Iran

Heracleum Persicum

Re: Iran

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Heracleum Persicum

http://www.payvand.com/news/15/apr/1153.html

White Marriage refers to the cohabitation of a man and a woman who are not legally married.

Recent reports indicate that Iranian youth are less and less interested in getting married and more inclined to enter common law marriage arrangements.

HAL 10000

Post by HAL 10000 »

A few years ago, two former Muslim Iranian women converted to Christianity, and they were immediately arrested and sent to the notorious Evin prison in Iran. They were sentenced to death for the crime of abandoning Islam, which is illegal and punishable by death according to the Islamic law. But due to the strong international complaints and diplomatic pressure, they were finally allowed to immigrate to the United States.

Here is an interview with the two former Muslim women from Iran, who converted to Christianity. They describe how badly they were treated and how the Iranian government cracks down on Christian activities in Iran. It is illegal to advertise about Christianity in Iran. Secret home churches are used illegally to avoid the police.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_WQyYYw864

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRR-X6EnNbs

This shows that HP's claims that there is religious freedom in Iran, are only true in the relative sense: Shiite Iran is definitely less bad than the Sunni Arab countries, and if I were in a Sunni Arab country I would beg to be in Iran, but these are all relative considerations. When the chips are down, there is severe crackdown for abandoning Islam in Iran.
The name HAL is derived from "Heuristically Programmed ALgorithmic Computer." HAL 10000 is the new generation computer destined to become the successor to HAL 9000, as suggested in Arthur C. Clarke's book.
Doc

Post by Doc »

HAL 10000 wrote:A few years ago, two former Muslim Iranian women converted to Christianity, and they were immediately arrested and sent to the notorious Evin prison in Iran. They were sentenced to death for the crime of abandoning Islam, which is illegal and punishable by death according to the Islamic law. But due to the strong international complaints and diplomatic pressure, they were finally allowed to immigrate to the United States.

Here is an interview with the two former Muslim women from Iran, who converted to Christianity. They describe how badly they were treated and how the Iranian government cracks down on Christian activities in Iran. It is illegal to advertise about Christianity in Iran. Secret home churches are used illegally to avoid the police.

D_WQyYYw864

WRR-X6EnNbs

This shows that HP's claims that there is religious freedom in Iran, are only true in the relative sense: Shiite Iran is definitely less bad than the Sunni Arab countries, and if I were in a Sunni Arab country I would beg to be in Iran, but these are all relative considerations. When the chips are down, there is severe crackdown for abandoning Islam in Iran.
Fixed the youtube links for you Hal. You have to remove everything on the left from http thru the "="
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Endovelico

Iranian Cartoon

Post by Endovelico »

The evolution of ISIS
Alexis

Re: Iranian Cartoon

Post by Alexis »

Endovelico wrote:The evolution of ISIS
Last time I checked, Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab was a 18th century scholar of Nejd (central Arabia) who founded a new religion.... sorry a sect.... sorry I meant a new interpretation (I think that's PC enough) of Islam known as Wahhabism.

Do we have new information on him? Was he in fact a CIA agent? :mrgreen:

Or even... I shudder to think... a Jew? :o
Heracleum Persicum

Doc

How about a first annual draw the Iranian parliment contest?

Post by Doc »

I wonder how many times she will be raped..er "married" off in prison?
Iranian artist draws 12-year-plus prison sentence for cartoons ridiculing parliament

By Lisa Daftari
·Published June 02, 2015

Atena Farghadani is facing a dozen years behind bars for drawing cartoons. (Justice for Iran)

An Iranian artist was sentenced to more than 12 years in prison for drawing a cartoon disparaging members of parliament over their decision to restrict birth control for women.

Atena Farghadani, 28, had what Iran considers a trial in Tehran’s Revolutionary Court on May 19 and learned on Monday of the verdict and sentence. She was charged with “insulting members of parliament through paintings” for drawing the officials as animals, according to Amnesty International.

While she was sentenced to 12 years and 9 months, one source said she could be legally imprisoned only for 7 years and 6 months. The family reportedly plans to appeal.

"Naturally we are all upset by the sentence," said one family member. "But seeing how optimistic Atena has been, we are trying to maintain that outlook, too."

“She’s truly an angel,” a relative of Farghadani told FoxNews.com on condition of anonymity. “She just loves people and animals, and besides for all her artistic talent, she is such a strong supporter of human rights.”

“I hope Atena's case is a wake up call for the international community and that they put the human rights on top of the agenda in their dialogue with the Iranian authorities.”

- Mahmood Amiry-Moghaddam, Iran Human Rights

Farghadani’s family has received threats, which the source said is “just another way of putting pressure on Atena and making sure no one speaks to the media.”

“It’s crazy to think her name spread as a result of a cartoon, because she has done so many wonderful things to help humanity, doing things quietly and not wanting credit,” he said.

Last August, Revolutionary Guards raided Farghadani’s home and blindfolded her, confiscated her personal belongings and imprisoned her, according to Amnesty International.

In November, she was released for a short period of time, but was called back by authorities six weeks later after she was accused of publicly discussing the torture and beatings she allegedly endured by prison guards, including posting a YouTube video describing her brutal treatment, according to the Human Rights Activist News Agency.

Farghadani posted an open letter to Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamenei to her Facebook page when she was called back to court:

“What you call an “insult to representatives of the parliament by means of cartoons” I consider to be an artistic expression of the home of our nation (parliament), which our nation does not deserve! I, therefore, must pay retribution for defending my beloved defenseless people.”

She has since been held in solitary confinement at Tehran’s Evin prison, where reports indicate she was hospitalized in February after she spent three weeks on hunger strike and suffered a heart attack.

Farghadani’s family visits the prison weekly, the family member said.

“Atena is a prisoner of conscience – she has committed no real crime,” Amnesty International said in a statement. “She is being unfairly punished simply for exercising her right to free speech, association and assembly. We've been calling on Iran's Supreme Leader and Head of the Judiciary to release Atena immediately. If not, we'll continue to fight for her freedom.”

Judge Abolghassem Salavati, the judge handling her case, is notoriously known as the “Iran’s hanging judge” or the “judge of death” for sending handing over numerous death penalty sentences, particularly against journalists, bloggers, artists and political activists in arrests made in and around Iran’s Green Revolution in 2009.

Salavati is also the judge handling American Washington Post journalist Jason Rezaian’s case.

Since the beginning of 2015, at least 400 prisoners have been executed in Iran, according to the Iran Human Rights group.

"Unfortunately, it is not surprising for Iran Human Rights that the Iranian authorities put people in jail for expressing their opinion,” said Mahmood Amiry-Moghaddam, founder of the Norwegian-based Iran Human Rights. “I hope Atena's case is a wake up call for the international community and that they put the human rights on top of the agenda in their dialogue with the Iranian authorities.”

Farghadani, like many other cartoonists around the world are being targeted for criticizing or ridiculing public or religious figures.

A new report by the Committee to Project Journalists (CPJ) points to an increase in threats launched against cartoonists in response to their work, an issue highlighted by the Paris attacks on Charile Hebdo four months ago.

Earlier this month, two gunmen were killed before they were able to bust into the American Freedom Defense Initiative’s “Jihad Watch Muhammad Art Exhibit and Cartoon Contest” in Garland, Texas.

Ironically, the regime in Iran hosts its own broadly publicized political cartoon contests with controversial themes including an annual Holocaust cartoon contest and more recently about the Islamic State, while harshly condemning international cartoons depicting the Prophet Muhammad.
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/06/02 ... arliament/
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Doc, FOX news is for losers

Better read BLOOMBERG

Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Iranian artist sentenced to 12 years in prison
Atena Farghadani punished after depicting politicians as animals
Any country wherein the politicians cannot be mocked has yet to grow up.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Endovelico wrote:Image
The evolution of ISIS
It would be funnier if Daesh didn't use weapons and vehicles made in the USA.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Heracleum Persicum

YMix wrote:
Endovelico wrote:Image
The evolution of ISIS

It would be funnier if Daesh didn't use weapons and vehicles made in the USA.

Even their uniforms seems 2B from Pentagon :lol:

Look, to untrained eye, DAESH looks like made to counter Iran .. but .. in reality DAESH a western plan to overthrow the Amirs and Sheiks and kings .. Amirs and Kings and Sheiks, traditionally, are "British" puppets .. now that Brits are disappearing from world power game, America & Europeans bringing in "new status" in that space .. Turkey, Iran, Russia, China, Europe replacing Brits and America .. Amirs and Sheiks and Kings gotto go

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:but .. in reality DAESH a western plan to overthrow the Amirs and Sheiks and kings .. Amirs and Kings and Sheiks, traditionally, are "British" puppets .. now that Brits are disappearing from world power game, America & Europeans bringing in "new status" in that space .. Turkey, Iran, Russia, China, Europe replacing Brits and America .. Amirs and Sheiks and Kings gotto go
Heracleum Persicum

Alexis wrote:
Heracleum Persicum wrote:but .. in reality DAESH a western plan to overthrow the Amirs and Sheiks and kings .. Amirs and Kings and Sheiks, traditionally, are "British" puppets .. now that Brits are disappearing from world power game, America & Europeans bringing in "new status" in that space .. Turkey, Iran, Russia, China, Europe replacing Brits and America .. Amirs and Sheiks and Kings gotto go

t1LWYZtb2Pc

and watch this :

D0qvAJvQq8I

:lol: :lol: .. "Alexis", you get it ? ? ? .. Brits created Kuwait and those other monkeys .. but, the most funny one is this one.

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum

Colonel, don't be fooled

Journalist in prison a testament for "free press" .. shows journalist do not observe "self sensor" but
rather write things crossing "red lines"

In West, journalist observe "self sensor", keeping clear of the "red lines", hence no journalist in jail.

Notion, in West, Journalist can say and write anything they wish, follin Joe .. Mosche, isn't it so ? ? :lol:

Heracleum Persicum

Heracleum Persicum

Heracleum Persicum

VmU060kI-xs
Heracleum Persicum

The "Russia-China-Iran" Axes

S-300

From all accounts, Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif had a highly successful visit to Moscow on Monday. The single biggest outcome of his talks with his Russian counterpart Sergey Lavrov should be the signing of the contract for the delivery of upgraded S-300 missiles by Russia to Iran.

The official Russian media reported that the delivery of the missile systems will take place 30-40 days after the signing of the agreement in Moscow (which is expected to be on Aug. 25.)

There is much political symbolism here insofar as Moscow is plainly mocking at the timeline of the US Congress’s approval/disapproval of the Iran nuclear deal will be mid-September. Clearly, as far as Moscow is concerned, Iran’s integration with the world community is deemed to have happened already.

Of course, the S-300 is not covered by any sanctions, since it is categorized as a “defensive” weapon. Nonetheless, the White House has protested. And, to be sure, this time around Moscow will ignore the protest.

Without doubt, Russia is asserting its determination to strengthen its strategic ties with Iran. Even after the sanctions are removed, no western power is likely to step forward to supply sophisticated weapons to Iran for a foreseeable future. Russia’s standing as the number one supplier of military technology to Iran is virtually guaranteed.

The American and Israeli experts have admitted that the S-300 will be a game changer in the strategic balance in the Middle East, since it is a formidable weapon that will make an air attack on Iran very prohibitively expensive. In political terms, therefore, what Russia is doing is to provide an underpinning for Iran’s ‘strategic autonomy’, which Moscow no doubt sees as in its self-interests too in the prevailing geopolitical scenario in the region.

Iran’s ‘strategic autonomy’ has big implications for its capacity to withstand the pressure from the US and its regional allies and play an effective role in Syria and Iraq, where Moscow and Tehran have cooperated closely. The recent Iranian statements have comprehensively debunked the whispering campaign in the western and Arab media that Tehran is disengaging from Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. On the contrary, the indications are that Iran is probably stepping up its support of the Assad regime against the backdrop of the US intention to commence air strikes in Syria.

At a joint press conference with Zarif following the talks, Lavrov mentioned that the two countries shared “convergent views” regarding Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Afghanistan and Libya insofar as they “advocate settling the issues in these countries through national dialogue without external interference or imposing any formulas” – an open rejection of the US’ prescriptive approach.

All in all, therefore, S-300 deal also provides a barometer to take the temperature of the Russian-American ties. From the latest reading, the temperature is hovering around sub-zero level.

But that is not the whole story. The fact remains that China is also waiting in the wings. A commentary in the government-owned China Daily on Monday was the latest report speculating on a deal in the pipeline for the supply by China of the J-10 multi-role fighter jet to Iran. The report suggested that not only is the J-10 a “good option for Iran … capable of performing air-to-surface strikes and anti-ship strikes” but “China is also very flexible in payment issues” and “it is highly possible that Chinese aviation industry will transfer technology used on the J-10 to buyers.”

Other reports had mentioned that China and Iran are discussing a deal for the supply of 150 of the J-10 fighter jets. Curiously, an earlier report featured by People’s Daily last week mentioned that China and Russia would pursue a coordinated strategy “to give Iran’s armed forces a boost” by way of hitting back at the US for its containment strategies against them. To be sure, the big question today is whether the delivery of the S-300 system by end-September is tantamount to an opening Sino-Russian salvo of its kind being fired from Moscow aimed at Washington, with Beijing preparing to follow up soon.

How will that change US/Israel relations ?

:)