Football [American]

And they're off . . .
Typhoon

Football [American]

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Ibrahim

Re: Football [American]

Post by Ibrahim »

http://www.disinfo.com/2013/02/american ... osexuality
The whole language of football is involved in sexual allusions. We were told to go out and “genuflect those guys”; to take that ball and “stick it up their asses” or “down their throats.” Over the years I’ve seen many a coach get emotionally aroused while he was diagramming a particular play into an imaginary hole on the blackboard. His face red, his voice rising, he would show the ball carrier how he wanted him to “stick it in the hole.”

It is highly likely that the ritual aspect of football, providing as it does a socially sanctioned framework for male body contact…is a form of homosexual behavior. The unequivocal sexual symbolism of the game make it difficult to draw any other conclusion. Sexual acts carried out in thinly disguised symbolic form by, and directed towards, males only, would seem to constitute ritual homosexuality.

The object of the game, simply stated, is to get into the opponent’s end zone while preventing the opponent from getting into one’s own end zone. We can now better understand the appropriateness of the “bottom patting” so often observed among football players. A good offensive or defensive play deserves a pat on the rear end. The recipient has held up his end and has thereby helped protect the collective “end” of the entire team. One pats one’s teammates’ ends, but one seeks to violate the end zone of one’s opponents!

Certainly the terminology used in football is suggestive. One gains yardage,but it is not territory which is kept in the sense of being permanently acquired by the invading team. The territory invaded remains nominally under the proprietorship of the opponent. A sports announcer or fan might say, for example, “This is the deepest penetration into (opponent’s team name) territory so far.”

The trust one has for one’s own teammates is perhaps signaled by the common postural stance of football players. The so-called three-point stance involves bending over in a distinct stooped position with one’s rear end exposed. It is an unusual position and it does make one especially vulnerable to attack from behind, that is,vulnerable to a homosexual attack. Since one can trust one’s teammates, one knows that one will be patted, not raped.

Thus in the beginning of the football game, we have two sets or teams of males. By the end of the game, one of the teams is “on top,” namely the one which has “scored” most by getting into the other team’s “end zone.” The end zone is a kind of erogenous zone. The losing team, if the scoring differential is great, may be said to have been “creamed.”
Enki

Post by Enki »

San Francisco is definitely catching in this session.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Enki

Post by Enki »

San Francisco is definitely catching in this session.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

One could say the same thing about football as played in the rest of the world.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

BAL 34
SF 31
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Typhoon wrote:
One could say the same thing about football as played in the rest of the world.
For sure. Lots of sports, really.

Euros don't get as defensive when you bring it up though.
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

What was that penalty after the first play by SF on the first offensive series of the game? One reason why I consider professional wrestling a serious sport and not this silliness..........
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

nasty way to go to a brownout...... pleg.....>¬<'.........
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

This fits entirely within the narrative if you think about it.....:sob: :sob: :sob: ............

http://thesportsdaily.com/the-sports-da ... fter-game/

bwah huah huah huah.......:sniff:.......

http://www.citypages.com/news/we-found- ... /470545663

The narrative begins, of course, with that miracle catch by Stefon Diggs (hey, I know another Stefon.....'>......) and the fairy tale window opened to many Twin Citians which meant a bye through the NFL championship and into the Superbowl (hosted here in Minneapolis) because........ that's how reality works, donnit???.........Really. Disillusionment set in during the third quarter when miraculous TD catch didn't happen and the funk is deepening because of the current eight-inch snowfall.......

OJzpoj_NxqQ

Somebody parked a 24-foot GO VIKES camper in front of my neighbour's house out of sheer spite. This could get....... eventful.....'>...........
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Finally!!!!

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us ... all-season

Blessed are the peace makers....., cause......, er, uh..... I forget what the rest of it is.... :oops:
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Rather than doing stupid meaningless gestures like locking arms to show solidarity against ??.

I want a pre-game show where each and every player walks up to a microphone, and tells the audience what their annual pay was for last year, and what percentage of that they donated to charity!

If median income is $30,000, and they did not donate every dollar they earned above $30,000, I think each player should announce that voluntarily.

On a personal level, this evening, I plan to eat a large bowl of chocolate ice cream to show my support for minority people earning less than median income! Who's with me?
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Simple Minded wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:19 pm Rather than doing stupid meaningless gestures like locking arms to show solidarity against ??.

I want a pre-game show where each and every player walks up to a microphone, and tells the audience what their annual pay was for last year, and what percentage of that they donated to charity!

If median income is $30,000, and they did not donate every dollar they earned above $30,000, I think each player should announce that voluntarily.

On a personal level, this evening, I plan to eat a large bowl of chocolate ice cream to show my support for minority people earning less than median income! Who's with me?
I could go for some chocolate ice cream, right now. :)

NFL ratings were way down for week 1. Feelings were hurt when the fans boo'd their protests in those stadiums where fans were allowed.

They've dun goofed

===============

How much of it is protest-politicking and how much of it is COVID-era bars/restaurant tvs not being on coast-to-coast?
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Amen.

Labron James is speaking out (orders from China no doubt), NFL players are locking arms in solidarity, me, Napster, and Nancy Pelosi are eating ice cream to show our support.......... what more do these f**king people want?
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila