Japan v China

noddy

Re: Japan v China

Post by noddy »

no point azari, your definitions of slaughter render all debate on the topic irrelevant.

mao caused mass death and migration like few others in the last century but thats fine by your rules, its all chinese killing chinese.

chinese fluid borders and treatment of indigine on those borders isnt much different to western outcomes but thats fine by your rules, they didnt use a ship.

whatever.
ultracrepidarian
Doc

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

Monster, how you execute a criminal or murderer, is not genocide, crime against humanity, war crimes .. whether you hang the person, on electric chair, inject poison, behead by guillotine or slice (Salami) depends on prevailing "community standard"

Please post a "genocide", a war crime, a crime against humanity" in 10,000 yrs of Chinese history

Does not exist

but, we do not need to go far finding gassing woman and children or French murdering all those Algerians

How a culture "Executes" a convicted murderer, is up to that culture .. and .. is LEGIT

Re Vietnam and Korea, FYI, B4 European Colonialism, there was no such thing as "NATION" .. in that sense, Vietnam and Korea were part of Chinese domain.

Pls watch that VIDEO to have a sense of subject at hand
The legal definition of Genocide includes other things besides murder

http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/GENOCIDE.HTM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocide_C ... f_genocide
Article 2 of the Convention defines genocide as

...any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:

(a) Killing members of the group;
(b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;
(c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
(d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;
(e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

— Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide, Article 2[3
The convention was passed to outlaw actions similar to the Holocaust by Nazi Germany during World War II. The first draft of the Convention included political killings, but the USSR[4] along with some other nations would not accept that actions against groups identified as holding similar political opinions or social status would constitute genocide,[5] so these stipulations were subsequently removed in a political and diplomatic compromise.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

The Community Standard Needs to be an Off Planet Location...

Post by monster_gardener »

Monster, how you execute a criminal or murderer, is not genocide, crime against humanity, war crimes .. whether you hang the person, on electric chair, inject poison, behead by guillotine or slice (Salami) depends on prevailing "community standard"

Please post a "genocide", a war crime, a crime against humanity" in 10,000 yrs of Chinese history

Does not exist

but, we do not need to go far finding gassing woman and children or French murdering all those Algerians

How a culture "Executes" a convicted murderer, is up to that culture .. and .. is LEGIT

Re Vietnam and Korea, FYI, B4 European Colonialism, there was no such thing as "NATION" .. in that sense, Vietnam and Korea were part of Chinese domain.

Thank You Very Much for your post, Azari.
crime against humanity
Not from what Liberals, Progressives, & Euroz ;) keep saying........ :lol:

They are outraged that Uz dares use Lethal Injection to execute criminals! :shock:

Just imagine the hissy fit that would be thrown if we did "slow slicing"....... :o :shock: :o

FWIW Even I, an Uz, am generally opposed to the Death Penalty......

Let alone "Slow Slicing"

Too many ambitious prosecutors with tunnel vision or worse........

Too many Fred Zains........

And even eye witnesses can be sincerely wrong..... :roll:

Much prefer LWOP except in cases where hostages are taken to get perps released or similar......

Does not exist
Don't have time to look up references but just offhand I am remembering a time when some Son of Heaven got a burr under his seat :roll: and issued an order to execute all people with certain names.... IIRC one of the names was "Wong" :shock:

Naturally he didn't succeed totally ;)

Recalling other examples from Chinese history but as said not enough time right now........

Vietnam and Korea were part of Chinese domain.
Evidence is that they violently disagreed ;) with that idea and still disagree......
Started to but had net/computer problems..... Lost audio.........

But it doesn't matter........

Changing those borders is dangerous business that may provoke a nuclear war before the Human Race gets sustainable colonies off planet....
Last edited by monster_gardener on Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Doc

Post by Doc »

Does not exist
Yeah sure I suppose the cultural revolution never happened. :roll:
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
monster_gardener

Noddy's Excellent Post...........

noddy wrote:no point azari, your definitions of slaughter render all debate on the topic irrelevant.

mao caused mass death and migration like few others in the last century but thats fine by your rules, its all chinese killing chinese.

chinese fluid borders and treatment of indigine on those borders isnt much different to western outcomes but thats fine by your rules, they didnt use a ship.

whatever.
Thank YOU VERY MUCH for your post, Noddy.

EXCELLENT POST!

Pithy, Concise & Blunt....

May be/Probably is even be better than my reply, IMHO ;)
monster_gardener

Doc's Excellent Post.........

Doc wrote:

Does not exist
Thank You VERY MUCH for your post, Doc.

EXCELLENT Example..........

I should have mentioned that but was spending too much time Wayback ;) in History with Judge Dee and the Truong Sisters........
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

noddy wrote:mao caused mass death and migration like few others in the last century but thats fine by your rules, its all chinese killing chinese.
Also, Germans killing Jews was only a quibble between white guys, therefore it shouldn't count.
whatever.
Seconded...

I usually value HP's contributions to the forum, most often interesting even / especially when I (occasionnaly strongly) disagree... but neglecting slaughters on the pretext that ethnicity or colour is not a factor : :shock:
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Doc wrote:

Does not exist

Alexis wrote:
noddy wrote:mao caused mass death and migration like few others in the last century but thats fine by your rules, its all chinese killing chinese.
Also, Germans killing Jews was only a quibble between white guys, therefore it shouldn't count.
whatever.
Seconded...

I usually value HP's contributions to the forum, most often interesting even / especially when I (occasionnaly strongly) disagree... but neglecting slaughters on the pretext that ethnicity or color is not a factor : :shock:

There are profound distinctions between

- Crime against humanity

- War crime

- Genocide

- Barbarism, vicious brutality, political murder .. etc

I'm no lawyer to legally define them, also WiKi definition is "politically colored" (as many actions of Jews in Israel would fall into genocide, war crime, crime against humanity - same with many American military action last 70 yrs - Wiki must walk a fine line in this regard)

but

common sense, for a human being, things might be clear

- Is spraying agent orange on Vietnam a "war crime" ? yes it is .. but it's no genocide
- Is Japanese actions in WWII in China, Philippine, Malaysia, Singapore and and "war crime" ? yes it is .. but it's no genocide
- Is Israeli action in Palestine "War crime" ? yes it is .. is it Genocide, probably it is
- Is millions dying in "Long March" in MAO-China any crime of any sort ? ? can not think of any .. no, it's not

- Is millions dying or prosecuted in "cultural revolution" a crime against humanity ? ? depending whether does means justify the result ? .. Cultural revolution saved China by making China "start with a clean sheet of Paper", China now no "western imitation" but real China, home made "Made in China" .. all nations which did not go back their own cultural roots and uprooted western poisonous culture (for their culture) are now destroyed .. Japan only in surface western, but deep down 200% japan culture .. China needed that Cultural revolution, painful as it was .. Same road is now Iran on, as said many time, Iranian revolution is a "cultural revolution" and not a religious one (Islam being part of that culture)

- was Hitler Jewish episode a Genocide ? yes it was .. killing civilians based on anything is genocide
- Was Stalin repatriation of Volga Cossack, Chechen, Tatars and and, millions dead, genocide or war crime .. NO
- Was French killing nearly 1/5 of Algerian population for Algerian oil a war crime/genocide ? ? NO
- Was colonialism Genocide .. probably yes
- Was British Slave trade a genocide AND crime against humanity .. definitely YES on both counts
- Was Dutch action in Indonesia genocide AND crime against humanity .. definitely YES on both counts
- Was Belgian action in Africa, Angola, Congo, genocide AND crime against humanity .. definitely YES on both counts
- was Armenian episode in Turkey Genocide ? ? not clear cut

- was America skinning red Indians genocide .. mother of all genocides

- was Arab-Islam over-run of Persia a genocide .. Yes, it was, and more
Alexis

Something going on this January 9th ?

Post by Alexis »

According to a generally well-informed poster on a French military forum here, almost a hundred fully-armed military aircraft from Japan, China and US are supposed to have scrambled today to meet over the Eastern China Sea. :shock:

Nothing yet on English- nor French-speaking news sites. The alert is supposed to have been given by Japanese individuals who saw large numbers of F-15J, F-4J, F-18 and E767 take off from several Japanese AF bases.

If this is confirmed, wonder who called for this rendez-vous?
Alexis

Re: Something going on this January 9th ?

Post by Alexis »

Alexis wrote:The alert is supposed to have been given by Japanese individuals who saw large numbers of F-15J, F-4J, F-18 and E767 take off from several Japanese AF bases.
News here from Japanese sources - 8 Chinese military planes spotted flying over Tsushima Strait
Eight Chinese military aircraft, including strategic bombers, were spotted flying over the Tsushima Strait in southwestern Japan on Monday prompting Japan to scramble fighters, the Defense Ministry said.

The group of Chinese planes consisted of six H-6 bombers, an early warning plane and an intelligence-gathering plane, the ministry said, adding there was no violation of Japan's airspace.

This is the first time since August last year that an H-6 has been detected flying over the strait, according to the ministry.

It's a good thing that Japan is not in the habit of flying bombers a few kilometers from Chinese airspace.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Interesting. Keep us updated, please. :)
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Alexis

Good source on Chinese tech & military

Post by Alexis »

YMix wrote:Interesting. Keep us updated, please. :)
If you can read French, and / or if automated translation works well enough for you, I highly recommend this blog about all things military or technological regarding China : EastPendulum.com

Around end last year, there was e.g. this piece about a new record of interceptions of Chinese aircraft by Japanese fighters, with interesting pictures about:

- Trajectories of intercepted aircraft (red is China, yellow is Russia)

- Chinese aircraft intercepted on Nov. 25th 2016 between Okinawa and Miyako-jima

- Link to Chinese armed forces video on this crossing of 1st island chain (well... for the Chinese speakers)
9G67gT89aTk

And much more... :)
YMix

Re: Good source on Chinese tech & military

Post by YMix »

Alexis wrote:If you can read French
I can.
I highly recommend this blog about all things military or technological regarding China : EastPendulum.com
Le thanks. :)
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
noddy

Post by noddy »

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/01/j ... 12115.html
Japan and South Korea have deployed their fighter jets after spotting Chinese military planes flying back and forth between the East China Sea and the Sea of Japan, according to Japanese and South Korean officials.

Japanese defence ministry officials said on Tuesday that eight Chinese jets flew over the Tsushima Strait in western Japan on Monday.

The officials said fighters from Japan's Air Self-Defense Force were scrambled.

The Chinese aircraft did not violate Japan's airspace, Japan's NHK World reported.
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: . . . China needed that Cultural revolution, painful as it was . . .
The Cultural Devolution has proven to be a great disaster for China as it cut people off from their traditional culture.

The current government recognized this as it attempting to reintroduce Confucianism.

As for the rest, the past is history, why whine about that that can't be changed.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.