Complaints

Code of conduct, technical issues and problems, suggestions, and/or complaints
Endovelico

Re: Complaints

Post by Endovelico »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:Are we still allowed to speak freely?

For the love of Baldur's Gimlet, banning Mr.P is petty. The forum owner never shied away from giving just as much as Mr.P in the back-and-forths antagonisms; and personalized it just as much. A Typhoon post about US conservatives, to me, always read above all as being at its heart anti-Mr.P. If P said yang, the owner in question would appear to say yin. And banning him, even if it's only a month, merely confirms this impression.

Having said that, the forum has been run much better than the previous one; where the owner would suffer mood swings and throw temper tantrums if someone wasn't super-interested in his favored topic of the moment.

But there is something hypocritical about the owner citing an inordinate amount of antagonistic posting when he is not above it; whether on his own forum or assuming the handle Ubu Hex to troll the Spengler forum he was kicked off unfairly (which is my understanding of events, I was not around for any of that.)

Maybe I am being unfair or reading too much into it. The owner has every right to hold the forum whatever standards [and application of those standards] he wishes. And I do not expect the owner to see the situation in the same way. But after a bit of reflection, I thought it shouldn't go unsaid.
Seconded.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

But Mr.P. will be back soon anyways, if so he wishes?
Deep down I'm very superficial
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Yes.
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:For the love of Baldur's Gimlet, banning Mr.P is petty. The forum owner never shied away from giving just as much as Mr.P in the back-and-forths antagonisms; and personalized it just as much.
This moderator has no interest in maintaining a forum that is a clone of countless others nor do I have any interest in continuing to tolerate

*Puerile spam autoposts ["It's all the fault of X"] that drag down an interesting discussion

*Personal attacks and constant stereotyping of other posters who disagree with the poster's own views.
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:A Typhoon post about US conservatives, to me, always read above all as being at its heart anti-Mr.P. If P said yang, the owner in question would appear to say yin. And banning him, even if it's only a month, merely confirms this impression.
Well, the concept of ying and yang balance is an important part of culture in E Asia

This goal of this forum is not be a parochial echo chamber such as PJMedia, Salon, or the Daily Kos.
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: ...

But there is something hypocritical about the owner citing an inordinate amount of antagonistic posting when he is not above it;
Examples?
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:whether on his own forum or assuming the handle Ubu Hex to troll the Spengler forum he was kicked off unfairly (which is my understanding of events, I was not around for any of that.)
I've been banned twice from the Spenglerman forum.

The first incident was when I was a moderator there and was falsely accused and threatened by a former moderator and looney tune.

The second ban was simply spite on the part of some other mod or Spenglerman.

However, I'm not currently banned and do post there on rare occasion.
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:Maybe I am being unfair or reading too much into it. The owner has every right to hold the forum whatever standards [and application of those standards] he wishes. And I do not expect the owner to see the situation in the same way. But after a bit of reflection, I thought it shouldn't go unsaid.
The SFRs are easy to understand. Posting here implies an agreement to abide by them.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Typhoon wrote:
Yes.

"NapLajoieonSteroids", follow Azari modus operendi , I post whatever my heart desires, if CS doesnt like it, he deletes my post

fair enough :lol:

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Yes.

"NapLajoieonSteroids", follow Azari modus operendi , I post whatever my heart desires, if CS doesnt like it, he deletes my post

Why make unecessary work for everyone involved?
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Yes.

Why make unnecessary work for everyone involved ?

Freedom of the press means one writes whatever one thinks one should write .. and .. if the "admin" thinks it ain't politically correct, it will delete the post .. that is what happening in Iranian press, that is why, from time to time, some papers in Iran are banned, a testimony there no "self sensor", freedom to write whatever you desire and take the consequences (of being banned)

Alternative would be, the mainstream western media .. don't write what "admin" (probably) would objects (self sensor) .. therefore there no "banning"

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Typhoon wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Yes.

Why make unnecessary work for everyone involved ?

Freedom of the press means one writes whatever one thinks one should write .. and .. if the "admin" thinks it ain't politically correct, it will delete the post .. that is what happening in Iranian press, that is why, from time to time, some papers in Iran are banned, a testimony there no "self sensor", freedom to write whatever you desire and take the consequences (of being banned)

Alternative would be, the mainstream western media .. don't write what "admin" (probably) would objects (self sensor) .. therefore there no "banning"

Whatever.

However, it would be appreciated if you posted on topic to reduce the work of moving your posts to the appropriate thread.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote: Sorry, but I don't think that I am able to agree.
That means you are flying solo. Not one person on here thinks I'm a troll, makes trollish posts, or that I need any moderation whatsoever. Not one single person on here agrees with you. Not one. They all had a chance to say "yeah that guy is a troll, he really needs banning and deleting". Everyone had a chance to say that, not one single person did so, and those that did chime in disagreed with you or were neutral at best.

OTOH the only admitted troll on this forum is ymix, who says he like twisting the knife in US conservatives. Ironically he is a moderator.
I'm not aware of another forum where such a large number of differing views on controversial topics are not only tolerated, but encouraged.
What is the sample size these days.
The US so-called "right wing" perspective continues to be well represented here.
Really. By who.
After a number of years of cleaning up after Mr. P.'s one line shill/troll posts
And it was all completely unnecessary. Once again, not one single person on here agrees with you that I am a troll or in need of moderation. Not one single person. All of that deleting was for nothing, nobody wanted you to do it but yourself.

Almost all my postings that were deleted were political content, specifically hard hitting criticisms of leftism, leftists and Democrats.

Why leftists and Democrats need you to protect them from me is way over my head.
and rudeness to and targeting/stalking of other posters, this mod has had it and given Mr. P. a one month suspension.
The bolded are not against the SFRs and I have no idea what they mean or how you tell if I'm "stalking" somebody. The only targeting I do is liberal nonsense, and I do that without discrimination in terms of the poster. "Conservatives" are often shocked when I go after them for spouting liberal horse crap, I make no allowances. I don't care who you are if you spout liberal bilge I will challenge it/you.

As for surliness or rudeness, I find it interesting coming form a poster who in the case of surliness, without any moderation told Doc he could shove it and Parodite that he was intellectual lazy, with flabby moral sensibilities. And no moderation was given on that.

As for rudeness I will say that I always, always, always, always, always allow the other poster to set the ground rules and ROEs for the debate. If they want to speak like an adult, I will speak like an adult. If they want clown noses and seltzer bottles I'll do that. If you insult my intelligence I will insult you right back. I have no problem with that. And neither should the other person, because I allow the first move every time. If they decide to start with an insult then they should expect insults in return.

Further, most liberals here at one time or another have parroted the liberal line of conservative republicans as being ignorant, racist, homophobic, misogynist, child killers, and when doing that you are saying that about me.

Now I would say that I be entitled to quote from CeeLo chapter 10 verse 7 since I am innocent on all charges.

pc0mxOXbWIU

But that's not my style. I just get a wee bit grumpy or agitated.

A lot has been said about deterioration of relations and so forth over the years, and I'm amazed that anything needs to be said about, but when you tend to call people ignorant, racist, homophobic, misogynist child killers don't expect them to remain your back slapping buddies.
Of course, it's his choice after the suspension is over. He may instead prefer the company of cassowary, liang, and Ro Ri.
Is this an insult of some kind? Would this be considered an insulting post I wonder. I don't know who those people are other than Cassowary, all I can tell you is that I was welcomed warmly at the old forum by high quality posters like Booklady, CD, armchair pundit and Ethinker.

Bottom line is that I did not break the SFRs, not anymore than anyone else has. There simply is one set of rules for me and one set for everyone else.

Now, in the interest of solutions, for whatever reason it is clear that my attacks on liberalism and Democrats is difficult for you, but since nobody else sees any need to moderate me perhaps you could simply put me on ignore. Since I don't break the SFRs, and don't really do anything other than attack leftism and no one else seems to have a problem with me, should be a situation where everyone wins.
Last edited by Mr. Perfect on Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Torchwood wrote:Seconded, one dimensional shill he may be, but he is not a troll. This feels like censoring people you don't agree with, Typhoon, and I do not want to speak in an echo chamber.
Normally this would be something that I'd let pass but it may prove illuminating.

It's actually completely wrong.

Internet says:
A shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps a person or organization without disclosing that they have a close relationship with the person or organization.
Now, I am the OPPOSITE of a shill. Most people, particularly liberals and liberals on this board will not disclose their biases and political affiiliations. You can't get anyone on here to say they are liberal or a Democrat.

Contrast with me, I shout my biases and partisanship from the rooftops. I am desparate to tell people that I am conservative and Republican. I lead with it. I can't wait to disclose my biases and partisanship.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote: This moderator has no interest in maintaining a forum that is a clone of countless others nor do I have any interest in continuing to tolerate

*Puerile spam autoposts ["It's all the fault of X"] that drag down an interesting discussion
I don't know. They seem well accepted here.

Just perusing a few posts here since I was gone I see that xyz groups were tolerated in receiving such blame, such as

1) zionists
2) israelis
3) police
4) miltary industrial complex
5) Republicans
6) Binoids
7) young people
8) old people

plus more if I'm motivated to find them.

Seems like if those people can be blamed as an xyz group then you should be able to blame liberals and Democrats.
*Personal attacks and constant stereotyping of other posters who disagree with the poster's own views.
I don't do the former, at all, and the latter is not against the SFRs. I used to, I used to call people stupid a long time ago, maybe not even on this forum, but I don't engage in personal attacks. Not anymore than anyone else.

As for the latter, I have no idea what it really means or who it would apply to.
Well, the concept of ying and yang balance is an important part of culture in E Asia

This goal of this forum is not be a parochial echo chamber such as PJMedia, Salon, or the Daily Kos.
I think people are telling you it's becoming an echo chamber.
The SFRs are easy to understand. Posting here implies an agreement to abide by them.
Indeed. That's why I don't break them, not any more than anyone else.
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Binoid Definition.....

Post by monster_gardener »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Typhoon wrote: This moderator has no interest in maintaining a forum that is a clone of countless others nor do I have any interest in continuing to tolerate

I don't know. They seem well accepted here.

Just perusing a few posts here since I was gone I see that xyz groups were tolerated in receiving such blame, such as

1) zionists
2) israelis
3) police
4) miltary industrial complex
5) Republicans
6) Binoids
7) young people
8) old people

plus more if I'm motivated to find them.

Seems like if those people can be blamed as an xyz group then you should be able to blame liberals and Democrats.
I don't do the former, at all, and the latter is not against the SFRs. I used to, I used to call people stupid a long time ago, maybe not even on this forum, but I don't engage in personal attacks. Not anymore than anyone else.

As for the latter, I have no idea what it really means or who it would apply to.

I think people are telling you it's becoming an echo chamber.
Indeed. That's why I don't break them, not any more than anyone else.
Thank You VERY Much for your post, Mr. Perfect.

Glad you are back.

Honest question: What is a "binoid"?

Have googled without getting a good definition....

Court Jester Zone:

I suppose a daffynition ;) might be 2 Domino Pizza Noids... ;)

Or perhaps Bipolar Manic Depressive Noids.... ;) :shock: :lol:

But I'm pretty sure that is NOT what you meant.... ;)

j696bHtrYTM
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
YMix

Post by YMix »

Mr. Perfect wrote:OTOH the only admitted troll on this forum is ymix, who says he like twisting the knife in US conservatives.
And I also said that twisting the knife is not trolling. You are more than welcome to drop by that thread and explain to me why the Champions of Freedom have turned on each other and then we can have a nice conversation about that. But, as far as I remember, you strenuously avoided the main topic of that thread. Also, that thread is mainly for you because it goes against everything you say. It's the only way to debunk your fantasy world because you would never admit to being wrong.

That "admitted troll" phrase is either a mistake or a lie.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Mr. Perfect wrote:. . liberals on this board will not disclose their biases and political affiliations. . .
Agree . . but that's pretty much the case with Liberals anywhere . . I think it's because they do not and cannot see themselves as biased . . they and they alone know the truth/facts/reality of the matter . . you are the one who's biased . .

Not worth the effort . .
"The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time."
--- Richard Nixon
"I consider looseness with words no less of a defect than looseness of the bowels."
—John Calvin
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

YMix wrote: And I also said that twisting the knife is not trolling.
And you would be wrong, twisting the knife is trolling.

First thing I found on google.
In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion
Since you cannot inflict physical pain, emotional pain is the only other effect of knife twisting, as a metaphor. Emotional pain being an emotion.

I could care less about anyone's "emotional response" (other than anyone's well being), I just want to win arguments against leftists. And I like my record.

I do not post off topic, I do not do inflammatory, I stay off the majority of topics (therefore my intent is not to "sow discord"), I merely aggressively confront leftist evils.
You are more than welcome to drop by that thread and explain to me why the Champions of Freedom have turned on each other and then we can have a nice conversation about that.
No need, it can be summed up very briefly here. The Republican Party, or conservative movement is like any other party or movement it has internal divisions. The current divisions have been going on for several decades, at least going back to Goldwater possibly to FDR. It's an old and stale topic, only interesting to trolls or lo info.
But, as far as I remember, you strenuously avoided the main topic of that thread.
I actually didn't strain.
Also, that thread is mainly for you because it goes against everything you say. It's the only way to debunk your fantasy world because you would never admit to being wrong.
Personally I am rarely ever wrong. Nobody so far has been able to point out an example, which is interesting. As far as the GOP or conservatives in general they are human beings so of course are prone to mistakes. 99% of the MSM is dedicated to finding every mistake made by any conservative from the highest of the high to the lowest of the low and blaring it to the world in unending deluge. So that is pretty much already covered. No need for extra attention.
That "admitted troll" phrase is either a mistake or a lie.
Not yet.
Mr. Perfect

Re: Binoid Definition.....

Post by Mr. Perfect »

monster_gardener wrote: Honest question: What is a "binoid"?
Simple Minded's term for people who deal in binary choices. He calls them binoids, while he would be binophobic.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Trolling is going for an emotional response with no intent of getting anything else. IE not looking for discussion about the issue. Or just trying to prevent those with other views from discussing the issue and instead discussing the subject of the troll.

That is opposed to someone trying to get an emotional response when dealing with those that don't want to discuss the subject at hand. There is nothing wrong with trying to get the discussion going.

To say otherwise is pretentious in the extreme.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Sometimes the World is a Binoid Zone.....

Post by monster_gardener »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Simple Minded's term for people who deal in binary choices. He calls them binoids, while he would be binophobic.
Thank You VERY MUCH for your reply, Mr. Perfect.

Thank You VERY MUCH for the explanation....

IMVHO while it would not be good to be a strict binoid, sometimes it can be good to try to force conmen & conwomen such as politicians & especially CONgress Critters & Presidential Candidates & similar Clowns from Confusion Space into the Binoid Zone.... ;)

Because often the question at crunch time is: Will you vote yes or no on this issue.....

Granted that abstaining is another option......

But recalling a CONgress Clown Senator from Illinois who just voted Present ;-) most of the time and became President ;) :shock: :roll: ......

When he isn't trying to undermine the US and its Constitution, this Clown is mostly present ;) on the golf course :lol: :evil: :roll:

One wonders if the Noid might have made a better President than this non-binoid... ;) :roll:
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Doc

Re: Sometimes the World is a Binoid Zone.....

Post by Doc »

monster_gardener wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:

The three stooges in this video are a great examples of real Binoids.

pPol_m8wm8Y
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Mr. Perfect

Re: Sometimes the World is a Binoid Zone.....

Post by Mr. Perfect »

monster_gardener wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:

IMVHO while it would not be good to be a strict binoid, sometimes it can be good to try to force conmen & conwomen such as politicians & especially CONgress Critters & Presidential Candidates & similar Clowns from Confusion Space into the Binoid Zone.... ;)

Because often the question at crunch time is: Will you vote yes or no on this issue.....

Granted that abstaining is another option......

But recalling a CONgress Clown Senator from Illinois who just voted Present ;-) most of the time and became President ;) :shock: :roll: ......

When he isn't trying to undermine the US and its Constitution, this Clown is mostly present ;) on the golf course :lol: :evil: :roll:

One wonders if the Noid might have made a better President than this non-binoid... ;) :roll:
Yup. The reality is sometimes we face binary options and sometime we don't.

A binoid can't deal with more than two, and a binophobe, as we have on this forum, cannot deal with accountability of yes/no, support/oppose, with/against.

So binoids and binophobes are a drag on the body politic.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

The US parochial left vs right labels are irrelevant to the rest of the world.

This mod does not care to be stereotyped according to such.

The SFRs are simple and self explanatory.

Anyone with anger issues regarding another individual, group, nation, religion, etc, who believes that their special views exempts them should consider posting elsewhere.

No shortage of sites echoing the spectrum of views: PJMedia, TownHall, Salon, Daily KoS, . . . or the Youtube comment section . . .
Heracleum Persicum

glad 2C Mr. Perfect back :)

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote: The SFRs are simple and self explanatory.
True. Fortunately no one seems to break them.
Anyone with anger issues regarding another individual, group, nation, religion, etc, who believes that their special views exempts them should consider posting elsewhere.
Fortunately nobody here seems to have those problems.
Mr. Perfect

Re: The Tea Party vs. the GOP thread

Post by Mr. Perfect »

kmich wrote: Yep. Anyway, Mr. Perfect is not a “conservative,” in spite of all his chest thumping. He is more a contemporary version of Jean-Paul Marat, ferretting and diligently exposing and prosecuting Girondins than reflective of the sober reflection, pragmatism, and insight of an Edmund Burke. There is really no reason to take him or his prancing about as a "conservative" at all seriously.
Sounds like a surly personal attack. Wonder why it wasn't moderated. I wonder.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
kmich wrote: Yep. Anyway, Mr. Perfect is not a “conservative,” in spite of all his chest thumping. He is more a contemporary version of Jean-Paul Marat, ferreting and diligently exposing and prosecuting Girondins than reflective of the sober reflection, pragmatism, and insight of an Edmund Burke. There is really no reason to take him or his prancing about as a "conservative" at all seriously.
This may sound unreasonable, however, the mods have actually have a life outside of their mod work on this board.

Once again, please note the top right "!" button which draws the mods attention to a post.

Please use it and send the mods a PM instead of whining off-topic in a thread.

One the other hand, one might think that you should be flattered that another poster bothered to describe your obsessive compulsion in labeling everyone and everything according to parochial US right vs left perceptions using such eloquent prose with reference to famous and/or influential historical figures. :wink:
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:
kmich wrote: Yep. Anyway, Mr. Perfect is not a “conservative,” in spite of all his chest thumping. He is more a contemporary version of Jean-Paul Marat, ferreting and diligently exposing and prosecuting Girondins than reflective of the sober reflection, pragmatism, and insight of an Edmund Burke. There is really no reason to take him or his prancing about as a "conservative" at all seriously.
This may sound unreasonable, however, the mods have actually have a life outside of their mod work on this board.

Once again, please note the top right "!" button which draws the mods attention to a post.

Please use it and send the mods a PM instead of whining off-topic in a thread.

One the other hand, one might think that you should be flattered that another poster bothered to describe your obsessive compulsion in labeling everyone and everything according to parochial US right vs left perceptions using such eloquent prose with reference to famous and/or influential historical figures. :wink:

matter of fact, Mr. Perfect very "to the point" guy, never saw him beating around the bush .. an original real American :)