Shooting at Sikh temple in Wisconsin

Sparky

Re: Shooting at Sikh temple in Wisconsin

Post by Sparky »

Ibrahim wrote:
noddy wrote:i did a translation project for a sikh group, so he could annotate the GGS in various languages, which was very difficult for me as i didnt speak the language nor get pattern recogintion on the characters and yet had to convert a custom image based font to modern unicode.

certainly tested my learning ability and by the end of it i was quite fammilar with it, they where all nice people.
I was nosing around for a standard English translation of the Guru Granth Sahib for my library and I'm actually having a difficult time finding one that people seem to agree upon as legitimate and which is also readily available for purchase at a reasonable price. I thought it would be as simple as getting a Bible or Quran, which are always available in a variety of translations from places like Amazon.com, and furthermore certain organizations will often give you a copy for free.

While Sikhism is relatively small compared to those religions, the GGS deserves better distribution, if only for its historical importance.
Head down to your nearest temple and enquire. Oh, and be sure to go at lunchtime ;)
Ibrahim

Re: Shooting at Sikh temple in Wisconsin

Post by Ibrahim »

Sparky wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
noddy wrote:i did a translation project for a sikh group, so he could annotate the GGS in various languages, which was very difficult for me as i didnt speak the language nor get pattern recogintion on the characters and yet had to convert a custom image based font to modern unicode.

certainly tested my learning ability and by the end of it i was quite fammilar with it, they where all nice people.
I was nosing around for a standard English translation of the Guru Granth Sahib for my library and I'm actually having a difficult time finding one that people seem to agree upon as legitimate and which is also readily available for purchase at a reasonable price. I thought it would be as simple as getting a Bible or Quran, which are always available in a variety of translations from places like Amazon.com, and furthermore certain organizations will often give you a copy for free.

While Sikhism is relatively small compared to those religions, the GGS deserves better distribution, if only for its historical importance.
Head down to your nearest temple and enquire. Oh, and be sure to go at lunchtime ;)
That's a solid idea on both counts.