JFK Assassination Records - 2017 Partial Release

Past and present. You can't make this stuff up.
Typhoon

JFK Assassination Records - 2017 Partial Release

Post by Typhoon »

US National Archives | JFK Assassination Records - 2017 Additional Documents Release

The fact that some documents were not released, after lobbying by US govt agencies, will certainly add fuel to the fire of conspiracy theorists.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
YMix

Re: JFK Assassination Records - 2017 Partial Release

Post by YMix »

Among the unreleased documents are selfies taken by the killers on Grassy Knoll.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

When you consider this sorry episode consists of one, then two, disgruntled individuals, a failure in security and the hubris and egotism of the main character - you won't find much there. You will find some three-letter agencies with sullied reputations, so that'll have to be black-lined.......'>......

She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Reason | For Heaven's Sake, Just Release the Rest of the JFK Files
"They have only had 25 years to get ready."
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Allowing the deep state to temporarily hold back a few documents for a bit is fine. We now know definitively that there were at least two shooters forming a crossfire and a government cover-up. A proven conspiracy by definition, we Have castrated the CIA ad hominem 'conspiracy theory".

Everybody wants to know what and who, but the real question is why. By seperating out the documents, the deep state has marked them as damaging in the present, and that adds value to the analysis.

The complete story will never come out, but withholding a few will encourage deeper investigation and now Trump knows which documents the deep state is most concerned about. I think we will learn more this way than if everything was dumped on the table at once.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

...and the President has tweeted out that the rest of the files are to be released immediately, "ahead of schedule." The only things to be redacted will be the names and addresses of the living.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Let's see:

-The anti-Castro Cuban militias/ops were dissatisfied with Kennedy. Extending it out, the Italian and Jewish mafias were as well.

-Castro asked Kennedy to help him get rid of the Jewish people in Cuba.

-Suddenly, the anti-Castro squads get funding from Jewish mobsters.

-They get the a-o-kay from unnamed "Texas politicians"-- which leads to....

-LBJ, who the Soviets claim to have evidence of his involvement by Sept.19th of 1965. He was dissatisfied with Kennedy, with his Vietnam/Cuban policies, and stood to make money off the ramping up of arms.

-Contrarily, LBJ is a weak link here. He seemed convinced it was the Vietnamese.

-Similarly, Soviet response was all over the map. They were convinced it was a grand right-wing conspiracy with LBJ at its head.

-Oswald and Jack Ruby were indeed communists. But Oswald still may have been a CIA asset of some kind. The issue just so happens to be raised on papers cut off and not published.

-Even if he wasn't, multiple sources suggest that he had his hand in both pro-Castro and anti-Castro groups in the Dallas area. His wife, it is claimed, was KGB or defected KGB as they are pretty sure she broke off contact when she emigrated. Alternatively (or concurrently?) she was a prostitute. In the FBI portions, they throw around the idea that the wife may have pressured or activated Oswald for the task.

-There are lots of mysteries about Oswald's Mexico visits; from what I gather, the case against Oswald had some real shaky foundations in parts and this was one of them. Some of the "Oswald" calls to the Russian embassy may not have been him.

-The Dallas Police were definitely in on the "Texas politicians" agreement. There were likely two shooters, with one getting away and possibly catching a mysterious flight to Cuba hours after the shooting. Skipping ahead a bit; someone called the FBI and told them Oswald will be shot-- the FBI then spoke with Dallas police who assured them they will be extra careful with the prisoner...oops!

-They beat around the bush, but the CIA was well aware of Oswald in Mexico, was eavesdropping on his conversations, and to put the pieces together may have known about the plot to take aim at Kennedy or received that information from the KGB.

...and they all sat on their hands as it would be imprudent to let a President who wished to scatter the CIA to the wind remain in the oval office.

-So the great scramble to focus on one narrative avenue and shut down any other possibilities as quickly as possible. Lots of pages about making sure those in the know keep their mouths shut, or watching JFK-conspiracy groups awful closely and reporting on their theories.

-Even more sinisterly, and I wish I could find it now, was that self-criticism in '73 that the CIA has so infiltrated American media, churches and NGOs, that it was a threat to American's 1st Amendment Rights.It then went on to complain that something over half the media at some political press conference were either agents or assets....while not spelt out as such, it seems the "Deep State" poured into everything post-assassination and so it was in a real sense, a "coup."

...and I think this last point is something the current President is trying to draw out for the public by making a big deal about this release.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Who knew Red Herrings had 50+ year lifespans?

We truly have too much free time in the first world.

Said as one who assumes no guilt for slavery or Native American massacres that occurred 100+ years before my birth.

Yep, insensitive to the core......
Doc

Post by Doc »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:Allowing the deep state to temporarily hold back a few documents for a bit is fine. We now know definitively that there were at least two shooters forming a crossfire and a government cover-up. A proven conspiracy by definition, we Have castrated the CIA ad hominem 'conspiracy theory".

Everybody wants to know what and who, but the real question is why. By seperating out the documents, the deep state has marked them as damaging in the present, and that adds value to the analysis.
Undoubtedly theya re worried it will effect their budgets. That was honestly what Waco was about. The ATF felt it needed a big show to impress congress on what a good job they were doing. Previously when Koresh got in trouble with the law, the local sheriff knocked on his door a served a warrant. No SWAT team needed.

Much of the time when bad things like the JFK assassination happen it does not have to be an active role in a conspiracy All that has to happen is for the watchers look the other way. Kennedy did say he was going to abolish the CIA, and the mob felt betrayed when Robert Kennedy starting going after them after Joe Kennedy used his mob connections to win the WV primary for his son....

The complete story will never come out, but withholding a few will encourage deeper investigation and now Trump knows which documents the deep state is most concerned about. I think we will learn more this way than if everything was dumped on the table at once.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Lets not forget that JFK also threatened to release the truth about contact with ET's.

MIC was not happy about this at all.......
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I'm not an aficionado, but that was some tough shooting. As such I am open to alternate theories. Seems though that there isn't anything solid and I have no idea why these were locked up for so many decades.
Censorship isn't necessary
NapLajoieonSteroids

Because they lay out the case, at least in what has been provided, that

1)Their case against Oswald--the lone nut-- wasn't solid.

2)The JFK assassination became an excuse to expand the deep state. All our social organizations are now heavily infiltrated and guided; we used to make fun of the Soviets for this sort of behavior.

3)There is a very good chance that at least the CIA learned of the coming assassination and decided to sit on their hands because Kennedy was bad for their business. How many "winners" and "losers" have our IC chosen for us since?

...and the way the Bushes reacted beforehand and the stress of protecting the living-- George H.W. Bush was somehow involved and those photos floating around of the guy in Dallas who looks like him, was probably him. That's why he's the only 30-something year old man who never could remember where he was on that day.

That's not to say he was even involved with the incident. But I'm sure there are a handful of reasons the official story is that Bush only joined the CIA in the 70s when he became director.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Mr. Perfect wrote:I'm not an aficionado, but that was some tough shooting. As such I am open to alternate theories. Seems though that there isn't anything solid and I have no idea why these were locked up for so many decades.
We will probably never know the motive, but we do know the government covered up Kennedy's murder and pulled off a coup in the aftermath.

These were covered up in part because they prove government agencies do engage in seditious activities that are to the detriment of the citizenry and that the rule by law is a fairy tale like George Washington's cherry tree.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila