Post US election observations

Typhoon

Re: Post US election observations

Post by Typhoon »

Very good.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

The intolerant regressed left snowflake youth homegrown by clueless university professors and staff

vKaVvzXv5xE

eCVYWyrEDYo

3UjFEw13cO4
Deep down I'm very superficial
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

They are saying that liberalism is a mental disorder, hard to disagree.
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Parodite wrote: You should always fear the Democrats Mr.P. They will not be at the helm for some years but they are still among you.

Trump won for only one reason: a seriously unpopular crooked Hillary Clinton who underperformed and miscalculated everything. He won despite himself. The Clinton machine is over but don't confuse them with "the Democrats".

Trump represents a movement towards pragmatism and center politics; his policies and philosophies are more leftwing than the misguided neo-Liberalism of Obama and the Clintonians.

I love to see Trump restoring classical liberal values wearing the GOP as a coat. Once the regressive cultural left comes to terms with this fact (which I hold as a faint but real possibility) they will thank him with hindsight.
I would say no. Hillary lost but Trump also won, as Trump went out and earned the vote in the blue states that put him over the top.

The Democrat reaction is a typical do over mentality, now that the contest is over and we can see what worked they say they have a good counter for it. Lol, life doesn't work that. We'll see you again in 2 years and beat you again.

No, incumbents win 90% of the time. With our swollen majorities there is no path to victory for them through attrition. When you see major switches in majority its always because of overreach, economic collapse or foreign policy disaster.

None of those are on the docket with Trump. As such, a minority as small as the Democrats is running against time, because you can't stay alive long when you are that small. The money dries up.

I think Democrats will remain a functioning party in 3-5 states, but they will dissolve the national corporation by 2020 or 2022. Can't come fast enough.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/05/opini ... .html?_r=0

Bush loyalist or The Empire Strikes Back or person of conscious?

Kasich instead of Pence? Is Jill Stein pulling this guy's strings also?

Mr. Perfect did say that after winning power, Republicans tend to shoot themselves in the foot.

If Trump winning the primary was a giant F**k You! to the republican party as some talking heads have stated, perhaps this is them returning the sentiment.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Parodite wrote: You should always fear the Democrats Mr.P. They will not be at the helm for some years but they are still among you.

Trump won for only one reason: a seriously unpopular crooked Hillary Clinton who underperformed and miscalculated everything. He won despite himself. The Clinton machine is over but don't confuse them with "the Democrats".

Trump represents a movement towards pragmatism and center politics; his policies and philosophies are more leftwing than the misguided neo-Liberalism of Obama and the Clintonians.

I love to see Trump restoring classical liberal values wearing the GOP as a coat. Once the regressive cultural left comes to terms with this fact (which I hold as a faint but real possibility) they will thank him with hindsight.
I would say no. Hillary lost but Trump also won, as Trump went out and earned the vote in the blue states that put him over the top.

The Democrat reaction is a typical do over mentality, now that the contest is over and we can see what worked they say they have a good counter for it. Lol, life doesn't work that. We'll see you again in 2 years and beat you again.

No, incumbents win 90% of the time. With our swollen majorities there is no path to victory for them through attrition. When you see major switches in majority its always because of overreach, economic collapse or foreign policy disaster.

None of those are on the docket with Trump. As such, a minority as small as the Democrats is running against time, because you can't stay alive long when you are that small. The money dries up.

I think Democrats will remain a functioning party in 3-5 states, but they will dissolve the national corporation by 2020 or 2022. Can't come fast enough.
Have you ever noticed that confidence in government institutions falls when democrats are in power?
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

http://ntknetwork.com/disgruntled-democ ... the-union/

Amen. But not state by state, but zip code by zip code. Any zip code in which 75+% of the eligible voters, and in which at least 75% of the voters vote to leave the US can do so.

It would be fascinating to see the results, and who chooses to actually secede. Then to watch the elitist zip codes start building walls to keep out the rif-raf.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Long time members will remember when I predicted that parts of CA would indeed leave the Union. We might lose parts of NM also, but that will be the end of it.

With Southern CA gone, there no electoral votes or House Seats to evern win power for them ever again.

I will miss Southern CA. 1960's California was one of our Paradise periods. Sadly it was never to come back.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Mr. Perfect wrote:I would say no. Hillary lost but Trump also won, as Trump went out and earned the vote in the blue states that put him over the top.
Trump scored for various and good reasons, but also shot himself in the foot regularly by acting thin skinned, using vulgar language behaving like a bully putting off many people across the republican spectrum. Trump was a zero sum game most likely. Remains the reason he won: crooked disconnected daydreaming Hillary, Wikileaks and Project Veritas exposing the deplorable behaviors of the DNC and the Clinton campaign team.
The good news seems to be that the Democrats, lame stream media and leftist cry baby culture are so delusional and blind to the straws in their own eyes, unable to critically self-reflect.. that indeed it will take a while (maybe forever) for them to return to the land of the sane.

The Republican party however is also suffering an identity crisis and needs to redefine what they are going to stand for. The coming Trump era may be a break with the past and open up new possibilities for a sane libertarian-conservative culture and politics in the future.

Young conservative Millennials are standing up, starting to win the culture war against the militant intolerant commi-esque leftist establishment and race-baiting social warrior youth. I'm a big fan of Ben Shapiro and Milo.. these two torpedoes doing a lot of the groundwork to make it happen.

If this libertarian-conservative Millennial youth, spearheaded by Ben Shapiro and Milo, grows and connects with the kosher people of the older Republican generation like Rand Paul and John Kasich.. things will start looking better. If the Democrats and leftists have not sobered up by then culturally and politically.. a long Republican reign is inevitable. In Europe a similar evolution is happening.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Ben Shapiro has been going around calling Trump an anti-semite and was one of the leading #NeverTrumpers and Milo, to me, shows all the signs of a huckster on the make. Out of the two, I'd probably trust Milo more because....

Ben Shapiro was the guy promoting the phony Michelle Fields hoax, and then went to war [his word, not mine] with Breitbart when they didn't back him up on it. And he is very much beholden to his financial connection with the Wilks Brothers who were pro-Cruz guys.

At least with Milo you can appreciate the hustle...
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:Ben Shapiro has been going around calling Trump an anti-semite and was one of the leading #NeverTrumpers
Everybody has been calling everybody names.. Trump himself being the Champ in that regard! Many Jews easily see anti-semitism where it really isn't or isn't really. What a little trauma can do...
and Milo, to me, shows all the signs of a huckster on the make. Out of the two, I'd probably trust Milo more because....

Ben Shapiro was the guy promoting the phony Michelle Fields hoax, and then went to war [his word, not mine] with Breitbart when they didn't back him up on it. And he is very much beholden to his financial connection with the Wilks Brothers who were pro-Cruz guys.

At least with Milo you can appreciate the hustle...
Didn't know of the Michelle Fields Hoax.. and his role. Did he create the hoax or believed the hoax and then supported it unknowingly of that fact? Etc. Maybe there was more to the story, other reasons he left Breitbart? Sometimes people don't get along.. step on toes, hurt egos etc.

Did a quick search on the Wilks Bros. Ok... right-wing Christian billionaires donating to ultra-conservative Christian groups and causes. I don't care about peoples values and behaviors, how they organize their church/community lives for as long as they don't interfere with things in my life that I consider none of their business. The Wilks can promote and donate as much as they want to churches where women are not allowed a/b/c. Women who don't like it should have married another guy or become member of a more liberal church. The Wilks however also oppose gay marriage, which is an example of interfering with things that are none of their business.

Ben Shapiro however agrees with me that who marries who is nobody's business and that the state should stay out of marriage. Good. He is however also of the opinion that a state official should not be forced to marry a gay couple if they don't want to. I agree as well.

Shapiro, contrary to the Wilks Bros.. is libertarian on these matters. Culturally and socially he has conservative values but he considers those as private. On abortion he is principled and against it and that is ok with me, but given the nature of abortion a simple for/against is never a sufficient answer.

Just sayin.. the values and political stances of Wils and Shapiro clearly don't fully overlap, I guess Shapiro is happy with the money offered and accepted it with a smile.

Milo I agree is great. Already the fact to see young republicans cheering for a theatrical fag... is progress. Aside his showmanship and the gay confetti he sprays around.. his true battle is against political correctness, identity politics and the threat of political Islam. His show and style is just a medium and bait to get the message out and stick to young peoples minds and emotions. Boring academic articles and research... who still reads them.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Parodite wrote:
Everybody has been calling everybody names.. Trump himself being the Champ in that regard! Many Jews easily see anti-semitism where it really isn't or isn't really. What a little trauma can do...

Before I walked away to take care of some business, I was about to write "As long as I'm going to bad-mouth people I've never met.... :)" you are right that there is a lot of name calling going on.
NapLajoieonSteroids

As long as I'm going to bad mouth people :) ....

I've read and have listened to enough of Milo to get the sense that he really holds an animosity towards women. Some of the shots he takes are gratuitous even for a shock-performer.

I'm sure he's moved onto other targets now but what put him on the map was his attacks against feminism- which is very popular and what he audience wants- but I think it misses the mark.

Modern feminism can be an annoyance but it is a symptom of the problem and not the problem itself. That's what makes it so easy (and popular) to attack. At the end of the day though, I've yet to meet a feminist who will not run into a punch. It's what they do best, it's like they determine that the best way to show how serious they are is to demonstrate it by falling on a sword.

Our former poster lzzrdgrrl said it best when she diagnosed feminism, to paraphrase, as harboring a fatal flaw by trying to shove the whole project into a Marxist framework and that unless it rediscovers its roots in the Protestant Social Gospel project, it's going to continue to destroy itself...

[...I googled every which way for the exact quote- maybe lzzrdgrrl will come out of hiding and correct the record on this one]
NapLajoieonSteroids

Parodite wrote:Didn't know of the Michelle Fields Hoax.. and his role. Did he create the hoax or believed the hoax and then supported it unknowingly of that fact? Etc. Maybe there was more to the story, other reasons he left Breitbart? Sometimes people don't get along.. step on toes, hurt egos etc.

He had an acrimonious relation before he left, if Charles C Johnson is telling the truth. On this I'm with Johnson, though YMMV.

I also think Johnson is correct when he says it was an opportunity to push a narrative for the candidate of the men who finance him. If you look into Michelle Fields, she has a long history of making specious accusations of men that never pan out. Now there is the possibility she really has been abused and no one will listen to her but; in this case, her proof of the incident [thumb sized bruises on her forearms, close to her wrists] didn't even match up to the video of someone touching her around her shoulder area....I find it hard to believe a trained lawyer wouldn't pick up on that discrepancy.

Milo I agree is great. Already the fact to see young republicans cheering for a theatrical fag... is progress.
You say that as if Liberace never existed and Elton John never went anywhere with his career...
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:As long as I'm going to bad mouth people :) ....

I've read and have listened to enough of Milo to get the sense that he really holds an animosity towards women. Some of the shots he takes are gratuitous even for a shock-performer.

I'm sure he's moved onto other targets now but what put him on the map was his attacks against feminism- which is very popular and what he audience wants- but I think it misses the mark.

Modern feminism can be an annoyance but it is a symptom of the problem and not the problem itself. That's what makes it so easy (and popular) to attack. At the end of the day though, I've yet to meet a feminist who will not run into a punch. It's what they do best, it's like they determine that the best way to show how serious they are is to demonstrate it by falling on a sword.

Our former poster lzzrdgrrl said it best when she diagnosed feminism, to paraphrase, as harboring a fatal flaw by trying to shove the whole project into a Marxist framework and that unless it rediscovers its roots in the Protestant Social Gospel project, it's going to continue to destroy itself...

[...I googled every which way for the exact quote- maybe lzzrdgrrl will come out of hiding and correct the record on this one]
Could be that he has "an issue" with women, maybe we need Dr Phil for that. His criticism concerns the "third generation" (or some such) type of contemporary feminism that he considers whining, male hating, not helping girls and women at all forcing them into a role of victim-hood seeing imaginary males that want to do them harm. He supports equal rights for men and women, which by and large exists now and acknowledges that 1st and 2nd (?) generation feminism had actual value and reason to be. I largely agree with his assessments.

As for Shapiro vs Johnson... I'm not sure. But you could be right.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Simple Minded wrote: Mr. Perfect did say that after winning power, Republicans tend to shoot themselves in the foot.
Lol that doesn't sound like me, sounds more like you.

GOP has plenty of success on the record.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Parodite wrote: Trump scored for various and good reasons, but also shot himself in the foot regularly by acting thin skinned, using vulgar language behaving like a bully putting off many people across the republican spectrum. Trump was a zero sum game most likely. Remains the reason he won: crooked disconnected daydreaming Hillary, Wikileaks and Project Veritas exposing the deplorable behaviors of the DNC and the Clinton campaign team.
Yes and no. If media had called it down the middle Trump would have won 55-45. Gop has to beat Democrats and media, Trump had it twice as bad as usual and then add in Nevertrump. He beat Soros, both obamas, both Clintons, all the networks including Fox, every celebrity and people in his own party.

I can't think of many precedents.
The good news seems to be that the Democrats, lame stream media and leftist cry baby culture are so delusional and blind to the straws in their own eyes, unable to critically self-reflect.. that indeed it will take a while (maybe forever) for them to return to the land of the sane.

The Republican party however is also suffering an identity crisis and needs to redefine what they are going to stand for. The coming Trump era may be a break with the past and open up new possibilities for a sane libertarian-conservative culture and politics in the future.
Not really. As I have said before, there have always been 3 wings to the party, not 2 as ymix tried to sell. Reaganism, Buchananism, and Bush RINOism. Bush Rinos have been running the party since 1988, feeding from the Reagan trough. Buchanan/Perot/Trump have literally never had a shot at it but have been sitting in the wings for generations.

The way forward will be Reaganites and Trumpists sharing power amicably while the out of power Rinos carry our bags around.
Young conservative Millennials are standing up, starting to win the culture war against the militant intolerant commi-esque leftist establishment and race-baiting social warrior youth. I'm a big fan of Ben Shapiro and Milo.. these two torpedoes doing a lot of the groundwork to make it happen.
Ben Shapiro is dead in the crib. He blew up his career this election. I can say that I know Ben Shapiro personally, I can also say that he is a conniving weasel in it for no one but himself. He would walk on his mother's grave to get another page view. He talks a great game unfortunately his abstract philosophy ran afoul of concrete realities and his calculating betrayals this year killed any career opportunity he had. He was among the most aggressive nevertrumpers but wouldn't even cop to it. He is a snake through and through. A tragic waste of ability.

Milo is an updated version of Ann Coulter, guilty pleasure but at times not helpful. I think he'll keep doing his routine till he is eligible for Social Security, if it is still there.
If this libertarian-conservative Millennial youth, spearheaded by Ben Shapiro and Milo, grows and connects with the kosher people of the older Republican generation like Rand Paul and John Kasich.. things will start looking better. If the Democrats and leftists have not sobered up by then culturally and politically.. a long Republican reign is inevitable. In Europe a similar evolution is happening.
With or without these 2 the conservative movement is healthy and growing. We have returned to the long term Reagan arc. I will get most of my political dreams by the end of Trump's 2nd term. Couple of land mines out there, but they are beyond human control.
Last edited by Mr. Perfect on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:
Parodite wrote:Didn't know of the Michelle Fields Hoax.. and his role. Did he create the hoax or believed the hoax and then supported it unknowingly of that fact? Etc. Maybe there was more to the story, other reasons he left Breitbart? Sometimes people don't get along.. step on toes, hurt egos etc.

He had an acrimonious relation before he left, if Charles C Johnson is telling the truth. On this I'm with Johnson, though YMMV.

I also think Johnson is correct when he says it was an opportunity to push a narrative for the candidate of the men who finance him. If you look into Michelle Fields, she has a long history of making specious accusations of men that never pan out. Now there is the possibility she really has been abused and no one will listen to her but; in this case, her proof of the incident [thumb sized bruises on her forearms, close to her wrists] didn't even match up to the video of someone touching her around her shoulder area....I find it hard to believe a trained lawyer wouldn't pick up on that discrepancy.

Milo I agree is great. Already the fact to see young republicans cheering for a theatrical fag... is progress.
You say that as if Liberace never existed and Elton John never went anywhere with his career...
Ben opportunistically jumped on an anti Trump story and painted himself in a corner, stupidly, and couldn't admit that he was wrong. It was a simple stupid mistake that cost him a career.

That really is the story of nevertrump, people who stupidly painted themselves in a corner. In a primary you have to leave room to support the eventual nominee and these people were too stupid to realize it. Just darwinian herd thinning going on.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Simple Minded wrote: Mr. Perfect did say that after winning power, Republicans tend to shoot themselves in the foot.
Lol that doesn't sound like me, sounds more like you.

GOP has plenty of success on the record.
LOL you might want to eat more fish Mr. P.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Apollonius

Post by Apollonius »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Long time members will remember when I predicted that parts of CA would indeed leave the Union. We might lose parts of NM also, but that will be the end of it.

I thought the issue of whether states were allowed to secede from the Union was settled by the Civil War.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Mr. Perfect wrote:

Ben opportunistically jumped on an anti Trump story and painted himself in a corner, stupidly, and couldn't admit that he was wrong. It was a simple stupid mistake that cost him a career.

That really is the story of nevertrump, people who stupidly painted themselves in a corner. In a primary you have to leave room to support the eventual nominee and these people were too stupid to realize it. Just darwinian herd thinning going on.
They were sure Trump wasn't going to win. They were sure he was going to drop out by last April. They were evolving into Davos Man, while their base (and much of the democrat's base) were holding on to their guns and religion and ignoring the FNMSM.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Post by Doc »

Doc wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:

They were sure Trump wasn't going to win. They were sure he was going to drop out by last April. They were evolving into Davos Man, while their base (and much of the democrat's base) were holding on to their guns and religion and ignoring the FNMSM.
Shapiro may have sabotaged his career but Tucker Carlson is is finally making his

8NttnM6oOv4
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Shapiro may be destroying his career, being a mouth piece for his sponsors and other speculative character traits, it doesn't matter to me. I like how he engages universities where he gives speeches and triggers trigger warnings. A lot what he says makes very good sense IMO. His argument against socialism is good.. but not waterproof and another discussion.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Doc wrote: They were sure Trump wasn't going to win. They were sure he was going to drop out by last April. They were evolving into Davos Man, while their base (and much of the democrat's base) were holding on to their guns and religion and ignoring the FNMSM.
Yes.