Japan

Typhoon

Re: Japan

Post by Typhoon »

gSxzTNcVezU
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:gSxzTNcVezU
Too cool.

Occupy Nara is caused by AGW or in response to oppression by da man?

Have they presented a list of demands yet?
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Simple Minded wrote:
Typhoon wrote:gSxzTNcVezU
Too cool.

Occupy Nara is caused by AGW or in response to oppression by da man?

Have they presented a list of demands yet?
:lol:

This herd of deer in Nara has been protected for over 1,200 years, so they naturally assume that they have the run of the place.

S-DhF-YcpIw

The scenes of the highly urbanized girls feeding the deer and then becoming scared are so common as to be stereotypical.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

While I"m at it.

Autumn in Kyoto

ulVRwaxwqgo

Disclaimer: Not all of Kyoto is scenic temples, much is postwar ferrocement. :wink: Still worth a visit, I think.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:
This herd of deer in Nara has been protected for over 1,200 years, so they naturally assume that they have the run of the place.
People and deer, both seem like herd animals.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Recently, there has been a series of report increased incidence of thyroid cancer in children in the Fukushima area.

Cancer Network | Role of Fukushima Radiation Unclear in Pediatric Thyroid Cancers

tl;dr: Thyroid cancers first show up about a decade after exposure, not in a few years.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

CS, how come Japan educated less engineers than Iran ? ?

image001.jpg
image001.jpg (210.44 KiB) Viewed 1716 times

noddy

Post by noddy »

ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

image001.jpg

No idea.

Why not ask Toyota, Honda, Mazda, Nissan, Hitachi, Toshiba, Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon, Shimadzu, Hammamatsu, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc.

Whom may I ask in Iran?
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote:

image001.jpg

No idea.

Why not ask Toyota, Honda, Mazda, Nissan, Hitachi, Toshiba, Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon, Shimadzu, Hammamatsu, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc.

Whom may I ask in Iran ?

CS, you lookin in rear mirror .. Toyota, Honda, Mazda, Nissan, Hitachi, Toshiba, Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon, Shimadzu, Hammamatsu, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc. .. are all rear mirror

At that time, our beloved Persia was under Russian-British-Ottoman-US boots, in struggle to become his own man .. now Iran his own man

Engineers educated now will show up in "living standard" in a generation or two.

In that sense, dear CS, if Iran is educating more engineers (not only in Iran but in MIT and Palo Alto) than Japan does right now, and Japanese population grayling .. if so, NO GOOD, CS.

So, asking Toyota, Honda, Mazda, Nissan, Hitachi, Toshiba, Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon, Shimadzu, Hammamatsu, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc. .. does not answer my original question.

Answer could be, not enough Japanese young people, and they not interested in engineering

AND .. there is no money in engineering, except in Palo Alto .. everywhere else a Plumber makes more than an engineer.

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

image001.jpg

No idea.

Whom may I ask in Iran ?

CS, you lookin in rear mirror .. Toyota, Honda, Mazda, Nissan, Hitachi, Toshiba, Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon, Shimadzu, Hammamatsu, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc. .. are all rear mirror

At that time, our beloved Persia was under Russian-British-Ottoman-US boots, in struggle to become his own man .. now Iran his own man

Engineers educated now will show up in "living standard" in a generation or two.

In that sense, dear CS, if Iran is educating more engineers (not only in Iran but in MIT and Palo Alto) than Japan does right now, and Japanese population grayling .. if so, NO GOOD, CS.

So, asking Toyota, Honda, Mazda, Nissan, Hitachi, Toshiba, Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon, Shimadzu, Hammamatsu, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc. .. does not answer my original question.

Answer could be, not enough Japanese young people, and they not interested in engineering

AND .. there is no money in engineering, except in Palo Alto .. everywhere else a Plumber makes more than an engineer.

Après moi, le déluge.

Whatever.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Godzilla on his smartphone, googling 'How many carbs does Tokyo have'

— Chris Johnson (@Eenfidel)
noddy

Post by noddy »

by including civil engineering they have made the comparison meaningless and rather silly, concrete mixers are always going to dominate in a country that is developing over one that is developed, its highly cyclical and man power intensive.

id want to see breakdowns of the specific engineering fields before i bothered having an opinion.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:
Godzilla on his smartphone, googling 'How many carbs does Tokyo have'

— Chris Johnson (@Eenfidel)
Less than NYC or Mexico City fer sure. Plus since they love fish, lots of Omega-3s.

F**k those vegan preaching buttholes Godzilla, life is short!
Heracleum Persicum

SaShimi i i i i i i i i i i

img_0036.jpg
img_0036.jpg (61.54 KiB) Viewed 1659 times

A Cape Breton fisherman caught the 'biggest fish of my life'
868-lb bluefin tuna worth $7,700

I fish, Salmon

Heracleum Persicum

Japan awards Iranian Parivash Ganji for her efforts in promoting the Japanese culture.

Ganji received Japan’s Order of the Rising Sun for her extensive research on Sassanid designs which according to the Japanese Embassy in Iran contributed to designs used in Japanese Kimono and Obi.

Heracleum Persicum

Japanese Foreign Ministry Press Secretary Yasuhisa Kawamura
“Japan does not intend to participate in the Coalition,
which has been conducting military operations against ISIL [IS].
Nor does Japan plan to provide the Coalition with its logistical support for its air bombardment and other military operations against ISIL,”
Kawamura said.

At the same time, according to Yasuhisa Kawamura, Japan will step up humanitarian assistance to refugees and internally displaced people.

"Japan for its part will continue to expand and enrich food and other humanitarian assistance for the refugees and the internally displaced people and will fulfill its non-military responsibility in the international community area," Kawamura said.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

It’s really hard to buy a gun in Japan. The country also has almost no gun homicides.
To get a gun in Japan, first, you have to attend an all-day class and pass a written test, which are held only once per month. You also must take and pass a shooting range class. Then, head over to a hospital for a mental test and drug test (Japan is unusual in that potential gun owners must affirmatively prove their mental fitness), which you'll file with the police. Finally, pass a rigorous background check for any criminal record or association with criminal or extremist groups, and you will be the proud new owner of your shotgun or air rifle. Just don't forget to provide police with documentation on the specific location of the gun in your home, as well as the ammo, both of which must be locked and stored separately. And remember to have the police inspect the gun once per year and to re-take the class and exam every three years.
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote:It’s really hard to buy a gun in Japan. The country also has almost no gun homicides.
To get a gun in Japan, first, you have to attend an all-day class and pass a written test, which are held only once per month. You also must take and pass a shooting range class. Then, head over to a hospital for a mental test and drug test (Japan is unusual in that potential gun owners must affirmatively prove their mental fitness), which you'll file with the police. Finally, pass a rigorous background check for any criminal record or association with criminal or extremist groups, and you will be the proud new owner of your shotgun or air rifle. Just don't forget to provide police with documentation on the specific location of the gun in your home, as well as the ammo, both of which must be locked and stored separately. And remember to have the police inspect the gun once per year and to re-take the class and exam every three years.

Specially I like the mental check in a hospital .. repeated every 3 yrs

Bravo Japan

This is the way it should be everywhere

noddy

Post by noddy »

ill dig the hole for the guy that tell the pashtun the new rules but i wont be that guy.

slightly more seriously, its easier to have strict gun rules in smaller countries full of people that dont care much for guns like japan or australia.
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

Answer to Japan’s worker shortage :
Bring in the Syrians

Forecasts based on current trends expect Japan’s population to fall below 100 million in 2048 and to about 87 million by 2060, when 40 percent of people will be 65 or older, reporter Reuters. Prime Minister Shinzo Abe wants to hold the line at 100 million by 2060, a fifth below current levels.

“Even if you magically increased the birth rate by tomorrow, still it would take these babies 20 years to grow, so we really need to do something about the labor market,” Taro Kono, the Minister for Administrative Reform, told Reuters in an interview. Appointed in October, Kono is also the head of the National Public Safety Commission

With Japan’s birth rate at rock-bottom levels, Abe wants to bring more women and elderly into the workforce to fill gaps, rather than on focus on immigration, which can be a contentious topic in a society where many pride themselves on cultural and ethnic homogeneity.

“People talk about getting more women (and) … more senior people to stay in the labor market. We obviously have to do both, and that still will not be enough,” Kono told Reuters.

Kono said given “psychological barriers” to immigration among the Japanese public, the policy debate would take time.

More to the point: The Syrian refugees can’t wait. Is it just us, or does this seem like an obvious solution to two serious problems. Japan needs more people who can enter the workforce now and the Syrians need a home, a job and need to stop drowning at sea.

“Are we competitive enough to pull good foreign workers to this country? I have some doubt about it,” said the 52-year-old Kono.

“Think about China. They will soon start getting old and need a lot of care workers and they will start sucking in all the foreign workers, and then it’s going to be fierce competition.”

Kono said that the government was taking some steps to open up to foreign workers in sectors such as construction, nursing and domestic help, but an overall policy was needed.

“We probably need some kind of integrated policy in the future. That’s what I call immigration policy or foreign workers policy – integrated, not just piece by piece,” he said.

makes sense

A Graying Japanese Population, maybe, time to take-in 1 million Syrian refugee

What would be alternative ? ?

monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Non-Islamic Robots...........

Post by monster_gardener »

Bring in the Syrians

Forecasts based on current trends expect Japan’s population to fall below 100 million in 2048 and to about 87 million by 2060, when 40 percent of people will be 65 or older, reporter Reuters. Prime Minister Shinzo Abe wants to hold the line at 100 million by 2060, a fifth below current levels.

“Even if you magically increased the birth rate by tomorrow, still it would take these babies 20 years to grow, so we really need to do something about the labor market,” Taro Kono, the Minister for Administrative Reform, told Reuters in an interview. Appointed in October, Kono is also the head of the National Public Safety Commission

With Japan’s birth rate at rock-bottom levels, Abe wants to bring more women and elderly into the workforce to fill gaps, rather than on focus on immigration, which can be a contentious topic in a society where many pride themselves on cultural and ethnic homogeneity.

“People talk about getting more women (and) … more senior people to stay in the labor market. We obviously have to do both, and that still will not be enough,” Kono told Reuters.

Kono said given “psychological barriers” to immigration among the Japanese public, the policy debate would take time.

More to the point: The Syrian refugees can’t wait. Is it just us, or does this seem like an obvious solution to two serious problems. Japan needs more people who can enter the workforce now and the Syrians need a home, a job and need to stop drowning at sea.

“Are we competitive enough to pull good foreign workers to this country? I have some doubt about it,” said the 52-year-old Kono.

“Think about China. They will soon start getting old and need a lot of care workers and they will start sucking in all the foreign workers, and then it’s going to be fierce competition.”

Kono said that the government was taking some steps to open up to foreign workers in sectors such as construction, nursing and domestic help, but an overall policy was needed.

“We probably need some kind of integrated policy in the future. That’s what I call immigration policy or foreign workers policy – integrated, not just piece by piece,” he said.

makes sense

Thank You Very Much for your post, Azari........

Among the non-Islamic alternatives..........

I suspect Robots............ :idea:

Will be the favorite of the Japanese..... ;)
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Heracleum Persicum

Re: Non-Islamic Robots...........

monster_gardener wrote:

Bring in the Syrians

makes sense

Thank You Very Much for your post, Azari........

Among the non-Islamic alternatives..........

I suspect Robots............ :idea:

Will be the favorite of the Japanese..... ;)

The robots must be modernized etc etc .. these must be done by human engineers .. if working force, scientist, engineers and technical expert fall in number, robot quality too will fall

There is no way around boosting the population.

Syrian refugee the best alternative .. the other alternative would be Chinese, Indonesia, Malay, Indian, African :lol:

There is a reason Angela taking 1.5 million of them .. and Justin Trudeau welcoming them personally at airport

Heracleum Persicum

Korean Professor Disputes ‘Comfort Women’ Narrative

Park Yu-ha has been charged with defamation for a book that challenges the common understanding of “comfort women” as innocent girls taken forcibly and raped by Japanese colonizers.
In her book, she emphasized that it was profiteering Korean collaborators, as well as private Japanese recruiters, who forced or lured women into the “comfort stations,” where life included both rape and prostitution. There is no evidence, she wrote, that the Japanese government was officially involved in, and therefore legally responsible for, coercing Korean women.

Although often brutalized in a “slavelike condition” in their brothels, Ms. Park added, the women from the Japanese colonies of Korea and Taiwan were also treated as citizens of the empire and were expected to consider their service patriotic. They forged a “comradelike relationship” with the Japanese soldiers and sometimes fell in love with them, she wrote. She cited cases where Japanese soldiers took loving care of sick women and even returned those who did not want to become prostitutes.

Seems, things not clear as we thought

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Korean Professor Disputes ‘Comfort Women’ Narrative

Park Yu-ha has been charged with defamation for a book that challenges the common understanding of “comfort women” as innocent girls taken forcibly and raped by Japanese colonizers.
In her book, she emphasized that it was profiteering Korean collaborators, as well as private Japanese recruiters, who forced or lured women into the “comfort stations,” where life included both rape and prostitution. There is no evidence, she wrote, that the Japanese government was officially involved in, and therefore legally responsible for, coercing Korean women.

Although often brutalized in a “slavelike condition” in their brothels, Ms. Park added, the women from the Japanese colonies of Korea and Taiwan were also treated as citizens of the empire and were expected to consider their service patriotic. They forged a “comradelike relationship” with the Japanese soldiers and sometimes fell in love with them, she wrote. She cited cases where Japanese soldiers took loving care of sick women and even returned those who did not want to become prostitutes.

Seems, things not clear as we thought

A major industry in S Korea is rewriting their history to their own benefit.

Most of the great fortunes in S Korea today, such as Samsung, Lotte, and Hyundai, and former influential politicians got their start collaborating with the Japanese colonial administrators and/or serving the Imperial Japanese Army.