Homelands

Past and present. You can't make this stuff up.
Mr. Perfect

Homelands

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I have had the opportunity as an American of several generations of heritage to visit my native homeland. It effected me more deeply than I ever thought it would.

As an American, we do have and odd situation where everyone is from somewhere else. This is actually normal for us. Also for Canadians and Australians.

But for most of the world you live in your ancestral homeland. I am wondering if people would share their experiences on the topic.

For Americans many of us forget where we came from, and then down the line someone looks it up and gets really excited about it for a while.

My experience visiting that place was profound.
Censorship isn't necessary
Nonc Hilaire

Re: Homelands

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

I was born in Tampa, so I am a native born Tampon.

The first time I slid into a vagina I was so thrilled I exploded.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
noddy

Post by noddy »

bit of a stretch for me - one side of the family is somewhat simple with england and sweden being the primary inputs but the other side gets complicated fast.

i have lived in the south pacific, which is part of my heritage, but its so incompatible with the modern west its hard to reconcile, so i dont.
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Mr. Perfect wrote:.

I have had the opportunity as an American of several generations of heritage to visit my native homeland. It effected me more deeply than I ever thought it would.

As an American, we do have and odd situation where everyone is from somewhere else. This is actually normal for us. Also for Canadians and Australians.

But for most of the world you live in your ancestral homeland. I am wondering if people would share their experiences on the topic.

For Americans many of us forget where we came from, and then down the line someone looks it up and gets really excited about it for a while.

My experience visiting that place was profound.

Good idea always be "upfront", where one comes from, mentally and physically

Back in ATOL was this guy calling himself GREEN, saying all sort of things, "shoe-shining" David Goldman, spearheading attack @ HP .. later he said he an Iraqi Arab Jewish

So, Mr. Perfect, if I may ask, where's your "ancestral homeland" ? ? :lol:

Signed
Azari

Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:bit of a stretch for me - one side of the family is somewhat simple with england and sweden being the primary inputs but the other side gets complicated fast.

i have lived in the south pacific, which is part of my heritage, but its so incompatible with the modern west its hard to reconcile, so i dont.
Same here. Being of mongrel heritage, far as I know, some of my most recent ancestors had opposed tombs.....
noddy

Post by noddy »

Simple Minded wrote: some of my most recent ancestors had opposed tombs.....
very practical, save a heap of money on marble - the downside is you dont get raided by hot chickies in short shorts and singlets.
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

My paternal ancestors seem to have long been travelers and traders. The oldest traceable one's claim to fame appears to be he was one of the thousands to travel to Mongolian China and Iran during the 14th century where he secured some sort of trading deal (not clearly recorded). According to the records I've seen, this was typical as the family had the reputation for long being great peacemakers and fair traders. Then they go on to describe the oldest known ancestor being someone from the 11th century but I do not know how accurate any of the information is.
noddy

Post by noddy »

NapLajoieon polo
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:NapLajoieon polo
Another data point that most great people are great because of their ancestor's DNA.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Simple Minded wrote:
Another data point that most great people are great because of their ancestor's DNA.
:lol: - Making Heritable Genes Great Again. :D
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:
:lol: - Making Heritable Genes Great Again. :D
You-genics would seem to cure so many of life's inequalities.

Tax collection might get messy.......
Heracleum Persicum

It's
One America Versus Another

LOS ANGELES — When drivers entered California recently from the borders with Arizona and Nevada, they were greeted with signs welcoming them to an “official sanctuary state” that is home to “felons” and “illegals.” It was a prank, but the message was clear: By entering California, they might as well have been entering foreign territory.

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:

Back in ATOL was this guy calling himself GREEN, saying all sort of things, "shoe-shining" David Goldman, spearheading attack @ HP .. later he said he an Iraqi Arab Jewish

Signed
Azari
A completely benign out of the way region that is never in the news, ever.
Censorship isn't necessary
Heracleum Persicum

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Heracleum Persicum wrote:

Signed
Azari

A completely benign out of the way region that is never in the news, ever.

Omid Djalili is an Iranian comedian

Catherine of Aragon said it :lol: :lol:

HMuEsFQeLE8

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

Omid does touch on a couple of relevant issues, to wit:

5RkLCKjWgPk

sb8rWCvnNbk

DL41CkyqE8A
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Heracleum Persicum

White House Puts the Bible Before the Hippocratic Oath

But because it was a Catholic health center, doctors there did not tell her that continuing her pregnancy could threaten her health and that abortion was her safest option. Instead they sent her home.

Freedom of religion is essential — and so is access to health care. Current law tries to accommodate both, but the far right has stirred unfounded fears that religion (and Christianity in particular) is under assault, and that people of faith are in danger of being forced to do things they find morally objectionable. “Patient-centered care” is an important goal in clinical training today, but the administration is instead proposing provider-centered care.

In recent conflicts between patient needs and religious freedom, patients have too often lost. The Trump administration wants to keep it that way.