A boil that needs lancing . . . Weinstein et al.

Doc

Re: A boil that needs lancing . . . Weinstein et al.

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:
Nonc Hilaire wrote:These days it seems US folks will do anything to avoid an intelligent, nuanced discussion of anything important. Esp. about sex.
Why is this the situation today?

Today is the anniversary of the Gettysburg address.
http://www.abrahamlincolnonline.org/lin ... ysburg.htm
"A new birth of freedom"

"Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
Last edited by Doc on Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
YMix

Post by YMix »

Typhoon wrote:Looks like some state senates will be in need of same.

Cleveland Metro | "Pro-Family", Anti-LGBT Ohio legislator Wes Goodman led secret gay life, made unwelcome advances to younger men.

The more vocal the homophobe, the deeper the closet.

Roy Cohn, Joseph McCarthy's sniffer poodle comes to mind.
It gets better:
So, Tony Perkins, the most powerful religious right figure in Washington, helped hide from other conservatives, as well as the public, that junior Republican politician Wesley Goodman, despite his façade as a Bible-believing family man, was an adulterous gay groper. Why?

Perkins owes a lot of people an explanation. Are there any other elected Republican officials he and other top conservatives who knew but concealed the truth about Goodman, are covering up for?

Are there more grassroots conservative activists like Thomas Zawistowski who are going to have to learn from newspapers about the betrayal of their trust, because the conservative Washington elite looks out for its own first? What about Republican voters?
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/ ... y-perkins/
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

What do you have against gay people.
Censorship isn't necessary
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:What do you have against gay people.
If you're going to attempt to misdirect, suggest trying a less obvious approach.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

AP | Second accusation against Frankengrope

Time to add chikan to Amerenglish slang?
Doc

Post by Doc »

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/11 ... arassment/
“Nudity, Groping and Lewd Calls”: Eight Women Accuse Charlie Rose of Sexual Harassment
November 20, 2017 by Joshua Caplan 102 Comments
CBS has suspended him with PAID leave.

Sen Menendez still in Senate
Al Franken Still in Senate
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
noddy

Post by noddy »

ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

noddy wrote:the list is getting longer.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... &smtyp=cur
-cJmpwkUx4s
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Hmmmm .. Charley really did not look like it, would have not dreamed

Look, this "structural", CULTURAL .. was part of American culture and accepted (as Trump correctly said, if you have money you pretty much can f*ck any girl within 10 miles radius, Donald said this openly) , the girls knew this the danger when you working for a rich man (how do you think most girls marry rich old man ? ? parents setup "arranged" marriage ? .. called bed-hopping)

But, I don't think this about sex .. the best of the best, 6****** (six Star) professional, drop dead, will cost max 5 grand (make it 10 grand) .. "10 grand" is not even a footnote in Winstein's fun budget .. so, why these rich people must lick their assistant/secretary or a aspiring artist ? ?

Reason is, this not about "likin", this about getting satisfaction from their power over the victim.

Saw a documentary about those who climb through the window and rape sleeping victims .. this not about sex, this about power over those victims.

Meaning, any man who uses his power (financial or physical or political or professional) for "non-consenting" sexual advance towards a female, is not a man but a POS.

As I remember, Monica was herself looking for and consented for that BJ with Bill, not so all those Donald says grabbed on the pussy.

Last edited by Heracleum Persicum on Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
noddy

Post by noddy »

the only thing "american" about this is the fact its being dealt with and discussed in public, rather than hidden away for maintaining face.

the arab world, africa, much of asia, india, this stuff is considered normal.
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

noddy wrote:.

. . the arab world, africa, much of asia, india, this stuff is considered normal.

In America this normal too

Look, how come, so many secretary marry their (mostly married) bosses ? Most doctors marry the nurse .. A doctor friend said majority of those factory pharmaceutical reps visiting doctors (to introduce medication) end up marrying (already married) doctors they visit (poor wife endures the lean times guy still in medical school, later on, when he making money, out the window goes the wife, and, hello 20 yrs younger pharma rep fly to belated honeymoon).

How can the boss marry secretary if he not already in bed with her for some time (don't forget, the boss choses the secretary to hire) .. if things don't end as planned, that could mean sexually harassement.

Arab ? ? :lol: :lol: .. come on noddy, there nobody asks woman anything (in a land where you can divorce your wife by sending her an SMS), India much worst.

Last edited by Heracleum Persicum on Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Charlie Rose lecturing Mike Pence on character

mjGN7orhc8c
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

noddy wrote:the only thing "american" about this is the fact its being dealt with and discussed in public, rather than hidden away for maintaining face.

the arab world, africa, much of asia, india, this stuff is considered normal.
Quite.

Sunlight is the best disinfectant.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:
noddy wrote:.

. . the arab world, africa, much of asia, india, this stuff is considered normal.

In America this normal too

Look, how come, so many secretary marry their (mostly married) bosses ? Most doctors marry the nurse .. A doctor friend said majority of those factory pharmaceutical reps visiting doctors (to introduce medication) end up marrying (already married) doctors they visit (poor wife endures the lean times guy still in medical school, later on, when he making money, out the window goes the wife, and, hello 20 yrs younger pharma rep fly to belated honeymoon).

How can the boss marry secretary if he not already in bed with her for some time (don't forget, the boss choses the secretary to hire) .. if things don't end as planned, that could mean sexually harassement.

Arab ? ? :lol: :lol: .. come on noddy, there nobody asks woman anything (in a land where you can divorce your wife by sending her an SMS), India much worst.

hey, you said it was something todo with american culture, i said its in all cultures.

your examples dont make sense to me - their is a huge difference between using power to attract gold diggers versus abusing power to get away with raping young women and men.

the first is normal and natural even if its a bit seedy.

its good america is showing the second group some sunlight - those bastards deserve to suffer, hopefully more countries have this happen.`
ultracrepidarian
Doc

Post by Doc »

John Conyers and designer coverups.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/paulmcleod/she ... rassed-her
Michigan Rep. John Conyers, a Democrat and the longest-serving member of the House of Representatives, settled a wrongful dismissal complaint in 2015 with a former employee who alleged she was fired because she would not “succumb to [his] sexual advances.”

Documents from the complaint obtained by BuzzFeed News include four signed affidavits, three of which are notarized, from former staff members who allege that Conyers, the ranking Democrat on the powerful House Judiciary Committee, repeatedly made sexual advances to female staff that included requests for sexual favors, contacting and transporting other women with whom they believed Conyers was having affairs, caressing their hands sexually, and rubbing their legs and backs in public. Four people involved with the case verified the documents are authentic.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc wrote:http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/11 ... arassment/
“Nudity, Groping and Lewd Calls”: Eight Women Accuse Charlie Rose of Sexual Harassment
One hopes that despite the tornado of allegations and accusations moving across the land,
some shred of the presumption of innocence until shown otherwise will survive.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:
One hopes that despite the tornado of allegations and accusations moving across the land,
It seems innocent politician is a contradiction in terms. The only presumption we are going to get is presumption that they will still be in office after all is said and done, because they are to big to bail on their office.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Doc wrote:John Conyers and designer coverups.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/paulmcleod/she ... rassed-her
Michigan Rep. John Conyers, a Democrat and the longest-serving member of the House of Representatives, settled a wrongful dismissal complaint in 2015 with a former employee who alleged she was fired because she would not “succumb to [his] sexual advances.”

Documents from the complaint obtained by BuzzFeed News include four signed affidavits, three of which are notarized, from former staff members who allege that Conyers, the ranking Democrat on the powerful House Judiciary Committee, repeatedly made sexual advances to female staff that included requests for sexual favors, contacting and transporting other women with whom they believed Conyers was having affairs, caressing their hands sexually, and rubbing their legs and backs in public. Four people involved with the case verified the documents are authentic.
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/maxin ... le/2641351
Maxine Waters to women: John Conyers 'has impeccable integrity on our issues'
by Paul Bedard | Nov 21, 2017, 9:14 AM

Rep. John Conyers, newly facing sexual misconduct charges from former aides, was praised by fellow Rep. Maxine Waters just last month as a champion of women.

During an address to organizers of the national Women’s March in which she lashed out at “rape culture” and President Trump, she singled out the Michigan lawmaker for special attention.

“You know, there is a member of Congress who has been supportive of women for many, many, many years,” said said in a keynote address to the Women's Convention Sojourner Truth Luncheon in Detroit.

“He is quiet, he is confident, he is powerful, but he has impeccable integrity on all of our issues. Give John Conyers a big round of applause.” C-SPAN captured her comments and those of others who spoke at the event.

In her address she rallied women. “We are reclaiming our time,” said the outspoken Trump critic.

“We’re speaking to women who are single mothers, women who work two and three jobs making minimum wage or less, women who have been exploited, harassed, or taken advantage of in their personal and professional lives,” said Waters, adding:

“I just want to take time to focus on something that I think we need to focus on right now. It is very fortuitous that we are gathered here this afternoon in Detroit as we continue to recognize a record number of women who are boldly coming forward to reveal disturbing and grotesque acts of sexual harassment, assault and rape, often times at the hands of men who believed they were too rich and too powerful to ever be confronted or held accountable.”
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
It seems innocent politician is a contradiction in terms. The only presumption we are going to get is presumption that they will still be in office after all is said and done, because they are to big to bail on their office.
At the end of the day, politicians are voted in or out of office by the electorate.
Democracy is the theory that the . . . people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.

~ H. L. Mencken
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:
Doc wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
At the end of the day, politicians are voted in or out of office by the electorate.
Democracy is the theory that the . . . people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.

~ H. L. Mencken
Bill Clinton's sexcapades were well known but the MSM covered them up enough that his popularity remained high until he was passed his use by date and they turned against him.
YMix

Post by YMix »

http://www.tmz.com/2017/11/22/texas-con ... g-twitter/
Barton, a Republican, sent the nude photo showing his penis. The Twitter user censored the image, and also revealed a sext that reads, "I want u soo bad. Right now."
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
YMix

Post by YMix »

From Peggy Noonan's latest column, before the paywall goes up:
There is another reason Republican and conservative women should rise up. It has to do with the victims Moore chose. Who were the girls he targeted? Interestingly, this tribune of the common folk and their earnest, believing ways allegedly preyed mostly on the unprotected. He chose young women he could push around. Some came to him at his law office, bringing with them all the problems of broken America—child-custody fights, violent divorces, bounced checks. They worked at Red Lobster, at a mill, on the night shift at Sears.

[...]

Tina Johnson “was 28 years old, in a difficult marriage headed toward divorce, and unemployed,” AL.com reported of the latest accuser, Wednesday. “She was at the office to sign over custody of her 12-year-old son to her mother.” As they left the office, she said, Mr. Moore molested her. She told no one, not even her mother.

[...]

Often the victims had had brushes with the law. Predators can smell that: It means no one will believe them if they talk. Roy Moore targeted the deplorables. They were people with no sway, no pull. Some of them, in the presidential election, voted for Donald Trump. There are better conservatives in Alabama than Roy Moore. Republican women, rise up and raise hell. That would be real loyalty, and to those who are really your own.
Doc

Post by Doc »

YMix wrote:From Peggy Noonan's latest column, before the paywall goes up:
There is another reason Republican and conservative women should rise up. It has to do with the victims Moore chose. Who were the girls he targeted? Interestingly, this tribune of the common folk and their earnest, believing ways allegedly preyed mostly on the unprotected. He chose young women he could push around. Some came to him at his law office, bringing with them all the problems of broken America—child-custody fights, violent divorces, bounced checks. They worked at Red Lobster, at a mill, on the night shift at Sears.

[...]

Tina Johnson “was 28 years old, in a difficult marriage headed toward divorce, and unemployed,” AL.com reported of the latest accuser, Wednesday. “She was at the office to sign over custody of her 12-year-old son to her mother.” As they left the office, she said, Mr. Moore molested her. She told no one, not even her mother.

[...]

Often the victims had had brushes with the law. Predators can smell that: It means no one will believe them if they talk. Roy Moore targeted the deplorables. They were people with no sway, no pull. Some of them, in the presidential election, voted for Donald Trump. There are better conservatives in Alabama than Roy Moore. Republican women, rise up and raise hell. That would be real loyalty, and to those who are really your own.
Peggy Noonan is a never trumpster. Moving on...
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

No, it is not time to move on.

Nobody is really making any sense of this flap of sexual accusations. They are all different, but the news makes them all sound the same.

Nobody is trying to put the fire out because they are all enchanted with dancing in the smoke.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila