Complaints

Code of conduct, technical issues and problems, suggestions, and/or complaints
Enki

Re: Complaints

Post by Enki »

This forum is becoming too restrictive. Moderator behavior has become a lot more micromanaging in the past couple of weeks. Editing posts for using the size tag, calling out people for using profanity, locking every thread in Hell.

Not sure it really has much of a place to go.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Enki wrote:This forum is becoming too restrictive.
Well, the Simple Forum Rules are rather open as opposed to restrictive.
Enki wrote:Moderator behavior has become a lot more micromanaging in the past couple of weeks.

Editing posts for using the size tag,
Numerous posts filled with oversized and caplocked text do not make for readibility.
Enki wrote:calling out people for using profanity,
Use of unnecessary profanity in a general argument has always been frowned up here.
Enki wrote:locking every thread in Hell.
Yes, this new.

A post is sent to Hell for violating the Simple Forum Rules.

The mods have decided that there's no reason to have the Hell threads continue building in rancour.
Enki wrote:Not sure it really has much of a place to go.
On the other hand, there's probably millions of other forums which tolerate, and in some cases encourage, such behaviour for you to choose from . . .
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

The complaints about horseh*t and other posters has been sent to the appropriate thread in Hell to join other related posts.

The Complaints Dept. is not Purgatory or even Hell.

In other words, it is a place to complain about the mods and moderation and other such forum matters, not about other posters.

If a post doth offendeth thee, then verily the mods requesteth: presseth the [Report this post] button and provideth a comment to the mods.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Typhoon wrote:The mods have decided that there's no reason to have the Hell threads continue building in rancour.
A most excellent and commendable decision in my opinion. Rancor, given an opportunity to express itself and fester, inevitably spills over into the bulk of forum discussion. One bad apple can spoil an entire barrel.

It's my hope that the mods will, with a vengeance, relentlessly purge all abusive, insulting, and snarky comments and either delete them or send them directly to Hell where they are locked.
"The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time."
--- Richard Nixon
"I consider looseness with words no less of a defect than looseness of the bowels."
—John Calvin
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Typhoon wrote:
Enki wrote:This forum is becoming too restrictive.

Well, the Simple Forum Rules are rather open as opposed to restrictive.

Naturally it is interpretation and enforcement that makes it restrictive or not.

Typhoon wrote:The mods have decided that there's no reason to have the Hell threads continue building in rancour.

Is there a reason not to?
Typhoon

Re: Technical Issues and Problems

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

Somebody deleting my posts

I posted this

Never mind that crazed, armed to the teeth, homegrown American terrorists are killing children and terrorizing whole cities.
It is the Iranian menace that we are meant to fear according to the new law

now nowhere 2B found

Maybe Pasta here with false flag deleting my posts :lol:

A copy of your above post was sent to you by PM, which you received since you replied, before being deleted as it did not belong in the

N Am: At least 27 die in school shooting in Connecticut

thread.

Don't be a plick. Post in the appropriate thread instead of pretending that you don't know what's going on.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Typhoon wrote:

I posted this

Never mind that crazed, armed to the teeth, homegrown American terrorists are killing children and terrorizing whole cities.

now nowhere 2B found

A copy of your above post was sent to you by PM, which you received since you replied, before being deleted as it did not belong in the

thread.

Don't be a plick. Post in the appropriate thread instead of pretending that you don't know what's going on.

I put time and energy to post pertinent article in this fora .. that article from "Foreign Policy Journal" (a top American Political publication) is an important article about game played in American internal policy

Deleting that post and article, on the excuse that it was not posted in the right thread, shows not understanding the importance of the article (probably because not read it) and (admitted) antagonism with this poster, as this not the first time this happening .. this a blatant unjustified bullying .. that is why I post less and less here

looked in WiKi for "plick" .. could not find what it is :lol:

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

I posted this

now nowhere 2B found

thread.

I put time and energy to post pertinent article in this fora .. that article from "Foreign Policy Journal" (a top American Political publication) is an important article about game played in American internal policy

Deleting that post and article, on the excuse that it was not posted in the right thread, shows not understanding the importance of the article (probably because not read it) and (admitted) antagonism with this poster, as this not the first time this happening .. this a blatant unjustified bullying .. that is why I post less and less here

If you can't be bothered to be civil and conduct yourself with common courtesy with regards to other posters and the mods
by making even a trivial effort to post articles in the appropriate thread,
then the mods have no obligations towards you or your posts.

Your off topic posts will be summarily deleted.
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

I posted this

now nowhere 2B found

thread.

If you can't be bothered to be civil and conduct yourself with common courtesy with regards to other posters and the mods

I do reflect B4 choosing where to post

Notion I post intentionaly in wrong thread unjustified

IMVHO, just a mention of "Iran" in an article does not mean it should be posted in Iran thread .. the central issue in an article should decide where it should be posted .. in any case, there is a general bias against Ibrahim and Azari on this fora using excuses to bug them .. Ibrahim too complaining his posts are deleted (for phony excuses)

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Typhoon wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

I posted this

now nowhere 2B found

thread.

You have a well established history of spamming the board with Greater Whateverstan posts.

To restate the gob-smacking obvious,
an article about Iran, the US, and Latin America does not belong in the N Am: At least 27 die in school shooting in Connecticut thread.
IMVHO, just a mention of "Iran" in an article does not mean it should be posted in Iran thread .. the central issue in an article should decide where it should be posted
All you had to do was to take a moment to create a new thread in the US [or ME] section with an appropriate title or find an appropriate existing thread.
Heracleum Persicum wrote:.. in any case, there is a general bias against Ibrahim and Azari on this fora using excuses to bug them .. Ibrahim too complaining his posts are deleted (for phony excuses)

Self-reflection rather than persecution paranoia would be bother more constructive and productive.

If you not happy with abiding by the Simple Forum Rules, then there are other forums. No one is forcing you to post here, I presume.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

I think the forum Moderators or "Regulators" are doing an excellent job. If my arms were longer, I'd pat both YMix and Typhoon on the back. :D Send me your email addresses via PM, and I'll send you a couple bucks via Paypal to buy you both a drink.

Inititally, I did find the use of the term "simple" when describing forum rules to be offensive, then I remembered that I am rather easily offended about 4 days a month, so maybe the problem is not external..... :(

The other day I went to McDonald's and ordered a coffee with 3 creams, and they didn't put any cream in it!!!!!

Ronald, yer a clown!!! :)
Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

Typhoon wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

I posted this

now nowhere 2B found

thread.

IMVHO, just a mention of "Iran" in an article does not mean it should be posted in Iran thread .. the central issue in an article should decide where it should be posted .. in any case, there is a general bias against Ibrahim and Azari on this fora using excuses to bug them .. Ibrahim too complaining his posts are deleted (for phony excuses)

There's a difference, Ibrahim is at least trying to be obstinate. You are playing a different game which is to sow seeds even where they do not grow. By doing this you have more territory for yourself which is not yours and was never yours. It's Persian intellectual colonialism at it's worst.
Been busy doing stuff
Heracleum Persicum

Hoosiernorm wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

I posted this

now nowhere 2B found

thread.

There's a difference, Ibrahim is at least trying to be obstinate. You are playing a different game which is to sow seeds even where they do not grow. By doing this you have more territory for yourself which is not yours and was never yours. It's Persian intellectual colonialism at it's worst.

:D .. true

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

. . .

Since you freely admit to that your spamming is done both with premeditation and with deliberation with regards to your off-topic posts on Greater Whateverstan,
such off topic posts will continue to be summarily deleted.

Also, from now on, so will any complaints or objections on you part regarding such deserved deletions.
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote:
. . .

Since you freely admit to that your spamming is done both with premeditation and with deliberation with regards to your off-topic posts on Greater Whateverstan,

Also, from now on, so will any complaints or objections on you part regarding such deserved deletions.

:lol: :lol: come on, Colonel, come on .. was just teasing you

Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

The additional geographically named subforums in the "Current Events" section now gives us a number of geographical regions, plus something called "The Muslim World/ Middle East." Given that Muslims inhabit all continents, and three continents contain majority-Muslim nations, not to mention that there are non-Muslim nations in the Middle East, it seems like this labeling it obsolete.

I suggest, then, that "The Muslim World" subforum simply be renamed "The Middle East." "Muslim" affairs happening elsewhere can be discussed under the relevant geographical heading, e.g. rebels in Mali under the "Africa" subforum.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Both the American and ME sections are as they are due to board history and to pragmatics, so they will stay as they are.

Also, it's a lot more work to rearrange sections than threads.

I goofed in setting up the N Am section. Wanted to have have three sub-sections: Canada, USA, and Mexico.

Still have not had the time to fix it.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Typhoon wrote:Both the American and ME sections are as they are due to board history and to pragmatics, so they will stay as they are.

So do you move Alexis' thread about the conflict in Mali into the Muslim ghetto thread, or does it stay in the Africa thread?

Fair enough. Suggest one "current events" thread without subforums. Literally no work.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Ibrahim wrote:
Typhoon wrote:Both the American and ME sections are as they are due to board history and to pragmatics, so they will stay as they are.
So do you move Alexis' thread about the conflict in Mali into the Muslim ghetto thread, or does it stay in the Africa thread?
I assume that this is a rhetorical question.
Ibrahim wrote:
Fair enough. Suggest one "current events" thread without subforums. Literally no work.
We had that did we not. It was still work.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Typhoon wrote:
. . .

:lol: :lol: come on, Colonel, come on .. was just teasing you

Okay. Funny. Ha ha.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Typhoon wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
I assume that this is a rhetorical question.

Not at all, seems like a Sophie's Choice. You have a subforum for Africa and subforum for Muslim stuff, and you've got a thread about Muslim stuff in Africa. Boy, I wouldn't want the responsibility of making these decisions.

Ibrahim wrote:
We had that did we not. It was still work.
We've always differed on this, but your problem is spammers, not the need for moderation or reorganization. Is there a means of limiting users' posts per day?
noddy

Post by noddy »

4 basic categories could suffice.

ghosts and white dogs
gooks and nippers
towel heads and curry munchers
niggers and misc darkies
ultracrepidarian
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

noddy wrote:4 basic categories could suffice.

ghosts and white dogs
gooks and nippers
niggers and misc darkies

This is good, but we could get it down to two:

Us

Them
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:4 basic categories could suffice.

ghosts and white dogs
gooks and nippers
niggers and misc darkies
I think we would need one more catagory, Stralia Bashers.

Which would include those who want to bash Stralia, or those from Stralia who wish to bash... ;)