U.S. cruiser, China warship nearly collide in East China Sea

Post by Doc »

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2013/12/us_ ... _chin.html
U.S. guided missile cruiser, Chinese warship nearly collide in East China Sea
Print
Stan Diel | sdiel@al.com By Stan Diel | sdiel@al.com
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on December 13, 2013 at 1:44 PM, updated December 13, 2013 at 1:45 PM

cow2.jpgThe USS Cowpens, which nearly collided with a Chinese warship last week. (U.S. Navy)

A collision between a U.S. guided missile cruiser and a Chinese warship was narrowly averted last week as the Chinese tried to stop the U.S. ship in international waters.

The USS Cowpens was forced to come to a stop when a Chinese warship came dangerously close in its path, CNN reports. The commanding officer of the Cowpens ordered an "all stop" when the Chinese ship was 500 yards off its bow.

No shots were fired and the ships resumed their course.

A senior U.S. Navy official described the incident as being "highly unusual."

The incident, which occurred on Friday but was first reported today, comes on the heels of a dispute between China and Japan over control of several islands in the East China Sea. The U.S. military, in support of Japan, last week flew unarmed bombers over the islands, and China followed suit with fighter jets.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Re: U.S. cruiser, China warship nearly collide in East China

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

US provoking China

a mistake

Achtung Barak Hussein, China no Ahmadinejat :lol:

Doc

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

US provoking China

a mistake

How is a Chinese ship cutting across the path of a US ship the US provoking China?
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote:

US provoking China

a mistake

How is a Chinese ship cutting across the path of a US ship the US provoking China ?

Doc, think this way

what and how would Americans feel if Chinese would send a few Naval Battle Group and Submarines and Carriers to Golf of Mexico, Zincking on war exercises with Venezuelan & Cuban Navy ? ? yes, in international waters but in-front of your nose

How would you feel ? ?

What are American warships, Navy doing there ? in Chinese vicinity .. looking for another Gulf of Tonkin "lie" ? ?

Doc

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:
Doc wrote:

US provoking China

a mistake

How is a Chinese ship cutting across the path of a US ship the US provoking China ?

Doc, think this way

what and how would Americans feel if Chinese would send a few Naval Battle Group and Submarines and Carriers to Golf of Mexico, Zincking on war exercises with Venezuelan & Cuban Navy ? ? yes, in international waters but in-front of your nose

How would you feel ? ?

Khrushchev was right arguing how come America has nuclear weapons stationed in Turkey but Russians can't in Cuba .. Kennedy was the bully threatening a war, Khrushchev was the wise guy

What are American warships, Navy doing there ? in Chinese vicinity .. looking for another Gulf of Tonkin "lie" ? ?

You don't have to ask this initial question. Russian bombers used to fly down the US east coast weekly. Russian ships call at Havana and Caracas regularly. Yet the US does not fly planes or sail its ship directly in front of the Russians even in the 1961 missile crisis when they were carrying nukes to shot at US cities. That was the only time. And an agreement was made to end that crisis. The Russian ship turned back before WWIII started,

But have you ever seen a picture of the Islands the Chinese are so aggressive about? I mean Hitler said he would resign if one shot was fired over the Rhineland which is probably at least 10 thousand times larger in size

If there was thought to be no oil in the waters surrounding these islands China would have absolutely no interest in them And in fact they did not until reports of possible gas deposits came out. The Chinese made no objections at the end of WWII to their being turned to Japan. Which they could have easily done and being on the winning side would most likely have gotten in their possession then.
Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote:
Doc wrote:

US provoking China

a mistake

Doc, think this way

How would you feel ? ?

Khrushchev was right arguing how come America has nuclear weapons stationed in Turkey but Russians can't in Cuba .. Kennedy was the bully threatening a war, Khrushchev was the wise guy

You don't have to ask this initial question. Russian bombers used to fly down the US east coast weekly. Russian ships call at Havana and Caracas regularly. Yet the US does not fly planes or sail its ship directly in front of the Russians even in the 1961 missile crisis when they were carrying nukes to shot at US cities. That was the only time. And an agreement was made to end that crisis. The Russian ship turned back before WWIII started,

But have you ever seen a picture of the Islands the Chinese are so aggressive about? I mean Hitler said he would resign if one shot was fired over the Rhineland which is probably at least 10 thousand times larger in size

If there was thought to be no oil in the waters surrounding these islands China would have absolutely no interest in them And in fact they did not until reports of possible gas deposits came out. The Chinese made no objections at the end of WWII to their being turned to Japan. Which they could have easily done and being on the winning side would most likely have gotten in their possession then.

China, Iran and and were a "nobody" to say anything neither at the end of WWII, nor B4 nor after .. until now

Brits would have not evacuated HKG if China was not strong, Brits would have pulled a "phony" Referendum, declared HKG people want to be Brits and brought in military and we would be same as now 10,000 yrs old “14th province of Iran Bahrain” .. only thing kept this from happening is Chinese military strength right now

Many of those you call nations in that space, that monkey ruled BRUNEI, is in reality British conspiracy to separate the Oil-well, put a flag on the well, install a monkey as ruler, and milk it (same now done in Sudan) .. same with Mesopotamian province you guys call Kuwait and Qatar and all the rest

America, as said B4, has no place to be there, let the people there fight it out and reach an "equilibrium", let chips fall where they may .. well, life is not always fair Bill (Gates) said

Doc

Post by Doc »

Doc wrote:
Doc wrote:

US provoking China

a mistake

Doc, think this way

How would you feel ? ?

China, Iran and and were a "nobody" to say anything neither at the end of WWII, nor B4 nor after .. until now

Brits would have not evacuated HKG if China was not strong, Brits would have pulled a "phony" Referendum, declared HKG people want to be Brits and brought in military and we would be same as now 10,000 yrs old “14th province of Iran Bahrain” .. only thing kept this from happening is Chinese military strength right now

Many of those you call nations in that space, that monkey ruled BRUNEI, is in reality British conspiracy to separate the Oil-well, put a flag on the well, install a monkey as ruler, and milk it (same now done in Sudan) .. same with Mesopotamian province you guys call Kuwait and Qatar and all the rest

America, as said B4, has no place to be there, let the people there fight it out and reach an "equilibrium", let chips fall where they may .. well, life is not always fair Bill (Gates) said

The British sold out Hong Kong because they wanted trade with China. This thread is titled US cruiser China warship almost collide. That did not happen in the ME.
Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote:.

The British sold out Hong Kong because they wanted trade with China.

That's heart of the matter with those American ships next to China

You calling China chasing out the Brits from Chinese land as "Brits selling out HKG"

That validates Chinese behavior versus the American Armada

Don't want to rehash HKG story, just to remind you Brits used HKG as warehouse for OPIUM shipment versus gold to China .. am really puzzled why China has not yet asked for compensation, really puzzled .. but probably they waiting for the right timing

same thing now, US Navy there with all the warship to enforce "status quo" meaning things that were created and dictated when China has nothing to say

Now China wants things revert to what "it was historically and what it should be now"

that's why I'm saying, this no business of west, America .. let them handle themselves, if so, when all beans counted, it will be less destruction in blood and treasure

Doc

Post by Doc »

Doc wrote:.

The British sold out Hong Kong because they wanted trade with China.

That's heart of the matter with those American ships next to China

You calling China chasing out the Brits from Chinese land as "Brits selling out HKG"

That validates Chinese behavior versus the American Armada

Don't want to rehash HKG story, just to remind you Brits used HKG as warehouse for OPIUM shipment versus gold to China .. am really puzzled why China has not yet asked for compensation, really puzzled .. but probably they waiting for the right timing

same thing now, US Navy there with all the warship to enforce "status quo" meaning things that were created and dictated when China has nothing to say

Now China wants things revert to what "it was historically and what it should be now"

that's why I'm saying, this no business of west, America .. let them handle themselves, if so, when all beans counted, it will be less destruction in blood and treasure
You aren't doing anything but expressing your opinion AZ The facts of international law and the history are all against you W.R.T. the East China sea. I suupose that is why you have to try to turn the discussion to any place else in the world but the East China Sea.
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:China, Iran and and were a "nobody" to say anything neither at the end of WWII
China was one of the victors at the end of WWII. Reason why it is now permanent member of the UNSC.

Thanks for the laugh.
Life is not always fair, as you say.
Heracleum Persicum

Alexis wrote:
Heracleum Persicum wrote:China, Iran and and were a "nobody" to say anything neither at the end of WWII
China was one of the victors at the end of WWII. Reason why it is now permanent member of the UNSC.

Thanks for the laugh.

Sure, China and Bangladesh and Afghansitan were one of the victors of WWII

:lol: :lol: :lol: (can't stop laughing)

Doc

Post by Doc »

Alexis wrote:

Thanks for the laugh.

You are stretching it AZ

Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

The Chinese challenged the US to a game of chicken and the US blinked.
Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote:
Alexis wrote:

China, Iran and and were a "nobody" to say anything neither at the end of WWII

Thanks for the laugh.

You are stretching it AZ

Yeeee , stretching it

but

did China or Iran or India had any voice of world affairs 1945 ? ? ?

hardly

reason now China "swingin", is, things were "cut and past" by the "white man" .. am sure you familiar with rumor British generals were always drunk drawing all those borders in ME and elsewhere that now the world has so much trouble correcting

Doc

Post by Doc »

Doc wrote:
Alexis wrote:

China, Iran and and were a "nobody" to say anything neither at the end of WWII

Thanks for the laugh.

You are stretching it AZ

Yeeee , stretching it

but

did China or Iran or India had any voice of world affairs 1945 ? ? ?

hardly
Not hardly AS Alexis pointed out China was a member of the UN security council right from the begining.
reason now China "swingin", is, things were "cut and past" by the "white man" .. am sure you familiar with rumor British generals were always drunk drawing all those borders in ME and elsewhere that now the world has so much trouble correcting
Again this thread is about the East China sea not the ME