Complaints

Code of conduct, technical issues and problems, suggestions, and/or complaints
Parodite

Re: Complaints

Post by Parodite »

Doc wrote:Being over generalizing about a people is what I was referring to as hateful. It doesn't make the world a better place. When I see someone - anyone over-generalizing about an ethnic group, I guess you could say I am wondering what all the deodorant is about. I mean isn't the stereotyping a form of deodorant?
I don't agree that stereotyping has to be hateful, but agree that is doesn't make the world a better place. But just a quick look in any thread here shows that stereotyping is everywhere. It also is related to how we are wired to categorize all kinds of things into subsets.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Doc

Post by Doc »

Parodite wrote:
Doc wrote:Being over generalizing about a people is what I was referring to as hateful. It doesn't make the world a better place. When I see someone - anyone over-generalizing about an ethnic group, I guess you could say I am wondering what all the deodorant is about. I mean isn't the stereotyping a form of deodorant?
I don't agree that stereotyping has to be hateful, but agree that is doesn't make the world a better place. But just a quick look in any thread here shows that stereotyping is everywhere. It also is related to how we are wired to categorize all kinds of things into subsets.
Sure. We are all bigots in one way or another. But in reference to Pasta and "Pali"... it was more of an obsessive stereotype. The only person she would listen to, and become more moderate for, as I recall was Ellens and maybe Alexia. IE it was pointless to try to carry on a conversation with her unless you were trying to have a demonstration of bigotry. She may or may not have lived in France during the war. I don't really remember but I suppose that could explain her obsession
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Doc wrote:
Parodite wrote:
Sure. We are all bigots in one way or another. But in reference to Pasta and "Pali"... it was more of an obsessive stereotype.
As with HPs obsessive stereotype of "Zionists". But neither HP nor Pasta give me the feeling they are able to really hurt others physically, not even a fly. So their obnoxiousness and stereotyping, as irritating is it can be, does not communicate real hatred from where I am sitting. Yes, HP, you are OK :P Just producing a lot of conspirational hogwash.. of course, only IMHO ;)

There were other people on Spengler board that gave me the creeps though. One name I remember was "One who sees", sortof a psycho. But you never know.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Doc

Post by Doc »

Parodite wrote:
Doc wrote:
Parodite wrote:
Sure. We are all bigots in one way or another. But in reference to Pasta and "Pali"... it was more of an obsessive stereotype.
As with HPs obsessive stereotype of "Zionists". But neither HP nor Pasta give me the feeling they are able to really hurt others physically, not even a fly. So their obnoxiousness and stereotyping, as irritating is it can be, does not communicate real hatred from where I am sitting. Yes, HP, you are OK :P Just producing a lot of conspirational hogwash.. of course, only IMHO ;)

There were other people on Spengler board that gave me the creeps though. One name I remember was "One who sees", sortof a psycho. But you never know.
There has always been an unofficial policy there of tolerating those with a load short of a brick, as long as they weren't attacking anyone.. Just shuffle them along to FOO when they get too intense.

I wouldn't equate AZ with Pasta. I think AZ knows he is full of it at times. He can even say "CIA" without evil music playing.. sometimes. :P

I didn't interface with Pasta all that much as I could observe I there wasn't much of a point in that. But if I thought I could help her I would have tried .
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Do not want to debate this issue here as any moment CS will protest this no place for this subject, he right

but

"AzariLoveIran" did not know what a "Forum" is until I read that article in Asia Times from Spengler saying all Iranian woman are whores

Zionist are in war, in warm (killing Iranian scientist), cold and soft war with our beloved Persia .. that war criminal Sharon and terrorist Begin and that "rat" Izak Shamir said and did all you would find in the book to Iran .. but , Iran did not counter .. until, our beloved Ahmadinejat had it

Why you guys complaining ? ? ? .. Zionist in America are in war with Iran in all fields and domains .. everywhere they attacking Iran

Pasta was a "snake", Ellen not much better .. Spengler head of the wolf-pack .. I handled them with silk gloves, as Azari has a good regards for Mosc*he and knows when dust settles we friends :lol:

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:I say ban HP for posting not-so-beautiful wimmen in the beautiful wimmen thread. :lol:
Most valid reason of all . . . :lol:
Nonc Hilaire wrote:Then ban him again for NOT posting a picture of the beautiful Iranian math Fields Medal laureate.

Indeed.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc wrote:
Parodite wrote:
Doc wrote:
Parodite wrote:

There has always been an unofficial policy there of tolerating those with a load short of a brick, as long as they weren't attacking anyone.. Just shuffle them along to FOO when they get too intense.
Part of the problem was that, despite request re SFRs, Mr. P. persisted attacking everyone and anyone who disagreed with him.
Doc wrote:I wouldn't equate AZ with Pasta. I think AZ knows he is full of it at times. He can even say "CIA" without evil music playing.. sometimes. :P

I didn't interface with Pasta all that much as I could observe I there wasn't much of a point in that. But if I thought I could help her I would have tried .
Pasta was paranoid.

Mr. P. had become a complete bore, diluting the quality of each thread with his "It's all the fault of X, Y, and Z" spam.

The Spenglerman forum and the PJMedia and Youtube comment sections are much better suited for his type of posts.

I had repeatedly ask him to elaborate on topics in which he claimed expertise, however, aside from guns, he did not or was not able to do so.

Someone previously posted an allusion to "grownups".

With grownup rights come grownup responsibilities.

For a number of reasons, my time available to mod this forum is rather limited these days, so a form of triage is in effect.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote:
Doc wrote:
Parodite wrote:
Doc wrote:
Parodite wrote:

Part of the problem was that, despite request re SFRs, Mr. P. persisted attacking everyone and anyone who disagreed with him.
Doc wrote:I wouldn't equate AZ with Pasta. I think AZ knows he is full of it at times. He can even say "CIA" without evil music playing.. sometimes. :P

Pasta was paranoid.

Mr. P. had become a complete bore, diluting the quality of each thread with his "It's all the fault of X, Y, and Z" spam.

The Spenglerman forum and the PJMedia and Youtube comment sections are much better suited for his type of posts.

I had repeatedly ask him to elaborate on topics in which he claimed expertise, however, aside from guns, he did not or was not able to do so.

For a number of reasons, my time available to mod this forum is rather limited these days, so a form of triage is in effect.

seconded

and

appreciate your time spend for mod, thanx Colonel

ARK

Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Typhoon wrote:Mr. P. had become a complete bore, diluting the quality of each thread with his "It's all the fault of X, Y, and Z" spam.

Are we supposed to censor the quality of anyone's posts? If we don't like Mr. P's posts we can always ignore them. But censor them?... By Zeus, I hate all sorts of censorship!
kmich

Post by kmich »

Endovelico wrote:
Typhoon wrote:Mr. P. had become a complete bore, diluting the quality of each thread with his "It's all the fault of X, Y, and Z" spam.

Are we supposed to censor the quality of anyone's posts? If we don't like Mr. P's posts we can always ignore them. But censor them?... By Zeus, I hate all sorts of censorship!
Censorship, other than for really egregious stuff: threats, hate speech and the like, is probably not really necessary. If I find a post insipid, insulting, incoherent, or meaningless I have learned to just ignore it. Don't respond, don't be provoked, just move on. I have found that works best although I realize people can be trying at times. MP has become a rather dour character who is constantly gunning for people whom he suspects or believes does not share his particular world views. Not at all supportive to any real, human discussion. I am not even sure he could pass a Turing Test. Nevertheless, we are all guests here, so this is Typhoon's call. This is actually a remarkably civil forum.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

kmich wrote: . . . MP has become a rather dour character who is constantly gunning for people whom he suspects or believes does not share his particular world views. Not at all supportive to any real, human discussion. I am not even sure he could pass a Turing Test. . . .
Quite.
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Hoping & Praying that you are well!

Post by monster_gardener »

Typhoon wrote:
Doc wrote:
Parodite wrote:
Doc wrote:
Parodite wrote:

Pasta was paranoid.

Thank You VERY MUCH for Your Post and Maintaining the Forum, Typhoon.
For a number of reasons, my time available to mod this forum is rather limited these days,
Hoping that your health is NOT one of the reasons.

Praying that you are as well as can be.

And that you will be healed by the physicians or miraculously :D :D :D

Your Friend,
MG
Last edited by monster_gardener on Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Senior King of a Civil Dyarchic Nation.....

Post by monster_gardener »

kmich wrote:
Endovelico wrote:

Censorship, other than for really egregious stuff: threats, hate speech and the like, is probably not really necessary. If I find a post insipid, insulting, incoherent, or meaningless I have learned to just ignore it. Don't respond, don't be provoked, just move on. I have found that works best although I realize people can be trying at times. MP has become a rather dour character who is constantly gunning for people whom he suspects or believes does not share his particular world views. Not at all supportive to any real, human discussion. I am not even sure he could pass a Turing Test. Nevertheless, we are all guests here, so this is Typhoon's call. This is actually a remarkably civil forum.
Thank You VERY MUCH for your post, kmich.
Nevertheless, we are all guests here, so this is Typhoon's call.
Quite correct.

Someone claimed this Forum is not a dictatorship.......

Maybe not.....

But Typhoon, the Esteemed Col. Sun of the East, is a King in his own home/castle.

Or along with YMix, Typhoon is the Senior Consul/Shogun of a Dyarchic Nation like Ancient Rome & Traditional Japan were......

This is actually a remarkably civil forum.
Quite true....

And probably one reason is fear of His Excellency, Colonel, Moderator & King Sun Typhoon deleting posts and/or banning posters etc....

Remembering that terrifying saying in the TANAKH:

'In those days, there was no king in the land and every man did what was right in his own eyes'..... :shock:

I know that Typhoons warnings to me have lead to me curbing my behavior or taking it to Hell if a Flyte ;) is deemed necessary.

I was/am NOT bothered by Mr. Perfect posts except to the extent that they sometimes shame me that I did not do more to prevent obama the Son of a Bitch Eating LIAR from being elected again: contributing to Romney instead of/in addition to voting for Anderson: even though Anderson was the better man, he was not going to beat obama.

I am glad he is a forum member.

I am grateful that he was ONLY banned for a month.

When I first heard about the banning I feared it was permanently as with Milo.

So thanks to Typhoon for showing mercy for whatever the ultimate offense was.

Hoping Mr. Perfect will be back soon.....

All of the Posters contribute to what the Forum is but the Moderator is the police man who has to make sure the party doesn't get too rowdy....

Often not a popular job....

Mistakes can be made...

But given the Depraved Sinful Egotistical Nature of Chaos Monkey Humans, it is IMVHO a necessary one....

Many/Most times, better a Monarchy or a Dyarchy than an Anarchy where every person's hand is against his or her fellow......
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

'In those days, there was no king in the land and every man did what was right in his own eyes'.....
Phrase comes at the end of the Book of Judges. The book relates the gradual failure and increasing corruption and dissipation of the rule of Hebrew Judges. Kings came later, and God thought kings were a bad idea.

Our judges seem pretty good. No need for kings :)
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Torchwood

Post by Torchwood »

Endovelico wrote:Mr. Perfect has been suspended from this forum. Although he is far from being my favourite poster I continue finding it very hard to accept this type of penalties. We are all grown up people and we can simply shrug Mr. P's excesses off without resorting to authoritarian measures. Mr. P's posts are well within the margins of the acceptable, even if he tends to be rude. I therefore protest against this decision.
Seconded, one dimensional shill he may be, but he is not a troll. This feels like censoring people you don't agree with, Typhoon, and I do not want to speak in an echo chamber.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Torchwood wrote:
Endovelico wrote:Mr. Perfect has been suspended from this forum. Although he is far from being my favourite poster I continue finding it very hard to accept this type of penalties. We are all grown up people and we can simply shrug Mr. P's excesses off without resorting to authoritarian measures. Mr. P's posts are well within the margins of the acceptable, even if he tends to be rude. I therefore protest against this decision.
Seconded, one dimensional shill he may be, but he is not a troll. This feels like censoring people you don't agree with, Typhoon, and I do not want to speak in an echo chamber.
Sorry, but I don't think that I am able to agree.

I'm not aware of another forum where such a large number of differing views on controversial topics are not only tolerated, but encouraged.
The US so-called "right wing" perspective continues to be well represented here.

After a number of years of cleaning up after Mr. P.'s one line shill/troll posts and rudeness to and targeting/stalking of other posters, this mod has had it and given Mr. P. a one month suspension.

Of course, it's his choice after the suspension is over. He may instead prefer the company of cassowary, liang, and Ro Ri.
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote:.

I'm not aware of another forum where such a large number of differing views on controversial topics are not only tolerated, but encouraged.

The US so-called "right wing" perspective continues to be well represented here.

:lol: :lol: True

In fact, seems, Chingiz Khan standing left of a few posters here :lol:

[Mod edit. This is not the place for another US + Muddled East debate.]

Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Typhoon wrote:
Torchwood wrote:

After a number of years of cleaning up after Mr. P.'s one line shill/troll posts and rudeness to and targeting/stalking of other posters, this mod has had it and given Mr. P. a one month suspension.

Of course, it's his choice after the suspension is over. He may instead prefer the company of cassowary, liang, and Ro Ri.
The right to censor is, at best, a very doubtful one. Personally I prefer to put up with Mr. P's lack of manners than with censorship in any shape or form. I can ignore Mr. P but I will never be able to ignore censorship.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Endovelico wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Torchwood wrote:

The right to censor is, at best, a very doubtful one.
Which is why temporary or permanent banning is very rarely used here.
Endovelico wrote: Personally I prefer to put up with Mr. P's lack of manners than with censorship in any shape or form.
This mod does not. The SFRs are, I think, both simple and clear. Posting to this site implies agreement to abide by them.
Endovelico wrote: I can ignore Mr. P but I will never be able to ignore censorship.
Outside of this forum you are [probably] subject to far far more heavy handed censorship all the time. How do you deal with it?
kmich

Post by kmich »

Censorship happens all the time as a matter of choice whether in a de jure choice by moderators or in de facto choice by participants. If someone in a discussion is predictably surly and contemptuous on certain issues, suppression of discussion on such issues is quite likely as participants who simply do not want to deal with such responses withhold their own speech.

As I said before, I am not interested in either supporting or challenging Typhoon’s call on MP. It is not my call. I don’t think it is particularly a big deal either that calls for any dudgeon.
Doc

Post by Doc »

kmich wrote:Censorship happens all the time as a matter of choice whether in a de jure choice by moderators or in de facto choice by participants. If someone in a discussion is predictably surly and contemptuous on certain issues, suppression of discussion on such issues is quite likely as participants who simply do not want to deal with such responses withhold their own speech.

As I said before, I am not interested in either supporting or challenging Typhoon’s call on MP. It is not my call. I don’t think it is particularly a big deal either that calls for any dudgeon.
You're such a good kid Kmich.
kmich

Post by kmich »

Doc wrote:
kmich wrote:Censorship happens all the time as a matter of choice whether in a de jure choice by moderators or in de facto choice by participants. If someone in a discussion is predictably surly and contemptuous on certain issues, suppression of discussion on such issues is quite likely as participants who simply do not want to deal with such responses withhold their own speech.

Sometimes. I also can be a complete dick.
Doc

Post by Doc »

kmich wrote:
Doc wrote:

Sometimes. I also can be a complete dick.
I'm sure. :P
Heracleum Persicum

Nonc Hilaire wrote:I say ban HP for posting not-so-beautiful wimmen in the beautiful wimmen thread. :lol:

Then ban him again for NOT posting a picture of the beautiful Iranian math Nobel laureate.

Funny .. :lol:

NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Are we still allowed to speak freely?

For the love of Baldur's Gimlet, banning Mr.P is petty. The forum owner never shied away from giving just as much as Mr.P in the back-and-forths antagonisms; and personalized it just as much. A Typhoon post about US conservatives, to me, always read above all as being at its heart anti-Mr.P. If P said yang, the owner in question would appear to say yin. And banning him, even if it's only a month, merely confirms this impression.

Having said that, the forum has been run much better than the previous one; where the owner would suffer mood swings and throw temper tantrums if someone wasn't super-interested in his favored topic of the moment.

But there is something hypocritical about the owner citing an inordinate amount of antagonistic posting when he is not above it; whether on his own forum or assuming the handle Ubu Hex to troll the Spengler forum he was kicked off unfairly (which is my understanding of events, I was not around for any of that.)

Maybe I am being unfair or reading too much into it. The owner has every right to hold the forum whatever standards [and application of those standards] he wishes. And I do not expect the owner to see the situation in the same way. But after a bit of reflection, I thought it shouldn't go unsaid.