Universal Health Care Pro/Con

Now, what news on the Rialto?
Mr. Perfect

Re: Universal Health Care Pro/Con

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote: Perhaps, but not as fast as the US as is demonstrated by the above data plot.
Medicare (single payer) is tremendously expensive. Government medicine. We already covered that.

Do you know what Medicare is.
Non sequitur.
It's the whole point, the welfare states are going bankrupt because of the welfare state part.
Of course. Who ever heard of a private corporation going bankrupt.
Obviously if a corporation goes bankrupt social services don't turn people on the street to die, which is what happens when government dependency programs when they go bankrupt.
Censorship isn't necessary
YMix

Post by YMix »

Privatization of health insurance under Obamacare has been a bonanza for the financial sector and the insurance industry. Initially a Republican “free market” proposal, it required the Democratic Party in power to disable popular pressure for “Medicare for all” in the form of single payer public health care. No discussion within Congress was even permitted to favor public health care. (I was economic advisor to Presidential candidate Dennis Kucinich, whom the Democratic Party leadership blocked from even discussing a public option in the Congressional debate.)

The enormous power of lobbyists from the pharmaceutical industry bought the loyalty of politicians who blocked anti-trust laws from being applied against the drug companies. As I noted earlier, these lobbyists even succeeded in blocking the government from negotiating directly with the drug companies over prices.
http://www.unz.com/mhudson/the-dangers- ... s-elderly/
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

YMix wrote:
Privatization of health insurance under Obamacare has been a bonanza for the financial sector and the insurance industry. Initially a Republican “free market” proposal, it required the Democratic Party in power to disable popular pressure for “Medicare for all” in the form of single payer public health care. No discussion within Congress was even permitted to favor public health care. (I was economic advisor to Presidential candidate Dennis Kucinich, whom the Democratic Party leadership blocked from even discussing a public option in the Congressional debate.)

The enormous power of lobbyists from the pharmaceutical industry bought the loyalty of politicians who blocked anti-trust laws from being applied against the drug companies. As I noted earlier, these lobbyists even succeeded in blocking the government from negotiating directly with the drug companies over prices.
http://www.unz.com/mhudson/the-dangers- ... s-elderly/
Is more money spent on lobbyists to bribe politicians in regulated markets or in un-regulated markets? :?

Could there be a short term, personal, financial gain for a politician to initiate regulation in any industry? Hmmm..... I wonder..... :?