Word the Century - Precariat

Now, what news on the Rialto?
noddy

Word the Century - Precariat

Post by noddy »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precariat
The term is a portmanteau obtained by merging precarious with proletariat.[1] Unlike the proletariat class of industrial workers in the 20th century who lacked their own means of production and hence sold their labour to live, members of the precariat are only partially involved in labour and must undertake extensive "unremunerated activities that are essential if they are to retain access to jobs and to decent earnings". Specifically, it is the condition of lack of job security, including intermittent employment or underemployment and the resultant precarious existence.

personally i dont blame the "neoliberal system", which i see as putting as anthropomorphism on the more mundane and chaotic trends of automation and globalization.

still, the outcome is the same no matter how you spin the cause - most of us are in the precariat now.

and people in the corner with nothing to lose are people you got to worry about.
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Re: Word the Century - Precariat

Post by Typhoon »

Precariats of the world, unite! You have nothing to lose but your unpaid labour.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

Precariat reminds me of another dodgy occupation.......'>.......
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
noddy

Post by noddy »

Typhoon wrote:Precariats of the world, unite! You have nothing to lose but your unpaid labour.
:lol:
ultracrepidarian