Feelings, nothing more than feelings, trying to forget my...

Past and present. You can't make this stuff up.
Simple Minded

Feelings, nothing more than feelings, trying to forget my...

Post by Simple Minded »

Finally, someone who knows it really isn't important how others perceive you! It's how you feel that counts!

http://www.kxly.com/news/spokane-news/d ... s/33533026

Did NAACP president lie about her race? City investigates

SPOKANE, Wash. -

The City of Spokane announced Thursday it's investigating whether the president of the Spokane chapter of the NAACP violated the city's code of ethics in her application to serve on the citizen police ombudsman commission.

Rachel Dolezal serves as chair of the independent commission, in addition to her work as an adjunct faculty member at Eastern Washington University and president of the NAACP local chapter. On her application to serve on the commission, she identified herself as African-American. But public records, including Dolezal's own birth certificate, list her biological parents as Ruthanne and Lawrence Dolezal of Montana. The Dolezals told KXLY Thursday that Rachel is their biological daughter and that they are both white.

"We are committed to independent citizen oversight and take very seriously the concerns raised regarding the chair of the independent citizen police ombudsman commission," Mayor David Condon and City Council President Ben Stuckart said it a joint statement Thursday. "We are gathering facts to determine if any city policies related to volunteer boards and commissions have been violated. That information will be reviewed by the City Council, which has oversight of city boards and commissions."

On the NAACP Spokane Facebook page, a picture was posted earlier this year showing Dolezal and an African-American man. In the post, he's identified as Dolezal's father. KXLY4's Jeff Humphrey asked Dolezal about that claim Wednesday afternoon.

"Ma'am, I was wondering if your dad really is an African-American man," Humphrey asked.

"I don't understand the question," Dolezal answered. "I did tell you [that man in the picture] is my dad."
"Are your parents white?" Humphrey asked. At that point, Dolezal removed the microphone, ended the interview and walked away.

KXLY4 was interviewing Dolezal Wednesday about several hate crimes she's reported over the last several years. Most recently, Dolezal said she received a packet of hateful letters and pictures at the NAACP post office box in North Spokane. That crime led to rallies of support outside Spokane City Hall.

Police are still investigating, but say in reports that whoever placed the mail must have had access to the box, as it was not processed through the regular mail. Dolezal denied any implication that she was responsible.

Dolezal says she's been the victim of eight documented hate crimes in Idaho; a public records request filed by KXLY yielded just three reports. Each was closed by police because of insufficient evidence to prosecute.
Nonc Hilaire

Re: Feelings, nothing more than feelings, trying to forget m

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

I think her Dad was Sideshow Bob.

“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
noddy

Post by noddy »

im a hot perverted lesbian chicky trapped in a ugly mans body, you cant imagine my sufferings.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:im a hot perverted lesbian chicky trapped in a ugly mans body, you cant imagine my sufferings.
Speaking on the behalf of lesbians everywhere, we can imagine your sufferings, many of us even share your feelings, but we're still not interested..........

Apathy is the key to being successfully empathetic....... sorry. :(
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

http://seattle.cbslocal.com/2015/06/15/ ... l-dolezal/

Best resignation statement ever!

Dolezal’s statement reads, “While challenging the construct of race is at the core of evolving human consciousness, we can NOT afford to lose sight of the five Game Changers (Criminal Justice & Public Safety, Health & Healthcare, Education, Economic Sustainability, and Voting Rights & Political Representation) that affect millions, often with a life or death outcome. The movement is larger than a moment in time or a single person’s story, and I hope that everyone offers their robust support of the Journey for Justice campaign that the NAACP launches today!

“It is with complete allegiance to the cause of racial and social justice and the NAACP that I step aside from the Presidency and pass the baton to my Vice President, Naima Quarles-Burnley. It is my hope that by securing a beautiful office for the organization in the heart of downtown, bringing the local branch into financial compliance, catalyzing committees to do strategic work in the five Game Changer issues, launching community forums, putting the membership on a fast climb, and helping many individuals find the legal, financial and practical support needed to fight race-based discrimination, I have positioned the Spokane NAACP to buttress this transition.”

The statement continued: “Please know I will never stop fighting for human rights and will do everything in my power to help and assist, whether it means stepping up or stepping down, because this is not about me. It’s about justice. This is not me quitting; this is a continuum. It’s about moving the cause of human rights and the Black Liberation Movement along the continuum from Resistance to Chattel Slavery to Abolition to Defiance of Jim Crow to the building of Black Wall Street to the Civil Rights and Black Power Movement to the ‪#‎BlackLivesMatter‬ movement and into a future of self-determination and empowerment.”

Lots of subtleties, subtitles, and identity politics at play in this case. It will be interesting to see who supports her, and who crucifies her. If she plays it right, she is financially set for life in terms of speaker fees, books, and maybe even a movie.

Hopefully she will get the help/support that she needs, so that noddy & I can also get the help/support that we need.

I have long thought that I am an amazingly intelligent intellect trapped in a stupid person's body. :(

I think tolerance may be the only cure..... :)
YMix

Post by YMix »

“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Dolezal has a schizoid personality disorder. This is not that uncommon or dangerous. She seems to have done her job well, but her self-image is distorted.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Teresa of Ávila
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:Image
John Boehner's sister?
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

The beautiful aspect of this situation is it exposes (no pun intended) all the different shades of black (pun intended) and illustrates the current zeitgeist.

Black as race, black as culture, black as political ideology, black as a chosen mode of behavior, white guilt, black oppression, prejudice, reverse prejudice, wishing one's group identity was different from one's personal reality, etc. "If only I was ________."

If Al Sharpton can claim that Clarence Thomas is not black, than who can say what "black" is? No one can define their own identity, only the observer!

It seems so beautifully crafted for the MSM & talking heads. She may not be disturbed, she may be a genius with an early retirement plan. She could line up a legion of PC/activist lawyers and spend decades suing everyone in sight.

What if inside of every black person, there is a really a white person who doesn't want to be white, trying to get out? :shock: :?

Acting out one's Teenage rebellion in one's late 30's! Bi-Rachael is an icon of sensitivity and political correctness, and "Screw you! This is America! No one cand define me but me!"

Spend years pretending you are something you're not...... there is only one logical career path........... Rachael Dolezal for POTUS!
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Simple Minded wrote:
Nonc Hilaire wrote:Image
John Boehner's sister?
Maybe. Bohner has been trying to pass as a conservative for decades.

Teresa of Ávila
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

OMG! I was just kidding when I wondered "what if inside every black person is a white person trying to get out that does not want to be white." Kinda makes me wonder what I am..... really....?

what if noddy is really Strian, not Stralian?

yet another great good data point that self-identity is cultural and self-chosen, not genetic.

I guess the only solution to this epidemic is to start asking everyone for ID..... or require everyone to have a tattoo on their forehead that denotes their genealogy/ideology....

Verda Byrd recently found out after seven decades of living as a black woman that she was born to white parents.

Although some may see the situation as vaguely similar to that of Rachel Dolezal, who was recently outed as white by her white parents after almost a decade of passing as a black woman, Byrd is vehement that it is not the same, getting in twist everytime the disgraced former Spokane, Washington state NAACP leader's name is mentioned, KHOU reports.

She lied about her race," Byrd said. "I didn't lie about my race because I didn't know."

Byrd, who was born to people she described as white transients in September 1942 was adopted after her biological father, Earl Beagle walked out on his family. Daisy Beagle, her biological mother, had five children to feed, but the single mom soon fell 30 feet to the ground in a trolley accident and the state of Missouri, where they lived at the time, took the children as she was not in the condition to care for them.

That was how little Jeanette Beagle was adopted by a well-off black family from Newton, Kan. Ray and Edwinna Wagner changed the child's name to Verda, the news station notes, and there began Byrd's life as a black person. She was raised as a light skinned black child, living in comfort on her father's salary as a railroad porter, as the only child.

"My adoptive mother, Edwinna Wagner, never told me that she had adopted a white baby," Byrd told the news station. "She took it to her grave that she had a white daughter."

Although Edwinna Wagner eventually revealed the adoption, she didn't share any other details.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/black- ... ar-AAbZYFS