Iran

noddy

Re: Trump loses!

Post by noddy »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

There's a lot of talks, in media, and on this fora, about denial of human rights in Iran and elsewhere

Well,

Firms such as Apple, Twitter, Google, GoDaddy, Facebook, AMD, Norton, Comodo, Oracle and Adobe are denying Iranians the right to purchase or download tools and services that are legal, available to the rest of the world, and essential for allowing Iranians full and safe access to the global internet.

“Iranians not only face internet censorship and hacking from their government, but also the denial of the right to purchase and use perfectly legal software and services by private tech firms” said Hadi Ghaemi, executive director of CHRI.”

These items are not under any sanctions and it is unfair and discriminatory to deny Iranian youth tools that are available to the rest of the world,” continued Ghaemi. “Tech firms are being complicit in denying the right to internet access in Iran.”

These restrictions have impeded Iranians’ access to information, directly endangered the security of journalists, activists and students in the country who face covert state monitoring and hacking, and impeded the growth and expansion of a new generation of Iranian developers and startups.

At least 35 companies offering high tech communications and software development tools have blocked their products (at least 61 items) from domestic use in Iran, according to research carried out by CHRI and ASL 19.

“Barring Iranian users from these tools and services that companies make available to everyone else around the world is not sanctions compliance; it’s voluntary and arbitrary behavior that is discriminatory,” said Ali Bangi, the Co-Director of ASL19.

“We have reminded tech companies again and again that their over-compliance with sanctions not only goes beyond the scope of the law, but also violates fundamental human rights and freedom of speech,” Bangi, added.

This access has been denied even though the U.S. Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) explicitly exempted personal communications tools and services from sanctions against Iran, allowing Iranians to purchase software, mobile applications, cell phone hardware, personal computers, and others services under General License D-1 in February 2013.

much more @ link

Well, Doc, NR, if you guys really concerned about human rights in Iran, you know where to start.

Unbiased info here 2B found

since day one you have stridently maintained that a) the iranian government is legit b) western meddling in middle eastern affairs is immoral and wrong and c) all western tech is a tool of the government

now you are demanding the exact opposite ?

colour me confused.
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

noddy wrote:

There's a lot of talks, in media, and on this fora, about denial of human rights in Iran and elsewhere

Well,

Firms such as Apple, Twitter, Google, GoDaddy, Facebook, AMD, Norton, Comodo, Oracle and Adobe are denying Iranians the right to purchase or download tools and services that are legal, available to the rest of the world, and essential for allowing Iranians full and safe access to the global internet.

“Iranians not only face internet censorship and hacking from their government, but also the denial of the right to purchase and use perfectly legal software and services by private tech firms” said Hadi Ghaemi, executive director of CHRI.”

These items are not under any sanctions and it is unfair and discriminatory to deny Iranian youth tools that are available to the rest of the world,” continued Ghaemi. “Tech firms are being complicit in denying the right to internet access in Iran.”

These restrictions have impeded Iranians’ access to information, directly endangered the security of journalists, activists and students in the country who face covert state monitoring and hacking, and impeded the growth and expansion of a new generation of Iranian developers and startups.

At least 35 companies offering high tech communications and software development tools have blocked their products (at least 61 items) from domestic use in Iran, according to research carried out by CHRI and ASL 19.

“Barring Iranian users from these tools and services that companies make available to everyone else around the world is not sanctions compliance; it’s voluntary and arbitrary behavior that is discriminatory,” said Ali Bangi, the Co-Director of ASL19.

“We have reminded tech companies again and again that their over-compliance with sanctions not only goes beyond the scope of the law, but also violates fundamental human rights and freedom of speech,” Bangi, added.

This access has been denied even though the U.S. Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) explicitly exempted personal communications tools and services from sanctions against Iran, allowing Iranians to purchase software, mobile applications, cell phone hardware, personal computers, and others services under General License D-1 in February 2013.

much more @ link

Well, Doc, NR, if you guys really concerned about human rights in Iran, you know where to start.

Unbiased info here 2B found

since day one you have stridently maintained that a) the Iranian government is legit b) western meddling in middle eastern affairs is immoral and wrong and c) all western tech is a tool of the government

now you are demanding the exact opposite ?

colour me confused.

Still saying a) + b) + c) .. all valid as B4

Iranian government is legit
because "vast majority" of Iranian want them .. vast majority of Iranians not the Gucci crowed you see on TV (they probably 1-2% of population)

Western meddling in middle eastern affairs is immoral and wrong
in the sense that it "inhibits", delays, the natural evolution that happen over the time .. West should pull back and let chips fall where they may .. at the end things will work out.

All western tech is a tool of the government
in the sense that "officially" US government (Obama administration) gave the shine US with Iranian people, but, in reality (Trump now coming out of closet) it ain't so .. American Tech companies have not got the green light to deal with Iran (otherwise they have to be id*ots to neglect that big market) .. European banks too not ready to deal with Iran after paying 10s of Billions of Dollars penalty, they don't want to risk, and, Trump has validated their caution.

noddy

Post by noddy »

you cant technically seperate
“Iranians not only face internet censorship and hacking from their government,
these restrictions have impeded Iranians’ access to information, directly endangered the security of journalists, activists and students in the country who face covert state monitoring and hacking,
from the rest of the pig - you get none of it or you get all of it.

its either big time meddling, fake news, supporting radicals etc or its a tech ban.

you cant have it both ways, its technically impossible, its all the same thing.

also,
you cant make the americans responsible for iranian free speech, that is such a crazy concept i cant even begin to understand what goes on in his head.

the iranians have every bit as much free speech as their government lets them have ?
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Well, this mod does not care about elsewhere, but on this forum discussion about Iran goes in the the Iran thread.

I've repeatedly requested this now,
so next incident, a time out ban.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote:

Well, this mod does not care about elsewhere, but on this forum discussion about Iran goes in the the Iran thread.

I've repeatedly requested this now, so next incident, a time out ban.

CS, agree, when things about Iran, it should go into Iran thread

But, the heart my above post is to show America's "human right" BlaBla juts political propaganda .. America bashing Iranian woman not allowed in football stadiums, when at the same time banning all software tools Iranians needs to bring their message to Iranian woman and and.

This no news as such, as all America's face-off with Iran a Zionist conspiracy to damage American foreign policy in all that space.

But, this news even more important about America's PR about human rights in China and Russia

In that sense, I thought this belongs in American foreign policy thread

Typhoon

Re: Iran

Post by Typhoon »

No.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Doc

Post by Doc »

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wir ... s-46916010
Iran's Mahmoud Ahmadinejad disqualified from presidential election

By nasser karimi and adam schreck, associated press

TEHRAN, Iran — Apr 20, 2017, 4:57 PM ET
How can Ahmadinejad be disqualified? He was already Iran's president once? Didn't anyone notice he was not qualified when he was president before?

Anyway I am going to watch some real history tonight -- 300 trojans.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Post by Doc »

http://www.breitbart.com/national-secur ... omy-tests/
Iran Arrests More Than 30 ‘Gay’ Men, Will Subject Them to ‘Sodomy Tests’
Reuters

by Adelle Nazarian21 Apr 20170

Iran arrested more than thirty men between the ages of 16 and 30 at a private party in Isfahan last week, all of whom are suspected of being homosexuals.

According to the Jerusalem Post, authorities raided the party in Iran’s Bahadoran District and fired their guns while seizing the men.

Canada-based non-profit Iranian Railroad for Queer Refugees (IRQR) reported that the men were arrested and charged with sodomy, drinking alcohol, and using psychedelic drugs. IRQR reported that the men will also “be sent to Esfahan’s Medical Jurisprudence department for anal examination in order to provide evidence of homosexual acts to the court.”
Breitbart News reported that since the Islamic Revolution of 1979, the Iranian regime has executed more than 4,000 LGBT people.

In 2007, former Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said, “In Iran, we don’t have homosexuals like in your country. We don’t have that in our country. In Iran, we do not have this phenomenon. I don’t know who’s told you that we have it.”
Hard to understand why the mad mullahs disqualified Ahmadinejad for the election. :roll:
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote:http://www.breitbart.com/national-secur ... omy-tests/
Iran Arrests More Than 30 ‘Gay’ Men, Will Subject Them to ‘Sodomy Tests’
Reuters

by Adelle Nazarian21 Apr 20170

Iran arrested more than thirty men between the ages of 16 and 30 at a private party in Isfahan last week, all of whom are suspected of being homosexuals.

According to the Jerusalem Post, authorities raided the party in Iran’s Bahadoran District and fired their guns while seizing the men.

Canada-based non-profit Iranian Railroad for Queer Refugees (IRQR) reported that the men were arrested and charged with sodomy, drinking alcohol, and using psychedelic drugs. IRQR reported that the men will also “be sent to Esfahan’s Medical Jurisprudence department for anal examination in order to provide evidence of homosexual acts to the court.”
Breitbart News reported that since the Islamic Revolution of 1979, the Iranian regime has executed more than 4,000 LGBT people.

In 2007, former Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said, “In Iran, we don’t have homosexuals like in your country. We don’t have that in our country. In Iran, we do not have this phenomenon. I don’t know who’s told you that we have it.”
Hard to understand why the mad mullahs disqualified Ahmadinejad for the election. :roll:

Nazarian is Zionist agent on a mission to feed Joe with rubbish

Don't read Breitbart .. rubbish

NYT, WP, Spiegel, Haaretz, Guardian, WSJ , CSM , FAZ, NZZ the way to go .. do they report such a thing ? NO

Can't be, many mad mullahs gay or Bi , well known

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:NYT, WP, Spiegel, Haaretz, Guardian, WSJ , CSM , FAZ, NZZ the way to go .. do they report such a thing ? NO
All these outlets, FAKE NEWS, all reported Hillary would win, 92%, all say Putin "hacked" election (rubbish) and print lies all day long. Recently, Steve Bannon would be fired. Bannon still happy at work.

The reason you lose every debate and lose every election is because you read these newspapers. You should watch this.

9MRQlC9wnok
Censorship isn't necessary
Heracleum Persicum

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Heracleum Persicum wrote:NYT, WP, Spiegel, Haaretz, Guardian, WSJ , CSM , FAZ, NZZ the way to go .. do they report such a thing ? NO

All these outlets, FAKE NEWS, all reported Hillary would win, 92%, all say Putin "hacked" election (rubbish) and print lies all day long. Recently, Steve Bannon would be fired. Bannon still happy at work.

The reason you lose every debate and lose every election is because you read these newspapers. You should watch this.

9MRQlC9wnok

Well, my friend Mr. Perfect, you just won the US Powerball lottery.

Loooooove it

He basically sayin what Azari saying since Vietnam War .. dot for dot

OK .. you got Azari

How do you watch "The Jummy Dore Show" ? .. in uTube ? .. must subscribe to his channel ?

Cancelling my NYT digital subscription

eom :lol:

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Azari, no problem. Always keep in mind, I'm looking out for your interest. Watch Jimmy Dore, on YouTube, and soon you'll wonder why you ever read those others. Keep in mind, he's liberal bias but I picked news source you could accept. Once you are fluent in Jimmy Dore, then other real news to follow.

Remember, the reason I've always won every debate in these forums is I have the best information.
Censorship isn't necessary
noddy

Post by noddy »

the commentary i read the other day suggested dinnerjacket got disqualified to avoid wedging the conservative vote and letting the seculars win.

their are many ways to pluck the gerrymandered chicken.
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote:.

Maybe we should start an ugly woman thread :D

Female Iranian archer taking part in the 24th nomadic culture and sports festival held in the East Azerbaijan province on May 6, 2017.jpg
Female Iranian archer taking part in the 24th nomadic culture and sports festival held in the East Azerbaijan province on May 6, 2017.jpg (21.37 KiB) Viewed 3751 times

Come on
Doc
Come on

:D

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Al Jaaz | Taming a theocracy: Lessons from Iran's election
In a spectacular show of the democratic will of a nation against the entrenched theocratic institutions of a state, the overwhelming majority of Iranians have voted Hassan Rouhani back to office to continue with his snail-pace transformation of the Islamic republic from a deeply ideological bastion of militant Islamism into a major regional cornerstone of economic neoliberalism.
Heracleum Persicum

Trump’s Saudi Arabia Trip
‘Just a Show’

“Mr. Trump arrived in the region at the time when he saw 45 million Iranians participating in the elections,” Mr. Rouhani said. “Then he visited a country that I doubt knows the definition of elections. The poor things have never seen a ballot box.
:lol: :lol: .. true

Look, folks , here a prime example of American foreign policy disasters .. America always sides with the loser .. who the f*ck are these Sheikhs ?

YMix

Post by YMix »

Enter the deal just signed between China’s CITIC and a consortium of Iranian banks worth $10 billion in loans.

Enter as well a BRI-related railway modernization drive, with Beijing providing $1.5 billion to electrify the Tehran-Mashhad trunk line, and another $1.8 billion for a high-speed rail linking Tehran, Qom and Isfahan.

These upgrades fit into two BRI vectors; to increase China’s trade/connectivity not only with Iran – all the way to the port of Bandar Abbas near the Strait of Hormuz – but also with Turkey. Freight trains ideally should be running non-stop between Xinjiang and Istanbul as early as 2020.

That should be no mean achievement. Iran is the key connectivity link in routes through both Central Asia and the Caucasus. A key proposed route runs from Xinjiang to Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Iran and southeast Turkey. China South Corporation (CSR) – the world’s largest manufacturer of locomotives – expects the whole finished high-speed rail link to cost around $150 billion.

Austria, Denmark and Italy, as well as Japan, are about to clinch as much as $30 billion in deals with Iran. Europeans are back in the Iranian market with a bang. Mercedes-Benz has signed a contract with Iran Khodro to distribute its trucks.

Ha Yung-ku, chairman of the Korea Federation of Banks (KFB), and Kourosh Parvizian, head of Iran’s Association of Private Banks (IAPB), signed a banking deal that – crucially – expands trade in their own currencies, bypassing the US dollar.
The train rolls on, despite Bibi and Trump's barking.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Condolences to those affected by the 7.3 ML earthquake in Iran and Iraq.

Al Jaz | Thousands of homeless out in the cold after Iran quake
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote:.

Condolences to those affected by the 7.3 ML earthquake in Iran and Iraq.

Al Jaz | Thousands of homeless out in the cold after Iran quake

Yes, so many children killed .. I am crying :cry: :cry: :cry:

You can not imagine how sad I am.

http://www.payvand.com/news/17/nov/1055.html

quake-damage-deaths-Sarpol-e-Zahab-Iran-1.jpg
quake-damage-deaths-Sarpol-e-Zahab-Iran-1.jpg (136.93 KiB) Viewed 3563 times

noddy

Post by noddy »

sad thing indeed.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

My condolences also.

As a friend, who was a builder, now deceased, used to say "Mother Nature is the great leveler."