Who said it? Not so famous quotes from famous people

Past and present. You can't make this stuff up.
Doc

Who said it? Not so famous quotes from famous people

Post by Doc »

Let no one say that every individual is free to draw the consequences from an actual or
supposed injustice; in other words, to leave his job. No ! This is shadow-boxing and must be
regarded as an attempt to divert attention. Either the elimination of bad, unsocial conditions
serves the interest of the nation or it does not. If it does, the struggle against then must be
carried on with weapons which offer the hope of success. The individual worker, however, is
never in a position to defend himself against the power of the great industrialist, for in such
matters it cannot be superior justice that conquers (if that were recognized, the whole struggle
would stop from lack of cause)-no, what matters here is superior power. Otherwise the sense of
justice alone would bring the struggle to a fair conclusion, or, more accurately speaking, the
struggle could never arise
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Re: Who said it? Not so famous quotes from famous people

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

I'd say....... Godwin, a little past the middle of this epigraph......'>.......
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote:
Let no one say that every individual is free to draw the consequences from an actual or
supposed injustice; in other words, to leave his job. No ! This is shadow-boxing and must be
regarded as an attempt to divert attention. Either the elimination of bad, unsocial conditions
serves the interest of the nation or it does not. If it does, the struggle against then must be
carried on with weapons which offer the hope of success. The individual worker, however, is
never in a position to defend himself against the power of the great industrialist, for in such
matters it cannot be superior justice that conquers (if that were recognized, the whole struggle
would stop from lack of cause)-no, what matters here is superior power. Otherwise the sense of
justice alone would bring the struggle to a fair conclusion, or, more accurately speaking, the
struggle could never arise

sounds like the LP version of Flip Wilson saying "The devil made me do it!"
Doc

Post by Doc »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:I'd say....... Godwin, a little past the middle of this epigraph......'>.......
Yes indeed. Next one will be tougher
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

"It's gonna be a hell of a heaven when all these hypocrites get there!"
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote:"It's gonna be a hell of a heaven when all these hypocrites get there!"
John Wayne? :D
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:"It's gonna be a hell of a heaven when all these hypocrites get there!"
John Wayne? :D
Pope Pius III ;)