Canada

A Mari usque ad Mare
Typhoon

Re: Canada

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
YMix wrote:A lot of Romanians would like to go to Canada, but getting a visa is a lengthy process and they're not taking in just anybody.
Must be racists.
It's a point based system based on skill set, as required by Canada, existing job offer, ability to speak one of the two official languages, and general suitability.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/ ... ctions.asp

It's relatively rational. I looked into it a long time ago now.

Japan should consider implementing a similar system. The US also.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Must be racists.
<Irenicus> You bore me.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

YMix wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:Must be racists.
<Irenicus> You bore me.
Ibrahim must really bore you.
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:
YMix wrote:A lot of Romanians would like to go to Canada, but getting a visa is a lengthy process and they're not taking in just anybody.
Must be racists.
It's a point based system based on skill set, as required by Canada, existing job offer, ability to speak one of the two official languages, and general suitability.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/ ... ctions.asp

It's relatively rational. I looked into it a long time ago now.

Japan should consider implementing a similar system. The US also.
I wonder how many Mexicans make it through.
Censorship isn't necessary
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Romania fell under special scrutiny around six years ago after a largely overblown political "scandal" after it turned out that some disproportionate number of women working as exotic dancers/strippers were Romanian, and this became a kind of shock story for newspapers arguing that the immigration ministry was complicit in human trafficking. The result was that immigration from Romania was put under extra scrutiny. Even though theoretically they could just "import" dancers from Hungary or someplace else, and that being an exotic dancer is a legal, safe, and financially remunerative job in Canada, and in my very limited experience dancers are overwhelmingly from Quebec.

Roma, distinct from Romanians as a whole, could possibly jump the queue by claiming refugee status due to persecution. But to be honest Canada is reducing refugee intake all the time, which I understand economically but disagree with morally.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

By the way it's Canada Day today, and before heading out to a BBQ I'm constitutionally obligated to tell you that this is, objectively, the greatest country in the world.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Ibrahim wrote:By the way it's Canada Day today, and before heading out to a BBQ I'm constitutionally obligated to tell you that this is, objectively, the greatest country in the world.
Congratulations! :D
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Hoping for a wind from the South.......

Post by monster_gardener »

Ibrahim wrote:By the way it's Canada Day today, and before heading out to a BBQ I'm constitutionally obligated to tell you that this is, objectively, the greatest country in the world.
Thanks for the post, iBS.........

Hoping that a fragrant ;) wind from the south blows over your BBQ.........

Given that you claimed 90% of America is a dump ;) :twisted:

That said.........

I like Canada.....

CANDU Nuclear Reactors......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CANDU_reactor

America without Caffeine........ ;)

Lots of great people.........

Gordon Lightfoot........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Lightfoot

Dudley Doo Right and Renfrew of the Mounted........ ;)

Milo.......... ;)

Though lots of them prefer to live in the dumps of Uz........ ;)

Many doctors..... ;) :twisted: :lol:

Even Captain Kirk/William Shatner.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Shatner

Scotty too........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Doohan

Hoping that too Canada doesn't get sold to the Chinese by its politicians....... :|

Or allow in too many Turkeys ;) who enable Sharia......... ;)
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Apollonius

Post by Apollonius »

Ibrahim wrote:This screed is comical for three reasons.

1. Appo still thinks he's a credible source on First Nations issues, despite exposing his tragic ignorance of the subject in post after post, not to mention his admitted personal biases. He also refers to some hearsay version of the "blood quantum" system used in the US, but didn't bother to Google it.

We once had a discussion about this. The situation is complicated. You won't find out much by looking at Wikipedia. I was even a bit surprised to find the facts that I posted from that source regarding this issue. If you look on the websites for individual bands you will sometimes get some additional information, although almost all bands are extremely secretive about everything connected with their operation, most especially anything related to finances and numbers and status of band members. There is currently a case which a member of one reserve has brought to the Supreme Court regarding disclosure of financial information which should be interesting to watch.

2. He believes he can determine who is a "real Indian" based on some kind of blood test, and that people would fake this because of... all the BENEFITS of being First Nations in Canada today.

So you don't think there are any benefits to being a Status Indian?

The Canadian government begs to differ. So do most First Nations peoples. It's a remarkable demonstration of your ignorant and racist attitudes that you don't think anyone would want to claim Aboriginal heritage.

If you are a Canadian of First Nations heritage, the world is your oyster. It's "in" to be Native. I couldn't expect you to know that. You've never met a Native Canadian. It can be an enormous advantage to be able to claim Aboriginal decent, even if you have to use a little creativity in your genealogy. Businesses and government are on the look-out for anyone with Aboriginal connections who they can add to their team. Look at Harper's government: he's got a disproportionate number of the most incompetent amongst them working for him. If you're not a real go-getter but you can play along with the chief and his clique, at least well enough to show up and applaud him at a Pow Wow, you'll get by.

I've got another bus story for you, Ibrahim. I overheard two Natives in their mid-twenties in conversation at the bus stop. The one had become a welder and was trying to convince the other to take a six months course (which is paid for by band from federal funds) and then start work on projects that give preferential hiring opportunities to First Nations applicants. The pay is 90 dollars an hour, and you don't even have to move anywhere exotic and expensive. It's in the ship-building industry.

Ibrahim wrote:So what did we learn from Appo for far: "Most injuns aren't real injuns because they don't have enough injun blood, but even the real injuns got no complaint against the gubbermint because we conquered 'em and they wouldda froze anyhow so the gubbermint can kill as many as they want, and I saw a drunk one on the bus and he didn't even call me SIR and... oops, gotta go. My bus is here!"

Apart from my own experiences, which are wide and deep, my dearest friends have decades of experience working with Native education in this province in diverse settings, both rural and urban.

As someone who has had close contacts with Native peoples for decades, I can tell you is that the level of corruption in these bands is extremely high. Most Indian reserves in Canada are run as little fiefs by a select group, usually one or two families.

The delineation of various segments of Native bands in B.C. (and elsewhere) does give one pause. I'm wondering if we are seeing a re-establishment of the kinds of distinctions seen in Aboriginal societies in pre-contact time, where, for example, the Tsimshian noted smkiket 'real people' and liqakiket 'other people', and lower down on the totem pole, wah'a'ayin 'unhealed people' or 'people without origin' (which reminds me of the current phrase for people who are members of the band but of "non-Aboriginal identity") while at the bottom were xa - slaves. Ibrahim appears to be very offended by the term "blood". Substitute the word "identity".

If this were merely an exercise in who had the right to a clan crest or inheritance of family property, no one would much care who was adopted into a Native band beyond the kind of rules that are applicable for family inheritance for Canadians at large. However, since First Nations peoples receive special grants, exemptions, and privileges over and above what someone who is *merely* Canadian gets, one wonders whether there should be some qualification and oversight of the process.

I've mentioned how Native bands are exempt from environmental regulations, taxes, zoning laws, and even the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Recently it came to my attention that people renting a home or apartment on a reserve, you are not protected by provincial rent controls which cap increases at a relatively small rate of increase each year. If you're gay or a pretty young girl or just don't get along with the right people, and living on a reserve in Canada, you are more likely to be abused than you ever were at a Residential School.
Apollonius

Post by Apollonius »

Canada Day bombing suspects were kicked out of Surrey mosque - CBC News, 3 July 2013
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... urrey.html

A B.C. couple accused of trying to detonate pressure cooker bombs during Canada Day celebrations in Victoria have been described by a friend as "former street punks" who found Islam, but then exhibited increasingly odd religious behaviour before they were kicked out of a Surrey mosque.

John Stewart Nuttall, in his late 30s, and Amanda Korody, late 20s, are alleged to have turned ordinary pressure cookers into improvised explosive devices filled with rusted nails, nuts, bolts and washers.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Appo wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:This screed is comical for three reasons.

1. Appo still thinks he's a credible source on First Nations issues, despite exposing his tragic ignorance of the subject in post after post, not to mention his admitted personal biases. He also refers to some hearsay version of the "blood quantum" system used in the US, but didn't bother to Google it.

We once had a discussion about this. The situation is complicated. You won't find out much by looking at Wikipedia. I was even a bit surprised to find the facts that I posted from that source regarding this issue. If you look on the websites for individual bands you will sometimes get some additional information, although almost all bands are extremely secretive about everything connected with their operation, most especially anything related to finances and numbers and status of band members.
This claim is false. 1. most bands or organization provide information for membership application, which includes criteria for membership as they are required to do by law, and 2. is subject to review by the relevant Provincial government. Furthermore, the membership rolls and records and supporting documentation for each member are subject to audit at any time.

Financial information is another matter.

2. He believes he can determine who is a "real Indian" based on some kind of blood test, and that people would fake this because of... all the BENEFITS of being First Nations in Canada today.
So you don't think there are any benefits to being a Status Indian?
Some. So you don't think there is any downside to being a Status Indian?

The Canadian government begs to differ. So do most First Nations peoples. It's a remarkable demonstration of your ignorant and racist attitudes that you don't think anyone would want to claim Aboriginal heritage.
A false mischaracterization of my statements, and furthermore you provided no evidence of widespread membership fraud, and you falsely stated the ability of bands to conceal their membership criteria.

If you are a Canadian of First Nations heritage, the world is your oyster.
Comical racist fantasy, as anybody who has spent even the most trivial amount of time on a reservation or working with First Nations organizations can tell you. Its a common trope in anti-First Nations racism that they are simultaneously degraded as inferior but also somehow possessing a series of unfair advantages and entitlements, which they of course squander due to their inferiority.

It's "in" to be Native. I couldn't expect you to know that. You've never met a Native Canadian. It can be an enormous advantage to be able to claim Aboriginal decent, even if you have to use a little creativity in your genealogy. Businesses and government are on the look-out for anyone with Aboriginal connections who they can add to their team. Look at Harper's government: he's got a disproportionate number of the most incompetent amongst them working for him. If you're not a real go-getter but you can play along with the chief and his clique, at least well enough to show up and applaud him at a Pow Wow, you'll get by.
In all honestly, this is one of the dumbest non-monster_gardener screeds I've ever read on this forum. It sounds like something from a white supremacist website, and is truly beneath contempt. I'd break down all the factual errors but you don't really present any facts here, just a bunch of weird claims that I could have heard at a truck stop. The way you juxtapose your pseudo-intellectualism and cut-pasting of various last-generation anthropologists with this kind of low-brow skinhead talk is jarring.

I've got another bus story for you, Ibrahim. I overheard two Natives in their mid-twenties in conversation at the bus stop. The one had become a welder and was trying to convince the other to take a six months course (which is paid for by band from federal funds) and then start work on projects that give preferential hiring opportunities to First Nations applicants. The pay is 90 dollars an hour, and you don't even have to move anywhere exotic and expensive. It's in the ship-building industry.
So your objection here is what?

1. the rate of pay for certified welders
2. First Nations people becoming welders
3. First Nations people having post-secondary education subsidized by the government as part of the Indian Act

Ibrahim wrote:So what did we learn from Appo for far: "Most injuns aren't real injuns because they don't have enough injun blood, but even the real injuns got no complaint against the gubbermint because we conquered 'em and they wouldda froze anyhow so the gubbermint can kill as many as they want, and I saw a drunk one on the bus and he didn't even call me SIR and... oops, gotta go. My bus is here!"
Apart from my own experiences, which are wide and deep, my dearest friends have decades of experience working with Native education in this province in diverse settings, both rural and urban.

As someone who has had close contacts with Native peoples for decades, I can tell you is that the level of corruption in these bands is extremely high. Most Indian reserves in Canada are run as little fiefs by a select group, usually one or two families.
If any of this is true, why do you not know basic facts about how the government and bands assess membership? And why would you only bring up the subject to argue that these people who are lagging behind in every development metric that exists are getting such a sweet ride? All your claims are contrary to basic fact, except for the general statement that there is "a lot of corruption on reservations," which is a claim that is axiomatic in Canada and just kind of comes as a package deal with all the other ones you hurl around.

The delineation of various segments of Native bands in B.C. (and elsewhere) does give one pause. I'm wondering if we are seeing a re-establishment of the kinds of distinctions seen in Aboriginal societies in pre-contact time, where, for example, the Tsimshian noted smkiket 'real people' and liqakiket 'other people', and lower down on the totem pole, wah'a'ayin 'unhealed people' or 'people without origin' (which reminds me of the current phrase for people who are members of the band but of "non-Aboriginal identity") while at the bottom were xa - slaves. Ibrahim appears to be very offended by the term "blood". Substitute the word "identity".
I wasn't offended by the term "blood," just pointing out that you were previously describing an American system of determining native status that isn't used here. That was before you made a different set of false claims about how status is determined in Canada. If you were smart enough to Google it I expect you would have gotten it right in the second try, but we'll wait for attempt number three.

As for tribes historically possessing slaves and having rigid social castes and wars with neighbors, I can only wonder at the mind that thinks this is a condemnation of First Nations civilization and history while extolling European history as somehow different or superior. Somehow it is natural for European society to have, then not have, slavery. But this is alien and wrong for First Nations, and de-legitimizes their entire existence. An argument so illogical and arbitrary that you typically only see it from the boots and braces crowd. Where are you getting this stuff?

If this were merely an exercise in who had the right to a clan crest or inheritance of family property, no one would much care who was adopted into a Native band beyond the kind of rules that are applicable for family inheritance for Canadians at large. However, since First Nations peoples receive special grants, exemptions, and privileges over and above what someone who is *merely* Canadian gets, one wonders whether there should be some qualification and oversight of the process.
This paragraph is non-sequitur. You are referencing your false claims about determining status, and your false claims about the desirability of being First Nations (love that lower life expectancy, really dig those suicide and addiction rates), as though they were somehow related to this precis of the social castes of Northwestern Coastal tribes. Please explain how these unrelated concepts fit together in your understanding. If they do.

I've mentioned how Native bands are exempt from environmental regulations, taxes, zoning laws, and even the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Recently it came to my attention that people renting a home or apartment on a reserve, you are not protected by provincial rent controls which cap increases at a relatively small rate of increase each year.
Actually that cap only applies to buildings built before 2002, but otherwise you are technically correct about jurisdiction. This is the essential point of their "nationhood" as outlined in the Constitution, upheld by the Supreme Court, and recognized by British and then Canadian authorities dated back to the 18th century.

If you're gay or a pretty young girl or just don't get along with the right people, and living on a reserve in Canada, you are more likely to be abused than you ever were at a Residential School.
You love Residential Schools so much! You threw a tantrum when I posted a story about the thousands they killed, and argued that it didn't matter because those dead children would have frozen to death anyhow. Now you mention - without statistics - that rates of sexual abuse on reservations (something typically linked to poverty and substance abuse) are greater than those in Residential Schools as some kind of... I'm not sure what exactly. I guess you feel like its a defense of those institutions that crimes also exist outside of them.

This is a strange and ugly obsession you have. Truly malicious, and based on a large number of objectively false claims.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Appo wrote:Canada Day bombing suspects were kicked out of Surrey mosque - CBC News, 3 July 2013

A B.C. couple accused of trying to detonate pressure cooker bombs during Canada Day celebrations in Victoria have been described by a friend as "former street punks" who found Islam, but then exhibited increasingly odd religious behaviour before they were kicked out of a Surrey mosque.

John Stewart Nuttall, in his late 30s, and Amanda Korody, late 20s, are alleged to have turned ordinary pressure cookers into improvised explosive devices filled with rusted nails, nuts, bolts and washers.

That's how we do it in Canada. We foil plots.

Appo, how your your anti-immigration ideology have prevented these two local punks from planning to bomb something?
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Wbs8tN8xlxA
Heracleum Persicum

Uu3pxG9AXPc

Medical experiments on Aborigini children

shame .. shame .. shame

monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Bragging versus Justifying Muslim Attacks.....

Post by monster_gardener »

Ibrahim wrote:
Appo wrote:Canada Day bombing suspects were kicked out of Surrey mosque - CBC News, 3 July 2013

Appo, how your your anti-immigration ideology have prevented these two local punks from planning to bomb something?
Thanks for your post, iBS
Recalling how you tried to justify the similar attack in Woolwich England by violent Muslim converts calling it revenge.

You brag when Muslim attacks are thwarted but try to justify them when they succeed.......
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

http://o.canada.com/2013/07/24/justin-t ... on-of-pot/
Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau, who has already called for the decriminalization of marijuana, this week said he would like to see it legalized altogether.

Speaking in Kelowna, B.C., he told a crowd, “I’m actually not in favour of decriminalizing cannabis. I’m in favour of legalizing it.

“Tax it, regulate. It’s one of the only ways to keep it out of the hands of our kids because the current war on drugs, the current model is not working. We have to use evidence and science to make sure we’re moving forward on that.”
Lil' Trudeau going after the youth vote. I think the time might be right for this. With all the classic Tories aging and dying off a lot of conservatives here are more the libertarian types, and they aren't fans of the drug war.
Heracleum Persicum

. . Canada is described as a country that is “dominated commercially and culturally by the United States, but is inclined to resent this.”

. . notes from unnamed diplomatic staff also warn her of Pierre Elliott Trudeau‘s “complex personality,” and his “unsound personal views on east/west problems and strategic balance.” Thatcher was also told that then-prime minister Trudeau’s desire to accompany her on her Canadian tour would “affect the nature” of her stops in Toronto and Edmonton, two provincial capitals of particular interest to the British leader because their premiers were conservatives.

I liked Trudeau

Apollonius

Re: Medical experiments on Aboriginal children

Post by Apollonius »

Azari,

I take it that the money from the latest settlement ran out.

70 years ago. Any victims alive today? Any perpetrators alive today? Are taxpayers who had absolutely nothing to do with this supposed to pay "victims" who searched the archives to see if they were related to someone who had to eat carrots instead of potatoes for lunch? Were their parents feeding them any better in those days than they feed their own kids now?

70 years ago. Let's see. 20-50 million Chinese starved to death in a government economic experiment. 10-20 million Russians in the gulag, most of whom died from cold or starvation while mining heavy metals or cleaning up radioactive waste. Around 100 million Africans murdered by their fellow Africans because their neighbours didn't like the way they spoke or dressed. Latin America, the continent of disappearances. All we know is that every single country is involved and every single country had tens of thousands of experiments gone terribly wrong. The Caribbean. Ever hear anything that wasn't out of Alien, re-told as a West Indian horror story? Turkey, a byword in prison sadism, ongoing genocide, including a bunch of Nazis who call themselves "Muslims" (not a dime's worth of difference to me) cleaning up Turkey's politics today. Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, India, Burma, Cambodia, Indonesia. Almost makes the Arabian peninsula look tolerant and peaceful, even though the hospitals there are full of half dead virgins who had to be deflowered by knife since Arabs apparently can't get it up to penetrate without recourse to mechanical aids. After the patients are sewn up, they're told to go home, and pray. It was an experiment in Islamic marriage.

I see where the city of Memphis, Tenn. voted to end corporal punishment in their schools effective a couple of days ago.

I call this progress. Yes, I'm for compensating the victims. All of us. That's why I support a guaranteed minimum income, because as Buddha said, "Life is suffering".

You and Ibrahim are both richer than I am, so we'll pass the offering bowl to you first.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

I like "(rant about suffering worldwide)" better than "they would have frozen to death anyways" as a method of glossing over this patch of Canadian history. Even if the rant included a lot of crazy/bigoted statements, its a slightly saner way to go about it.

Now I'm a taxpayer, and personally I wouldn't mind seeing more of what I pay used to address systematic inequalities and the legacy of generations malicious policies. I'm already subsidizing you, after all.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Not sure if to post this here or in Levitas . . .

CBC | Ottawa testing $620K stealth snowmobile for Arctic
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

I forgot to wish our Canadian participants a Happy Canada Day.

Happy Canada Day!

Here's to Canadian-American friendship and cooperation

x-kZB-Omn6g
cultivate a white rose
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinio ... 11111.html

What the world can learn from Canadian multiculturalism

In major cities such as Toronto and Vancouver, roughly half the population consists of visible minorities, yet the type of social segregation and alienation prevalent in Europe is nonetheless conspicuously absent.

While immigrants tend to settle in the same neighbourhoods upon arrival, they also partake in Canadian society to a far greater degree than their European counterparts. Immigrants to Canada tend to achieve economic success, high levels of education, and social integration at a level unseen in European societies. Correspondingly, Canadians also tend to have a much more positive opinion of immigration than Europeans. In a 2006 poll asking what made them "proud to be Canadian", multiculturalism ranked second place, behind only the country’s Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

Furthermore, while immigration from Muslim-majority countries has become an increasingly contentious issue in many Western countries, the experience of Canadian Muslims defies many of the stereotypes promulgated about this community. In his book, Unlikely Utopia: The Surprising Triumph of Canadian Pluralism, the Canadian author Michael Adams conducted one of the broadest studies of the Canadian Muslim population ever, and found a community which strongly identified with the country and its institutions. To this end, a 2007 CBC News poll concluded that "Canadian Muslims appear to be the most contented, moderate and, well, Canadian, in the developed world."

Thus, if multiculturalism has failed, one would be forgiven for being oblivious to this as a Canadian, where it is widely considered one of the nation’s most cherished attributes.

Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Except in Quebec, where sometimes its still 1604. Unless Pastaneta was on vacation....

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/ ... 75?cmp=rss
Quebec Muslim Badia Senouci told: 'change your religion'

A Muslim woman says she and her family were verbally assaulted, her son was spit on and they were told to "change your religion” while on a recent trip at a Quebec City shopping centre.

Badia Senouci and her family are blaming the incident on the current controversy over the province's proposed charter of values.

Senouci was shopping two weeks ago in Ste-Foy with her son and husband when an older woman approached them and began insulting their religion.

“She told me, ‘Madame, change your religion,’” Senouci says.

The woman continued to insult Senouci’s religion, to which she replied, “'It’s not your problem. I’m free to embrace whichever religion I want, and this is the religion that suits me,'” Senouci recounts.

The woman insisted that Senouci remove her hijab, and then told her the government would soon be forcing her to remove her headscarf anyway.

Senouci says that when her 18-year-old son Ahmed intervened and asked the woman to stop harassing his mother, she spit in his face.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Just goes to show that there are feeble-minded individuals in all countries.

I attended a conference in Vancouver this past summer, and the multicultural and tolerant aspect of Canadian society were one of the things that again caught my attention.

Even the drug addict who befriended me as I walked back from dinner in Chinatown to my hotel was friendly and polite, if a bit rough around the edges and more than a little confused.

Oh well, now I know where to score some dope [or whatever the current slang is] in Vancouver.

Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Typhoon wrote:Oh well, now I know where to score some dope [or whatever the current slang is] in Vancouver.
Your hotel didn't leave some high-quality hydroponic marijuana on your pillow? I'd call them and complain.