Technical Issues and Problems

Code of conduct, technical issues and problems, suggestions, and/or complaints
Typhoon

Backup

Post by Typhoon »

Full backup done today.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Re: Technical Issues and Problems

Post by Typhoon »

Full backup done today.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Full backup done today.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

phpBB upgrade: 3.0.11
Doc

Post by Doc »

It appears that the database may need rebuilding. I have been seeing a few oddities.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc wrote:It appears that the database may need rebuilding. I have been seeing a few oddities.
Can you elaborate?
noddy

Post by noddy »

Doc wrote:It appears that the database may need rebuilding. I have been seeing a few oddities.
its alright, they dont post that often.
ultracrepidarian
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:
Can you elaborate?
Sorry I didn't see your response sooner. The other night I did a preview and the post you just made showed up instead of mine. -- In my preview pane. Plus I have had a couple of posts that seem to disappear. Just back arrowed and resubmitted but something is just a bit buggy.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Post by Doc »

noddy wrote:
its alright, they dont post that often.
We don't need their kind around here !!! :P
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Test
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Test 2
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Test 3
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Test 4.

New icons now visible and active for all the social media boffins.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

This forum was down for several hours.

The problem was site wide with regards to the hosting company - Bluehost: the reason given is a power surge from Provo, UT.

https://twitter.com/bluehost/status/297932439840489472

Used Is it down right now? to check.
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Post by monster_gardener »

Typhoon wrote:This forum was down for several hours.

The problem was site wide with regards to the hosting company - Bluehost: the reason given is a power surge from Provo, UT.

Thank you VERY Much for your post, Typhoon and all the work you and YMix do to maintain the forum.

Thanks for the explanation........ Noticed, wondered and was concerned..........

Thanks for the Link..........

Your Friend
MG
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:This forum was down for several hours.

I noticed it was down as well. This morning the pages are hanging when loading for a while. I can load other pages fine. Then a few minutes later no problem.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Doc wrote:. . This morning the pages are hanging when loading for a while. I can load other pages fine. Then a few minutes later no problem.

I experience this from time to time as well . . pages hanging . .
"The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time."
--- Richard Nixon
"I consider looseness with words no less of a defect than looseness of the bowels."
—John Calvin
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

Since I will wait forever to get an answer an' stuff, I might as well ask it here. Trying to log on at PJM, yes, them, to my account to post a comment the log on screen freezes. Won't load anything, won't go a step further. Opening the activity windoow I get "TOO MANY HTTP REDIRECTS" in red type. What does that mean?........

To clear my browsing history in order to shy a turd at waxie? Doesn't seem worth it to me.....
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:To clear my browsing history in order to shy a turd at waxie? Doesn't seem worth it to me.....

It isn't . . trust me . . .
"The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time."
--- Richard Nixon
"I consider looseness with words no less of a defect than looseness of the bowels."
—John Calvin
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:Since I will wait forever to get an answer an' stuff, I might as well ask it here. Trying to log on at PJM, yes, them, to my account to post a comment the log on screen freezes. Won't load anything, won't go a step further. Opening the activity windoow I get "TOO MANY HTTP REDIRECTS" in red type. What does that mean?........

To clear my browsing history in order to shy a turd at waxie? Doesn't seem worth it to me.....
I don't think clearing your browser history will fix the problem. Nor will deleting the PJ cookies.

I think it's a problem with their site, probably some new security software . . .
Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote: What does that mean?........
Watched that twice and I'm still not sure what happened :?
Been busy doing stuff
YMix

Post by YMix »

Hoosiernorm wrote:Watched that twice and I'm still not sure what happened :?
Purely psychosomatic.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:Since I will wait forever to get an answer an' stuff, I might as well ask it here. Trying to log on at PJM, yes, them, to my account to post a comment the log on screen freezes. Won't load anything, won't go a step further. Opening the activity windoow I get "TOO MANY HTTP REDIRECTS" in red type. What does that mean?........

What browser are you using when this happens?
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

Safari ver. 4.1.3 on a PowerPC running Mac OS 10.4.11.......

No later version of Safari nor any other browser will be supported on this system. I have a later version miniMac and I'll have to switch over to that........
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

YMix wrote:
Hoosiernorm wrote:Watched that twice and I'm still not sure what happened :?
Purely psychosomatic.
Yes but the beat holds it all together in a way that it's not suppose to. Watch it without sound and then listen to it without the visual. Neither the choreography or the audio can stand alone but when you mix them together it holds together exactly nothing...........

It's almost hypnotic in a high fever, spicy food, and NyQuil Gin and Tonic sort of way where you wake up in the front seat of the car with someone else s clothes on.
Been busy doing stuff