Complaints

Code of conduct, technical issues and problems, suggestions, and/or complaints
Endovelico

Re: Complaints

Post by Endovelico »

Typhoon wrote:As for scientific papers, one always has a large percentage increase when starting from a base of nearly zero.
Azari, don't pay any attention to Typhoon. Being a member of the has-been societies, he has some trouble dealing with ancient but reborn societies, like China and Iran. Maybe he will live long enough to see the reactivated ancient societies overcoming the decrepit toothless former empires, like the one he lives in and the one he so much admires...

ATTENTION: This is my third attempt at publishing this post, which our diligent mod keeps deleting. Does any of you see any reason for this persistent censorship? Is the "decrepit toothless former empires" bit?...
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Endovelico wrote:
Typhoon wrote:As for scientific papers, one always has a large percentage increase when starting from a base of nearly zero.
Azari, don't pay any attention to Typhoon. Being a member of the has-been societies, he has some trouble dealing with ancient but reborn societies, like China and Iran. Maybe he will live long enough to see the reactivated ancient societies overcoming the decrepit toothless former empires, like the one he lives in and the one he so much admires...

ATTENTION: This is my third attempt at publishing this post, which our diligent mod keeps deleting. Does any of you see any reason for this persistent censorship? Is the "decrepit toothless former empires" bit?...
Your post went to Hell, where it belongs.

The SFRs apply to everyone, even to you.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Endovelico

Re: U.S. Foreign Policy

Post by Endovelico »

Typhoon wrote:Anyways, the exception does not prove the rule as there are smart exceptional people from everywhere.
This phrase, on a thread in which I referred to a Portuguese scientist, was meant to give a false and offensive image of my country.
This was meant to give a false and offensive image of Azari's country.

Although I will post this also in the complaints thread, I felt it also belonged here as it refers to Typhoon actions, which are demeaning to other forum members. As he keeps deleting my posts under all sorts of unreasonable excuses, I thought it worthwhile to point out how close Typhoon often comes to being insulting to some of us.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Endovelico wrote:
Typhoon wrote:Anyways, the exception does not prove the rule as there are smart exceptional people from everywhere.
This phrase, on a thread in which I referred to a Portuguese scientist, was meant to give a false and offensive image of my country.
So you claim. Demonstrate otherwise.

And, so what? Anyone's country is fair game.

Review your countless diatribes against the USA, Britain, Germany, the Northern Europe, and Japan.

Contrary to what you apparently believe, your country is not special and above criticism.

The SFRs are quite clear. Any country is fair game, while calling another poster names, because it happens to be your country, is not.
Endovelico wrote:
It's accurate.
Endovelico wrote:Although I will post this also in the complaints thread, I felt it also belonged here as it refers to Typhoon actions, which are demeaning to other forum members. As he keeps deleting my posts under all sorts of unreasonable excuses, I thought it worthwhile to point out how close Typhoon often comes to being insulting to some of us.
Once again, you do not have special dispensation with regards to the SFRs to act as a petulant little whiner on the forum threads every time someone disagrees with you.

Further whining on your part in the forum threads will be summarily deleted as it is too much work to move it to Hell and certainly not worth the bother.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Typhoon wrote:
Endovelico wrote:
So you claim. Demonstrate otherwise.

And, so what? Anyone's country is fair game.

Review your countless diatribes against the USA, Britain, Germany, the Northern Europe, and Japan.

Contrary to what you apparently believe, your country is not special and above criticism.

The SFRs are quite clear. Any country is fair game, while calling another poster names, because it happens to be your country, is not.
Endovelico wrote:
It's accurate.
Endovelico wrote:Although I will post this also in the complaints thread, I felt it also belonged here as it refers to Typhoon actions, which are demeaning to other forum members. As he keeps deleting my posts under all sorts of unreasonable excuses, I thought it worthwhile to point out how close Typhoon often comes to being insulting to some of us.
Once again, you do not have special dispensation with regards to the SFRs to act as a petulant little whiner on the forum threads every time someone disagrees with you.

Further whining on your part in the forum threads will be summarily deleted as it is too much work to move it to Hell and certainly not worth the bother.
Sieg Heil!!!...
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Get used to it.

Endovelico

Motion

Post by Endovelico »

In view of the latest Typhoon's post on this thread, I believe it has become quite clear that Typhoon is not up to the task of moderating, as he singles out members with whom he doesn't agree for discriminatory treatment, and feels free to be abusive and biased well beyond the limits of what might be tolerable. While the rest of us can healthily disagree with each other's views, we always stay within the bounds of civility and never attempt limiting other people's right to an opinion. Typhoon is authoritarian and sometimes comes close to being offensive.

I therefore move that Typhoon be relieved of his moderating tasks, leaving that task only to YMix, who has long proven to be well up to that task. A task he rarely feels it needs being fulfilled, because we hardly ever step outside the limits of the acceptable. Otherwise the free environment we like to have for discussing will be threatened to the point that may make this forum impossible to keep
Parodite

Re: Motion

Post by Parodite »

LOL
Deep down I'm very superficial
noddy

Post by noddy »

i think you will find ymix got bored of reading "all x's are y' a long time ago and largely stopped posting.

dont let that bother you tho.
ultracrepidarian
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Typhoon wrote:Get used to it.

That's the problem with Japanese/German restaurants. An hour later you are hungry for power.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
noddy

Post by noddy »

we no serve american jews, only orange juice.
ultracrepidarian
YMix

Post by YMix »

Standartenführer Sun!
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Endovelico wrote:
Although I will post this also in the complaints thread, I felt it also belonged here as it refers to Typhoon actions, which are demeaning to other forum members. As he keeps deleting my posts under all sorts of unreasonable excuses, I thought it worthwhile to point out how close Typhoon often comes to being insulting to some of us.
:lol:

This is what concerns me about other people looking out for my feelings or the feelings of anyone other than themselves. Really? :lol:

Could anything on Earth possibly be worse than when someone comes close to being insulted? When I was young, I used to obsess with how often I came close to getting laid by some hot chick...... then I realized it was all in my head.

First world problems..... I'm going to McDonalds, buy some coffee, spill it on myself, and see if I can find a lawyer willing to sue the pants off of Ronald.
Endovelico wrote:...... Otherwise the free environment we like to have for discussing will be threatened to the point that may make this forum impossible to keep.
social evolution..... it is the only thing that is both green and sustainable!
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

YMix wrote:

Standartenführer Sun!
I thought he was taller.

But then he'd be Korean....... right?
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

I have always felt that this forum didn't need active moderating, because we generally behave pretty well towards each other. Typhoon is the only person here who feels he has a right to tell us what we should or should not say. Totally unnecessarily. He mistakes his opinions for the acceptable norm for opinions on this forum. The garbage he believes in becomes acceptable, other people's garbage are dumped into Hell. Now, I have long decided that the only possible reaction to other people's garbage is ignoring it. The very "moral" Typhoon, maybe culturally influenced, feels he has a duty to "clean" that garbage, so that it doesn't affect "his" house. This inquisitional standpoint is not only very annoying, it is also not legitimate and hinders free speech as we understand it. We southerners are not very keen on rules, which is sometimes harmful but makes life a lot less stressful. Typhoon feels he is an intellectual samurai, with a code that must be respected by all... by force if necessary. Not my cup of tea at all!...
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Endo, I take this forum to be a party organized and falcilitated by Col-Sun and YMix. As hosts and owners they are totally free to moderate the way they see fit. As a guest I can stay or leave when I don't like the party anymore for whatevah reason. What else is there? Different opinions about the quality of their moderation I guess.. but that won't change much. They are grown up knuckleheads as we all are here who are not convinced by anything others say here anyways. ;)

If you want to know my opinion about one or more terrible acts of moderation by the Colonel.. I need to see the text that he moved to Hell, deleted or other....
YMix

Post by YMix »

I am a guest here, just like the rest. Colonel Sun is the only owner.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Parodite wrote:Endo, I take this forum to be a party organized and falcilitated by Col-Sun and YMix. As hosts and owners they are totally free to moderate the way they see fit. As a guest I can stay or leave when I don't like the party anymore for whatevah reason. What else is there? Different opinions about the quality of their moderation I guess.. but that won't change much. They are grown up knuckleheads as we all are here who are not convinced by anything others say here anyways. ;)

If you want to know my opinion about one or more terrible acts of moderation by the Colonel.. I need to see the text that he moved to Hell, deleted or other....
I would have some difficulty in retrieving the posts of mine which have been adulterated - censored! - by Typhoon or completely eliminated. But there have been several and I can assure you that they contained nothing offensive to anyone. You all know me long enough to know that I do not insult or offend others, even when I am a target of questionable comments. Typhoon may own this forum but that does not give him the right to be arbitrary and authoritarian towards intelligent and civilized people, as we all are. If he feels that force is an acceptable replacement for reason, then he doesn't know how to live among intelligent and civilized people. If I can't get him to give up his moderating (?) tasks, I will try to keep intercourse with the rest of you, whom I very much appreciate, and ignore him, until such a moment when his interference makes my staying here impossible. Some people can't help destroying what they can't control absolutely.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

YMix wrote:I am a guest here, just like the rest. Colonel Sun is the only owner.
Ahw ok.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Endovelico wrote:I would have some difficulty in retrieving the posts of mine which have been adulterated - censored! - by Typhoon or completely eliminated. But there have been several and I can assure you that they contained nothing offensive to anyone. You all know me long enough to know that I do not insult or offend others, even when I am a target of questionable comments. Typhoon may own this forum but that does not give him the right to be arbitrary and authoritarian towards intelligent and civilized people, as we all are. If he feels that force is an acceptable replacement for reason, then he doesn't know how to live among intelligent and civilized people. If I can't get him to give up his moderating (?) tasks, I will try to keep intercourse with the rest of you, whom I very much appreciate, and ignore him, until such a moment when his interference makes my staying here impossible. Some people can't help destroying what they can't control absolutely.
I have hardly any complaints.. what can I say. Typhoon can do things you feel are arbitrary or worse.. but that he feels are justified. These differences of perception and position... what can you do?

I'd say, let it be and keep posting! Nothing what we say here changes much anyways and nothing will be preserved for eternity. The good news: we can't forget what what we can't remember... so nothing is lost. ;)
Typhoon

Re: Europe

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: . . .

Fora rules, you post so often, valid for you too

in that sense

I let you go this time

if repeated, I will open the flood gates and you will be at the receiving end, no matter what

ACHTUNG :lol:

Next time I'll remember to use the <humour> . . . </humour> tag.

As for "threatening" me, don't push your luck. You were banned from the Spenglerman board for far less.

Rather, appreciate that you're tolerated here and that you're not restricted to only posting in the "Conspiracy Theories and other Looney Tunes" thread.

It can be arranged, if you continue to insist.
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Azari,

Ignore "him"... You will never be able to defeat those particular idiosyncrasies... And the general exchange of ideas can very well continue if we ignore "him"...
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:

in that sense

I let you go this time

if repeated, I will open the flood gates and you will be at the receiving end, no matter what

As for "threatening" me, don't push your luck. You were banned from the Spenglerman board for far less.

Rather, appreciate that you're tolerated here and that you're not restricted to only posting in the "Conspiracy Theories and other Looney Tunes" thread.

Typhoon,

Consider the source. ;)
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Endovelico wrote:Azari,

Ignore "him"... You will never be able to defeat those particular idiosyncrasies... And the general exchange of ideas can very well continue if we ignore "him"...
Endo,

Great advice for most internet posters. If we were doing important stuff in the real world we wouldn't be posting much. Would we?
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Simple Minded wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

in that sense

I let you go this time

Typhoon,

Consider the source. ;)
Of course.

While it is bit tiresome to have this forum a dumping ground for conspiracy theories about the Joos, Perfidious Albion, Malicious Merkin, Naughty Nippon, a flood of Russian agitprop, and the imminent, yet always future, glory of Greater Bananastanwhateverstan, there are lots of people who have one or more such beliefs, so one should have at least one representative poster. :wink: