Tibet

HAL 10000

Tibet

Post by HAL 10000 »

Dalai Lama says that if any of his successors reincarnations turns out to be female, she MUST be attractive, or else she will not be useful!

http://atimes.com/2015/09/any-woman-suc ... alai-lama/

EXCERPT:
Any woman successor must be very pretty, says Dalai Lama
BY EDAPPILLY JAYAKUMAR on SEPTEMBER 24, 2015 in ASIA TIMES NEWS & FEATURES
The Dalai Lama has embarrassed or angered millions of his followers and women activists by saying that any female successor to his role must be “very attractive” to do the job, agencies say.

The Tibetan spiritual leader shocked a senior BBC interviewer Clive Myrie by saying that a woman aspiring to be his successor would not be the suitable choice if she is ugly.

“That female must be attractive, otherwise it is not much use,” he said.

The interview took place during Dalai Lama’s nine-day visit to London as part of a drive to spread the message of compassion and considerate bahavior.

His latest remarks may disappoint many of his female followers.

The interviewer asked him whether a woman can possibly take over his role when he turns 90. He said there is nothing wrong in a woman taking the role and recalled an interview he gave to a French woman reporter years ago.

He had then said that a woman Dalai Lama was ideal “in our troubled world”, as she would have “biologically more potential to show affection and compassion.”
The name HAL is derived from "Heuristically Programmed ALgorithmic Computer." HAL 10000 is the new generation computer destined to become the successor to HAL 9000, as suggested in Arthur C. Clarke's book.
Typhoon

Re: Tibet

Post by Typhoon »

Is he correct?
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
HAL 10000

Post by HAL 10000 »

Typhoon wrote:Is he correct?
Technically, since most humans are likely to approve a female leader with an attractive face, from a purely political perspective he would be correct. However, Dalai Lama happens to be a spiritual master, and he is not supposed to be influenced by modern materialistic thinking, the DNA of the future female incarnation of Dalai Lama determines how she looks like, and this is not inner beauty. Thus, from the spiritual perspective he is wrong.
The name HAL is derived from "Heuristically Programmed ALgorithmic Computer." HAL 10000 is the new generation computer destined to become the successor to HAL 9000, as suggested in Arthur C. Clarke's book.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Personally, I find it spiritually satisfying to know that even after many reincarnations, men are still pigs when it comes to ogling women.

Evidence of God's will!
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Simple Minded wrote:Personally, I find it spiritually satisfying to know that even after many reincarnations, men are still pigs when it comes to ogling women.

Evidence of God's will!
Actually, I think I ogled you in a previous incarnation.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:Personally, I find it spiritually satisfying to know that even after many reincarnations, men are still pigs when it comes to ogling women.

Evidence of God's will!
Actually, I think I ogled you in a previous incarnation.
That was then, this is now.

Now that I'm not so attractive, my standards are a lot lower....... in case you're still interested....... ;)
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

HAL 10000 wrote:
Typhoon wrote:Is he correct?
Technically, since most humans are likely to approve a female leader with an attractive face, from a purely political perspective he would be correct. However, Dalai Lama happens to be a spiritual master, and he is not supposed to be influenced by modern materialistic thinking, the DNA of the future female incarnation of Dalai Lama determines how she looks like, and this is not inner beauty. Thus, from the spiritual perspective he is wrong.
Well, two wrongs don't make it right. Still, other religions have typically portrayed their male leaders as handsome and virile:

Moses:

Jesus:

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Did anyone ever notice how much Moses looks like Charlton Heston?

There's a West Virginia joke in the lower picture of the guy watching the sheep.......
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Simple Minded wrote:Did anyone ever notice how much Moses looks like Charlton Heston?
Now that you mention it, the resemblance is so striking that Heston could have played Moses in a movie.
Simple Minded wrote:There's a West Virginia joke in the lower picture of the guy watching the sheep.......
Do tell.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:Did anyone ever notice how much Moses looks like Charlton Heston?
Now that you mention it, the resemblance is so striking that Heston could have played Moses in a movie.
Simple Minded wrote:There's a West Virginia joke in the lower picture of the guy watching the sheep.......
Do tell.
there are so many.

What do you call a WV farmer that raises both sheep and goats?
Bi-sexual.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Simple Minded wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Do tell.
there are so many.

What do you call a WV farmer that raises both sheep and goats?
Bi-sexual.
Very good.

A favourite:

There was this cowboy named Jake who got himself fired from his job at the ranch.
He was out of work for a while, then started to get hungry.
So he swallowed his pride, and went to the other ranch in those parts to ask for work. It was a sheep ranch.
They hired him, of course, not too many cowboys wanted to herd sheep.
The first night he was there, the other cowboys there woke him up.
"Get up, boy," they said."It's time for your initiation!"
"Initiation! But how bad could it be," he thought to himself. "After all, they were a bunch of sheep tenders!"
So they took him out back of the sheep-pen, and he saw all the other guys lined up waiting.
"Go on," they said, "Boy, it's time you showed you were a real man!"
"Huh?" he said.
"That's right," they said, pointing at the sheep, "Show us you're a real man."
"Oh, no," he thought, "they couldn't possibly want him to..."but then he really needed the job.
So he squared his shoulders and went and picked out a sheep. He led it behind the shed.
After a moment, the others were rewarded by the sounds of, "Baaaah BAAAAH..."
A couple of minutes later the cowboy came back out, buttoning his pants, to see the other guys all laughing at him.
"Oh, great," he thought, "now I've really been had."
"So, what?" he said, "Was I not supposed do that with the sheep?"
"No," they laughed. "It's just that you picked the ugliest one."

The version I first heard was set during the construction of the BAM [Baikal–Amur Mainline].
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Kannon, the Buddhist Goddess of Mercy, is also never portrayed as being hard on the eyes.

Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

I say stick with goats. They are just like sheep, but with handlebars.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila