The danger of korean girly pop

noddy

The danger of korean girly pop

Post by noddy »

a kpop band had troubles entering the US, cause they thought they where sex workers, which makes sense because american poptarts dress very conservatively.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/mu ... a3f2f364cb

then the north korean girly band (!!!! NPOP?) had to leave china before giving a performance.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/donaldkirk/ ... a-concert/

sinister parallels i say.
ultracrepidarian
YMix

Re: the danger of korean girly pop

Post by YMix »

noddy wrote:sinister parallels i say.
Isn't that the geographical area where you live? :)
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
noddy

Post by noddy »

nar, them buggers was too uppity with all them diabolical plans and nonsense.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:
sinister parallels i say.
PRC works in both instances........
Typhoon

Re: The danger of korean girly pop

Post by Typhoon »

noddy wrote:a kpop band had troubles entering the US, cause they thought they where sex workers, which makes sense because american poptarts dress very conservatively.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/mu ... a3f2f364cb

. . .
The Asian woman as submissive subservient sex slave stereotype at work.

As opposed to the domineering Dragon Lady stereotype.

Dltb5gj4HvI

Quite.

hRS6CAESl6c

The irony is the these girls train 10 hours a day and are forbidden by contract to have boyfriends.

My main complaint in both cases is that the music is so drill-a-hole-in-one's-head bland.

Interesting that in this aged of supposed female liberation,
the individual female singers and girl groups are more infantalized and/or sexualized than ever.
Compared to, say, the 1960's

jrVbawRPO7I
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

K-pop is apparently turning Chinese boys into........ o_o....... :lol: .......

To fight K-pop’s influence in China, a club teaches young boys to be alpha males

Influenced by K-pop idols in Korea, China’s boy bands and celebrities — with their delicate beauty, dyed hair and haute couture wardrobes — have a massive following among women here. But China’s state-run media condemns the young idols, calling them “sissy pants" and “fresh young meat.”
https://www.latimes.com/world/la-fg-chi ... 3oguXiy1x4
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
noddy

Post by noddy »

https://gfycat.com/sandyfluidirishdraughthorse

For the purposes of science, I watched this on a loop for ages but alas so far I havent turned pretty nor started wearing makeup.
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:K-pop is apparently turning Chinese boys into........ o_o....... :lol: .......

To fight K-pop’s influence in China, a club teaches young boys to be alpha males

Influenced by K-pop idols in Korea, China’s boy bands and celebrities — with their delicate beauty, dyed hair and haute couture wardrobes — have a massive following among women here. But China’s state-run media condemns the young idols, calling them “sissy pants" and “fresh young meat.”
Male hosts at host bars for women in Japan also tend to be effeminate looking "pretty boys".

One hypothesis I've heard advanced for this is that they comes across as "less threatening" to women.

Not being female, no idea if this is accurate or not.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

The tendency for me is to make me say 'sweetie' and 'honey' a lot, and I'm not sure that would be appreciated very much......'>........
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

There may be precedent for the K-Pop phenomena. Here's a good case for it....'>.......

dirYZvfDAVI
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Masculinity. In some places it's said to overflowing to the point of being "toxic", in others it is apparently lacking.

Int NY Times | A ‘Masculinity Crisis’? China Says the Boys Are Not All Right
The Education Ministry plans to beef up gym classes after a top official said female teachers and pop culture had made boys “weak, inferior, and timid.”
The taxonomy in Japan
nikushoku-kei danshi (肉食系男子; carnivore guys): Classic macho guys who go after what – and who – they want.

sōshoku-kei danshi (草食系男子; herbivore guys): Shy guys who don’t make a move; prey for the growing number of nikushoku-kei josei (carnivore girls).

roru kyabetsu danshi (ロールキャベツ男子; roll cabbage guys): Guys who appear to be herbivores but are actually carnivore to the core; named for the classic yōshoku (Japanese-style western food) dish of cooked cabbage stuffed with meat.

asupara bēkon-maki danshi (アスパラベーコン巻き男子; bacon-wrapped asparagus guys): Guys who come across as carnivores but later reveal themselves to be herbivores; named for the yakitori dish.

zasshoku-kei danshi (雑食系男子; omnivorous guys): Guys who will go with whatever works.

zesshoku-kei danshi (絶食系男子; fasting guys): Guys with zero interest in women.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Colonel Sun wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:55 pm Masculinity. In some places it's said to overflowing to the point of being "toxic", in others it is apparently lacking.

Int NY Times | A ‘Masculinity Crisis’? China Says the Boys Are Not All Right
The Education Ministry plans to beef up gym classes after a top official said female teachers and pop culture had made boys “weak, inferior, and timid.”
The taxonomy in Japan
nikushoku-kei danshi (肉食系男子; carnivore guys): Classic macho guys who go after what – and who – they want.

sōshoku-kei danshi (草食系男子; herbivore guys): Shy guys who don’t make a move; prey for the growing number of nikushoku-kei josei (carnivore girls).

roru kyabetsu danshi (ロールキャベツ男子; roll cabbage guys): Guys who appear to be herbivores but are actually carnivore to the core; named for the classic yōshoku (Japanese-style western food) dish of cooked cabbage stuffed with meat.

asupara bēkon-maki danshi (アスパラベーコン巻き男子; bacon-wrapped asparagus guys): Guys who come across as carnivores but later reveal themselves to be herbivores; named for the yakitori dish.

zasshoku-kei danshi (雑食系男子; omnivorous guys): Guys who will go with whatever works.

zesshoku-kei danshi (絶食系男子; fasting guys): Guys with zero interest in women.
So, since "honkys" and "n*ggers" don't work as insults in Japan, labels that are intended to insult are named after Chinese food?

That seems a bit harsh.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Colonel Sun wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:56 am
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:K-pop is apparently turning Chinese boys into........ o_o....... :lol: .......

Male hosts at host bars for women in Japan also tend to be effeminate looking "pretty boys".

One hypothesis I've heard advanced for this is that they comes across as "less threatening" to women.

Not being female, no idea if this is accurate or not.
To these eyes, the guys on the far left and far right may be pretty boys but they still look like boys-- 2, 3 & 4 really start crossing into unknown territory if I were to see these random face pictures without any context.

==========

As for the hypothesis, I've read it put in a cruder way, "Androgynous boys are for those girls who think they are keeping a big secret from the rest of the world. They- and only they- are really into penis; it is a discovery they made on their own and keep to themselves, with the world none the wiser."
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Those haircuts look anime influenced. Which is androgynous to be sure, but the psychology is different.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila