Futurism of the Past

The future is so bright that we have to wear shades. Speculations about the future.
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Re: Futurism of the Past

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

vzOycL03a-U
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

1956 | This is the introduction of Robert Beason's feature, published in Mechanix Illustrated magazine.

'On some night in the future a young man walking along Market Street in San Francisco may suddenly think of a friend in Rome.

'Reaching into his pocket, he will pull out a watch-size disc with a set of buttons on one side. He will punch ten times.

'Turning the device over, he will hear his friend's voice and see his face on a tiny screen, in color and 3-D. At the same moment his friend in Rome will see and hear him.

'The disc will be a telephone, a miniature model equipped for both audio and video service.'
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
noddy

Post by noddy »

cute, the only thing they got wrong was the keyboard on the back, display on the front - a sympton of not having computers yet :)
ultracrepidarian
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

The phone only shows the man from the shoulders up. How does she know if he is wearing pants?
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

wanna bring the past into the present? sprinkle summa these into your next twitter hashtag.....;).......:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q_code

http://www.kent-engineers.com/abbreviations.htm

and...... my favourite:
10-12 Visitors* present
10-13 Advise weather, road conditions
10-16 Make pickup at...
10-17 Urgent business
10-18 Anything for us?
10-19 Nothing for you, return to base
10-20 My location is...
10-21 Call by telephone
10-22 Report in person to...
10-23 Stand by
10-24 Completed last assignment
* parents........

http://www.truckercountry.com/trucker-r ... ology/#10c

#10-3 on that last twit, baby......;)..........
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

noddy wrote:cute, the only thing they got wrong was the keyboard on the back, display on the front - a sympton of not having computers yet :)
Partly because no one could imagine carrying around a 18cm [7 inch] mobile phone around with them . . .
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Typhoon wrote:
noddy wrote:cute, the only thing they got wrong was the keyboard on the back, display on the front - a sympton of not having computers yet :)
Partly because no one could imagine carrying around a 18cm [7 inch] mobile phone around with them . . .
hah, i love the phablets - paperback was a great one handed formfactor !
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

That mini magnetic floppy is so kewt.....^^...........
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Rx6keHpeYak
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Teresa of Ávila
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Google was a 1953 Raymond Chandler joke
Did you ever read what they call Science Fiction? It's a scream. It is written like this: "I checked out with K19 on Adabaran III, and stepped out through the crummaliote hatch on my 22 Model Sirus Hardtop. I cocked the timejector in secondary and waded through the bright blue manda grass. My breath froze into pink pretzels. I flicked on the heat bars and the Bryllis ran swiftly on five legs using their other two to send out crylon vibrations. The pressure was almost unbearable, but I caught the range on my wrist computer through the transparent cysicites. I pressed the trigger. The thin violet glow was ice-cold against the rust-colored mountains. The Bryllis shrank to half an inch long and I worked fast stepping on them with the poltex. But it wasn't enough. The sudden brightness swung me around and the Fourth Moon had already risen. I had exactly four seconds to hot up the disintegrator and Google had told me it wasn't enough. He was right."

They pay brisk money for this crap?
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:Image
They got the tattoo part right for the guy.

And not too far off for the female summer wear . . .
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

1900 France views 2000

http://wpo.st/KiPf0

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

9-phxCxTlzQ
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

12509114_218208835179370_176873024579332376_n.jpg
12509114_218208835179370_176873024579332376_n.jpg (37.17 KiB) Viewed 17226 times
Doc

Post by Doc »

The ultimate irony of future past and Brexit present?

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/alv ... ld-n601501
Alvin Toffler, 'Future Shock' Author Who Predicted Disconnection of Modern World, Dies at 87
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Doc wrote:The ultimate irony of future past and Brexit present?

Alvin Toffler, 'Future Shock' Author Who Predicted Disconnection of Modern World, Dies at 87
I remember Toffler's prediction that everyone would be reading poetry instead of prose these days because we would all be in such a rush. It's been a while, but I think the rest of his predictions were about as accurate as that one.

Teresa of Ávila
Doc

Post by Doc »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:

I remember Toffler's prediction that everyone would be reading poetry instead of prose these days because we would all be in such a rush. It's been a while, but I think the rest of his predictions were about as accurate as that one.
He predicted the rise of Islamic fundamentalism. Even if none of the others were right that is one heck of a prediction.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc wrote:
Nonc Hilaire wrote:

He predicted the rise of Islamic fundamentalism. Even if none of the others were right that is one heck of a prediction.
I bet that he did not predict the rapid demise of the Amelia font . . .

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

ge7wS-qpdVw
Nonc Hilaire

Re: Futurism of the Past 1958

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Teresa of Ávila