Over regulated

Past and present. You can't make this stuff up.
Typhoon

Over regulated

Post by Typhoon »

Overlawered | US finally deregulates telegraph service
“The FCC said in a notice it was removing ‘outmoded regulations’ on telegraphs effective in November.” And none too soon: “The last Western Union telegram in the United States was sent in 2006” and the “last major telegram service worldwide ended in India in 2013.”
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
noddy

Re: Overgulated

Post by noddy »

heh :)

now that net neutrality is going away in america, the next round of these messaging controls is getting its strategy together.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:Overlawered | US finally deregulates telegraph service
“The FCC said in a notice it was removing ‘outmoded regulations’ on telegraphs effective in November.” And none too soon: “The last Western Union telegram in the United States was sent in 2006” and the “last major telegram service worldwide ended in India in 2013.”
If I told you how much money I've spent on lobbyists in the last ten years trying to make this happen.....

Now the time for Zack to scream about the evil effects of de-regulation..... imagine the acceleration that will happen in climate change now.......

and Mr. Perfect to do a victory dance about how Trump supports the free market.....
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

Maybe the FCC will deregulate broadcast radio, oh, by the time the internet is so closely monitored and regulated you won't even get a 'darn' out. That would be interesting.....;).......
KUXL the Red Pill station. We know you got that transistor under the pillow, pajama boy. Better keep it there or mama will bust your door in and ripen yer beets fer ya. Prepare to hear something resembling what yer grampy called the truth and hope yer mattress pad is waterproof....'>.......
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
NapLajoieonSteroids

Re: Over regulated

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

I wonder what it would take to set up a telegraph service now, and what uses could there be....

I have one in mind already, which I think could sell...but probably not enough for operating costs.
Typhoon

Re: Over regulated

Post by Typhoon »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:I wonder what it would take to set up a telegraph service now, and what uses could there be....

I have one in mind already, which I think could sell...but probably not enough for operating costs.
A discussion of Morse code in the context of information theory.

Reddit | If Morse is more efficient than binary, why don't we use Morse?

A fun site:

Morse Code Translator

From now on, I shall be known as Dah Dah-di-dah-dah Di-dah-dah-dit Di-di-di-dit Dah-dah-dah Dah-dah-dah Dah-dit
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.