Classic market bubble; leading to death

Now, what news on the Rialto?
Enki

Re: Classic market bubble; leading to death

Post by Enki »

Employment statistics are always silly.

When we look at employment statistics from the early 20th century, we don't recognize that we actually had nearly 50% unemployment. Now that we have women in the workforce, our statistics include everyone capable. Then we have all the juking of unemployment and underemployment. Worldwide employment is up compared to what it was in the past. I have friends living in tents and planting their own crops. Are they employed, unemployed or underemployed?

We have technologies about to completely and totally disrupt the idea of the job itself. Whole industries are going to go kaput. 3D printing grew 1b in the first two decades , 1b in the next 5 years, and is growing at a rate of roughly 1b every two years now. It's projected to be a $ 6b industry by 2017 and traditional companies are seriously considering how it's going to affect its supply chains. As I enter this industry more, I see a lot regarding the nature of IP versus physical product. I don't think most people give serious enough thought to quite how much of the world economy is based around getting physical goods from one side of the planet to another. Within the next 50 years international shipping will be almost exclusively commodities and complex specialty items. The cheap plastic crap business model that drove China's economic development is going to vanish almost overnight. When Staples finishes installing the M-Cor Iris in all of their locations, then the entire way we look at such things is going to change.

3D Printing and Driverless cars will kill more jobs than anything in history.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

If jobs are about to be obsolete why did you guys spend all those trillions on stimulus.
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

So it looks like the year long pumping will continue indefinitely. It is an amazing time to be alive, in the same way it must have been amazing to watch human sacrifice in ancient South America. I feel like every day is the twilight zone. The economy is roaring according to the Democrat Media complex yet it requires unprecedented STPN, several years now after the initial event. Just to produce historically low job growth. I guess the goal is the run the Dow to 20,000 before it drops to 6,000. Who knows what you people are trying to achieve.
Censorship isn't necessary