Housing

Now, what news on the Rialto?
noddy

Housing

Post by noddy »

an interesting picture of where the rich from each country are spending their property money.
ultracrepidarian
Enki

Re: Housing

Post by Enki »

All of these rich assholes are buying up property in NYC and then spending almost no time in it. I hate them. ;p

But a marginal tax increase is going to send them running for the hills. :lol:

Oh Bill de Blasio, don't you know, people come to NY because it's a cheap place to be! Forget the museums, theaters, networking clubs, nightclubs, fine dining and world class social scene. No! They come here to save money! And you're going to ruin it for everyone! (Nevermind that the Mayor can't increase taxes, only the state legislature can do that.) It's gonna be bedlam, anarchy! The Empire State Building is going to fall over and crush the Statue of Liberty!

But yeah, back to the topic. genuflect Russian and Chinese oligarchs!
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Doc

Post by Doc »

Enki wrote:All of these rich assholes are buying up property in NYC and then spending almost no time in it. I hate them. ;p
Not buying they are renting and then moving to Florida in retriement because they can afford to pay for their rent controlled apartments in NYC>
But a marginal tax increase is going to send them running for the hills. :lol:

Oh Bill de Blasio, don't you know, people come to NY because it's a cheap place to be! Forget the museums, theaters, networking clubs, nightclubs, fine dining and world class social scene. No! They come here to save money! And you're going to ruin it for everyone! (Nevermind that the Mayor can't increase taxes, only the state legislature can do that.) It's gonna be bedlam, anarchy! The Empire State Building is going to fall over and crush the Statue of Liberty!

But yeah, back to the topic. genuflect Russian and Chinese oligarchs!
Doesn't mean anything to me.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Enki

Post by Enki »

Doc wrote:Not buying they are renting and then moving to Florida in retriement because they can afford to pay for their rent controlled apartments in NYC>
It's both. There are a ton of mostly not occupied apartments that are not on the market because a lot of rich folks have their place in New York. And rent control is no more, if you're not grandfathered in, you can't get a rent controlled apartment. So this is irrelevant to people buying or leasing now.
Just laughing at the hysteria that electing Bill de Blasio is going to cause a financial collapse in NYC.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Doc

Post by Doc »

Enki wrote:
Doc wrote:Not buying they are renting and then moving to Florida in retriement because they can afford to pay for their rent controlled apartments in NYC>
It's both. There are a ton of mostly not occupied apartments that are not on the market because a lot of rich folks have their place in New York. And rent control is no more, if you're not grandfathered in, you can't get a rent controlled apartment. So this is irrelevant to people buying or leasing now.
Just laughing at the hysteria that electing Bill de Blasio is going to cause a financial collapse in NYC.
]

I doubt that The rich will always get their exemptions no matter what. The "progressive tax" is just an illusion. It will however make NYC a more miserable place to live for the not rich
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
noddy

Post by noddy »

outside the inevitable merkin polytics these stats are interesting to me as a vote by the rich for the best places for rich people.

if you believe in right wing trickle down then these are good places to be hehehahahah hoho. sigh.
ultracrepidarian