Do We need another condundrum?........

Past and present. You can't make this stuff up.
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Do We need another condundrum?........

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

Well here 'tis. Ordinary, unassuming six-year olds meets a similar child from a rather earnest Evangelical Christian Family. Teacher asks an innocuous question and Santa is involved - sheer fun and hilarity for the entire family this holiday season....'>>........
“Are you a believer?”

If you asked me that question, my immediate response would be a resounding “yes.” I’ve been a “believer” since age 16. Although, I would have automatically assumed you were talking about believing in Christ.

But when a teacher recently asked her class of six year olds about their beliefs, she was definitely not talking about Christianity. It all started while reading a Christmas book aloud when she posed the question of “believing” to the class.

Unfortunately, six-year-old Joy answered honestly: ”No.”

She explained that in her family they celebrate Jesus–Santa’s not real. The teacher immediately summoned the first grader for a private conference at her desk (in front of the entire class.) There Joy was reprimanded and told it didn’t matter what was taught at home, there they believed in Santa.
Merry Christmas everyone and enjoy your holidays.......'>>......
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Endovelico

Re: Do We need another condundrum?........

Post by Endovelico »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:Well here 'tis. Ordinary, unassuming six-year olds meets a similar child from a rather earnest Evangelical Christian Family. Teacher asks an innocuous question and Santa is involved - sheer fun and hilarity for the entire family this holiday season....'>>........
“Are you a believer?”

If you asked me that question, my immediate response would be a resounding “yes.” I’ve been a “believer” since age 16. Although, I would have automatically assumed you were talking about believing in Christ.

But when a teacher recently asked her class of six year olds about their beliefs, she was definitely not talking about Christianity. It all started while reading a Christmas book aloud when she posed the question of “believing” to the class.

Unfortunately, six-year-old Joy answered honestly: ”No.”

She explained that in her family they celebrate Jesus–Santa’s not real. The teacher immediately summoned the first grader for a private conference at her desk (in front of the entire class.) There Joy was reprimanded and told it didn’t matter what was taught at home, there they believed in Santa.
Merry Christmas everyone and enjoy your holidays.......'>>......
Well, believing in Jesus, believing in Santa, believing in Leprechauns or believing in the goodness of capitalism, is all part of our irrationality... I believe in our ability to eventually overcome all these silly beliefs... ;)

Merry Natalis Solis Invictus!...

noddy

Post by noddy »

only radical loons believe in the goodness of capitalism, its part of their twisted self obsessed worldview.

the rest of us are under no illusions about perfect systems and just want a flexable system, its not about avoiding bad outcomes its about recovering from them.

as for the miss faucies conundrum, ho ho ho :)
ultracrepidarian
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

noddy wrote:only radical loons believe in the goodness of capitalism, its part of their twisted self obsessed worldview.

the rest of us are under no illusions about perfect systems and just want a flexable system, its not about avoiding bad outcomes its about recovering from them.
Poor people hardly ever have a chance to recover from capitalism's bad outcomes. Once you are socially excluded you remain excluded...or you start shooting capitalist pigs...
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Endovelico wrote:
noddy wrote:only radical loons believe in the goodness of capitalism, its part of their twisted self obsessed worldview.

Poor people hardly ever have a chance to recover from capitalism's bad outcomes. Once you are socially excluded you remain excluded...or you start shooting capitalist pigs...
I disagree. Capitalism has been very rare or absent for some time. The problem is fourfold:

1) substituting debt for capital in a capitalist framework
2) the use of interest to inflate debt (faux capital) which enslaves workers, prevents savings and rewards the nonproductive
3) the paucity of regulation, impotent law enforcement and 'free trade' allowing short term individual greed to overide the common good
4) fractional reserve banking

Instead of capitalism, our economies operate on the principle of "As long as I owe you, you will never be broke". That is not capitalism, and that phrase should be printed prominently on most common currencies.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
noddy

Post by noddy »

zigzackery.

what endo calls capitalism i call fascism, its a totally different system altogether when the government teams up with big business and they protect eachother at the expense of the people.

in endo speak the moment two cooperatives start exchanging goods and then require a token system to keep track of those exchanges all they have achieved is replicating money and free market capitalism.

in free market capitalism europe and portugal would have got the debt reset because all the banks exposed to bad loans would have gone bust and the government wouldnt have stepped in with tax payer money to protect them.

symbols and words.
ultracrepidarian