Poverty

Now, what news on the Rialto?
Heracleum Persicum

Poverty

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

World’s 100 richest earned enough in 2012 to end global poverty 4 times over

The world's 100 richest people earned a stunning total of $240 billion in 2012 – enough money to end extreme poverty worldwide four times over, Oxfam has revealed, adding that the global economic crisis is further enriching the super-rich.

“The richest 1 percent has increased its income by 60 percent in the last 20 years with the financial crisis accelerating rather than slowing the process,” while the income of the top 0.01 percent has seen even greater growth, a new Oxfam report said.

For example, the luxury goods market has seen double-digit growth every year since the crisis hit, the report stated. And while the world's 100 richest people earned $240 billion last year, people in "extreme poverty" lived on less than $1.25 a day.

YMix

Re: Poverty

Post by YMix »

Thread moved from Philosophy subforum.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

World’s 100 richest earned enough in 2012 to end global poverty 4 times over

The world's 100 richest people earned a stunning total of $240 billion in 2012 – enough money to end extreme poverty worldwide four times over, Oxfam has revealed, adding that the global economic crisis is further enriching the super-rich.

“The richest 1 percent has increased its income by 60 percent in the last 20 years with the financial crisis accelerating rather than slowing the process,” while the income of the top 0.01 percent has seen even greater growth, a new Oxfam report said.

For example, the luxury goods market has seen double-digit growth every year since the crisis hit, the report stated. And while the world's 100 richest people earned $240 billion last year, people in "extreme poverty" lived on less than $1.25 a day.

So Oxfam via Russia today is saying there are 131,506,849 extremely poor people in the world assuming that they are talking about just doubling the income of the extreme poor.

My point is that these numbers on their face look cooked. The number of poor seems way to low. The solution way to thin.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Azaris, this is the goal of leftism, leftism creates poverty and the top 1% can have all the money. It has grown greater since Obama, all according to plan. Everyone likes it, and keeps voting for it.
Censorship isn't necessary
Doc

Post by Doc »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Azaris, this is the goal of leftism, leftism creates poverty and the top 1% can have all the money. It has grown greater since Obama, all according to plan. Everyone likes it, and keeps voting for it.
That is why "ecologists" don't like building power plants in Africa. Insist that it all be green energy on the poorest continent. They can cook over renewable wood fires. :evil:
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Mr. Perfect wrote:.

Azari, this is the goal of leftism, leftism creates poverty and the top 1% can have all the money. It has grown greater since Obama, all according to plan. Everyone likes it, and keeps voting for it.

Don't misunderstand, MP

Am with you

Obama destroying the essence, engine, of American economy

America, as Bill Gates correctly said, is not built on fairness, or humanitarian principles ..

Noo, far from it, very far

Were those barons of capitalism who built America last 200 yrs Mr. Nice Guys ?

Were they humanist ?

Were Henry Ford or Mellon or Duke fair or humanist

well

here is where things split

some say, yes, those barons of industry were good people because they built Ford Motor company or they established Duke university, end justifying the means

others say, wait a minute, important is how you get there .. Paris Hilton putting video clip on YouTube she giving a Blow Job making her famous and rich not same as inventing Polio vaccine becoming rich and famous .. Kardashian not same as Mr. Brain-surgeon

Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Azaris, this is the goal of leftism, leftism creates poverty and the top 1% can have all the money. It has grown greater since Obama, all according to plan. Everyone likes it, and keeps voting for it.
Do you ever consider using your brains before making statements like this?...