Bizarre and unexplained

Past and present. You can't make this stuff up.
Simple Minded

Bizarre and unexplained

Post by Simple Minded »

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article200092669.html

Reminds me of some of the incidents in David Paulides book Missing 411

http://www.nabigfootsearch.com/missing_411.html
NapLajoieonSteroids

Re: Bizarre and unexplained

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

SM, have you ever done any hiking?

As a teenager, some friends and I would jump on and off the Appalachian Trail whenever we had a chance- oft going off path and following [Do Not Enter type ] signs. :lol:

It was real adventuring; since we'd wing it...it's kinda funny to look back and think how many different ways we could've just "disappeared" because something went wrong. I was blessed that this particular set of pals were highly motivated out doorsy types with boy-scout like skills.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

I was one of the lucky ones, who had a "pretty much unlimited freedom" childhood (at least compared to today's yutes). Hours spent miles from home, parents had no idea where we were or what we were doing. They had adult stuff to deal with. Be home is time for supper was the only requirement. Oh,and "Don't you ever let me catch you doing that again!" Bicycle helmets were not invented yet, and the phrase helicopter parent had not yet been coined.

Bigger kids ruled over the smaller in a Lord of the Flies environment. We often wore the same clothes for 3 or 4 days straight. Yet we all survived. Our people skills and immune systems are the better for it.

I think you would enjoy Paulides books.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Simple Minded wrote:I was one of the lucky ones, who had a "pretty much unlimited freedom" childhood (at least compared to today's yutes). Hours spent miles from home, parents had no idea where we were or what we were doing. They had adult stuff to deal with. Be home is time for supper was the only requirement. Oh,and "Don't you ever let me catch you doing that again!" Bicycle helmets were not invented yet, and the phrase helicopter parent had not yet been coined.

Bigger kids ruled over the smaller in a Lord of the Flies environment. We often wore the same clothes for 3 or 4 days straight. Yet we all survived. Our people skills and immune systems are the better for it.

I think you would enjoy Paulides books.
well, I'm be checking them out.
NapLajoieonSteroids

David Pallides's Missing 411's story about Dennis Martin really creeped me out.

It reminded me of the Sodder children, though there really isn't a whole lot of commonality in the two stories.

When I was younger and dumber-er, I set out to write a novel loosely based on the Sodder children. I was pretty far into the project, and still have a rough draft and notebooks full of notes about it, but I couldn't finish it.

The whole thing was way too depressing.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

These are fun.

ok0v9UvJ8K0
Censorship isn't necessary