Site Admin

Suggestions

Post by admin »

Please post them here.
AzariLoveIran

Re: Suggestions

Post by AzariLoveIran »

Colonel ,

have difficulty reading the fonts .. bit too small .. is it possible to have as default font 2 size bigger .. easier on eye

merci

Sparky

Post by Sparky »

ctrl +
or
use the font button in the top right corner - underneath "Advanced search".
AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

Sparky wrote:.

use the font button in the top right corner - underneath "Advanced search".

thank you sparky

much better

would help more if it had 4 size scales .. it just has 2

but already better

Enki

Post by Enki »

you can also hold ctrl and use the scroll wheel on your mouse to increase or decrease the size of a web page.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

Enki wrote:.

you can also hold ctrl and use the scroll wheel on your mouse to increase or decrease the size of a web page.

interesting .. did not know

thanx

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Could typhoon possible consider a new avatar or, barring that, slow down the one he's got now? The damn thing moves so fast I can't figure out what I'm looking at . . :?
"The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time."
--- Richard Nixon
"I consider looseness with words no less of a defect than looseness of the bowels."
—John Calvin
Hans Bulvai

Post by Hans Bulvai »

A Japanese Little Red Riding Hood being impressed with a Raccoon that has balls the size of melons! I think...
I don't buy supremacy
Media chief
You menace me
The people you say
'Cause all the crime
Wake up motherfucker
And smell the slime
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Hans Bulvai wrote:A Japanese Little Red Riding Hood being impressed with a Raccoon that has balls the size of melons! I think...
What the hell is Red Riding Hood doing with a 'coon? Supposed to be a wolf . . .

And, see, even a sharp guy like you isn't sure . . slow the damn' thing down . . :(
"The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time."
--- Richard Nixon
"I consider looseness with words no less of a defect than looseness of the bowels."
—John Calvin
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

It's not a racoon, but rather a racoon dog or tanuki.

The oversized scrotum is adapted from traditional folklore tales.

To recreate the animated gif, from the source video, to run at a slower rate would take a lot of work. Sorry.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Typhoon wrote:It's not a racoon, but rather a racoon dog or tanuki.

To recreate the animated gif, from the source video, to run at a slower rate would take a lot of work. Sorry.

Okay, 'coon-dog it is, but what the hell is the girl holding up?
--- Richard Nixon
—John Calvin
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Marcus wrote:

In the avatar, she is not holding up anything, but raising her hands to her face and uttering an expression of surprise: "Wow".
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Typhoon wrote:
Marcus wrote:

In the avatar, she is not holding up anything, but raising her hands to her face and uttering an expression of surprise: "Wow".

Got it . . her hands were so red I couldn't figure it out . . thanks, I feel better now . . :D
--- Richard Nixon
—John Calvin
Hans Bulvai

Post by Hans Bulvai »

:shock:

I liked the beauty contest though! Leg pressing his own nuts! :lol:
I don't buy supremacy
Media chief
You menace me
The people you say
'Cause all the crime
Wake up motherfucker
And smell the slime
crashtech

Post by crashtech »

I suggest we be made able to nest more than three quotes. Though I don't like deep nesting of quotes, I have run into the three barrier twice already in the course of fairly routine quoted replies. It seems too low.

I don't know what a good limit would be, perhaps five or six?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

crashtech wrote:I suggest we be made able to nest more than three quotes. Though I don't like deep nesting of quotes, I have run into the three barrier twice already in the course of fairly routine quoted replies. It seems too low.

I don't know what a good limit would be, perhaps five or six?
Good point. The quote nesting limit has now been reset to six.
crashtech

Post by crashtech »

Wow, that was fast! Thanks!
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Personally, I think a good level is one or two so I manually edit out quotes for clarity.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
crashtech

Post by crashtech »

I don't blame you a bit. Maybe I am just lazy!
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

1. Keep the moderation tight. The lack of it at the old forum was well-intentioned but eventually reduced the forum to unreadable lavender. But of course the creepy deletions, edits and bannings of ATOL were also a failure. Simply shunting threads/posts that ramble OT into unmoderated Hell should be sufficient.

2. Keep the tanooki avatar.
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

We should start a subforum for trashing stuff we hate. It would come in handy. For example, I could start a thread trashing Nickelback.
cultivate a white rose
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Azrael wrote:We should start a subforum for trashing stuff we hate. It would come in handy. For example, I could start a thread trashing Nickelback.
Done. In the Hell section.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Ibrahim wrote:1. Keep the moderation tight. The lack of it at the old forum was well-intentioned but eventually reduced the forum to unreadable lavender. But of course the creepy deletions, edits and bannings of ATOL were also a failure. Simply shunting threads/posts that ramble OT into unmoderated Hell should be sufficient.
It would be most appreciated if the posters would be so kind as to continue to take the forum rules into consideration when posting.
Posters have so far done so, with the exception of a few incidents, and the mods are grateful for it.
Ibrahim wrote:2. Keep the tanooki avatar.
Certainly. Will only change it when I find something that amuses me more.
Enki

Post by Enki »

Can you set it so that links open in another tab? I like that feature.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Enki wrote:Can you set it so that links open in another tab? I like that feature.
Certainly. Can you point me to the tab on the admin board where this is found?