Heracleum Persicum

Re: Spengler rediscovers China

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Typhoon wrote:.
YMix wrote:.
Spengman sounds like Pepe Escobar.

Quite.

Question is, whether they right

Look, China, Iran , they # 2 and # 1 civilization last 8000 yrs, for 1000 yrs .. no reason they can't be at the top (again) .. China already there, Iran on the way

Spengler realized now how wrong he was belittling our beloved Persia .. seem, he now changing horse .. well, better late than never.

Trump's UN speech today was really not in tune with our beloved American greatness .. seems he in war with the world, only friend seems to be Natanyahu .. Trump (probably) not watched this clip, a pivotal mistake that changed American destiny.

wHmhf_wrcrM

noddy

Re: China

Post by noddy »

so no facts - just dick waving and prejudices.

in reality - the main chip design firm is an english one (ARM) which is owned and operated by a japanese tv production house, the biggest and most modern fab house is in south korea and is run by samsung and the biggest producer for the microcontrollers that are used in everything now is a dutch company called NXP, which bought out their main competitor from the US (freescale) but recently got bought out by the american competitor to samsung (Qualcomm)

the modern electronic world is massively globalised and runs margins so low that intel didnt even bother participating in many of the markets because they dont see any profit in it.

it also only employs a relative tiny handful of engineers and mostly relies on borderline slave labour for assembly - it barely benefits the average joe in the country its happening, these companies are all globalised and dont pay taxes.

as for the skills required to design things - thats also been opened up and you can buy CPU designing kits with all the software for less than $100 US.

any child on the planet can participate in this, to babble on about america vs china or boast that iran will learn it soon is absurd - kids in the russian tundra or african wilderness do this stuff.
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

noddy wrote:.

in reality - the main chip design firm is an english one (ARM) which is owned and operated by a japanese tv production house, the biggest and most modern fab house is in south korea and is run by samsung and the biggest producer for the microcontrollers that are used in everything now is a dutch company called NXP, which bought out their main competitor from the US (freescale) but recently got bought out by the american competitor to samsung (Qualcomm)

the modern electronic world is massively globalised and runs margins so low that intel didnt even bother participating in many of the markets because they dont see any profit in it.

it also only employs a relative tiny handful of engineers and mostly relies on borderline slave labour for assembly - it barely benefits the average joe in the country its happening, these companies are all globalised and dont pay taxes.

as for the skills required to design things - thats also been opened up and you can buy CPU designing kits with all the software for less than $100 US.

any child on the planet can participate in this, to babble on about america vs china or boast that iran will learn it soon is absurd - kids in the russian tundra or african wilderness do this stuff.

You right, noddy

Trump blocking Lattice sale to Chinese silly

Heracleum Persicum

You right, noddy

Heracleum Persicum

noddy

Post by noddy »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:

You right, noddy

only lattice will suffer for it.

http://www.made-in-china.com/manufacturers/fpga.html
ultracrepidarian
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

noddy wrote:so no facts - just dick waving and prejudices.

You can buy this one for US$30.......'>........

https://www.amazon.com/Raspberry-Model- ... B01CD5VC92
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
noddy

Post by noddy »

"well actually" (aka: be a boring pedant)

raspberry pi's are quite expensive in amongst all the cheap ARM computers now - you can get them as low as $5 from china, its amazeballs.

the $100 one I was talking about is the next level above using a computer someone else designed, its actually a meta-toolkit for designing your own cpu, not just writing software for an mass produced existing one.

eg: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11953

anyone on the planet can buy things like these, manuals and tutorials for how to drive it and become their own cpu engineer.

thats how far its moved along - any arguments about owning these skillsets are somewhat obsolete - it would be like stopping reading and writing.
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

I'm just grateful that would be jihadists in the West are so gob smacking technically inept.

If the J-Red Army had access to this stuff back in their day . . .
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
noddy

Post by noddy »

indeed.

the durian terrorists gaffa tape a tiny IED to a shop bought camera drone that can only handle a couple of hundred grams excess weight and the media loses its crap about terrorists gaining access to drone tech.

in the hacker world there are guys building drones which can carry 100+ kg payloads.
ultracrepidarian
noddy

Post by noddy »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

China has grand ambitions to dethrone the dollar
It may make a powerful move this year

Am sure this also the plan of Trump administration .. fallin Dollar would make US goods more competitive

And

Who will be the biggest loser of Dollar collapse ? .. Not the asset holder (Americans) , but Dollar holders (China, Arabs, foreigners)

America bought all those assets with high dollars, now those dollars lose value, become Turkish LIRA :lol:

Am sure that's Trump plan

American Joe would not feel it, as he no driving Mercedes or Audi.

Short Dollar, Long Euro could be trade of the decade.

they will need to clean up their house first - their entire export economy has been based around printing money like candy and keeping the value low.

id be surprised if they can make that adjustment painlessly.
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

FT | China’s growth miracle has run out of steam
The implications are obvious, even if most economists have been surprisingly reluctant to acknowledge them. Anyone who believes there has been a significant amount of wasted investment in China must accept that reported GDP growth overstates the real increase in wealth by the failure to recognise the associated bad debt. Were it correctly written down, by some estimates GDP growth would fall below 3 per cent.

Historical precedents suggest the potential magnitude of this overstatement. Japan’s economy in the 1980s, for example, had distortions that resemble those of China today. Although not nearly as extreme, Japan too suffered from a very low consumption share of GDP and an overreliance on investment that, by the 1980s, had veered into substantial misallocation.

In the early 1990s, Japan’s reported GDP comprised 17 per cent of the overall global total, and few doubted that its soaring economy would become the world’s largest by the end of the century. Instead, once credit growth stabilised, Japan’s share of global GDP began to plummet, and has since fallen by nearly 60 per cent.
This time it is different . . .
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:FT | China’s growth miracle has run out of steam
The implications are obvious, even if most economists have been surprisingly reluctant to acknowledge them. Anyone who believes there has been a significant amount of wasted investment in China must accept that reported GDP growth overstates the real increase in wealth by the failure to recognise the associated bad debt. Were it correctly written down, by some estimates GDP growth would fall below 3 per cent.

Historical precedents suggest the potential magnitude of this overstatement. Japan’s economy in the 1980s, for example, had distortions that resemble those of China today. Although not nearly as extreme, Japan too suffered from a very low consumption share of GDP and an overreliance on investment that, by the 1980s, had veered into substantial misallocation.

In the early 1990s, Japan’s reported GDP comprised 17 per cent of the overall global total, and few doubted that its soaring economy would become the world’s largest by the end of the century. Instead, once credit growth stabilised, Japan’s share of global GDP began to plummet, and has since fallen by nearly 60 per cent.
This time it is different . . .
It always is.... for the young.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

3L8osxCmUBU
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Reuters | China sets stage for Xi to stay in office indefinitely
BEIJING (Reuters) - China’s ruling Communist Party on Sunday set the stage for President Xi Jinping to stay in office indefinitely,
with a proposal to remove a constitutional clause limiting presidential service to just two terms in office.
Setting the stage for post demise turbulence.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Typhoon wrote:Reuters | China sets stage for Xi to stay in office indefinitely
BEIJING (Reuters) - China’s ruling Communist Party on Sunday set the stage for President Xi Jinping to stay in office indefinitely,
with a proposal to remove a constitutional clause limiting presidential service to just two terms in office.
Hopefully stability up until then.

should see mostly over the lifespan hurdle - the next round of suckers can deal with the petulant little emperor that replaces him :P
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

noddy wrote:
Unlikely, if history is any guide.
Comrade Putin started out as an economic reformer and ended up a kleptocrat.
China has its own pathological example in Comrade Mao.
noddy wrote: should see mostly over the lifespan hurdle - the next round of suckers can deal with the petulant little emperor that replaces him :P
His demise will probably leave a vacuum with lots of opportunists attempting to fill his place. A period of great instability.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:
noddy wrote:
Unlikely, if history is any guide.
China has abandon rule of law completely. And Xi has completely given up on consensus rule and become a dictator for life.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/28/worl ... china.html

Comrade Putin started out as an economic reformer and ended up a kleptocrat.
China has its own pathological example in Comrade Mao.
noddy wrote: should see mostly over the lifespan hurdle - the next round of suckers can deal with the petulant little emperor that replaces him :P
His demise will probably leave a vacuum with lots of opportunists attempting to fill his place. A period of great instability.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Dictator for life is still a shorter reign than a perpetual deep state/media complex.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Doc

Post by Doc »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:Dictator for life is still a shorter reign than a perpetual deep state/media complex.
It will lead to a far more insatiable situation in the long run. Xi has now become a war making in the making. When things go south because companies no longer see China as a good place to invest money there will have to be outsiders to blame.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:Dictator for life is still a shorter reign than a perpetual deep state/media complex.
"If you have nothing to hide, then you have nothing to fear"

China has a long history of not tolerating any dissent in media. Today that includes all PRC social media, WeChat, Weibo, etc. More so with the ascension of Xi Jinping.

Everything from Reason to Alternet would have been long shut down in China. Facebook, Google, Youtube, Instagram, Snapchat, etc are all blocked.

This forum could not exist in PR China.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Reuters | China to bar people with bad 'social credit' from planes, trains

You better watch out
You better not cry
Better not pout
I'm telling you why
Xi Jinping is coming to town

He's making a list
He's checking it twice;
He's gonna find out who's naughty or nice

He sees you when you're sleeping
He knows when you're awake
He knows when you've been bad or good
So be good for goodness sake!

You better watch out!
You better not cry
Better not pout
I'm telling you why
noddy

Post by noddy »

6.15 million Chinese citizens had been banned from taking flights for social misdeeds.
I seem to remember the system also punishes you for flying under the radar - its not just about avoiding negative points its also about acquiring positive points.

this is the worst dystopian outcome that is possible. horrifying.
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

noddy wrote:
6.15 million Chinese citizens had been banned from taking flights for social misdeeds.
I seem to remember the system also punishes you for flying under the radar - its not just about avoiding negative points its also about acquiring positive points.

this is the worst dystopian outcome that is possible. horrifying.
Quite. It is apparently not sufficient that one's silence implies consent.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Bloomberg | PR China is nationalizing its tech sector

If the West is lucky, currying favour with the CCP will come to dwarf innovation.