Complaints

Code of conduct, technical issues and problems, suggestions, and/or complaints
Typhoon

Re: Complaints

Post by Typhoon »

Marcus wrote:
Farcus wrote:
Marcus wrote:
Skin Job wrote:. . The truly great are almost universally humble, while pretenders need to strut and swagger.
A nice point, Skin Job, and nicely taken.
"Ye shall know them by their hubris" . . . :?:
Works for me . . should be the motto of these fora . . . :oops:
People who have conversations with their sock puppets are pathetic.
I went back and clicked on "Display this post" in order to find out what generated the subsequent exchange that was moved to Hell. No problem with that.'

But why wasn't F's bullshit post (above) that started the whole thing not moved to Hell as well? It's plainly ad hominem abuse of me/Skin Job.
Valid complaint. It was missed. Sorry.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Re: Why are these guys always Republicans?

Post by Typhoon »

Farcus wrote:
Skin Job wrote:
YMix wrote:
Skin Job wrote:I dispute the notion that the OP, or the moderators for that matter, have the authority to define what sort of ideologue the phrase "these guys" encompasses.
Either I don't understand you correctly or you don't understand how a forum works.
Oh, I understand. You have the authority to move, delete, or ban, but you don't get to decide what words mean to us. Sorry to impugn your presumed omnipotence, sir.
Well, you sure showed me!
I'll remind you to keep a civil tone when you address the staff. You don't pay them to take your guff.
I would like to remind impassioned posters to keep a civil tone with each other:

viewtopic.php?p=65#p65

It's okay to say "I disagree . . . " rather than "You #@$#%$^%&^*! . . ."
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Skin Job wrote:Oh, I understand. You have the authority to move, delete, or ban, but you don't get to decide what words mean to us. Sorry to impugn your presumed omnipotence, sir.
That chip on your shoulder must really chafe.

Listen, the OP starts the discussion and the mods keep it on topic. What the words mean is something we are supposed to find out through discussion. If Ibrahim says "these guys are Republicans", it's up to you to disprove him or to ask for proof or whatever. That's how a forum works. Complaining about definitions is useless. Either prove him wrong or stay out of the thread.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Skin Job

Post by Skin Job »

You are right. I'm sorry.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Skin Job wrote:You are right. I'm sorry.
No problem.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
Jnalum Persicum

Post by Jnalum Persicum »

Why is such an important post that I posted in "American Politics and Society"
landed in Hell ? ?

Lawrence Wilkerson is a retired United States Army soldier and former chief of staff to United States Secretary of State Colin Powell .. he saying some forces in America pushing for war with Iran .. similar to when they pushed to war with Iraq

Is this not the most important news of the day ? ? ?

This Romney campaign is control by War mongerers .. Bolton & company

Has this to be in Hell ? ? ? ?

this shows biased

YMix

Post by YMix »

Because you spammed two subforums with the same post.
Jnalum Persicum

YMix wrote:.

Because you spammed two subforums with the same post.

It was neither spammed nor posted double

I deleted one and posted in other subforum

YMix

Post by YMix »

Jnalum Persicum wrote:I deleted one and posted in other subforum.
Didn't see that. Thread restored.
Jnalum Persicum

YMix wrote:
Jnalum Persicum wrote:.

I deleted one and posted in other subforum.
Didn't see that. Thread restored.

Appreciate, YMix, Merci

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

It's interesting to watch moderators participate in thread hijacks.
Censorship isn't necessary
YMix

Post by YMix »

Mr. Perfect wrote:It's interesting to watch moderators participate in thread hijacks.
Try harder.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

YMix wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:It's interesting to watch moderators participate in thread hijacks.
Try harder.
At what? Stating the obvious? This is the best i can do.
Censorship isn't necessary
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

You are correct in noting that the debate on population growth vs resources is too far removed from the original thread topic.

However, your manner in stating it does come across as a bit petulant.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Mr. Perfect wrote:At what? Stating the obvious? This is the best i can do.
By page 6, 7 or 9 of a thread, the conversation has already spread to any number of topics, related or not.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

YMix wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:At what? Stating the obvious? This is the best i can do.
By page 6, 7 or 9 of a thread, the conversation has already spread to any number of topics, related or not.
As threads tend to do :wink:

Also a valid point. Mencken, eugenics, and biblical literalism are unrelated to the the original thread topic.

However, I suggest that we let them be for now.
Skin Job

Post by Skin Job »

May I be perceived as waggish rather than petulant when pointing out that some digressions are more equal than others! ;)

I'm enjoying the wide-ranging discussion.
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

yuss....... my bon mots are better than some others.....'>.......
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Farcus

Post by Farcus »

What a lovely bunch of coconuts.
Enki

Re: Democrat states and Republican states

Post by Enki »

Typhoon wrote:Reads like these Republicrat and Demopublican states deserve each other.
What are you gonna do?
Merge them.
Your tendency toward massive disorganized mega threads is the worst thing about this forum.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Typhoon

Re: Democrat states and Republican states

Post by Typhoon »

Enki wrote:
Typhoon wrote:Reads like these Republicrat and Demopublican states deserve each other.
What are you gonna do?
Merge them.
Your tendency toward massive disorganized mega threads is the worst thing about this forum.
According to the board counter there are 1061 threads. Too few for yew?
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

From the Pakistan to Hell thread, the Mod remarked before locking the thread:
It's a constant source of bemusement to me as to why anonymous posters become so emotional and petty when another anonymous posters disagrees with their personal worldview.
Posters merely disagreeing??? Now that's bemusing...

Colonel Sun, you are racist, a bigot, a terrible human being, you like people be killed, Breivik obviously is one of your bed fellows.
Colonel Sun, you are racist, a bigot, a terrible human being, you like people be killed, Breivik obviously is one of your bed fellows.

Whenever you open your mouth this is all too clear.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

It comes as absolutely no surprise that some posters, those that are only capable of perceiving their own grievances, will

1/ completely miss the point; and

2/ act in a manner that only serves to reinforce my observation.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Typhoon wrote:It comes as absolutely no surprise that some posters, those that are only capable of perceiving their own grievances, will

Indeed you entirely missed the point, which is no surprise to me.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Parodite wrote:
Typhoon wrote:It comes as absolutely no surprise that some posters, those that are only capable of perceiving their own grievances, will

Indeed you entirely missed the point, which is no surprise to me.
That someone on the internet called you a naughty name and now you're having a temper tantrum?

No need to mention it. It's self-evident.