China

noddy

Re: China

Post by noddy »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
noddy wrote:from what i understand china is quite separated between its urban and rural sub cultures so the rurals have an excess of boys doesnt mean the urban will have an excess of good husbands.

lots of unmarried rednecks doesnt appeal to the middle class chicks :)
Quite.

Middle class women in urban China have three minimum criteria that men must meet:

Own a house, or at least a sizeable apartment, in the city.
Own a car.

Have a respected well paying stable job with good prospects.

Other factors include family background and class which have re-emerged as significant considerations.

Few man, even in America, would qualify with those 3 "minimum" criteria , let alone in China

These days, very few young man own a home in America, let alone a "well paying stable Job" (even without any prospect as anyone can be laid off with a week notice).

Girls should loosen up .. partner is not same as life insurance .. young couples must "make it" together, built their life, including assets, together .. otherwise it would be "love-less" life, worthless .. or they must marry somebody (@lest) double their own age (seems now happening).

middle class indulgence tends to create princes and princess, one child policy escalates that and turns them into emperors and empresses :)

when all of the families hopes and expectations are put on that child, its not allowed to aim low.
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

noddy wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
noddy wrote:from what i understand china is quite separated between its urban and rural sub cultures so the rurals have an excess of boys doesnt mean the urban will have an excess of good husbands.

Quite.

Middle class women in urban China have three minimum criteria that men must meet:

Own a car.

Other factors include family background and class which have re-emerged as significant considerations.

Few man, even in America, would qualify with those 3 "minimum" criteria , let alone in China

These days, very few young man own a home in America, let alone a "well paying stable Job" (even without any prospect as anyone can be laid off with a week notice).

Girls should loosen up .. partner is not same as life insurance .. young couples must "make it" together, built their life, including assets, together .. otherwise it would be "love-less" life, worthless .. or they must marry somebody (@lest) double their own age (seems now happening).

middle class indulgence tends to create princes and princess, one child policy escalates that and turns them into emperors and empresses :)

when all of the families hopes and expectations are put on that child, its not allowed to aim low.

That "one child Girl" , once 20+ , in the new modern China, is her own man even in China .. she has to make her "WISE" choice .. waiting for those 3 criteria CS posted, would mean she not WISE to understand what life is all about .. life is a journey best taken with a "soul mate" and not with fat old but rich and home owner with stable job.

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

noddy wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

Quite.

Own a car.

A good summary.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:

Very well said. Same here in the US. My wife and I first noticed this about 30-35 years ago, which, based on our observations, is roughly when parents started raising special snowflakes rather than grooming their children to become adults.

Works both ways, not only does the yute who was told they are a superstar since birth expect all people to view them as such till the day they die, so do the parents.
noddy

Post by noddy »

if azari thinks anglos and jews suffer from ruthless, shallow behaviours in an attempt to get more money and power, and will do anything to maintain perceptions he aint met certain demographics of chinese :)

some of those folks have turned that lavender into a religion, white yuppy floggers are pure amateurs in comparison.
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Eq6ABpkJjGo

The amusing thing is that having spent a fair bit of time in China, I can say that she is spot on in that the air quality is appalling.

Back in Japan, I spent three days coughing until my lungs cleaned out.

Add: Apparently her speech, stating the obvious, created a furor of outrage amongst "patriotic" mainland Chinese online.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

FT | The dark side of China’s national renewal
The race-based ideas of the country’s leaders have unwelcome historical echoes
The most interesting thing about Zhonghua minzu is that it very deliberately and specifically incorporates anyone with Chinese blood anywhere in the world, no matter how long ago their ancestors left the Chinese mainland.

“The Chinese race is a big family and feelings of love for the motherland, passion for the homeland, are infused in the blood of every single person with Chinese ancestry,” asserted Chinese premier Li Keqiang in a recent speech.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

noddy

Post by noddy »

ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Persecution of yellow and orange people continue to this day.......
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Simple Minded wrote:
The Chinese censors mistook Obama for Tigger Woods.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:
The Chinese censors mistook Obama for Tigger Woods.
I wonder if I'm the only white redneck who thought that was a picture of Dennis Rodman and Kim Jong Un..... :?
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

noddy wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

Quite.

Own a car.

Quite.

Helicopter parenting is not unique to N America.

NY Times | China’s ‘Giant Infants’

The NY Times is a bit late to the pity party.
Chinese people have “giant infant” syndrome, says Wu Zhihong, a psychiatrist and author of a best-selling book called “A Country of Giant Infants” who lists symptoms that call to mind a grown-up “little emperor.” In Mr. Wu’s view, social problems from littering in public places to codependency in romantic relationships have their roots in China’s family-centered culture and its new levels of oppression that stunt individual psychological growth.

His analysis struck a chord with Chinese millennials. Their enthusiastic responses alarmed state censors and got the book banned early this year, apparently for its damning portrayal of what it calls the Chinese “national character.”

Mr. Wu’s attack on the family resonated for good reasons. Despite having been the bedrock of Chinese culture for millenniums, family values have changed in the past 30 years, as the country has become wealthier and more capitalist. The focus is now less on the young’s respect for their elders than on parents’ unrelenting devotion to their offspring. Urban Chinese parents are involved in their children’s lives in ways that would make “tiger mothers” from earlier times gasp.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:
Quite.

Helicopter parenting is not unique to N America.

NY Times | China’s ‘Giant Infants’

The NY Times is a bit late to the pity party.
Chinese people have “giant infant” syndrome, says Wu Zhihong, a psychiatrist and author of a best-selling book called “A Country of Giant Infants” who lists symptoms that call to mind a grown-up “little emperor.” In Mr. Wu’s view, social problems from littering in public places to codependency in romantic relationships have their roots in China’s family-centered culture and its new levels of oppression that stunt individual psychological growth.

His analysis struck a chord with Chinese millennials. Their enthusiastic responses alarmed state censors and got the book banned early this year, apparently for its damning portrayal of what it calls the Chinese “national character.”

Mr. Wu’s attack on the family resonated for good reasons. Despite having been the bedrock of Chinese culture for millenniums, family values have changed in the past 30 years, as the country has become wealthier and more capitalist. The focus is now less on the young’s respect for their elders than on parents’ unrelenting devotion to their offspring. Urban Chinese parents are involved in their children’s lives in ways that would make “tiger mothers” from earlier times gasp.
excellent testimony to the universality of human nature. IIRC, one social critic speculated that 100 years ago, when parents expected to lose 1/3 of their offspring before adulthood due to childhood disease, they were much less attached to their children.

fascinating to see how dependent so many of the late 20s/early 30 something still are upon their aging parents for financial and emotional support.
Heracleum Persicum

post-American world order

All Quiet on the Middle Eastern Front

Beijing is pursuing a “post-American world order,” the political-economic effects and geopolitical consequences of which will affect the Middle East (which China is preparing benignly to dominate). China just inaugurated a new military base in Djibouti, a few miles from the US’s only base in Africa.

China issued a joint declaration, with Russia, that the world is irrevocably evolving “into a multipolar international system.” Its 68-country, $150 billion ”Belt and Road” initiative, intended to link the Far East to the West via the Middle East, will stand in direct competition with the existing transatlantic trade route.

Typhoon

Spengler rediscovers China

Post by Typhoon »

ATimes - Spenglerman | Western contempt for China turns to panic
Economic boom continues with electronics industry domination and infrastructure growth through trillion-dollar Belt and Road Initiative.
As the New York Times reported Aug. 4, 2017:

To gain access to the Chinese market, American companies are being forced to transfer technology, create joint ventures, lower prices and aid homegrown players. Those efforts form the backbone of President Xi Jinping’s ambitious plan to ensure that China’s companies, military and government dominate core areas of technology like artificial intelligence and semiconductors…The worry is that by teaming up with China, American companies could be sowing the seeds of their own destruction, as well as handing over critical technology that the United States relies on for its military, space and defense programs.

Advanced Micro Devices and Hewlett Packard Enterprise are working with Chinese companies to develop server chips, creating rivals to their own product. Intel is working with the Chinese to build high-end mobile chips, in competition with Qualcomm. IBM has agreed to transfer valuable technology that could enable China to break into the lucrative mainframe banking business.
America produced every important invention in the digital age, from integrated circuits to semiconductor lasers, solar cells, flat panel displays, sensors and light-emitting diodes. Except for integrate circuits, Asia now produces virtually all the world’s output of these building-blocks of the electronics industry, and China has a crash program underway to become the world’s major producer of semiconductors.
If China manages to defy economic history and avoid a bubble economy burst before it achieves it's goals,
then the West, S Korea, and Japan will have a big problem on their hands.
Suddenly, from the South China Sea to the Bosporus, the United States cannot move without brushing up against Chinese influence, if not outright Chinese power. It’s not quite the same as Yamashita’s march across the Malaysian jungle. But if anything, the fecklessness, complacency and incompetence of America’s leaders exceeds the fabled stupidity of the British at Singapore.
Heracleum Persicum

Re: Spengler rediscovers China

Typhoon wrote:.

ATimes - Spengler | Western contempt for China turns to panic
Economic boom continues with electronics industry domination and infrastructure growth through trillion-dollar Belt and Road Initiative.
As the New York Times reported Aug. 4, 2017:

To gain access to the Chinese market, American companies are being forced to transfer technology, create joint ventures, lower prices and aid homegrown players. Those efforts form the backbone of President Xi Jinping’s ambitious plan to ensure that China’s companies, military and government dominate core areas of technology like artificial intelligence and semiconductors…The worry is that by teaming up with China, American companies could be sowing the seeds of their own destruction, as well as handing over critical technology that the United States relies on for its military, space and defense programs.

Advanced Micro Devices and Hewlett Packard Enterprise are working with Chinese companies to develop server chips, creating rivals to their own product. Intel is working with the Chinese to build high-end mobile chips, in competition with Qualcomm. IBM has agreed to transfer valuable technology that could enable China to break into the lucrative mainframe banking business.
America produced every important invention in the digital age, from integrated circuits to semiconductor lasers, solar cells, flat panel displays, sensors and light-emitting diodes. Except for integrate circuits, Asia now produces virtually all the world’s output of these building-blocks of the electronics industry, and China has a crash program underway to become the world’s major producer of semiconductors.
If China manages to defy economic history and avoid a bubble economy burst before it achieves it's goals,
then the West, S Korea, and Japan will have a big problem on their hands.
Suddenly, from the South China Sea to the Bosporus, the United States cannot move without brushing up against Chinese influence, if not outright Chinese power. It’s not quite the same as Yamashita’s march across the Malaysian jungle. But if anything, the fecklessness, complacency and incompetence of America’s leaders exceeds the fabled stupidity of the British at Singapore.

Sun setting on West, Japan .. Korea soon will be united and move under China wing

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

MRN wrote: Americans are like Dante's runners in hell, chasing the banner of their party affiliation and ideology - Hillary and Trump are nothing more that that. This unholy contest consumes the entire consciousness of Americans and nothing is left for serious matters of state........

LikeShow more reactions · Reply · 1 · 51 mins-475.png
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Heracleum Persicum

Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Sun setting on West, Japan .. Korea soon will be united and move under China wing .
so...... I assume if you really believe this, your house is up for sale and you are planning on moving out of the West? ;)
Heracleum Persicum

Simple Minded wrote:.
Sun setting on West, Japan .. Korea soon will be united and move under China wing .
so...... I assume if you really believe this, your house is up for sale and you are planning on moving out of the West? ;)

You not done yet :lol:

and

Don't mix business with pleasure :D

YMix

Post by YMix »

Spengman sounds like Pepe Escobar.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Simple Minded wrote:.

.[/quote

You not done yet :lol:

and

Don't mix business with pleasure :D

I suspect you are not done yet either.... :D No money involved, It's all pleasure with me. ;)

there's your ametaur doomer porners, and there's your professional preppers/prophets. I suspect you are one of the former. ;)
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

YMix wrote:
Spengman sounds like Pepe Escobar.
Quite.