North Korea

Heracleum Persicum

Re: North Korea

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

My post here in North Korea threat disappeared .. seems CIA does not want American Joe know the truth :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come on, who deleted my post ? :)

Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

My post here in North Korea threat disappeared .. seems CIA does not want American Joe know the truth :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come on, who deleted my post ? :)

The Russians hacked OTNOT....... they're steppin up their game..... fore ya know, Typhoon will be gone, and we'll all be goose-steppin to Zack's version of sweatin with the oldies! :o
Nonc Hilaire

CIA did Kim Jong Nam attack.

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Doc

Post by Doc »

http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/08/japan ... ium=Social

Japan Considers Preemptive Strikes Against North Korea
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote:.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/08/japan ... ium=Social

Japan Considers Preemptive Strikes Against North Korea

Mother of all false newses .. and silly

If so , When you have to shoot...Shoot ! Don't talk

sTcBgs2huRo
Doc

Post by Doc »

I have been told on Twitter that it is not nicew to threaten the Dear Leader After all North Korea is NK !!
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

What is all this war talk about ?

Don't understand why US not let Japan pay norther part of Korean their deserved "war reparation" ? ? ?

Why media, TV , has not an interview with political leaders in north and air it on Western TV .. so, people can judge what all this about .. Instead of media feeding the fools rubbish.

Is a nuclear war with many dead worth Japan not paying up what they should have done ages ago ? :lol:

What is this all about ? what do the northern politicians say and want ? .. Joe can not trust western politicians, Trump himself saying they all liars AND "fake news" :lol:

Why everything else is fake news but not "Korean News", Doc

They communists ? so what, that their business .. north and south will sort it out themselves like Germans did like Vietnamese did

Come on, leave them alone

Japan should pay and close the file and US should pack and leave

Alexis

N°6 is coming?

Post by Alexis »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:Why everything else is fake news but not "Korean News", Doc
HP, embracing NK media for fear of Western fake news would be like jumping in the swimming pool because you're afraid of the rain.

---

According to specialized site 38North, commercial satellite imagery on March 25th shows what looks like preparation of the 6th NK nuclear test, which may be close in the future.
The combination of these factors strongly suggests that test preparations are well underway, including the installation of instrumentation. The imagery, however, does not provide any definitive evidence of either a nuclear device or the timing of a test.
I'm wondering what will be the power of this 6th test.

Pyongyang last time claimed to have tested a "fusion weapon", which left most people skeptical given that its power was estimated 10 to 15 kt, that is a very classical fission weapon. One relevant hypothesis is that they were trying to test a boosted fission design - greatly increasing the fission efficiency thanks to a small fusion component - but failed, hence an explosion with ordinary power.

If this interpretation is correct, and if they succeed next time, even with a weapon only 2 or 3 times more powerful - not speaking of 10 to 20 times which a boosted design may allow - international reactions will be interesting to watch

Nork deterrence would obviously been reinforced, as well as the "stimulus" aimed at Pyongyang designated adversaries. Including the one with the orange hair
Doc

Post by Doc »

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/japan ... rt-n746486
Japan Weighs Plans for S. Korea Evacuation over Nuclear Crisis: Report

by Reuters
Heracleum Persicum

S2FGA3Z-oYM
Doc

Post by Doc »

Disclaimer: If Putin drops the Czar bomb on the US I am well within its 47 mile kill radius at this time. If you don't hear from me good luck to you.
Doc

Post by Doc »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/no ... f01823d676

North Korea does not test nuclear weapon to mark founder’s birthday
This approach to North Korea is relatively new,” said James Kim of the Asan Institute of Policy Studies in Seoul. “The approach in the past has been very calculated.”

That has gone out the window with talk about military options, he said. “We always knew all these options were there, but no one was bold enough to go down that path. It’s a new approach.”

Some in Beijing are noticing the shift, too.

“It should be noted that there is a personality difference between Trump and Obama,” the Global Times newspaper wrote Friday. The paper does not speak for the Chinese government on policy but often reflects a strain of thinking within the Communist Party.

“Trump is also willing to show he is different. Bombing Syria helps him to show that,” it continued, while noting that he was far from “revolutionary” because he dispatched only missiles, not troops.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

S2FGA3Z-oYM
Perhaps the world's most powerful non'-nuclear air-fuel combustion bomb, but far from the most powerful.

Also, multiple smaller bombs are far more destructive than a single large bomb for the same explosive yield.

Sorry to p*ss on the Russophilia parade.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc wrote:https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/no ... f01823d676

North Korea does not test nuclear weapon to mark founder’s birthday
This approach to North Korea is relatively new,” said James Kim of the Asan Institute of Policy Studies in Seoul. “The approach in the past has been very calculated.”

That has gone out the window with talk about military options, he said. “We always knew all these options were there, but no one was bold enough to go down that path. It’s a new approach.”

Some in Beijing are noticing the shift, too.

“It should be noted that there is a personality difference between Trump and Obama,” the Global Times newspaper wrote Friday. The paper does not speak for the Chinese government on policy but often reflects a strain of thinking within the Communist Party.

“Trump is also willing to show he is different. Bombing Syria helps him to show that,” it continued, while noting that he was far from “revolutionary” because he dispatched only missiles, not troops.
News report suggest that NK tried to fire a missile, but that they ended up with an impromptu fireworks show instead.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Alexis

A useful reminder

Post by Alexis »

Here is a useful reminder and summary of what Pyongyang could do in case it was attacked.

How North Korea Could Kill Millions of People
If the United States were to attempt to launch a preemptive strike on North Korea, the regime in Pyongyang could do significant damage to both South Korea and Japan—not to mention U.S. bases in those nations.

One the reasons previous U.S. Administrations have left the volatile nuclear-armed hermit kingdom alone is because of the sheer destructive power the Kim regime might unleash in the event of war. Indeed, it would be South Korean and Japanese civilians who would take the brunt of Pyongyang’s wrath in the event of war.

“If there is a war, there is no way the U.S. can prevent massive damage to South Korea and significant damage to Japan,” Vasily Kashin, a senior fellow at the Center for Comprehensive European and International Studies at Moscow’s Higher School of Economics told The National Interest. “It would be a humanitarian disaster and a shock for global economy. There are some 24 to 25 nuclear power plant reactors in the South. The North has these hundreds of missiles which are hard to stop.”

Indeed, Pyongyang’s missiles could hit most of Korea and Japan—and it is possible that North Korea might have enough weapons to saturate U.S. and allied missile defenses. “2000 SRBM launchers—that includes KN-02, Scud and the Nodong,” Jeffrey Lewis, Director of the East Asia Nonproliferation Program at the James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey told The National Interest. “That means several hundred Scud and Nodongs.”

North Korea’s extended range Scuds have a roughly 1,000 km range while the Nodong can hit targets as far away as 1,200 km. Lewis said that Pyongyang’s missiles might have some reliability issues, but there are enough of them to do very significant damage to South Korea and Japan. Indeed, North Korea is building the extended range Scud for the express purpose of having more missiles available. “The ER Scud is designed to be a cheaper alternative to the Nodong, so that North Korea can build more missiles,” Lewis said.

Moreover, in the event of a war—North Korea is likely to use nuclear weapons to offset its conventional weakness. Pyongyang’s conventional forces are no match for the United States and its allies, but nuclear weapons are the great leveler. “If you have a general war, the North Korean plan is to nuke U.S. forces through South Korea and Japan,” Lewis said.

It’s not clear now many nuclear weapons North Korea has at its disposal, but it does have them. Moreover, while some doubt that the Pyongyang has miniaturized its nuclear weapons to the point where they could fit atop a missile, Lewis says that North Korea already possesses the technology. “That was the stated purpose of the fifth tests. To validate the standardized design that will arm all warheads,” Lewis said.

As for how many nuclear weapons North Korea has at its disposal, estimates vary. “Hard to say,” Lewis said. “More than 10, less than a 100. Probably closer to 10 than 100.”

My two hypotheses about Washington's position on the NK topic.

1 - It's a bluff. When NK visibly continues testing of missiles and / or nuclear weapons, with or without increased Chinese pressure, the US government will cover their embarrassment the best they can - that is, not very well - and switch to another topic entirely.

2 - It's a plot for an anti-Chinese war disguised as bluff. Even if Trump has not thought about it, his handlers - those before whom he bowed when he switched his positions to bellicist - know very well that Pyongyang won't cede. They plan to attack NK then, knowing full well that the war will be a disaster. A disaster in China's backyard. Which is the point: China is America's rival superpower, therefore creating a huge havoc in her backyard is in the cold interest of US global preeminence, and this havoc will rhetorically be attributed to China: "You couldn't control your client state!". As for South Korea and Japan, they are mere collateral damage.

I strongly hope I'm too imaginative about this N°2 hypothesis.

Thing is that large wars have already happened in the past, major nations have already started such wars for ulterior motives. Therefore, this could happen again.

Also, I have a very hard time believing that Trump's handlers can't see that NK won't stop its missile and nuclear tests like they are demanding. And if they do see that... it means they do have an ulterior motive.

Being French, I thank again De Gaulle for having had the strategic acumen to put our defense in our own hands, with a nuclear deterrence that prevents us ever being used as pawns for some superpower's global interests, or deemed mere collateral damage in its endeavours.

Trump was maybe even more correct than he thought when during his campaign he ventured to say that South Korea and Japan should build a nuclear deterrence of their own. :|
Heracleum Persicum

Relaaaaax, Alexis .. the carrier battle group, from the start, was sailing in opposite direction, AWAY from Korean peninsula .. talk of war was just hot air .. don't read too much into it

An early sign of all this was the Oil market, Stock market, currency market

Since talk of .. North Korea clash, even since Syria stunt or MOAB drop on "nowhere" in Afghanistan .. Oil price going DOWN, stocks markets flat, Dollar going sideways or down.

meaning markets are yawning

NapLajoieonSteroids

Re: A useful reminder

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Alexis wrote:Here is a useful reminder and summary of what Pyongyang could do in case it was attacked.

How North Korea Could Kill Millions of People
If the United States were to attempt to launch a preemptive strike on North Korea, the regime in Pyongyang could do significant damage to both South Korea and Japan—not to mention U.S. bases in those nations.

One the reasons previous U.S. Administrations have left the volatile nuclear-armed hermit kingdom alone is because of the sheer destructive power the Kim regime might unleash in the event of war. Indeed, it would be South Korean and Japanese civilians who would take the brunt of Pyongyang’s wrath in the event of war.

“If there is a war, there is no way the U.S. can prevent massive damage to South Korea and significant damage to Japan,” Vasily Kashin, a senior fellow at the Center for Comprehensive European and International Studies at Moscow’s Higher School of Economics told The National Interest. “It would be a humanitarian disaster and a shock for global economy. There are some 24 to 25 nuclear power plant reactors in the South. The North has these hundreds of missiles which are hard to stop.”

Indeed, Pyongyang’s missiles could hit most of Korea and Japan—and it is possible that North Korea might have enough weapons to saturate U.S. and allied missile defenses. “2000 SRBM launchers—that includes KN-02, Scud and the Nodong,” Jeffrey Lewis, Director of the East Asia Nonproliferation Program at the James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey told The National Interest. “That means several hundred Scud and Nodongs.”

North Korea’s extended range Scuds have a roughly 1,000 km range while the Nodong can hit targets as far away as 1,200 km. Lewis said that Pyongyang’s missiles might have some reliability issues, but there are enough of them to do very significant damage to South Korea and Japan. Indeed, North Korea is building the extended range Scud for the express purpose of having more missiles available. “The ER Scud is designed to be a cheaper alternative to the Nodong, so that North Korea can build more missiles,” Lewis said.

Moreover, in the event of a war—North Korea is likely to use nuclear weapons to offset its conventional weakness. Pyongyang’s conventional forces are no match for the United States and its allies, but nuclear weapons are the great leveler. “If you have a general war, the North Korean plan is to nuke U.S. forces through South Korea and Japan,” Lewis said.

It’s not clear now many nuclear weapons North Korea has at its disposal, but it does have them. Moreover, while some doubt that the Pyongyang has miniaturized its nuclear weapons to the point where they could fit atop a missile, Lewis says that North Korea already possesses the technology. “That was the stated purpose of the fifth tests. To validate the standardized design that will arm all warheads,” Lewis said.

As for how many nuclear weapons North Korea has at its disposal, estimates vary. “Hard to say,” Lewis said. “More than 10, less than a 100. Probably closer to 10 than 100.”

My two hypotheses about Washington's position on the NK topic.

1 - It's a bluff. When NK visibly continues testing of missiles and / or nuclear weapons, with or without increased Chinese pressure, the US government will cover their embarrassment the best they can - that is, not very well - and switch to another topic entirely.

2 - It's a plot for an anti-Chinese war disguised as bluff. Even if Trump has not thought about it, his handlers - those before whom he bowed when he switched his positions to bellicist - know very well that Pyongyang won't cede. They plan to attack NK then, knowing full well that the war will be a disaster. A disaster in China's backyard. Which is the point: China is America's rival superpower, therefore creating a huge havoc in her backyard is in the cold interest of US global preeminence, and this havoc will rhetorically be attributed to China: "You couldn't control your client state!". As for South Korea and Japan, they are mere collateral damage.

I strongly hope I'm too imaginative about this N°2 hypothesis.

Thing is that large wars have already happened in the past, major nations have already started such wars for ulterior motives. Therefore, this could happen again.

Also, I have a very hard time believing that Trump's handlers can't see that NK won't stop its missile and nuclear tests like they are demanding. And if they do see that... it means they do have an ulterior motive.

Being French, I thank again De Gaulle for having had the strategic acumen to put our defense in our own hands, with a nuclear deterrence that prevents us ever being used as pawns for some superpower's global interests, or deemed mere collateral damage in its endeavours.

Trump was maybe even more correct than he thought when during his campaign he ventured to say that South Korea and Japan should build a nuclear deterrence of their own. :|
why not the more optimistic third choice:

The countries involved, especially the US and China, are okay with the status quo of two Koreas but want a bit less of the mad-dog act up north (and a wish to implement economic reform along Chinese lines like the executed uncle from a few years ago was pushing for).

So all the pieces are being moved into place for a cooperative, if clandestine, strike to incapacitate & replace the head honchos while everyone involved gets to save face as the map is reset.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Currently reading the Pulitzer novel, "The Orphanmaster's Son" by Adam Johnson. It is a fictional biography of a North Korean. Dark but fascinating so far.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Heracleum Persicum

1nGS0RtbApw

State visit, Iranian Khamnei in North Korea :lol:

Doc

Post by Doc »

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/20/politics/ ... rea-china/
US official: With eye on North Korea, China puts bombers on 'high alert'

By Ryan Browne and Elise Labott, CNN

Updated 6:58 PM ET, Thu April 20, 2017
China & North Korea: A complicated relationship
Alexis

Nervous, the Germans? Nein, of course!

Post by Alexis »

Latest cover of Der Spiegel, a very popular German newsmagazine

"Game of Death
Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un risk nuclear war"
Heracleum Persicum

Re: Nervous, the Germans? Nein, of course!

Alexis wrote:.

Latest cover of Der Spiegel, a very popular German newsmagazine

"Game of Death
Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un risk nuclear war"

War with North Korea means war with Russia and China

Trump posturing just to distract from other issues .. Real News is this :

UK defense secretary says
Tory government would launch preemptive nuclear strike

This like waving a red flag in front of the BULL (Putin)

Now, Putin could drop a "PumPkin" on UK and argue was "self defence, preventive".

And

B4 I forget

Argentina a Nuclear threshold country, give legitimacy for Argentina becoming a nuclear power.

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:1nGS0RtbApw

State visit, Iranian Khamnei in North Korea :lol:

Birds of the same feather . . .
Alexis

Tug of War

Post by Alexis »

A bit caricatural? Possibly.

But this picture is not wrong... :cry:
Simple Minded

Re: Tug of War

Post by Simple Minded »

Alexis wrote:Image

A bit caricatural? Possibly.

But this picture is not wrong... :cry:
Neither wrong nor novel nor unexpected. The difference between candidates and incumbents is always... yuge!