U.S. Foreign Policy

Heracleum Persicum

Re: U.S. Foreign Policy

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

gBTH1O_pIvE

“I believe that Saudi Arabia and Turkey are the two greatest dangers to world peace,” Senator Black told RT. “It is Saudi Arabia, through the Wahhabist doctrine, that is spreading terrorism across the globe. It’s not Iran, it’s not Syria or any other country.”

Saudi Arabia’s state-sponsored teachings of Wahhabism promote an ultra-conservative, austere version of Sunni Islam. Meanwhile, Black told RT that Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan intends to impose an absolute dictatorship.

“Erdogan has a dream of becoming a new Ottoman Empire,” Black said.

YMix

Post by YMix »

Good article thanks for posting.
Believing that the U.S. and its allies would bail them out, Saakashvili escalated a conflict he couldn’t win, and in the process gave Russia the pretext it needed to ensure that Georgian membership in NATO would become practically impossible thereafter.
I'm pretty certain that Saakashvili was given assurances by the USA that he would receive help.
In both countries, Western governments favored governments that took an overtly anti-Russian line, and then feigned surprise when Russia responded angrily to those moves.
That's an understatement. In Ukraine, Washington picked the president and prime minister and it was clear that they were expected to be stridently anti-Russian whether they liked it or not.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:
Doc wrote:.

Syrian war explained. Obama does "stupid stuff"

NKb9GVU8bHE

Thanx .. fair presentation of things

The real story is, Assad made the mistake to attack the people who where unhappy .. he misjudged the uprising (uprising was for economical reason, mostly by farmers ruined due to long drought).

When things got bad, Saudi and Turks thought they can take advantage of situation and topple Assad (Saudi wanted to get rid of Assad an Iran ally, Turks probably thinking to annex north of Syria where Turkaman live).

Russians (in the mean time back to strong military might), losing 2 of their allies, Saddam and Qaddafi, said "enough is enough".

West now thinking Assad better deal than ISIS

Assad situation improving, Saudi and Turks on downhill path.

Yes it is unusual for VOX it being basically a DNC mouth piece
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

A senior defense official said of Tuesday’s incident that there was no indication of hostile intent and that the American crews were being well-treated. “In some ways this has been very professional,” the official said.

Fortunately, Iran did not respond to this incident in the same way that, oh, I don’t know, a NATO ally recently responded to an aerial incursion. They seized the ships, did not harm any of the sailors and eventually returned both the crew and the ships.

YMix

Post by YMix »

NATO allies cannot agree to Russian demands to limit their missile defences because of the threat posed by North Korea, a senior U.S. State Department official said on Tuesday.
First, USA was building a missile base in Romania because of Iran. Now it's because of North Korea. :lol:
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Finished reading The China Mirage by James Bradley* about the history of American involvement in E Asia.

*The son of one of the flag raisers at Iwo Jima, and the author of the famous "Flags of Our Fathers".

To summarize:

A number of famous US family fortunes, including the Delano in FDR, got their start in the China Opium Trade.
This trade was a significant source of finance for the rapid US industrialization in the latter half of the 19th century.

Teddy Roosevelt supported the Japanese occupation and colonization of Korea by Japan.
This despite Korea having a defense treaty with the USA at the time.

The colonial expansion of Imperial Japan in E Asia, including China, was fueled by American oil, specifically oil from California.
FDR did not want to cut off the flow of oil to Japan as he, correctly anticipated, that this would lead to war.

However, the completely corrupt Soong - Chiang gang wielded remarkable influence in the US government and media through their China Lobby.
If ever there was a model for the stereotype of the Chinese Dragon Lady, then Ailing Soong was it.
Chiang Kai-Shek set and still holds the record for the number of appearances on the cover of Henry Luce's Time magazine.

Their goal was to involve the US in a land war in China - to have US troops do Chiang Kai-Shek's fighting for him against the Imperial Japanese Army so that Chiang could concentrate on defeating Mao, despite Chiang having lost every time he encountered Mao's army, while at the same time extracting as much money as possible from the US government for the personal benefit of the Soong-Chiang gang while claiming that it was for China.

Chiang's army was the traditional model of corrupt patronage and brutal forced conscription.
He represented the vested interests of landowners and his army was military pretending to lead a country.
Yet in the US media, Chiang was portrayed as the enlightened Christian saviour and leader of the Chinese people.
Mao's army was based on the support of the peasant masses, was disciplined and modern, and promoted land reform.

No other US foreign lobby was as effective for as many decades as the China Lobby.
It was people working for them, in the FDR administration, that effectively stopped the flow of US oil to Japan, without the knowledge of FDR,
leading Japan to attack the US and to invade what is now Indonesia.

By Truman's account the Soong-Chiang gang received about USD 750 million which was directed to their personal benefit rather than that of China.

After Mao's victory, and Chiang's retreat to Taiwan, there are a massive political witchhunt in the US to determine "Who lost China" on the presumption that China in some sense belonged to the US.
The China Lobby in the US government made sure that the few US officials, the "China Hands", who had reported the real situation in China were persecuted, punished, and effectively exiled from the corridors of power.

The Imperial Japanese government was incredibly dumb to have sent a diplomat to the US who could barely speak English leading to great misunderstanding to intention on both sides.

After WWII, the US instead of liberating countries that Japan had occupied aided, promoted the restoration of the brutal colonial occupations of SE Asia by Western powers such as France, Britain, Holland. In the case of French Indochina, this eventually lead to the ruinous American involvement on the losing side of the Vietnam War.

The postwar US plan for Asia was an updated version of the Imperial Japan's Greater Economic Co-Prosperity Sphere with Japan at the centre, the difference being that the colonialism was to be economic and political without occupation.

By assisting Chiang to escape to Taiwan and protecting him while he claimed to represent the true government of China, the US made it obligatory for mainland China to claim Taiwan as part of it's territory. Before Chiang's arrival, China has little interest in Formosa. Chiang's regime was so corrupt and brutal that native Taiwanese would have preferred the Japanese occupation. Japanese culture is disproportionately popular in Taiwan to this day.

Bradley sets much of the blame on the US Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882. By not having any contact with real Chinese people, culture, and society, the US fell for the missionary's portrayal of China as 400 million Chinese yearning for Christianity and desiring nothing more than to become American. The China that Americans believed in, from the man-in-the-street to FDR, existed solely in the imagination of Americans.

To paraphrase the US General in "Full Metal Jacket",

"Inside every Chink is an American trying to get out."

This was typified by the absurdist novel The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck with it's imaginary portrayal of the Nobel Chinese Peasant.

J. Bradley's stated motivation for doing the research and writing the novel is that his father served as cannon fodder and was wounded in an unnecessary war in the Pacific and later his older brother nearly died from the injuries he received in Vietnam. He does not want his son to do the same.
In this sense, he is a real patriot, unlike the canonical wannabe armchair warriors one so often encounters on the internet.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote:.

A number of famous US family fortunes, including the Delano in FDR, got their start in the China Opium Trade.

Yes, many rich people now, got their money in pushing Opium on Chinese.

The "Namazi" family in Iran, were first Opium traders in India and later in China .. they were British crony, they got their fortune all from Opium.

David Sassoon was in charge of the British Opium program in China.

YMix

Post by YMix »

When Iran said it did not have a nuclear bomb program, it was telling the truth. Indeed, it is Iran’s accusers, many from the same crowd that misled and lied to us when they said Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, whose credibility is in question today.

Iran’s accusers should produce their evidence, if any, that Iran had, or still has, a nuclear bomb program.

Otherwise, they should shut up with the lying and goading the U.S. into another war that will leave us with another trillion-dollar debt, ashes in our mouths, and thousands more dead and wounded warriors.
I couldn't agree more.
Heracleum Persicum

YMix wrote:
When Iran said it did not have a nuclear bomb program, it was telling the truth. Indeed, it is Iran’s accusers, many from the same crowd that misled and lied to us when they said Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, whose credibility is in question today.

Iran’s accusers should produce their evidence, if any, that Iran had, or still has, a nuclear bomb program.

Otherwise, they should shut up with the lying and goading the U.S. into another war that will leave us with another trillion-dollar debt, ashes in our mouths, and thousands more dead and wounded warriors.
I couldn't agree more.

wHmhf_wrcrM

:lol: :lol: :lol: , what a crook, what a crook .. he has the blood of all Iraqi killed on his hand.

Heracleum Persicum

RJOqO6aOvyU
Heracleum Persicum

fYJuLTkO7lg

:lol: :lol: .. Putin now the favorite

Neocons pretty much, lost

Doc

Post by Doc »

YMix wrote:

I couldn't agree more.
The North Korean Nuke test the other day. That was research paid for by Iran with the US money it received. Iran has outsourced its nuclear program.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote:
YMix wrote:

I couldn't agree more.
The North Korean Nuke test the other day. That was research paid for by Iran with the US money it received. Iran has outsourced its nuclear program.

Doc, Pls read the Buchanan article .. informative

What Buchanan sayin, is, Iran developed all needed to make 10-20 nuclear bombs (Kerry's word), could make the final push and test it "within 30 days" (Obama's word) .. but .. stopped there

Reason not make the PumpKin was not being afraid of anybody, reason was Iran becoming a "nuclear weapon power", was not in "national Iranian Interest", this Buchanan word .. what I'm saying since long long time

Iran's power will be now in science, industry, cultural and civilization field .. that will win that space.

Arabs not affraid of Iranian military (they have western guaranty), Arabs afraid Iran in generation or two rubbing shoulder with China and America and Japan and Germany.

Iran has not attacked anybody last 350 yrs, Iranian nation not a war mongering nation .. but .. those you hear about "Islamic achievement, science etc" , they no Islamic but Persian .. Arabs know and afraid of that

But, this can not be stopped, c'est la vie

YMix

Post by YMix »

Doc wrote:The North Korean Nuke test the other day. That was research paid for by Iran with the US money it received. Iran has outsourced its nuclear program.
Source?
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

YMix wrote:

I couldn't agree more.
I noticed that, now that the sanctions have been lifted, there is currently an all out effort to vilify Iran in what HP would call the Anglosphere media.

Given that the US is kissing allies with one of the two most barbaric regimes on the planet, Saudi Arabia, it is hardly in a position to point fingers.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Heracleum Persicum

YMix wrote:.
Doc wrote:The North Korean Nuke test the other day. That was research paid for by Iran with the US money it received. Iran has outsourced its nuclear program.
Source ?

All Iranian nuclear achievement was "home made" .. that Pakistani or N. Korean rubbish was PR to belittle Iran.

Neocon/Zionist were belittling Iran to justify their "venomous" policies and foolin Joe

Iran has vast pool of scientist, a big pool of Iranian scientist also in west (including in US)

YMix

Post by YMix »

Typhoon wrote:Given that the US is kissing allies with one of the two most barbaric regimes on the planet, Saudi Arabia, it is hardly in a position to point fingers.
Also:
Three reasons the U.S. won’t break with Azerbaijan over its violations of human rights and democratic freedoms

Should the United States chastise or even break with Azerbaijan? One congressman thinks so, given its troubling authoritarian policies, alleged human rights violations, egregious electoral fraud, jailing of investigative journalists and torture of political prisoners.

In December, Rep. Chris Smith (R-N.J.), introduced legislation that would deny U.S. visas to senior Azerbaijani officials. Such a policy would be a break with the past U.S. relationship with the former Soviet republic, bordered by Armenia to the west and the Caspian Sea to the east.

But Smith’s legislation is unlikely to pass. Despite the country’s human rights record, the United States has cooperated closely with Azerbaijan, both economically and on security. The European Stability Initiative argues that the West’s soft stance towards Azerbaijan is the result of President Ilham Aliyev’s “caviar diplomacy.” The ESI reported that Aliyev’s offerings of free travel and lavish gifts entice Western elites into ignoring his government’s repression.

Such patronage might have an impact. But the close U.S.-Azerbaijan partnership can be better explained by three major strategic factors: Azerbaijan’s significance as an energy transit point linking Central Asia to Europe; Aliyev’s resistance to Russian sovereignty violations in Georgia and Ukraine; and Azerbaijan’s solidarity with the United States against both terrorism and Shiite radicalization.

[...]
Heracleum Persicum

YMix wrote:
Typhoon wrote:Given that the US is kissing allies with one of the two most barbaric regimes on the planet, Saudi Arabia, it is hardly in a position to point fingers.
Also:
Three reasons the U.S. won’t break with Azerbaijan over its violations of human rights and democratic freedoms

Should the United States chastise or even break with Azerbaijan? One congressman thinks so, given its troubling authoritarian policies, alleged human rights violations, egregious electoral fraud, jailing of investigative journalists and torture of political prisoners.

In December, Rep. Chris Smith (R-N.J.), introduced legislation that would deny U.S. visas to senior Azerbaijani officials. Such a policy would be a break with the past U.S. relationship with the former Soviet republic, bordered by Armenia to the west and the Caspian Sea to the east.

But Smith’s legislation is unlikely to pass. Despite the country’s human rights record, the United States has cooperated closely with Azerbaijan, both economically and on security. The European Stability Initiative argues that the West’s soft stance towards Azerbaijan is the result of President Ilham Aliyev’s “caviar diplomacy.” The ESI reported that Aliyev’s offerings of free travel and lavish gifts entice Western elites into ignoring his government’s repression.

Such patronage might have an impact. But the close U.S.-Azerbaijan partnership can be better explained by three major strategic factors: Azerbaijan’s significance as an energy transit point linking Central Asia to Europe; Aliyev’s resistance to Russian sovereignty violations in Georgia and Ukraine; and Azerbaijan’s solidarity with the United States against both terrorism and Shiite radicalization.

[...]

What US does has ZERO meaning for future of Azerbaijan

What is called today Azerbaijan, in reality is "Shirvan & Arran", an important integral part of Persia, people same, culture same, civilization same, sooner or later things gono B same. :lol:

Reason now suddenly, Rep. Chris Smith (R-N.J.), introducing legislation that would deny U.S. visas to senior Azerbaijani officials is not human right violation by Baku, but "Baku now moving towards Iran" (and Russia).

http://www.irna.ir/en/News/81929690/

YMix, these days, human rights @ the bottom of the list, if at all on the list .. not even Joe cares anymore about human rights, things have perverted .. don't waste you energy and time.

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Reason | Why Won't Iran Act Like Our Enemy?
The U.S. government and its closest ally, Israel, have threatened to attack Iran for decades. Meanwhile they have conducted covert, proxy, and cyber war against the Islamic Republic. But Iran wouldn't take the bait. George W. Bush hoped to bomb Iran into regime-change before he left office, but the U.S. intelligence apparatus documented that Iran was not building a nuclear weapon, leaving Bush's plans in tatters.

The warmongers just can't catch a break, but Iran's un-enemy-like conduct doesn't deter them. As true-believers, they are unfazed by facts.

Hillary Clinton is to be included in this group. In one of her presidential debates she listed Iran among the enemies she's most proud to have made—odd coming from a former secretary of state who says she helped prepare for the nuclear talks. In the midst of the good news last weekend, she called for new sanctions because Iran had tested a long-range allegedly nuclear-capable missile in supposed violation of a UN resolution. (The Obama administration obliged, although Iran protests that the missile is not nuclear-capable.)
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:Reason | Why Won't Iran Act Like Our Enemy?
The U.S. government and its closest ally, Israel, have threatened to attack Iran for decades. Meanwhile they have conducted covert, proxy, and cyber war against the Islamic Republic. But Iran wouldn't take the bait. George W. Bush hoped to bomb Iran into regime-change before he left office, but the U.S. intelligence apparatus documented that Iran was not building a nuclear weapon, leaving Bush's plans in tatters.

The warmongers just can't catch a break, but Iran's un-enemy-like conduct doesn't deter them. As true-believers, they are unfazed by facts.

Hillary Clinton is to be included in this group. In one of her presidential debates she listed Iran among the enemies she's most proud to have made—odd coming from a former secretary of state who says she helped prepare for the nuclear talks. In the midst of the good news last weekend, she called for new sanctions because Iran had tested a long-range allegedly nuclear-capable missile in supposed violation of a UN resolution. (The Obama administration obliged, although Iran protests that the missile is not nuclear-capable.)
They are Bill Clinton's enemy isn't that good enough for you ? :D

E6XlQhO0Hxo

BTW Don't you love the NAZI salutes?

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

I guess I'm too old to get worked up over a bit of symbolism.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:I guess I'm too old to get worked up over a bit of symbolism.
aE0f0hZqMjY

ws9gB4OReBQ