The economics of drugs

Post by Parodite »

Milton Friedman - Why Drugs Should Be Legalized
nLsCC0LZxkY
Deep down I'm very superficial
Parodite

Re: The economics of drugs

Post by Parodite »

Watching the netflix series Narco 1+2 (and the earlier Escobar, the Lord of Evil) made me wonder. Isn't it about time another Narco series is made, where the big overlooked elephant in the room is center stage in the story. The elephant in the room, the defacto biggest narcotics Cartel in the world. Where most money is being made, that is best armed, that facilitates, fuels and serves all the others. The true Patron on the top of the narcotics pyramid with vested interests on ALL levels. The One that rules them All and that feed Him. It is all governments in the world that have illeglized drugs.

Don't think it is fair to make the US gvt the Lord of Evil here.. but it has been and is the major force.

The truth in a nutshell:
uWfLwKH_Eko
noddy

Post by noddy »

narcos is a decent show, i watch bits of it when the missus isnt around.

the elephant cant be moved, imagine if all that police and military and surveillance state tomfoolery lost budget.

it aint going to happen
ultracrepidarian
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

noddy wrote:narcos is a decent show, i watch bits of it when the missus isnt around.

the elephant cant be moved, imagine if all that police and military and surveillance state tomfoolery lost budget.

it aint going to happen
Probably not any time soon. But public awareness could use a Narco series like that and speed it all up a little. :ugeek:
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

US liberals will lead the way. Liberals in Washington and Colorado state have already legalized marijuana, and other states like California long ago made it legal for medicinal use. Even heavily liberal states like Cali have substantial amounts of conservatives, often approaching 50% of the population, so progress has been slow. But we're getting there.