China

Typhoon

Re: China

Post by Typhoon »

Grauniad | All mention of Panama Papers banned from Chinese websites
Internet watchdog forbids editors from covering the scandal as names of high-profile Chinese emerge
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

irfd74z52Cw
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

China Needs Women..........

Post by monster_gardener »

Typhoon wrote:irfd74z52Cw
Thank You Very Much for your post, Typhoon...........

Interesting.........

AIUI there is a shortage of women in China.........

After the One Child policy..........
China's poorest men should be made to share wives because a shortage of women means there are not enough to go around, says top economist
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/peoples ... wives.html
BRIDE SHORTAGE, UNMARRIED MEN AND FOREIGN WOMEN FOR SALE IN CHINA

BRIDE SHORTAGE IN CHINA

The high number of male births has also resulted in a shortage of brides. According to the Chinese Academy of Sciences one in five young men will be brideless. It is estimated that one million Chinese men will reach marriageable age every year and be unable to find a wife. Studies indicate that one in ten to one in six men “a number equivalent to the entire population of Canada---will never get married and that unmarried men between 20 and 44 already outnumber their female counterparts 2 to 1.
http://factsanddetails.com/china/cat4/s ... m1029.html
In the total population of only 284 in Jin's tiny hamlet in Da Xin township in China's Hunan province, the number of single women is zero. There hasn't been a wedding or a new home built here for a decade. "I'm poor and I'm no longer young," says Jin, who's 33 and still boyish-looking. "There are so many bachelors that I will never find a girl to marry me."
http://www.marieclaire.com/politics/new ... ge-crisis/

Needs to move near the North Korean border with China......

Korean women escaping from that frozen hell are quite willing to marry poor even elderly Chinese farmers.......

Because they have food......... :shock:
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

noddy

Post by noddy »

im seeing mixed views on that and its all quite ironic when you think about it.

they have many older people who sacraficed alot for mao's madness so they cant denigrate them and they also got their own power and legitimacy from that.

vs

violent chaotic revolution agains the upper class and calling it a successful technique is hardly a viewpoint they wish to indulge ahha.
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

noddy wrote:im seeing mixed views on that and its all quite ironic when you think about it.

they have many older people who sacraficed alot for mao's madness so they cant denigrate them and they also got their own power and legitimacy from that.

vs

violent chaotic revolution agains the upper class and calling it a successful technique is hardly a viewpoint they wish to indulge ahha.
FT | The return of Mao: a new threat to China’s politics
The [former] dictator is enjoying a surge of popularity. But the rise of this neo-Maoist movement could upend China’s stability.
Some claims are rather speculative, but an interesting article nonetheless.
noddy

Post by noddy »

popular revolutions overthrowing capitalist oligarchs is
* good
* bad
* lavender-cant-we-just-ignore-this-topic-its-making-me-uncomfortable
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Mao is dead?

So, Who is the guy that is still alive?
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Simple Minded wrote:Mao is dead?

So, Who is the guy that is still alive?
Zombie Mao.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

FT | Too big, too Leninist – a China crisis is a matter of time
Corruption is too deeply rooted in the party system for Xi’s reforms to work
Quite.
noddy

Post by noddy »

to be contrarian the japanese economy is also going to collapse any day now and has been for decades!
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

noddy wrote:to be contrarian the japanese economy is also going to collapse any day now and has been for decades!
Indeed.

However, these predictions came after the Great Bubble Economy.

GguNlQJ-Xqk

During the Bubble Economy, the same pundits, the usual suspects, were predicting that Japan was going to rule the world economically.

At some point, China will have it's own debt blowout. As for when, who knows.
noddy

China

Post by noddy »

They are getting extra sneeky now.

ultracrepidarian
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

See http://didthesystemcollapse.com for a simple take on the china/western PM arbitrage.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Typhoon wrote:irfd74z52Cw

Is said, China missing millions of girls, too many boys were born (for single child, Chinese wanted Boy)

So, why some girls has difficulty finding good husband ?

Strange

noddy

Post by noddy »

from what i understand china is quite separated between its urban and rural sub cultures so the rurals have an excess of boys doesnt mean the urban will have an excess of good husbands.

lots of unmarried rednecks doesnt appeal to the middle class chicks :)
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

noddy wrote:.

from what i understand china is quite separated between its urban and rural sub cultures so the rurals have an excess of boys doesnt mean the urban will have an excess of good husbands.

Thanx , noddy .. makes sense .. seems the girls are educated and in big cities .. the boys in farms .. does not match

The single girls have "biological" clock .. if not married and had children, quite difficult and not good to have children once passed 40.

Is IVF (In Vitro Fertilisation) .. a lot of carrier woman, girls, do this in US .. costly, but carrier woman can afford.

Would become good business in China

Doctors who specialize in IVF, in US, can make 3+ m per yrs.

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

noddy wrote:from what i understand china is quite separated between its urban and rural sub cultures so the rurals have an excess of boys doesnt mean the urban will have an excess of good husbands.

Quite.

Middle class women in urban China have three minimum criteria that men must meet:

Own a house, or at least a sizeable apartment, in the city.
Own a car.
Have a respected well paying stable job with good prospects.

Other factors include family background and class which have re-emerged as significant considerations.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

SCMP | Why China's Shadow Boycott of South Korea is Self Defeating

tl;dr:
If Beijing keeps breaking free-trade rules to make its foreign-policy points against rival nations, it will hurt domestic markets and lose international stature
noddy

Post by noddy »

china stands opposite to every nearly every platform of globalisation dogma.

it will probably keep getting away with it for aslong as its making the right people rich.
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

noddy wrote:china stands opposite to every nearly every platform of globalisation dogma.

it will probably keep getting away with it for aslong as its making the right people rich.
They certainly are making it difficult for foreign companies to operate in China.

As with Japan, "Chinese snow is different".
Heracleum Persicum

Maoists for Trump
Lately some of China’s Maoists are finding inspiration in an unlikely insurgent in the West :
Donald J. Trump.

Nice bedfellow :lol:

Trump will fail .. All those millionaires and Billionaires on his cabinet worthless .. American strength is (relative) penniless people building enterprise, like Bezos from Amazon or those google people or Oracle etc etc, not people like Koch Brothers born with silver spoon in mouth.

Donald going to fail, badly .. all hot air.

Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote:
noddy wrote:from what i understand china is quite separated between its urban and rural sub cultures so the rurals have an excess of boys doesnt mean the urban will have an excess of good husbands.

Quite.

Middle class women in urban China have three minimum criteria that men must meet:

Own a house, or at least a sizeable apartment, in the city.
Own a car.

Have a respected well paying stable job with good prospects.

Other factors include family background and class which have re-emerged as significant considerations.

Few man, even in America, would qualify with those 3 "minimum" criteria , let alone in China

These days, very few young man own a home in America, let alone a "well paying stable Job" (even without any prospect as anyone can be laid off with a week notice).

Girls should loosen up .. partner is not same as life insurance .. young couples must "make it" together, built their life, including assets, together .. otherwise it would be "love-less" life, worthless .. or they must marry somebody (@lest) double their own age (seems now happening).