Months to financial Obamagedon

Now, what news on the Rialto?
Doc

Months to financial Obamagedon

Post by Doc »

I have been talking to a lot of people positions to know. The end seems to be near. Cash is growing scarce. I noticed that the Stock market is dropping because investors fear that QE is about to end because of the budget deal. When in truth all the Quantitative easing's horses and all the Quantitative easing's men aren't going to be able to put this economy back together again. :shock:

All because of Obama "Hope" and "Change". People are starting to realize they are going to have to put up much more money each month into their health care premiums or their employer can no longer afford to insure them. So spending is slowing down tremendously. So if the course is not changed....Well anyway this is my prediction. I didn't want to say anything until I found out what the numbers are coming in. They are grime so now I agree with Mr. P's assessment on Obamacare and the economy. We are at best merely roman soldiers guarding a door in Pompeii looking for relief that is not coming.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Mr. Perfect

Re: Months to financial Obamagedon

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Sometime in this term. As early as 2014, possible as late as 2016. The Panglossian attitude out there is really astonishing. Some people seem to think bubbles aren't possible. I really don't know how to react to that, other than taking note of who won't be allowed on the Ark.
Censorship isn't necessary
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

It's unclear what QE has to do with hope or change. The Federal Reserve is governed independently -- by a Bush appointee, no less -- and does not take its marching orders from the administration. The only consensus that exists right now is that the stock market is overvalued and due for a correction of ~10%. Unlike the mortgage crisis, there does not appear to be any consensus about a larger, systemic risk in the system that would cause another 2008-like unwinding.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote:It's unclear what QE has to do with hope or change. The Federal Reserve is governed independently -- by a Bush appointee, no less -- and does not take its marching orders from the administration. The only consensus that exists right now is that the stock market is overvalued and due for a correction of ~10%. Unlike the mortgage crisis, there does not appear to be any consensus about a larger, systemic risk in the system that would cause another 2008-like unwinding.
If Obama did not support QE it would end.Obama certainly re=appointed him THe fact that Bernanke is quitting should be a heads up considering recent history. There was no consensus about systematic risk in 2008.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

There will be no "financial Obamagedon"

they will keep printing as long as it takes

but

things will not be universal

not all assets will go up , some will come down again

keep in mind, this a global competition, sort of economic soft war

in that sense, governments must keep the "cost of doing business" down

what does it mean ? ?

it means, wages will fall, real estate will fall, commodity prices (except food) will fall, energy prices will NOT fall but stabilize

and

specific stocks, specific sectors, real wealth generating industry, will go up .. "consumer sector" will not go up, sideways

and

there will be no "financial Obamagedon"

what to so ? ?

buy stocks .. specific stocks

Doc

Post by Doc »

We are going to be beyond printing money as a solution very soon. Any family of four for example that makes more than 27K per year is not going to get any subsidy for health care that 70% that have singed up for Obamacare say has gone up by at least 40 to 50% So everyone is suddenly going to have to come up with 100's to thousands in the case of people with pre-existing conditions every month. QE only helps the banks and the stock markets not people living on main street. The result is going to be a huge contraction Look at it this way 27k = about $1350 per month. After paying out about 600 or 700 hundred for rent then another 300 to 400 for food. Then utilities which might run several 100 for heat in the winter water around 100 per month and there is no room left for health insurance. Come next Sept people that have health insurance through work, if they have not lost it before then will be getting their cancellation notices. Then they will be in the same boat.

So no disposable income left to spend. Massive deflation hits. GDP drops more people lose their jobs because no one is buying anything and companies go broke. So we end up with the economic feeding frenzy of Obamagedon...
Doc

Post by Doc »

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/2013-12- ... ck-economy
AP survey: US income gap is holding back economy
By By Christopher S. Rugaber December 17, 2013

WASHINGTON (AP) — The growing gap between the richest Americans and everyone else isn't bad just for individuals.

It's hurting the U.S. economy.

So says a majority of more than three dozen economists surveyed last week by The Associated Press. Their concerns tap into a debate that's intensified as middle-class pay has stagnated while wealthier households have thrived.
Video: Competition for Diversity: Will Asia Lose Out?

A key source of the economists' concern: Higher pay and outsize stock market gains are flowing mainly to affluent Americans. Yet these households spend less of their money than do low- and middle-income consumers who make up most of the population but whose pay is barely rising.

"What you want is a broader spending base," said Scott Brown, chief economist at Raymond James, a financial advisory firm. "You want more people spending money."

Spending by wealthier Americans, given the weight of their dollars, does help drive the economy. But analysts say the economy would be better able to sustain its growth if the riches were more evenly dispersed. For one thing, a plunge in stock prices typically leads wealthier Americans to cut sharply back on their spending.
Story: One Silver Lining of China's Lopsided Labor Market: Shrinking Income Inequality

"The broader the improvement, the more likely it will be sustained," said Michael Niemira, chief economist at the International Council of Shopping Centers.

Income inequality has steadily worsened in recent decades, according to government data and academic studies. The most recent census figures show that the average income for the wealthiest 5 percent of U.S. households, adjusted for inflation, has surged 17 percent in the past 20 years. By contrast, average income for the middle 20 percent of households has risen less than 5 percent.

The AP survey collected the views of private, corporate and academic economists on a range of issues. Among the topics were what policy decisions, if any, the Federal Reserve might announce after it ends a policy meeting Wednesday.
Story: Remembering Nelson Mandela's Unsung Economic Legacy

Three-quarters of the economists surveyed don't think the Fed is ready to announce a pullback in its economic stimulus. Speculation has been rising that the Fed will soon scale back its $85 billion in monthly bond purchases because of the economy's steady gains. The bond purchases have been intended to keep long-term loan rates low to induce people to borrow and spend.

Among the majority of economists who think the Fed will maintain its pace of bond buying for now, the largest group think a pullback will begin at its next meeting in late January.

Most of the economists don't think the economy needs the Fed's help. Just over half say they believe growth could reach a healthy 3 percent annual pace even without the Fed's bond buying.
Story: Quick, Take This Test About the Significance of Those Bad U.S. Test Scores

Several predicted that U.S. economic growth will pick up as the effects of tax increases and government spending cuts that kicked in this year dwindle.

As Janet Yellen prepares to succeed Ben Bernanke as chairman early next year, most of the economists expect the Fed to become more "dovish" — that is, more focused on fighting unemployment than on worrying about higher inflation that might result from the Fed's actions. The Senate could confirm Yellen as soon as this week.

Among the economists' other views:
Story: How to End Global Income Inequality

— The economic recovery, which officially began 4½ years ago, has yet to reach its high point. And nearly all think the next recession is at least three years away; half think it's at least five years away. The economists forecast that growth will average 2.9 percent in 2014. That would be the healthiest annual pace since 2005.

— The Obama administration's health care law will make little or no difference to the job market. About two-fifths said the law would cost jobs. None said it would increase hiring. The law has drawn fierce opposition from many small business owners, who say it will raise hiring costs by requiring companies with 50 or more employees to provide coverage starting in 2015.

— The stock market isn't in a bubble. While the Dow Jones industrial average reached record highs earlier this year, most economists said that higher profits largely justified the gains.

— Europe will keep growing and avoid a recession in 2014. But growth will remain so tepid that inflation will co nearly non-existent. Nearly two-thirds of the economists forecast that inflation won't consistently reach the European Central Bank's inflation target of 2 percent until 2016.

— Inflation in the United States will remain low for the long run. A majority of economists think consumer inflation won't consistently meet or exceed the Fed's 2 percent target level until 2015 or later.

Economists appear to be increasingly concerned about the effects of inequality on growth. In a speech this month, President Barack Obama declared inequality the "defining challenge of our time."

Brown, the Raymond James economist, says analysts used to debate whether inequality was worsening.

Now, he says, "there's not much denial of that ... and you're starting to see some research saying, yes, it does slow the economy."
OK So Obama is against income inequality yet he is the guy that re-appointed Bernanke that has continued QE for all these years which has created income inequality. Plus Obama is yet to put any banksters in jail. :roll:
Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote:.

OK So Obama is against income inequality yet he is the guy that re-appointed Bernanke that has continued QE for all these years which has created income inequality. Plus Obama is yet to put any banksters in jail. :roll:

Doc, you misunderstand the whole thing, packing the horse from wrong end

Look,

Bernanke not about "income equality", not at all

What Bernanke tryin to do is "replenishing, restocking" the big boy's ammunition to go out (to market place) and start "wheeling & dealing" again, and, hoping, after the boys big & fat (needed for meager days), things (hopefully some) will trickle down to Joe

Bernanke no Santa

and

America not about "income equality", farthest from that .. America about "you have something to offer ? ? otherwise move on"

ask Mr. Perfect

Doc

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:

Look,

What Bernanke tryin to do is "replenishing, restocking" the big boy's ammunition to go out (to market place) and start "wheeling & dealing" again, and, hoping, after the boys big & fat (needed for meager days), things (hopefully some) will trickle down to Joe

Bernanke no Santa

and

America not about "income equality", farthest from that .. America about "you have something to offer ? ? otherwise move on"

ask Mr. Perfect

AZ I am talking about what is coming.

viewtopic.php?p=67214#p67214
The point is that money is not flowing very quickly from hand to hand and it is going to get worse.
Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote:

Look,

Bernanke no Santa

and

ask Mr. Perfect

OK

I have been talking to a lot of people positions to know. The end seems to be near. Cash is growing scarce. I noticed that the Stock market is dropping because investors fear that QE is about to end because of the budget deal. When in truth all the Quantitative easing's horses and all the Quantitative easing's men aren't going to be able to put this economy back together again. :shock:

All because of Obama "Hope" and "Change". People are starting to realize they are going to have to put up much more money each month into their health care premiums or their employer can no longer afford to insure them. So spending is slowing down tremendously. So if the course is not changed....Well anyway this is my prediction. I didn't want to say anything until I found out what the numbers are coming in. They are grime so now I agree with Mr. P's assessment on Obamacare and the economy. We are at best merely roman soldiers guarding a door in Pompeii looking for relief that is not coming.

Yes, true, you right, things drying up

but

American Joe mistaken thinking things will be again like old good days .. fact is, Joe was living beyond his/her means, meaning he/she must scale down .. there is no escape of this fact .. world has changed and America no more center of universe .. in that process only those who retool, retrain and and have a chance to hold to their living standard, if not, Joe must scale down .. notion, Obama can pull a rabbit and Joe again start partying, is not understanding the facts of the new world America facing

Re Obama, the right question to ask is how much worst American Joe would be if "McCain/Sarah Palin" ticket had won .. and .. you can bet your last dime American Joe would be lot worst now if McCain ticket had won (just consider this : you would be now fighting in Syria, Iran, Pakistan and maybe Russia and China and a few other places .. you would be more broke than you already are)

Yes, you right, things drying up .. but , FYI , American presidents have no power over economy, ZERO .. only power American presidents have is to go to war and appoint supreme court judges.

Doc

Post by Doc »

Doc wrote:

Look,

Bernanke no Santa

and

ask Mr. Perfect

OK

Yes, true, you right, things drying up

but

American Joe mistaken thinking things will be again like old good days .. fact is, Joe was living beyond his/her means, meaning he/she must scale down .. there is no escape of this fact .. world has changed and America no more center of universe .. in that process only those who retool, retrain and and have a chance to hold to their living standard, if not, Joe must scale down .. notion, Obama can pull a rabbit and Joe again start partying, is not understanding the facts of the new world America facing

Re Obama, the right question to ask is how much worst American Joe would be if "McCain/Sarah Palin" ticket had won .. and .. you can bet your last dime American Joe would be lot worst now if McCain ticket had won (just consider this : you would be now fighting in Syria, Iran, Pakistan and maybe Russia and China and a few other places .. you would be more broke than you already are)

Yes, you right, things drying up .. but , FYI , American presidents have no power over economy, ZERO .. only power American presidents have is to go to war and appoint supreme court judges.
You do realize I am talking just about the economic effects of Obamacare don't you?
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

What point are you trying to make, Doc, other than "Democrats are evil"?

Wealth inequality wasn't a problem for you a few years ago when people began framing the debate as 1% vs. the 99%. It was something to be inspired by, the natural state of affairs in a capitalist dream world of self-reliant entrepreneurs. Now it bothers you. The rich reaping capital gains wasn't a problem when Mitt Romney was within a hair's breadth of winning the White House because their income -- and the corporate profits that generate dividends -- were already taxed. By golly, how many times does a dollar have to be taxed? Once upon a time, you would have said that the rich getting richer would lead to more money trickling down in the form of consumer spending, and that stock market investment was a way for hard-working, ambitious middle class folks to build wealth -- something to be celebrated!

Investing is easy, I can imagine you saying a few years ago. Anyone with more than a few hundred bucks in savings (an easy feat to accomplish even for the poorest among us, if only sinful vices are cut back on) can purchase broad based ETFs through their banks' brokerages and reap the windfall.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Zack Morris wrote:What point are you trying to make, Doc, other than "Democrats are evil"?
What other point needs to be made.
Wealth inequality wasn't a problem for you a few years ago when people began framing the debate as 1% vs. the 99%. It was something to be inspired by, the natural state of affairs in a capitalist dream world of self-reliant entrepreneurs. Now it bothers you.
Before you go asking anyone about their principles you have to answer why you first would have been against corporate welfare while foaming at the mouth in 2008 and now it is celebrated as the foundation of your party's economic programs. You have to answer that first.
The rich reaping capital gains wasn't a problem when Mitt Romney was within a hair's breadth of winning the White House because their income -- and the corporate profits that generate dividends -- were already taxed. By golly, how many times does a dollar have to be taxed? Once upon a time, you would have said that the rich getting richer would lead to more money trickling down in the form of consumer spending, and that stock market investment was a way for hard-working, ambitious middle class folks to build wealth -- something to be celebrated!
Well normally it would. The bizarro world of STPN though there is no way to tell what normal economic indicators are signalling as healthy resource allocation. All you can do is try to open your mouth to the STPN firehydrant and hope a building doesn't fall on you. An odd way for a civilization to commit suicide.
Investing is easy, I can imagine you saying a few years ago. Anyone with more than a few hundred bucks in savings (an easy feat to accomplish even for the poorest among us, if only sinful vices are cut back on) can purchase broad based ETFs through their banks' brokerages and reap the windfall.
This is true. However Democrats have convinced their low income constituents that the markets are evil and to be avoided while they reap the trillions. Some pretty twisted and immoral people, the ones you roll with. Personally I think the lower incomes should be encouraged to invest but they have been so traumatized by your demagoguery that most of them will never even open an account. I do not know the roots of your misanthropy. Why you guys hate the poor so much.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Mr. Perfect wrote: Before you go asking anyone about their principles you have to answer why you first would have been against corporate welfare while foaming at the mouth in 2008 and now it is celebrated as the foundation of your party's economic programs. You have to answer that first.
Well, these days, I am considerably more selfish than before and am primarily interested in #1. I have considerably more investable income now, and some aggressive medium-term savings targets, so stock market inflation coupled with general disinflation (which, by the way, is the exact opposite of what everyone on the old Spengler Forum predicted with regards to central bank interventionism half a decade ago) is a dream come true.

I live within my means and manage to sock away half of my after-tax income into savings. I think I'm going to take a page from the conservative playbook, pat myself on the back, and go around telling everyone I know that they should be more like me.
Well normally it would. The bizarro world of STPN though there is no way to tell what normal economic indicators are signalling as healthy resource allocation.
Half a decade ago, lots of predictions were made about the results of STPN. Your predictions were incorrect. And your statement here is full of subjective nonsense. "Healthy resource allocation" is a meaningless statement. I believe healthy resource allocation is that which maximizes my net worth.
All you can do is try to open your mouth to the STPN firehydrant and hope a building doesn't fall on you. An odd way for a civilization to commit suicide.
STPN has been going on for decades in some form or another and no buildings have ever fallen on anyone. Asset prices have been less volatile in the years since fiat currency began to be used than before.
This is true. However Democrats have convinced their low income constituents that the markets are evil and to be avoided while they reap the trillions.
That's not true. Low income constituents tend to avoid banking services in favor of loan sharks and check cashers, both of which come under regular and sustained fire from Democrats. Everyone has been trying to steer low income people into the market, they just aren't taking the bait.

Maybe it's because they are too addled by sin, sloth, and general moral decay to muster the clarity of thought and values necessary to save and invest. Maybe there are real structural barriers to their doing so. I don't know. All I know is the easiest thing for me to do is to look away. It's not my problem anymore.

I devote my time to a local charity here and hand out cash to beggars when I can spare it. That's far more than 99% of Americans are doing, I've learned.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Zack Morris wrote: Well, these days, I am considerably more selfish than before and am primarily interested in #1. I have considerably more investable income now, and some aggressive medium-term savings targets, so stock market inflation coupled with general disinflation (which, by the way, is the exact opposite of what everyone on the old Spengler Forum predicted with regards to central bank interventionism half a decade ago) is a dream come true.

I live within my means and manage to sock away half of my after-tax income into savings. I think I'm going to take a page from the conservative playbook, pat myself on the back, and go around telling everyone I know that they should be more like me.
Just like a liberal Clinton voter from the late 1999 or a liberal california democrat houseflipper from 2005. Young people, no knowledge of history.
Half a decade ago, lots of predictions were made about the results of STPN. Your predictions were incorrect.
So were yours. Do you want the employment and debt projection charts or are you already familiar with them. Shovel ready.
And your statement here is full of subjective nonsense. "Healthy resource allocation" is a meaningless statement. I believe healthy resource allocation is that which maximizes my net worth.
It did sound liberal, I'll give you that. I'll reword "non-bubble allocation". That should be better.

Like in 1999, a lot of people are confused about how to maximize their net worth. This is my 3rd time around, this will be my greatest moment, when I thought they were all behind me. Joe helped me the first time, then I had the hang of it the 2nd time, now, I feel like I'm being led by a higher power who has a great purpose for me.
STPN has been going on for decades in some form or another and no buildings have ever fallen on anyone.
Have you seen what happened to black people. Do you even view them as human beings.
Asset prices have been less volatile in the years since fiat currency began to be used than before.
Gak. Gerk. Grik. The world is so much easier when there is only one variable. I'm sure that the only thing that came to bear on the "Volatility of asset prices", the onlcy change before 1917 and after was fiat currency. Nothing else about humanity changed before or after that point. And of course that is the only metric to evaluate fiat currencies. the volatility of asset prices. Whatever this argument was about I have clearly lost it.
That's not true. Low income constituents tend to avoid banking services in favor of loan sharks and check cashers, both of which come under regular and sustained fire from Democrats. Everyone has been trying to steer low income people into the market, they just aren't taking the bait.
I think you don't follow politics.
Maybe it's because they are too addled by sin, sloth, and general moral decay to muster the clarity of thought and values necessary to save and invest. Maybe there are real structural barriers to their doing so. I don't know. All I know is the easiest thing for me to do is to look away. It's not my problem anymore.
I hear that a lot from liberals these days. The new humanitarianism.
I devote my time to a local charity here and hand out cash to beggars when I can spare it. That's far more than 99% of Americans are doing, I've learned.
You have a hard time sparing pocket change for beggars, huh. I thought that you were doing very well these days.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Do you guys remember all the left wing ooga booga over flash trading? More liberal horse#!t that never came to pass. ooga booga Democrats.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Zack Morris wrote:
All I know is the easiest thing for me to do is to look away. It's not my problem anymore.
Shame on you Zack Morris!

Zack Morris wrote:
Zack, I for one would like to see the source of this statistic.

If 99% of the people you know don't donate to charity on a consistent, regular, basis, then you hang with some real sorry people my friend. They are the people who never feel wealthy, no matter how much they own, and prove the old bromide that money can't buy happiness. Justice in real time!

Every single person I know donates to charity on a regular basis. Everyone can afford to donate 10% of net.

Just curious, Zack, what city, state do you live in?
Heracleum Persicum

Simple Minded wrote:.
Zack Morris wrote:

Zack, I for one would like to see the source of this statistic.

If 99% of the people you know don't donate to charity on a consistent, regular, basis, then you hang with some real sorry people my friend. They are the people who never feel wealthy, no matter how much they own, and prove the old bromide that money can't buy happiness. Justice in real time!

Every single person I know donates to charity on a regular basis. Everyone can afford to donate 10% of net.

Just curious, Zack, what city, state do you live in ?

A strange phenomena

In Europe, have not seen anybody donating anything to charity, but, haven't seen any homeless or beggars either

In America, everybody donating to charity but lots of homeless and beggars

how so ?

American society does not take care of their poor, the homeless and the unfortunates .. the society shifts that civic responsibility to "charity", donations .. idea is, cut the taxes of those fortunate to the bone, and, let them, donate to charity .. that way, wash your "conscience" .. like those Cardinals taking money and washing your sins or reserving a seat in paradise for you

That's why taxes high in Sweden, that's why too no homeless no beggars in Sweden

Donation can not replace civic responsibility for those unfortunate

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:A strange phenomena

In Europe, have not seen anybody donating anything to charity, but, haven't seen any homeless or beggars either
Eurozone currently having record unemployment. They just cover it up better.
In America, everybody donating to charity but lots of homeless and beggars

how so ?
Democrats. Democrat cities.
American society does not take care of their poor, the homeless and the unfortunates .. the society shifts that civic responsibility to "charity", donations .. idea is, cut the taxes of those fortunate to the bone, and, let them, donate to charity .. that way, wash your "conscience" .. like those Cardinals taking money and washing your sins or reserving a seat in paradise for you

That's why taxes high in Sweden, that's why too no homeless no beggars in Sweden

Donation can not replace civic responsibility for those unfortunate

Democrats been passing spending bills against poverty for generations, 90% goes into bureau overhead, US spent trillions on poverty in my lifetime. Never makes it poor. Democrat issue.
Heracleum Persicum

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

A strange phenomena

Unemployed yes, but they relaxing in Ibiza on Dutch taxpayer's cost

what I meant was "homeless & beggars" you see on San Fran streets .. no such thing in Germany or France despite the unemployment

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Could be Democrat cultural difference. Romanticizing of homeless man. You find them in Democrat city (Sand Francisco evicts conservatives, keeps homeless).

Homeless coming to Euro, very soon. Euro Josef be homeless before long.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

A strange phenomena

Unemployed yes, but they relaxing in Ibiza on Dutch taxpayer's cost

what I meant was "homeless & beggars" you see on San Fran streets .. no such thing in Germany or France despite the unemployment

huh, you cant live on the street in germany or france, if the police dont get you the cold winter will.

they have f*cked up ghettos full of unemployables burning cars and what not.
ultracrepidarian
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

Wait until after I file my taxes. I spent time on some spreadsheets and I don't want them wasted.....;P..........
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........