Heracleum Persicum

Re: U.S. Foreign Policy

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

http://www.iranreview.org/content/Docum ... eneral.htm

28 April 2016

H.E. Mr. Ban Ki Moon Secretary-General United Nations

New York

Excellency,

In the past few years, the United States has persistently engaged in a dangerous practice of defying international law and order by allowing, in fact instigating, private litigants to bring civil action before U.S domestic courts against sovereign states, including the Islamic Republic of Iran. Trials have been organized in absentia; self-serving judgments have been obtained in default; and claims have been laid on the assets of the Iranian people. Knowing full well that no self-respecting nation, certainly not Iran, would ever subject itself to the jurisdiction of another state’s domestic courts, they have amassed billions of dollars in unlawful and factually flawed default judgments against the Islamic Republic of Iran and its organs. The U.S Executive branch illegally freezes Iranian national assets; the U.S Legislative branch legislates to pave the ground for their illicit seizures; and the U.S Judicial branch issues rulings to confiscate Iranian assets without any base in law or fact. The veracity and credibility of the US justice system -- when it comes to its treatment of Iran --can be measured by the recent ruling of a New York District Court that ordered Iran to pay more than $10.5 billion in damages to the families of the victims of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, claiming against all evidence and commonsense that Iran "provided active support to the attackers." Such absurd allegation – not by a politician but regrettably by a so-called court of law—contradicts even public statements as well as findings – open or sealed -- of investigations by the US Government and US Congress.

[Mod note: As outlined in the SFRs, the keep the posts short to excerpts. Copyright and hell to read on mobile.]

M. Javad Zarif

Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Islamic Republic of Iran

Heracleum Persicum

Video

Heracleum Persicum

Xi Jinping's “message”
“Stealth” might be dead,
but the battle is just beginning.

US officer who declared “China … doesn’t have the industrial capability to benefit from either the design or the systems”.

:lol:

must read

YMix

Post by YMix »

Protestant passion plays.
The U.S. Blew $1.4 Billion on Abstinence Education in Africa

That is the amount of money the U.S. spent over a 10-year period from 2004 through 2013 promoting abstinence before marriage as a way of preventing HIV in 14 countries in sub-Saharan Africa. Unfortunately, according to the most comprehensive independent study conducted to date of the effort, the money was more or less wasted. A rigorous comparison of national data from countries that received abstinence funding under the U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) with those that got none of the funding showed no difference in the age of first sexual experience or in the number of sexual partners or teenage pregnancies—all aspects of behaviors that have been linked to a higher risk of becoming infected with HIV.

Instead the study showed that one of the most important factors associated with lower levels of risky behavior was the number of years women remained in school. Other efforts that have proved effective in slowing the spread of HIV include treating the infection in pregnant women so they do not pass the virus on to their newborns, the study added. The research by Nathan Lo, Anita Lowe and Eran Bendavid, all at the Stanford University School of Medicine, was published in the May Health Affairs.

[...]
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

At least when it comes to blown gubmint money it is a fairly small sum.
Censorship isn't necessary
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

To paraphrase "Full Metal Jacket",
Inside every African is a white social-conservative evangelical Christian American struggling to get out.
Not.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

And they have paid the price.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Mr. Perfect wrote:At least when it comes to blown gubmint money it is a fairly small sum.
Waste is waste.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
YMix

Post by YMix »

Mr. Perfect wrote:And they have paid the price.
They can afford to. They have these really high fertility rates.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

YMix wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:At least when it comes to blown gubmint money it is a fairly small sum.
Waste is waste.
But when you complain about waste in one instance and not others you make the story more about you.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

YMix wrote:
They have high rates of other things also.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Mr. Perfect wrote:But when you complain about waste in one instance and not others you make the story more about you.
If you can't win it, spin it.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Mr. Perfect wrote:They have high rates of other things also.
Which are being addressed. Not with abstinence education, though.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

$1.4b? That much money was redirected to other uses.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

YMix wrote:
Remember last year when WHO was caught putting sterilization agents into Kenya's vaccinations? It wasn't the first time.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Doc

Post by Doc »

YMix wrote:
Waste is waste.
A little waste here a little waste there and before you know it you have a great big steaming pile of it. Plus some fat bank accounts in Switzerland
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc wrote:
YMix wrote:
Waste is waste.
A little waste here a little waste there and before you know it you have a great big steaming pile of it. Plus some fat bank accounts in Switzerland
My guess is that foreign aid is a major source of income for Swiss banks.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:
Doc wrote:
YMix wrote:
Waste is waste.
My guess is that foreign aid is a major source of income for Swiss banks.
No A major sources of illicit funds from corrupt people. In this case corrupt people taking money from government in one form or another and sending it to Switzerland.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Not a binary choice.

Almost all industrialized nations do not have abstinence as part of their education program,
yet have been very successful in limiting AIDS.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Cato | U.S. Needs Robust Debate on Foreign Policy Choices
In October, America’s longest war, the war in Afghanistan, will enter its 16th year. With American troops fighting not only in Afghanistan, but in Iraq, Syria, Libya, and elsewhere, foreign policy should be a major topic of discussion during the Democratic National Convention and overall this election year. Unfortunately, neither Hillary Clinton nor Donald Trump advocate a foreign policy that the American people want.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

YMix wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:But when you complain about waste in one instance and not others you make the story more about you.
If you can't win it, spin it.
I won and didnt spin anything.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote:
Not a binary choice.

Almost all industrialized nations do not have abstinence as part of their education program,
yet have been very successful in limiting AIDS.
OK so whats your solution for Africa.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote:Cato | U.S. Needs Robust Debate on Foreign Policy Choices
In October, America’s longest war, the war in Afghanistan, will enter its 16th year. With American troops fighting not only in Afghanistan, but in Iraq, Syria, Libya, and elsewhere, foreign policy should be a major topic of discussion during the Democratic National Convention and overall this election year. Unfortunately, neither Hillary Clinton nor Donald Trump advocate a foreign policy that the American people want.
People really like trumps foreign policy. Cato is a never Trump outfit.