Asia

Doc

Re: Space Program Endorsement: even for nOrks in Space......

Post by Doc »

Endovelico wrote:
monster_gardener wrote: Hopefully your omission of Israel............... and Uz........ is not a deliberate one........ ;) :roll:
You bet it was!... Those are the countries doing the threatening... :evil:
News for north korean threats of war

CBC.ca

Obama's indifference to North Korea = nuclear danger
Fox News ‎- 9 hours ago
Just because North Korea's nuclear weapons program hasn't been on the ... confront, threats to America's interests, and those of its friends and allies. ... par for its history of diplomacy with America since the Korean War, that ...

North Korea warns of 'strike' over South propaganda leaflets - BBC
www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-20000970
Oct 19, 2012 – North Korea condemns the move but specific threats are rare. ... and South Korea remain technically at war following the 1950-53 Korean War, ...

North Korea - Threats Over Propaganda - NYTimes.com
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/.../north-k ... aganda.htm...
Oct 19, 2012 – It urged South Koreans to leave the targeted area. South Korea's defense minister noted that North Korea had issued similar threats before ...

New North Korea threat stirs U.S. intelligence concerns - WTOP.com
www.wtop.com › ... › National › National Security News › JJ Green

Oct 16, 2012 – The threat prompted concern in the U.S. intelligence community about whether North Korea has the capability to ... Detrani finds North Korea's recent threat coupled with their capability "very disconcerting. ... War on Christmas ...
North Korea Threats: Pyongyang Warns South Of 'Special Actions'
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/.../north ... ctions_n_1...

Apr 23, 2012 – Monday's threat from the North's military leadership comes amid concerns that North Korea may be plotting another provocation in the wake of ...
North Korea Threatens To Attack South Korea Over Leaflets
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/.../ ... 1985649.ht...

Oct 19, 2012 – SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea's military has threatened to strike a South ... Despite the North Korean threat, activists will go ahead and launch ... at war after the 1950-53 Korean War ended in a truce, not a peace treaty.
Panetta: 'We're within an inch of war almost every day' - CNN.com

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/19/politics/ ... index.html

Apr 19, 2012 – "We're within an inch of war almost every day in that part of the world, ... When asked whether the threat posed by North Korea kept him awake ...
When North Korea's threats become reality - Asia Times Online
www.atimes.com/atimes/Korea/LL15Dg01.html

Dec 15, 2010 – When North Korea's threats become reality. By Kim Myong Chol "The wrong war, at the wrong place, at the wrong time, and with the wrong ...
US-S. Korea war games prompt Pyongyang declaration: Ready for ...
rt.com/news/north-korea-war-threat-585/

Aug 26, 2012 – North Korean leader Kim Jong-un says Seoul and Washington are really trying his country's patience with an unceasing caravan of joint military ...
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Ibrahim

Re: Asia

Post by Ibrahim »

This is the reason countries want nuclear weapons. If you have them, people will pretty much leave you alone unless you make it impossible to do so. Plus, everybody trusts China to keep North Korea on a tight leash.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Chinese influence over North Korea is exaggerated. The Chinese are self-sabotaging foreign policy n00bs.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Zack Morris wrote:Chinese influence over North Korea is exaggerated. The Chinese are self-sabotaging foreign policy n00bs.
Thanks to their efforts, the Americans have never been as popular in Asia as they are now.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Zack Morris wrote:Chinese influence over North Korea is exaggerated.
North Korea only has what little energy it does because the Chinese give it to them, and China can turn off the faucet at any time. The Chinese veto over North Korean policy is absolute, they entirely subsidize the regime there.

The Chinese are self-sabotaging foreign policy n00bs.
I'll still take China over US/NATO since 2001 in terms of self-sabotage and foreign policy debacles.
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Norks have the Freedom to kill Half Chinese Babies......

Post by monster_gardener »

Ibrahim wrote:
Zack Morris wrote:Chinese influence over North Korea is exaggerated.
North Korea only has what little energy it does because the Chinese give it to them, and China can turn off the faucet at any time. The Chinese veto over North Korean policy is absolute, they entirely subsidize the regime there.

The Chinese are self-sabotaging foreign policy n00bs.
I'll still take China over US/NATO since 2001 in terms of self-sabotage and foreign policy debacles.
Thank You Very Much for your post, Ibrahim.
Maybe.........

But perhaps not.........

I don't think that China really wants to deal with the mess they have allowed North Korea to become........

I suspect that they may dread the wave of refugees that would try to pour into China and South Korea if the regime collapsed....... Say there was an inconclusive coup against the Kim Ill Devils or by one faction of the Kim Il Devils against the one in power.......

IMVHO the Norks can get away with quite a bit...........

Shaking up Chinese Schools with Nuke Tests..........

And murdering half Chinese infants because of 'racial impurity'........

Imagine the howls of racism if something like that happened in Uz........

I
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light