent speech, given on the eve of the twelfth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, did nothing to disabuse global jihadists of this notion. As American credibility in the region has deteriorated, Islamist violence against Christians in the Middle East has escalated.

The problem is particularly evident in Syria, where Christians have been driven from their homes in Maaloula by Sunni jihadists associated with Al Qaeda. Earlier this year, the Christian quarter of Homs was completely destroyed and emptied of all of its inhabitants -- more than 100,000 people were evicted from their homes. Churches dating back to the second, third and fourth centuries were destroyed.

If the violence against Christians in the Middle East continues without a meaningful response from the U.S. administration and leaders in the Middle East, it will indicate to jihadist cells currently residing in Europe and North America that their hour has finally arrived.

Although the Ikhwan has now been outlawed and driven from the halls of power in Egypt, as an international organization, it is still a force to be reckoned with: even if it is blocked in Egypt, its stated plan is to create problems for Western democracies.

If the American people and the current Administration turn their backs on the Middle East region, the destruction of both Christianity and freedom there is a virtual certainty.

For the last 1000 yrs, Middle Eastern people of Jewish, Christian and Islamic faith have lived in peace, harmony .. they went through same hardship or joy in life, lived in peace next to each other .. they respected each other .. all, in comparison what at the "same time" was happening in Western world

Ask yourself, what happened that, now, suddenly, Middle Eastern people of Christian or Jewish faith find themselves in "uncomfortable" situation ? ? ?

Reason for that is, all this began when Western Powers showed up in Middle East

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Ibrahim wrote:This sounds a bit like that story about "Christian priests" murdered in Syria that Hans debunked in the Syria thread. Gatestone is a fringe right think tank publishing some of the most extreme anti-Muslim and pro-ultrazionist hacks out there, so this needs a little corroboration beyond their say-so. Any actual reporting on the subject? In the meantime thumbs up to the Egyptian army massacring people who maybe-possibly were affiliated with some crime that might not even have happened.

Not to mention the story itself is obvious BS. Forget the fact that its contrary to all of their stated policies and recorded actions, Muslim Brotherhood members cordoning off villages? They're getting rounded up or gunned down in the streets, but somehow they are also seizing villages and defying the army and no reputable news outlet is even covering it? These clowns can't even invent plausible propaganda, but I guess they don't have to if the target audience is American hicks who don't really know anything about the region. "You can't trust the MSM. Who are you going to listen to? Reuters and AP or John Bolton's website? I've made my choice."
After the MSM touted the "arab spring" who can really blame them.

Is there something wrong with American hicks?
monster_gardener

Comparing Our Mutual Bastardy

Heracleum Persicum wrote:
Ammianus wrote:.

For the last 1000 yrs, Middle Eastern people of Jewish, Christian and Islamic faith have lived in peace, harmony .. they went through same hardship or joy in life, lived in peace next to each other .. they respected each other .. all, in comparison what at the "same time" was happening in Western world

Ask yourself, what happened that, now, suddenly, Middle Eastern people of Christian or Jewish faith find themselves in "uncomfortable" situation ? ? ?

Thank You Very Much for your post, Azari.

For the last 1000 yrs, Middle Eastern people of Jewish, Christian and Islamic faith have lived in peace, harmony .. they went through same hardship or joy in life, lived in peace next to each other .. they respected each other .
Not really.......

In general the dominant Muslims despised the Christians, Jews and other barely tolerated faiths and were intent on slowly or quickly grinding them into submission & conversion to Islam by pretty near whatever means necessary.
all, in comparison what at the "same time" was happening in Western world
Since we seem to be comparing our mutual bastardy, again remembering the often murderous persecution against "Middle Eastern" ;) Jews in Persia long before Israel existed...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of ... ws_in_Iran

And what the murderous Muslim invaders did to the Buddhists of Afghanistan........

IMO the real reason is that Muslim powers showed up ;) :twisted: :roll: outside of the sandy hell called Arabia..... ;) :twisted: :roll:

Invaded Persia, the West and the Rest of the World....... :evil: :evil: :evil:
Ibrahim

Re: Comparing Our Mutual Bastardy

Post by Ibrahim »

monster_gardener wrote:
For the last 1000 yrs, Middle Eastern people of Jewish, Christian and Islamic faith have lived in peace, harmony .. they went through same hardship or joy in life, lived in peace next to each other .. they respected each other .
Not really.......

In general the dominant Muslims despised the Christians, Jews and other barely tolerated faiths and were intent on slowly or quickly grinding them into submission & conversion to Islam by pretty near whatever means necessary.

Obvious falsehood. Forced conversion is expressly prohibited, Christian and Jewish minorities were protected within Islamic empires for 1300 years. Compare with American genocide of their own indigenous population. Over %10 of the Egyptian population is Coptic. What percentage of the American population is indigenous, and what percentage of those follow their traditional religion? Clearly another case of hypocrisy.